Beyblade Random Thoughts

I'm totally going to put the Rolling Shell MS grip onto the end of my grip.
Look out, Anime North 2016.
Pretty sure HMS grips are only legal for HMS but the "beyroplane" seems legit. Assuming you can keep it in your half and actually launch with it, there is no reason that shouldn't be legal.
(Jan. 11, 2016  4:05 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: My grip turned into an airplane

[Image: zma7jI6.png]

Incoming - it's 1234beyblade's plane.

AND ITS FLYING TO 1ST PLACE

;A;

(Jan. 11, 2016  5:17 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I definitely don't consider three Launchergrips attached to a single Beylauncher as legal, and I really hope our community isn't insane enough to force us to write this down. lol

Too late, it's happening.
Question: does the string emerge from the one unlaunchered side? If so, how do you manage to keep on your side of the stadium?
So. My left compact launcher doesn't appear to skip, so a bend of a ripcord won't help at all. And it makes a race car broom sound in the first second i rip it, And dramatically slows down A Dragooon based combo. I found out that it's a problem relating to weight. A synchrome left combo will slow down with this launcher , while a meteo based combo doesn't really slow down, and a lightning l drago based combo aswell. So i need help regarding to this problem that i've been persevering since i got this left launcher.
(Jan. 11, 2016  11:52 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Pretty sure HMS grips are only legal for HMS but the "beyroplane" seems legit. Assuming you can keep it in your half and actually launch with it, there is no reason that shouldn't be legal.

To be clear, it isn't legal, and I guess we will have to write this in the rules if people insist it would be. Just the disruption it causes to the other player alone is enough to disqualify it ...
If it can stay within the user's alotted space, I see no issue with it. If it can't, that rule prohibits it and no further ruling is needed. Surely it's as simple as that?
(Jan. 11, 2016  7:40 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: If it can stay within the user's alotted space, I see no issue with it. If it can't, that rule prohibits it and no further ruling is needed. Surely it's as simple as that?

I would be very shocked if this could actually stay within one half of the stadium (and don't forget that hands move around quite a bit during launching). That aside, it's a completely impractical design that would only function solely to inconvenience the other player. The reason the BeyLauncher can be attached from multiple sides is for player flexibility; it's obviously not the intent that multiple grips be attached to a single launcher.

I can't believe I have to have this conversation. This is why the universal rulebook is 20 pages long.
The reason we created the rule about not taking over half the stadium in the first place was because I came up with a grip just like that during the MFB era. But I guess we might as well be even more specific. :\
(Jan. 11, 2016  8:50 PM)Kei Wrote: The reason we created the rule about not taking over half the stadium in the first place was because I came up with a grip just like that during the MFB era. But I guess we might as well be even more specific. :\

I should've known you were to blame.
Welp one of my packages is MIA. Trying to figure it out with the post office.

*Sigh*
How was it shipped? And what was inside? Sorry to hear it Unhappy
It shipped and everything was fine until the delivery day (today), it says it was delivered but no packages were in my box. It was just an Ebay lot, but I really wanted that Hayate AR...

The post office gave the usual "We'll call you back" answer, I dunno the chances of them
actually following up with that.
Ah, that sounds like a miswritten address ... So delivered to the wrong house.
(Jan. 11, 2016  9:48 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Ah, that sounds like a miswritten address ... So delivered to the wrong house.

The guy I spoke to confirmed the address. Still, if one of my neighbors got it hopefully they'll return it.
(Jan. 11, 2016  7:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ...it's a completely impractical design that would only function solely to inconvenience the other player. The reason the BeyLauncher can be attached from multiple sides is for player flexibility; it's obviously not the intent that multiple grips be attached to a single launcher.

So, if I were to have a grip for each hand and pull with my teeth, that would be exercising player flexibility, right? That could potentially exist for reasons beyond intentional awkwardness. Is that allowed?

Yes, three is kinda stupid but also hillarious.
(Jan. 11, 2016  10:05 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: So, if I were to have a grip for each hand and pull with my teeth, that would be exercising player flexibility, right? That could potentially exist for reasons beyond intentional awkwardness. Is that allowed?

Is this a serious question?
It was until I tried it and realized just how long the string is. I'm kind of in two minds about banning it but it's also so stupidly unrealistic a situation that I don't think it'd matter.
So I called my usps office again, my carrier couldn't fit the package in my box, so she still scanned it and left which illogical but oh well, they said she'll pass back and deliver it soon Smile

I am 90% sure they weren't gonna call me back though.
(Jan. 11, 2016  10:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2016  10:05 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: So, if I were to have a grip for each hand and pull with my teeth, that would be exercising player flexibility, right? That could potentially exist for reasons beyond intentional awkwardness. Is that allowed?

Is this a serious question?
For some reason BeyBrad's reply made me laugh more than when you asked the answer lol.
That'd be an interesting first impression at a tournament for someone who wants to get into the game, haha.
Haha yeah.

Anyways, I used to attach to handles to the side of my grip and call it the motorcycle launcher grip. Very strange childhood.
(Jan. 11, 2016  9:20 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: but I really wanted that Hayate AR...

No you don't.
You really don't.
(Jan. 11, 2016  11:39 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2016  9:20 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: but I really wanted that Hayate AR...

No you don't.
You really don't.

(Aug. 20, 2014  9:07 AM)Ultra Wrote: Um what? You're just saying that because you're a dragoon fanboy...
(Jan. 11, 2016  11:39 PM)Neo Wrote:

No you don't.
You really don't.

Yeah, Hayate sucks! It's so unbalanced!