Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 17, 2015  10:32 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: And my tests with it show that it is better than the defense driver

Yes, though I tend to wait until multiple people verify the findings before taking tests at their word Smile
Yeah true. That reminds me (my first survive driver has a big chunk taken out of it):
General warning to all burst bladers: When one bey gets bursted and the other keeps spinning, make sure that the one that keeps spinning doesn't hit the disk with the tip of its driver. You can take a big chunk out of the tip that way
I thought that if a part has a noticeable change in performance that it was considered illegal for official WBO tournament play. If the initial testing proved that Survive had very little defensive capabilities, I feel that if the part getting worn down makes a noticeable change in the defensive abilities of the part that it would be Illegal for tournament play.
well i hope that doesn't happen because all my parts are older i don't have brand new parts most are used a lot so they are worn i would hate to have new parts just to legal
Just want to throw this out there in response to SS1:

Not sure if this is correct, but I heard that RB is better when worn down a bit? I am pretty sure Daniel told me this and that's what he likes to do, and he uses RB a fair amount in tournaments..
(Aug. 18, 2015  1:32 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: I thought that if a part has a noticeable change in performance that it was considered illegal for official WBO tournament play. If the initial testing proved that Survive had very little defensive capabilities, I feel that if the part getting worn down makes a noticeable change in the defensive abilities of the part that it would be Illegal for tournament play.

I too would like to see how worn Survive may have gotten, but theoretically, as long as it looks like what it should, it should not be performing that differently. Still, it could just be similar to RFs that needed to be less-than-prime to be more efficient, which is totally legal.

I would also like to see what big chunk this could be :
Zoroaste Wrote:Yeah true. That reminds me (my first survive driver has a big chunk taken out of it):
General warning to all burst bladers: When one bey gets bursted and the other keeps spinning, make sure that the one that keeps spinning doesn't hit the disk with the tip of its driver. You can take a big chunk out of the tip that way
I am at work right now. I will take a pic and upload it when I get home. It's not really that bad, but it can definitely effect performance if it happens too much
Uh, yeah, it's not extremely worn or anything. Isn't it common knowledge that parts that have different levels of natural wear have slightly different performance, and it's legal? You can't expect people to use box-fresh Beyblades all the time.
(Aug. 18, 2015  1:49 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Uh, yeah, it's not extremely worn or anything. Isn't it common knowledge that parts that have different levels of natural wear have slightly different performance, and it's legal? You can't expect people to use box-fresh Beyblades all the time.
Yes that is true and I don't expect them to, but if the tip was originally intended for stamina and it didn't have defensive properties and now it is acting better than the defense tip it self something is wrong.
It doesn't really have defensive properties as much as it is just good on a defense combo. It just gives more when hit since the surface area with the stadium is smaller than defense, making it harder to burst. When it wears a little it gives it better balance, but probably worse stamina. So it's not like it's drastically different and unfair or anything
Right, that's exactly what I'm saying. This has been an element of Beyblade literally forever. Like, we already went through this with the D and WD Bottoms in MFB, right? They lose Stamina but gain Defense as they flatten out.
Well on the topic of worn parts and such is there actually some standard or way to confirm a tip (or any part for the matter) is worn? I know many different regions have different standards about how worn a part is although it is slightly annoying. Like I personally think if you are saying the Survive driver is getting good for defense than it is not legal (although it would be easier to judge with pictures). This honestly should've been put in Organized Play Random thoughts now thinking about it, but we were already slightly on the topic and it is very frustrating that many judges have different standards on how worn a part is leading to frustrating situations.
I've played with the Survive tip like 100 times max. But even a small amount of play is enough to increase the defensive abilities of a sharp tip; since the sharpest point of any sharp tip will inevitably wear off, the friction will increase slightly since the surface is somewhat flatter. And as another consequence of that, its balance gets slightly better. But that increase in friction also decreases its stamina.

This is one of the most basic facts about playing Beyblade. Maybe you are just imagining a way more extreme amount of wear than I'm talking about, but the performance of every tip you ever use will change over time. Sharp tips and rubber tips are just, by their nature, the most delicate and therefore the most prone to having their performance altered.

As for what actually constitutes unusable wear, it's honestly usually pretty extreme. We're talking thousands of uses, except for the most malleable of parts. Of course, tips that get knocked on concrete and such can get wrecked instantly.

Unless, of course, this standard has changed extremely since I've left. And it seems like it has.
Considering what I had to give a positive call about at Anime North this year, I would say we have been rather lenient so far. This is the first time there is such a debate about it, so I do not know if regions developped unique judgements on tip wear over time. It really has to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
WBO Organized Play Universal Rules Release 7 - Illegal Modification Wrote:
  • The wearing down of parts in anyway that is not natural wear (that is, through regular BeyBattle practices).
  • The wearing down of parts, even through natural wear, that significantly alters the shape or performance of the part.

There is always some interpretation involved when deciding what constitutes "significantly" altering the performance of a part, but it should be clear from the two rulings above that natural wear and some difference in performance and shape are OK. Like Brad is saying, parts wear has always been, and always will be part of Beyblade; we can't always use fresh out-of-the-box Beyblades all the time, and wearing your parts to specific (but still legal) degrees is also an element of strategy when constructing your Beyblades that has always been part of the game.
Well damn, I just plugged my main BeyLogger to my phone and it transfered data from the last Montréal tournament into my account because people played with my things, giving me a few points like for strong launches that I never did. I am such a fraud hah.
LOL

When I took apart the BeyLauncher, I couldn't help but realize that hacking that shooter score is as easy as adding more black and white alternations to the spinner.
So for the past few days I haven't had much time to play and when I did play, I just played burst exclusively. Usually I play burst and mfb everyday. But after just playing burst everyday, then going back to mfb standard combos, mfb beys seem like you are launching a ton of bricks. Haha
lol i have a dual launcher now that is heavy with mfb on it
A lot of chat on the Japanese Beyblade Twitter tag about BeyLauncher durability issues. Seems they're also aware that it's the white part under the prong casing.
Nice. They are the ones that Takara will be listening to, especially if they are complaining and spreading it on social media. Hopefully their complaints will get it fixed, now they just need to complain about the Valkyrie teeth
They've also been discussing it (and they know that we know about it, too).
Nice. Social media is a great thing. I guarantee they fix it now, knowing that people will badmouth them all over it if not
Three cheers for Japan! Hip hip, YA TA!