Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Dec. 02, 2014  1:33 AM)~Pharmist~ Wrote: I hated Beywheelz and Beyraiderz, though I hate Beyraiderz more. Whilst Beyraiderz's toys weren't the worst, it was NOTHING like Beyblade and wasn't too impressive. It should have been it's own franchise. I really hated the Beyraiderz "anime" though (Not the place to talk about it but just getting it out there. It was so bad that it's my lowest rating on my Anime reviews rating system)

Lol. I noticed. Yeah, BeyRaiderz with me is hearsay type stuff. I have personal experience with BeyWheelz, and you know what? They suck. You can't battle them as advertised, the only "Tricks" you can do is jumping a god dam ramp, and you can't even race them without hitting a wall or the opponent.
(Dec. 02, 2014  1:37 AM)IncognitoCreepa Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2014  1:33 AM)~Pharmist~ Wrote: I hated Beywheelz and Beyraiderz, though I hate Beyraiderz more. Whilst Beyraiderz's toys weren't the worst, it was NOTHING like Beyblade and wasn't too impressive. It should have been it's own franchise. I really hated the Beyraiderz "anime" though (Not the place to talk about it but just getting it out there. It was so bad that it's my lowest rating on my Anime reviews rating system)

Lol. I noticed. Yeah, BeyRaiderz with me is hearsay type stuff. I have personal experience with BeyWheelz, and you know what? They suck. You can't battle them as advertised, the only "Tricks" you can do is jumping a god dam ramp, and you can't even race them without hitting a wall or the opponent.

It's pretty much flaw after flaw: Terrible Toyline, horrible concept, bad intro, bad visuals, stupid story, boring characters.
You actually can battle them, but it actually takes skill, so lots of people try it, fail, and join the bandwagon of Beywheelz haters. Also, if you go to a playground or parking lot you can do races and stunts and it's fun to just see what you can do.

Beyraiderz was disappointing though.
(Dec. 02, 2014  1:37 AM)IncognitoCreepa Wrote:

I know. The Beywheelz can destroy TV screens (demonstrated by BBG) so for people who say "4D Beyblades weren't released yet until later because pieces would fly out" are wrong. It doesn't matter if Beywheels are made of rubber, the strong amount of force it creates can be dangerous, more dangerous than 4D. Besides, Beywheelz would fly out of the ramp most of the time when battling so you can't tell who won, you might as well play with rocks.
Err, the thing is, you shouldn't have to take too long to get use to them, it should be easy to pick and play easily, especially for what it is, it's not the worst but they aren't that fun, the "fun" is short and undewhelming, plus they'd probably get damaged if I played outside, it may scratch badly or chip.
It really isn't too hard to get a hang of, and I've heard many people complain that Beyblade requires little skill (even though that's false), and beywheelz has that.

And no, they don't scratch or chip in the least. I've raced and launched mine everywhere, snow, concrete, mud, at walls, and theyre still fine.
But you just said people hated it for required skill? Anyways if you love these things, fine, but I don't and I could NEVER get into them especially because they were not released in my area until A YEAR later! By then, I was spoilt by 4D as I finally got access to them.

If they don't scratch for you then good for you, but I'm pretty sure Chima has these all beat, but it's IMO, and I guess they are better than Beywheelz ugh... But that's not saying much.
I guess we're going with the "lets get use to it" scenario. I'd like to know how you can get use to them until you can battle with them. Beywheelz is not at all easy to get use to. If you say it's easy to get use to then I dare someone to get a stapler on their eyelids because you'll get use to that too after a couple of days, right?
(Dec. 02, 2014  1:54 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: But you just said people hated it for required skill? Anyways if you love these things, fine, but I don't and I could NEVER get into them especially because they were not released in my area until A YEAR later! By then, I was spoilt by 4D as I finally got access to them.

If they don't scratch for you then good for you, but I'm pretty sure Chima has these all beat, but it's IMO, and I guess they are better than Beywheelz ugh... But that's not saying much.
You misinterpreted my post, and that's my fault. I meant to say people say beyblade requires little skill, so beywheelz offers a game that needs skill.

(Dec. 02, 2014  1:55 AM)~Pharmist~ Wrote: I guess we're going with the "lets get use to it" scenario. I'd like to know how you can get use to them until you can battle with them. Beywheelz is not at all easy to get use to. If you say it's easy to get use to then I dare someone to get a stapler on their eyelids because you'll get use to that too after a couple of days, right?
It's called practice.

I'm sorry, what? How is continuously launching a rubber wheel anywhere remotely similar to stapling ones eyelids? To use a better analogy, that isn't completely ridiculous, it's like practicing aim in archery. It's repetetive, and requires aiming.

I don't mean to come off as rude, but many people who hate beywheelz don't even own one/hardly gave them a chance.
People hate Beyraiderz also have their own tastes, and people try getting use to the new style but there are better alternatives or they do not like them, the quick and underwhelming battles would bore them to death, I'm not sure why Chima doesn't, I guess ts the customization and that games are more customizable there.
But the fact is the majority of people don't give it a chance and just see that everyone hates them and so they bandwagon. I don't care what people like or don't like, but when people baselessly insult something I feel a compulsive need to correct them.

Anyway, this is off topic I believe.
(Dec. 02, 2014  2:02 AM)Dual Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2014  1:54 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: But you just said people hated it for required skill? Anyways if you love these things, fine, but I don't and I could NEVER get into them especially because they were not released in my area until A YEAR later! By then, I was spoilt by 4D as I finally got access to them.

You misinterpreted my post, and that's my fault. I meant to say people say beyblade requires little skill, so beywheelz offers a game that needs skill.

(Dec. 02, 2014  1:55 AM)~Pharmist~ Wrote: I guess we're going with the "lets get use to it" scenario. I'd like to know how you can get use to them until you can battle with them. Beywheelz is not at all easy to get use to. If you say it's easy to get use to then I dare someone to get a stapler on their eyelids because you'll get use to that too after a couple of days, right?
It's called practice.

I'm sorry, what? How is continuously launching a rubber wheel anywhere remotely similar to stapling ones eyelids? To use a better analogy, that isn't completely ridiculous, it's like practicing aim in archery. It's repetetive, and requires aiming.

I don't mean to come off as rude, but many people who hate beywheelz don't even own one/hardly gave them a chance.

The staple eyelid thing was me saying "Getting use to Beywheelz is like getting use to a staple in your eyelids". And it is hard tk get use to because of your ACCURACY (what else could be it, pullung a ripcord? I'm not that rediculous).

Also, practicing only works if the thing you are practicing is functional. Here is an example of something that you can still fail at, even at practice. A bad game called Dark Castle (Genesis/Mega Drive or CD-i) has horribly programmed comtrols and even with practice, you can and will always lose control. I knkw I'm changing topics here which will confuse you but I just wanted to say practice is not always going to help.
Beywheelz is clunky for me and I do try my best to use them.
Getting used to beyblades neither is extremely painful nor impairs your vision, so that makes no sense. Beywheelz are very functional, in fact my four year old cousin can use them just fine, along with my friends, so I don't know what to tell you.

I don't understand what you were saying about my ACCURACY, but there is accuracy involved.
Wheelz definitely take practice. They're definitely frustrating when not having enough experience/practice. That being said, they're not super complicated to use once you get the hang of it, certainly not comparable to having "staples in one's eyelids".

Wheelz and Raiderz aren't horrible toys themselves, just seem worse when compared to actual Beyblades.
(Dec. 02, 2014  2:12 AM)Dual Wrote: Getting used to beyblades neither is extremely painful nor impairs your vision, so that makes no sense. Beywheelz are very functional, in fact my four year old cousin can use them just fine, along with my friends, so I don't know what to tell you.

I don't understand what you were saying about my ACCURACY, but there is accuracy involved.

When I say "your accuracy", I am not nessecarily talking about your accuracy. But the accuracy of launching it is tedious, it goes everywhere. Your four year old cousin can use them well, so what? What does that matter?
The accuracy is just fine, if you practice.

The cousin thing was in response to you saying it was clunky and you had trouble using it.
(Dec. 02, 2014  2:18 AM)Dual Wrote: The accuracy is just fine, if you practice.

The cousin thing was in response to you saying it was clunky and you had trouble using it.

I know but why in the hell did you have to point out your FOUR year old cousin can use them well as if age matters? If it is there just to make me look rediculous then good for you.
I guess people like Beyblades as their battles are generally longer, and the practice is a better payoff, plus I heard SOME Beyraiderz have shaky moulds so it's "clunky" I suppose?
(Dec. 02, 2014  2:21 AM)~Pharmist~ Wrote:

I know but why in the hell did you have to point out your FOUR year old cousin can use them well as if age matters? If it is there just to make me look rediculous then good for you.
I was stating that to say that everyone I know, including toddlers can use them, so I don't see where your claims that they are hard to use are coming from. It was in no way intended to be a personal attack.

(Dec. 02, 2014  2:22 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: I guess people like Beyblades as their battles are generally longer, and the practice is a better payoff, plus I heard SOME Beyraiderz have shaky moulds so it's "clunky" I suppose?

Of course, I like beyblade way more, but for what it's worth, a spin off that served as Hasbro's first beyblade venture without leaning on TT, it wasn't bad. Compared to beyblade though, yes, beywheelz is way worse.

Beyraiderz are a different story. I tried to like them, I really did, but I just couldn't.
(Dec. 02, 2014  2:24 AM)Dual Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2014  2:21 AM)~Pharmist~ Wrote:

I was stating that to say that everyone I know, including toddlers can use them, so I don't see where your claims that they are hard to use are coming from. It was in no way intended to be a personal attack.

From my experience ONLY, when launching a Beywheelz (no, I'm not calling them 'beys' as they aren't), they spin on the launcher for a couple of seconds and release somewhere else.

As for Beyraiderz, I will agree they were not great. They were slow, boring and nothing related to Beyblade. Even Beywheelz was more like Beyblades.
Perhaps it's a faulty mould or a stronger launch is required, but I've never had that happen.
(Dec. 02, 2014  2:29 AM)Dual Wrote: Perhaps it's a faulty mould or a stronger launch is required, but I've never had that happen.

Perhaps...I'll have to get another one to see.
It's random, and not everyone will have a quality Beyraiderz, which may lead them to think they all are faulty, and they fall into that hate pile, and those who do get a good one, a few will dislike the toy in general, so that's more people hating it, I think Beyblades are just different from that, I'm not sure.
We're talking about beywheelz. I'm sure faulty moulds are rare. I have many beywheelz and no faulty launchers or anything.
Actually, I've buyed a double pack of theses BeyWheelz, and both launchers broke, and I don't often break things. Also, the rubber of the "wheel" worn down really fast, quite surprising.