Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 17, 2014  3:42 AM)DRANZER KING Wrote: In this thread? Yes, a couple others, but you were the only to reply to my post, so I replied to yours.

It's because you replied to my other topic so I figured I would bring this one up whilst that.

Anyways last question, does it require an account to use a gift card? Now that's the tricky part.

EDIT: Nvm I do, damn! To heck with this, I can't sign up right now...
(Aug. 17, 2014  2:42 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  12:49 AM)Dual Wrote: I'm 16, and I never even knew about beyblades till I was 12, and that was MFB. I just made a beeline to the Bionicles every time I went to Toys R Us. I definitely wish I could have gotten interested in them back when plastics were still around. Funny thing is, though, I still feel nostalgic about plastics, even though I got my first one at 13.
SOML right here, except I got my first Plastic when I was 14/15.

The way I see it, Beyblade fans are Beyblade fans, regardless of which generation they like. Even the "Genwünners" that only like Plastics, or the seven year old kids who have only ever known MFB. I never actually knew Plastics existed until after I joined the WBO and heard about them in tournaments.

"What are you talking about? You can't put Gargoyle on Death, one's a Chrome Wheel and the other's a Fusion Wheel." -An actual quote by me in 2012.

Also,the Unicorno Recolor kinda looks like Cyber Pegasus' color scheme.

I guess you could say I'm a "genwunner" but I think there has to be some level of appreciation to the source material.
I don't HATE MFB per say; I just think that Limiting all customization back to Hybrid Wheel is a better choice. I actually kinda like Chrome Wheel's artistic design.
And OMG that quote.
Wondrous..
(Aug. 17, 2014  4:01 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  2:42 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  12:49 AM)Dual Wrote: I'm 16, and I never even knew about beyblades till I was 12, and that was MFB. I just made a beeline to the Bionicles every time I went to Toys R Us. I definitely wish I could have gotten interested in them back when plastics were still around. Funny thing is, though, I still feel nostalgic about plastics, even though I got my first one at 13.
SOML right here, except I got my first Plastic when I was 14/15.

The way I see it, Beyblade fans are Beyblade fans, regardless of which generation they like. Even the "Genwünners" that only like Plastics, or the seven year old kids who have only ever known MFB. I never actually knew Plastics existed until after I joined the WBO and heard about them in tournaments.

"What are you talking about? You can't put Gargoyle on Death, one's a Chrome Wheel and the other's a Fusion Wheel." -An actual quote by me in 2012.

I guess you could say I'm a "genwunner" but I think there has to be some level of appreciation to the source material.
I don't HATE MFB per say; I just think that Limiting all customization back to Hybrid Wheel is a better choice. I actually kinda like Chrome Wheel's artistic design.
And OMG that quote.
Wondrous..

I wonder what a MFB lover would be called?

Same with those who love both, which is me.
(Aug. 17, 2014  4:13 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  4:01 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  2:42 AM)Wombat Wrote: SOML right here, except I got my first Plastic when I was 14/15.

And OMG that quote.
Wondrous..

There's the "genwunners" who only really enjoy Plastics and HMS;
The MFB enjoyers that hate old things I'll dub "unwilling ones";
The Gals that only like HMS and MFB, I'll call em "metal heads".
Good enough?
(Aug. 17, 2014  4:53 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  4:13 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  4:01 AM)Neo Wrote: I guess you could say I'm a "genwunner" but I think there has to be some level of appreciation to the source material.
And OMG that quote.
Wondrous..

Good enough?
Asides that Gals part since I'm a dewd I'm fine with it, I'm a metal head, guess that means I have a "strong" mind mwahaha.
(Aug. 17, 2014  4:57 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  4:53 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  4:13 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: I wonder what a MFB lover would be called?

Good enough?
Asides that Gals part since I'm a dewd I'm fine with it, I'm a metal head, guess that means I have a "strong" mind mwahaha.
Personally I could care less about spin velocity In a beyblade.
Even Endurance Zombie Defense combos are interesting in Plastic Gen. How many times have I seen MSF-H Synchrome OverratedTrackOveratedTip? A billion. They're void of originality.
Eh, just my rant of 2¢.
(Aug. 17, 2014  5:08 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  4:57 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  4:53 AM)Neo Wrote: There's the "genwunners" who only really enjoy Plastics and HMS;
Good enough?
Personally I could care less about spin velocity In a beyblade.
Even Endurance Zombie Defense combos are interesting in Plastic Gen. How many times have I seen MSF-H Synchrome OverratedTrackOveratedTip? A billion. They're void of originality.
Eh, just my rant of 2¢.

Thank you...thank you!

I agree, synchromes are pretty overrated and the combos just become stock, I personally love the HWS system, but even then there are certain wheels that destroy you, that's why I love plastic gen, it's way more unpredictable and before joining the WBO I was allowed to experiment with anything I liked and I still could now. But it's now usually Oooh Dragoon Genbull blah blah blah, and having little creativity or lacking variety is not fun...

Oh and people seem to love Bearing Drive and Orion, I don't mind that but people outside of WBO keep going on how BGrin is the best because it spins 7 mins though phantom helps it and not all does spin that long.
Just the fact that I don't know all that much about plastics makes it more interesting to me. I have MFB all figured out, have all the best parts, know the best combos, etc. But plastics? Not a chance (yet).
That's the whole reason I'm getting into plastics, to get myself actually excited with beyblade again.
(Aug. 17, 2014  5:18 AM)Zancrow Wrote: Just the fact that I don't know all that much about plastics makes it more interesting to me. I have MFB all figured out, have all the best parts, know the best combos, etc. But plastics? Not a chance (yet).
That's the whole reason I'm getting into plastics, to get myself actually excited with beyblade again.

Oh I remember when I didn't know much about them even as a kid and I loved the adventure of intense battles and customizing, and this was the time I got MFB all figured out.
(Aug. 17, 2014  5:18 AM)Zancrow Wrote: Just the fact that I don't know all that much about plastics makes it more interesting to me. I have MFB all figured out, have all the best parts, know the best combos, etc. But plastics? Not a chance (yet).

That's the exact same thing for me haha

I know an OK amount of things for HMS however when it comes to Plastics, I have no idea what I'm doing.
(Aug. 17, 2014  5:39 AM)LMAO Wrote:

That's the exact same thing for me haha

I know an OK amount of things for HMS however when it comes to Plastics, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Seriously, I'll text all of you guys and give you Bakuten Shoot Tutoring 0.0 I learned a ton of names for parts in 1 month...hah.
(Aug. 17, 2014  5:44 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  5:39 AM)LMAO Wrote: That's the exact same thing for me haha

Seriously, I'll text all of you guys and give you Bakuten Shoot Tutoring 0.0 I learned a ton of names for parts in 1 month...hah.

I've just been trying to learn as much as I can from the Wiki lol. Honestly, I should probably start check some of the drafts for more information too.
(Aug. 17, 2014  5:56 AM)Zancrow Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  5:44 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  5:39 AM)LMAO Wrote: That's the exact same thing for me haha

I've just been trying to learn as much as I can from the Wiki lol. Honestly, I should probably start check some of the drafts for more information too.
It's all memorization. Plus OWNING IT helps too >.>
Who needs space for school terms? Just memorize parts.
haha^^

Anyways, I've played with my HMS a long time, and it always annoys me how weak the launch feels, the no vibration or feeling of any grip in the launch. I have grips and everything haha.
(Aug. 17, 2014  11:15 AM)Poseidon Wrote: haha^^

Anyways, I've played with my HMS a long time, and it always annoys me how weak the launch feels, the no vibration or feeling of any grip in the launch. I have grips and everything haha.

My Strata Dragoon MS was shaky and loose and was incredibly hard to launch as it would just slip off, I guess it's the weight and the prongs on mine only though, MFB launchers had a certain degree of satisfaction and the string launchers were my favourite to use but they fall apart over time, plastics was so satisfying, watching a hefty chunk of plastic smash into anything is cool, asides a brick wall...
1. Remember how I said my Red F230 always got loose after battles? Welp, It popped in half today. I'm actually glad, I got to see the inside of an F230 for myself and I put it back together easy.

2. I love how How W2D looks like it doesnt loose spin until the last couple of seconds before it stops. I wonder why it does that lol.

3. I got bored, so I put yellow tape on the handle of the string of one of my beylauncher L's. Grip rubber? Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
(Aug. 17, 2014  2:57 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:

My Strata Dragoon MS was shaky and loose and was incredibly hard to launch as it would just slip off, I guess it's the weight and the prongs on mine only though, MFB launchers had a certain degree of satisfaction and the string launchers were my favourite to use but they fall apart over time, plastics was so satisfying, watching a hefty chunk of plastic smash into anything is cool, asides a brick wall...

Something most of you don't own, a mold 2 or 3 bit. Connection is WAY better.
(Aug. 17, 2014  8:39 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  2:57 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:

It's probably easier if I had those bit chips, but is Strata Dragoons frame still shaky? I heard it was looser than Advance averazer.
(Aug. 17, 2014  8:51 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  8:39 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  2:57 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: My Strata Dragoon MS was shaky and loose and was incredibly hard to launch as it would just slip off, I guess it's the weight and the prongs on mine only though, MFB launchers had a certain degree of satisfaction and the string launchers were my favourite to use but they fall apart over time, plastics was so satisfying, watching a hefty chunk of plastic smash into anything is cool, asides a brick wall...

It's probably easier if I had those bit chips, but is Strata Dragoons frame still shaky? I heard it was looser than Advance averazer.
There are beys that feel better than other, and I own quite a lot of hms. I'm still gonna definitely say hms is the weakest launch
(Aug. 17, 2014  8:55 PM)Poseidon Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  8:51 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2014  8:39 PM)Neo Wrote: Something most of you don't own, a mold 2 or 3 bit. Connection is WAY better.
There are beys that feel better than other, and I own quite a lot of hms. I'm still gonna definitely say hms is the weakest launch
To me, plastic launchers and MFB string launchers are on par of satisfaction, but both require replacing(Unless your super careful or it just doesn't break) after a while, and before someone says "Every launcher will need replacement", the plastic launcher and string launcher breaks a little easier, the plastic beyblade launcher prongs are the most breakable and the string launcher string will wear after extensive use, regular MFB launchers and HMS launchers don't break so easily, unless it happens to be it's inside functions.

Though these are just my experiences.
The ripcord pull is satisfying.
Gaia is loose; but it's the Bit. Mold 1 is awful after wearing down.
(Aug. 17, 2014  9:36 PM)Neo Wrote: The ripcord pull is satisfying.
Gaia is loose; but it's the Bit. Mold 1 is awful after wearing down.

Oh yeah I forgot, anything with nice hefty Ripcords like HMS launchers or the Light launcher 2 I think are satisfying as heck to pull, even the Beywheelz ripcord gives a good launch, because the ripcord was hefty, but god I can't talk about that series.
To me, LL2 have a great launch when it's new and you don't rip too hard. They wear/break so easy though...
(Aug. 17, 2014  11:43 PM)DRANZER KING Wrote: To me, LL2 have a great launch when it's new and you don't rip too hard. They wear/break so easy though...

I like to launch it slower and sturdy instead of fast and instant as I usually get a efficient launch.
Yeah, same for me.