Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Apr. 13, 2013  12:15 AM)Real Madrid Wrote:
(Apr. 12, 2013  4:22 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Store employees mark what's inside with a pen? Wow, those store employees would either be fired if their employers are made aware of this. But well, such store employees are every Beyblade enthusiast's dream... Joyful_2

Usually at Toys City, we can ask the employees to open some random boosters & peek into the sticker sheet without opening the plastics until we find what we're looking for. We can do the same at a few Kidz Station. But not at Toys Kingdom, or department stores.

Whoa, if they could do that everywhere, Bladers would be going crazy. You are so lucky, you can just ask and they'll just peek in and show you.
(Apr. 05, 2013  3:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Cool, an official Metal Fight Beyblade tournament will apparently happen at this sort of TAKARA-TOMY convention at the beginning of May :
http://www.daiomochahaku.jp/index.html

And here is finally the page about it on the official Metal Fight Beyblade website from TAKARA-TOMY :
http://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/shop/grade2.html

(The page is called "grade2.html", but it is actually Grade 3 apparently.)

The tournament is Zero-G of course.
(Apr. 13, 2013  4:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote: And here is finally the page about it on the official Metal Fight Beyblade website from TAKARA-TOMY :
http://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/shop/grade2.html

(The page is called "grade2.html", but it is actually Grade 3 apparently.)

The tournament is Zero-G of course.

Does that red text say that Blader Ken will be attending? It's definitely legit if that's the case haha.
(Apr. 13, 2013  4:26 PM)Kei Wrote: Does that red text say that Blader Ken will be attending? It's definitely legit if that's the case haha.

Yes it does, but he has been attending most of the last few official tournaments to have happened.

I really wonder what happened to that new Blader DJ for Zero-G ... His contract must have been ceased almost immediately, whereas it seems that Blader Ken's is much longer than even Blader DJ's.
(Apr. 13, 2013  4:29 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2013  4:26 PM)Kei Wrote: Does that red text say that Blader Ken will be attending? It's definitely legit if that's the case haha.

Yes it does, but he has been attending most of the last few official tournaments to have happened.

I really wonder what happened to that new Blader DJ for Zero-G ... His contract must have been ceased almost immediately, whereas it seems that Blader Ken's is much longer than even Blader DJ's.

Yeah, I just meant that it was good that he would be there even though it will have been a few months since the last event by the time this happens.

When was the last time he was seen?
Blader Ken ? I am quite sure he was at some of the March official events.

As for Blader GAI, whose name I just remembered, I think it was at that secretive Beyblade booth at the World Hobby Fair or some other toy convention in Japan. That was even before 2013 I think.
i've kept my gold version dark knight dragooon NIB for about 2 weeks now but i'm getting these temptations to open it up and put on the stickers.. ahhhh
(Apr. 18, 2013  9:07 PM)alucardZ Wrote: i've kept my gold version dark knight dragooon NIB for about 2 weeks now but i'm getting these temptations to open it up and put on the stickers.. ahhhh

be strong my friend! DKD Gold Ver. is seductive and shiny! you must resist its call! if you not you will suffer! you will suffer when you play with it! you will suffer when you think you will have to buy another one! how I know this? because I was like you! and I was too weak! I was caught on a vice, a vice that will change you the same way has it done to me! toughen up boy! you still can be saved of the Opening Curse!

(Note: I don't know if this has the same effect has I thought it in Spanish, so, if this sound awkward maybe its my translation of my thoughts)
LOL I'm not sure if it will have any value in 3-4 years time though...
Mine has way too many battlescars LOL I'm thinking of buying another just it case this one brokes for some reason, also for stylish I'm using the gold LW160 for MF L-Drago Destroy LW160CF Gold Armoured Version, I only need a Red CF and it will be amazing to see! (I have another L-Drago Destroy NIP to take a picture if I finish it someday)
Hmm darn, when I think of it I'm too lazy to get up and actually get Zero-G stuff. I'd LOVE to get everything and test since the new possibilities are really interesting, but I keep forgetting about it. Tired
(Apr. 18, 2013  10:49 PM)Mr. N Wrote: Hmm darn, when I think of it I'm too lazy to get up and actually get Zero-G stuff. I'd LOVE to get everything and test since the new possibilities are really interesting, but I keep forgetting about it. Tired

Yo, just do a huge order with dimsum2u, you will save time and money hah.
Wait, he has everything up to Gladiator Bahamdia now? Sweet, I can just grab like everything! Only problem is the Random Booster things though. Hurry up, SonoKong!
(Apr. 08, 2013  6:21 AM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2013  4:14 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I was thinking the same thing the other day. In eight years, if that happens, I will sell Bahamdia for $150. Lol.

Not happening unless Hasbro suddenly doesn't release Shogun Steel or something. A TT would probably hold value just because it won't be painted neon tye-dye, but it won't raise that high if a functional equivalent is released in one of the largest markets in the world ('Merrica).

I'd look at rare recolors like the painted Synchroms if you want something that might go up a lot.

I don't know if you noticed but there doesn't seem to be any good really reason why Dragoon and Dranzer GT are so high since they were both released by Hasbro too. I'd wager that it's likely Bahamdia and Samurai Pegasis will go up a lot since they're the last two releases like Dragoon and Dranzer GT and I heard that not many japanese shops bothered to buy them making them rarer.

On the painted synchroms note I hope hasbro releases more, since technically takara only released the gold one since the other two were limited to a thousand pieces but like with the silver Mercury Anubis others were produced without permission and sold to sellers. We only have the two others most likely due to greedy people not obeying the rules.
Another great news : TAKARA-TOMY is completely aware that their big toylines like Transformers and Beyblade usually have a three-year cycle; the best part of this is that their graphic for this shows a continuous sinuous line, not one with interruptions where they would try something else. It is also part of their plan to make several successful toylines with shorter cycles while Beyblade and Transformers evolve, have their downtimes and climaxes throughout the decades. This is why we have been seeing "Yabababike", "Cross Fight B-Daman", "Battorog", etc. recently by TAKARA-TOMY where they really try to make those successful, but the lines come out of nowhere, really, and there will just be several short climaxes over the years.
(Apr. 18, 2013  9:40 PM)alucardZ Wrote: LOL I'm not sure if it will have any value in 3-4 years time though...

It probably won't. I mean, it will definitely be worth something, but the prices won't be astronomical. Even the Gold L Drago 105F from WHF 2009 four years ago isn't worth that much currently.
That WHF 2009 Gold LDrago is actually still in stock in retail shops here, and is priced at $9-$10.
(Apr. 20, 2013  4:13 AM)Uwik Wrote: That WHF 2009 Gold LDrago is actually still in stock in retail shops here, and is priced at $9-$10.

Now that's weird.

Does "Event Special" mean nothing anymore? haha
Yeah, it seems like Japan's WBBA overstock is being sold to other regions. We have loads of that Gold LDrago, Black Rock Aries, Uranus Green Launchers, and some Prize Metal Wheels (Green Ray, Red Thermal) are also being given out as purchase bonuses.
I'm surprised that they were actually overstocked on something like the Gold L Drago 105F.
Lol... no kidding. I was annoyed myself. I bought mine in 2010 I think... for more than twice the price now. In a related news, all of the MFB beys' prices have generally gone down in retail shops since 2 months ago.
What do you guys think will be a bey that would be worth alot in some time from now? Uncertain or will MFB never be as valuable as HMS and plastics haha
(Apr. 20, 2013  5:13 AM)alucardZ Wrote: What do you guys think will be a bey that would be worth alot in some time from now? Uncertain or will MFB never be as valuable as HMS and plastics haha
Probably not as valuable as HMS and Plastics. MFB series has too many same parts reproduced for several different beys. Perhaps 4D and Zero-G may worth more, since they had some functional gimmicks that were unique to one bey.

But for Metal Masters, Metal Fusion and Pre-HWS not only had a lot of reused parts for different beys, but generally most are no longer competitive anyway.
(Apr. 20, 2013  5:13 AM)alucardZ Wrote: What do you guys think will be a bey that would be worth alot in some time from now? Uncertain or will MFB never be as valuable as HMS and plastics haha

Recolours that were limited and never sold publicly (outside of being resold online), particularly the older ones, like the Yellow Mold 1 Aries. And anything that wasn't produced in large quantities, like RBV1 and RBV2.
What were the prize beys for those RB 1&2 anyway?