Beyblade Metal Fusion Uncut DVDs Petition

Alex from Corus (the girl who made the Beyblade Metal Fusion facebook) will forward this to Nelvana so they can see it. It'll be good to start this petition now, so when DVD release time comes around, they'll release Uncut instead of Edited.

http://www.petitiononline.com/bmfuncut/petition.html

They'll probably release the DVDs as early as November of this year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Nelvana/Corus Entertainment

Beyblade: Metal Fusion Uncut DVD Petition

Nelvana has made an awesome Beyblade: Metal Fusion dub in english. They've kept all the original character names, (with some minor changes to a few names) the original background music, and their script is great for the most part. It wouldn't take a lot of effort on their part to make an uncut version. Nelvana would only have to dub the Prologue Intros, (before the opening theme) re-dub the next episode previews, and re-dub certain lines here and there.

With this in mind, please consider making Beyblade: Metal Fusion Dual Audio English/Japanese DVDs.
Great idea! I tried asking them if they would produce uncut DVDs on Facebook but got no reply. Maybe this will prompt them to respond! I am definitely signing the petition. If they do do this, I am hoping this means uncut and dual audio DVDs will be released in other countries too not just in the USA and Canada.
I can't really see the appeal of this? By your own admission, the dub is already great ...
Well, with the older series Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, they would've had to redub the whole thing over. There was many cuts and changes to the point, where it would've cost them more time and money to make an english uncut dub of Bakuten Shoot. Well, luckily for their Beyblade Metal Fusion dub, they wouldn't have to do much to make an uncut release.
I don't think you answered my question properly. It might be cheaper to release an uncut version from something with not many cuts in the first place, but this is not really a suitable reason, nor is it good logic.

As I said, what is the appeal for this? Since you've opened with the line, "Nelvana has made an awesome Beyblade: Metal Fusion dub in english [...]", what is the point, other than "it makes financial sense"? Would it not be even cheaper to produce, you know, the dub versions on DVD?
The appeal to this is that this show is more for tweens to young adults. It would be best to release just an uncut version.
It would honestly depend on who they get to release the show on DVD. If they get a general distributor (like say, Vivendi) there's little to no chance of getting an uncut, bi-lingual release, if they were to get a more niche distributor (like say an anime distributor) than the chances would be greater.
I'm want the uncut version! I'm with you all the way!
I made another poorly edited video for the cause, lol.
I will sign this when I have time to see if nelvana really care about the fans.
lol signed! i want them to put back the cursing done by ryuuga and some of the blows benkei had in a specific area...
Tell Alex that it would be a good idea for whoever distributes the show on DVD to have pack ins/mail aways. Since the interest in actually paying for the anime seems incredibly low (I wonder why).
I signed Wink
Count me in...i am signing!
(Jun. 30, 2010  10:08 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: The appeal to this is that this show is more for tweens to young adults. It would be best to release just an uncut version.

ummm, i'm ten, and i watch the uncut episodes on youtube all the time!!
and i'll probably use 7 out of the 10 swears i know on this board!!!
if you wNT TO SEE BEBLADE EXPLOSION EPISODES 3 TO 70

ENTER AT anime44.com

(the name is metal fusion beyblade no the beyblade)
Good thinking !!! I 100% your idea !!!!!XD
I sure hope Nelvana eventually makes an uncut version.
(Sep. 14, 2010  1:38 AM)DranzerX13 Wrote: I sure hope Nelvana eventually makes an uncut version.

Given that you're sharing everything they've made for free, as well as any incentive to buy the uncut DVDs, I'm thinking that'll be a "No".