Beyblade Metal Fusion Storm Pegasis Keychain Beyblade Review

As I was passing through the Beyblade section of TRU today, I spotted one of these little oddities for about 5 dollars. I was curious and had money to spare,so I bought one for fun.

And I found myself very amused by this little thing's power.

This is not a normal size Beyblade mind you, this is a..."baby" Blade.

The keychain is on the launcher itself, with the ripcord going through the curve at the front. The launcher also features 2 "arms" to hold your baby Beyblade in place.

You launch it,of course by pulling out the cord. The cord is much more fragile than traditional winders,so caution is necessary.

But the real impressive part,comes from the "baby's" performance in Beybattle.

I managed to knock out the full size Storm Pegasis 1/3 times with it,using a full power launch.

From what I can tell,the tip isn't rubber,but painted. It simulates the action of RF well enough though.

And this little guy is DENSE. Comparison wise, it's about .75x as heavy as its big counterpart, and it's 1 inch in diameter.

I like what Basic Fun and Hasbro have created with this product.Although the lack of customization is a shame, the idea of small MFB opens up some new ruleset ideas (at least in my mind).

Overall, for fans of MFB, and for people who just want to take a piece of Bey with them where they can't normally, and even for serious competitors to some extent, this is a great thing to get.
an interesting item...i remember the old series had something almost dentical to this...i definatly must consider this
you can customize them too. ive done it with the rock leone and flame saggitario i bought from TRU. all you have to do is take the "face bolt" sticker off and unscrew and put them together whichever way you want them to be.
I actually did a pretty sarcastic review of this item in particular on my Youtube channel a few weeks back. It's ok, but not for the price it's up here (like $7 or something, that's the same price as an actual Beyblade at Wal-Mart), just this past weekend, I actually posted a video of it beating full sized Storm Capricorn in a battle.

(Nov. 25, 2010  7:09 AM)teku66 Wrote: you can customize them too. ive done it with the rock leone and flame saggitario i bought from TRU. all you have to do is take the "face bolt" sticker off and unscrew and put them together whichever way you want them to be.

That's not really customization, as it is disassembling the product.
If they are expecting these things to battle, why not go the whole nine yards and make them customizable (with other Keychain tops)?
we have that too but they were sold separately and dispensed as capsule toys.
(Nov. 26, 2010  2:08 AM)boyet Wrote: we have that too but they were sold separately and dispensed as capsule toys.

I'm surprised you guys don't have both.

Doesn't the Philippines have Hasbro AND Takara Tomy products?
(Nov. 26, 2010  2:12 AM)Blaze Wheeler Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2010  2:08 AM)boyet Wrote: we have that too but they were sold separately and dispensed as capsule toys.

yes we have but these were sold in the aftermarket or the imported (black) markets. they are more expensive than regular beyblades.
(Nov. 26, 2010  2:17 AM)boyet Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2010  2:12 AM)Blaze Wheeler Wrote:

yes we have but these were sold in the aftermarket or the imported (black) markets. they are more expensive than regular beyblades.

That's pretty funny, and only has a few uses, and will come in handy when Hasbro releases the new Pre-HWS HWS Remakes.

Yeah... We got a bit off topic.

If you have anything to say offtopic, feel free to PM me.

So... How bout' dem' Keychain Beys?
I think i'd buy one to see if it impressed me, if it does then i will buy more
(Nov. 26, 2010  12:33 AM)To Wrote: I actually did a pretty sarcastic review of this item in particular on my Youtube channel a few weeks back. It's ok, but not for the price it's up here (like $7 or something, that's the same price as an actual Beyblade at Wal-Mart), just this past weekend, I actually posted a video of it beating full sized Storm Capricorn in a battle.

(Nov. 25, 2010  7:09 AM)teku66 Wrote: you can customize them too. ive done it with the rock leone and flame saggitario i bought from TRU. all you have to do is take the "face bolt" sticker off and unscrew and put them together whichever way you want them to be.

That's not really customization, as it is disassembling the product.
well its pretty much the same thing