Beyblade Live Action Movie

(May. 28, 2015  8:52 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(May. 28, 2015  8:47 PM)♥FussyPharmist♥ Wrote:
(May. 28, 2015  8:28 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Really, haha?

Any attention is good attention. I mean, look at Transformers, the movies are mixed with fans and hated by critics (though aside from ROTF, I enjoy them myself) but they pretty much made the brand a "household" name after it began to fall, a bit.

That's only if it is entertaining enough to gain a cult-following. If there are die-hard Beyblade fans that like anything that revolves around Beyblade no matter what then it may gain a cult-following although a lot of anime fans hate every Beyblade series so I don't know about a cult-following. However, if the movie is endlessly flawed much like The Last Airbender then a lot of people (even fans of Beyblade) may hate the movie as well and turn their backs on the franchise.

I doubt if the movie is bad, Beyblade fans would suddenly hate Beyblade. They may dislike the film, but the past series and cartoons don't just poof into thin air; a film would just be another way to attract other fans as well as older ones, much like Transformers.

Also, I really hope people don't expect a movie about kids spinning magical tops to be Oscar-worthy, haha. I'd hope I'd be entertaining and fun, but I doubt it'd be anything that's going to be great with critics, haha.

Also also, on a side note, if Michael Bay did this it'd be BayBlades. Carry on.

I agree. I can see critics going "How the directors and producers think that ridiculous spinning tops can make it into the big screen is beyond our knowledge" and I can definitely see this movie ranging from 0-10% on Rotten Tomatoes... unless critics somehow find this movie "so bad it's good" much like The Room and Plan 9.
I'm not convinced this will get made. Hollywood studios snatch up the rights to 500 different things and only 50 of those ever hit the screen.

If it somehow does get made it's either going to be a glorious disaster or just a disaster. There's next to no way a live action Beyblade movie comes out good. Existing Beyblade media is borderline unfilmable in a live action setting; it's simply too ridiculous. The producers could make a grounded film that effectively acts as a sports movie with Beyblade subbed in (lol), but that's not true to the property nor is that something I can see people wanting to watch. It'd be like that Jem movie. The Beyblade anime is as crazy as it is because that's the easiest way to make a spinning top show interesting to watch.

In short:
[Image: nM1szNW.gif]

Unless Phil Lord and Chris Miller are involved. Then I'm there day 1.

(May. 28, 2015  1:17 PM)♥FussyPharmist♥ Wrote: I just pray that they don't advertise products too much like The Wizard (although I did enjoy that movie)and hopefully no product placements like Mac and Me.

The entire movie would be a gigantic ad.
@[Kai-V] I don't want to get my hopes up as well. Bakugan was also supposed to have s movie so I had no idea if this will be legit or not.
honestly, i should be in this movie. i think i've earned it. can we start a petition or something?
(May. 28, 2015  10:30 PM)To Wrote: I'm not convinced this will get made. Hollywood studios snatch up the rights to 500 different things and only 50 of those ever hit the screen.

If it somehow does get made it's either going to be a glorious disaster or just a disaster. There's next to no way a live action Beyblade movie comes out good. Existing Beyblade media is borderline unfilmable in a live action setting; it's simply too ridiculous. The producers could make a grounded film that effectively acts as a sports movie with Beyblade subbed in (lol), but that's not true to the property nor is that something I can see people wanting to watch. It'd be like that Jem movie. The Beyblade anime is as crazy as it is because that's the easiest way to make a spinning top show interesting to watch.

In short:
[Image: nM1szNW.gif]

Unless Phil Lord and Chris Miller are involved. Then I'm there day 1.

(May. 28, 2015  1:17 PM)♥FussyPharmist♥ Wrote: I just pray that they don't advertise products too much like The Wizard (although I did enjoy that movie)and hopefully no product placements like Mac and Me.

The entire movie would be a gigantic ad.

Yay... another Mac and Me, just what we all wanted (sarcasm test done). I can also predict that this movie will be another The Last Airbender movie (maybe even worse than The Last Airbender considering it's Beyblade). Look at a highly praised anime series like the Dragonball series, they had a live-action adaption and it sucked. Now imagine an anime series a lot of anime fans or anyone in general hated like Beyblade get a live-action adaption... it's going to be one of the biggest bombs of all time.

Also I have stupid question but did Blader DJ actually say Beyblade was trash on your gif?
(May. 28, 2015  10:58 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: honestly, i should be in this movie. i think i've earned it. can we start a petition or something?

Absolutely! I have the perfect role for you, the Master Roshi wannabe character, so much self slapstick with a beyblade hehe. JK, or maybe not...
What. This is a thing now? Wow. Grin
(May. 28, 2015  10:51 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: @[Kai-V] I don't want to get my hopes up as well. Bakugan was also supposed to have s movie so I had no idea if this will be legit or not.

Was about to bring that up, too. That was confirmed by Spin Master to be happening in Winter 2010, yet 5 1/2 years later, not a single thing has been announced aside from the studio to get the rights, which was back in 2010.

If this does happen, I really wonder what it'll be of. I mean, no offense to anyone, but the manga and cartoon are pretty rediculous (for a live action film). I'm sure people thought the same of things like Transformers and things at one point, too, but I feel like if the source material (of whatever series) is followed, it probably wouldn't work too well. My main guess is if that's when Burst will be making its way to the U.S., it could have to do with that.
A live action Beyblade movie? I have no words to describe how I feel so I have a video to sum up my reaction.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N9KGfgg-d8s
(May. 28, 2015  4:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote: My brother told me not to get my hopes up though, because apparently Paramount announced a Bleach movie eight years ago and clearly it never happened ...

This is wrong. Warner Bros. is working on the BLEACH movie, and for all we know, it is still kind of sort of happening. No updates since 2012, though.
Like others have said, I'll be very surprised if this actually gets made haha.

(May. 28, 2015  11:17 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Absolutely! I have the perfect role for you, the Master Roshi wannabe character, so much self slapstick with a beyblade hehe. JK, or maybe not...

no way. don't make me bust out the tamer brad kai hiwatari cosplay photos
(May. 29, 2015  1:31 AM)Kei Wrote: don't make me bust out the tamer brad kai hiwatari cosplay photos

Please do c:
(May. 29, 2015  1:31 AM)Kei Wrote: Like others have said, I'll be very surprised if this actually gets made haha.

(May. 28, 2015  11:17 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Absolutely! I have the perfect role for you, the Master Roshi wannabe character, so much self slapstick with a beyblade hehe. JK, or maybe not...

no way. don't make me bust out the tamer brad kai hiwatari cosplay photos

I'm tempted to... Tongue_out_wink
Guys please, there's only one role fit for Brad: the leader of a competing line of spinning tops. Tongue_out_wink

(May. 28, 2015  11:00 PM)♥FussyPharmist♥ Wrote: Yay... another Mac and Me, just what we all wanted (sarcasm test done).

Also I have stupid question but did Blader DJ actually say Beyblade was trash on your gif?

I think you misunderstood me. All Beyblade media, be it the anime or manga, has been produced for one sole purpose: to act as an advertisement for the toys. The same mindset would apply to any films.

As for that gif, if only.
" also confirms that Hasbro will release Beyblade Burst worldwide in 2017."

So after all Zankye's source was right and was told us back in November that beyblade was resting for 3 years.
It's okay to advertise AS LONG as the movie is good or else it screams laziness.
(May. 29, 2015  2:07 AM)To Wrote: Guys please, there's only one role fit for Brad: the leader of a competing line of spinning tops. Tongue_out_wink

(May. 28, 2015  11:00 PM)♥FussyPharmist♥ Wrote: Yay... another Mac and Me, just what we all wanted (sarcasm test done).

I think you misunderstood me. All Beyblade media, be it the anime or manga, has been produced for one sole purpose: to act as an advertisement for the toys. The same mindset would apply to any films.

As for that gif, if only.

I know that has been the sole purpose of Beyblade. However, I said this movie might be the next Mac and Me because it was a MOVIE built to advertise things and it was yet criticized for doing so. I don't want this to be bad because it may lose attention to the audience and not sell the toys well and I also don't want this to be the next Mac and Me regardless of what Beyblade's sole purpose was. A lot of films that does advertise products like The Wizard and The Cat in the Hat have been criticized for doing so regardless of it being their purpose, it doesn't matter if it's their sole purpose to advertise only, they could at least put effort into story telling (ridiculous or not).
(May. 29, 2015  2:18 AM)originalzankye Wrote: " also confirms that Hasbro will release Beyblade Burst worldwide in 2017."

So after all Zankye's source was right and was told us back in November that beyblade was resting for 3 years.

That was the estimation of a lot of people, not just zankye...

Please don't less this be anything like Dragonball Z Evolution. Also, it most definitely will be surrounding the Burst line, it might make the movie more epic, haha.
(May. 29, 2015  2:33 AM)LMAO Wrote:
(May. 29, 2015  2:18 AM)originalzankye Wrote: " also confirms that Hasbro will release Beyblade Burst worldwide in 2017."

That was the estimation of a lot of people, not just zankye...

Not really "a lot of people", and most people were doubting Zankye's credibility and saying that number came out of nowhere while I was one of the only ones backing him up and saying Zankye's reputation was already built and firmly established, he could be trusted.
(May. 29, 2015  2:18 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: It's okay to advertise AS LONG as the movie is good or else it screams laziness.

Well... The anime is really just a commercial, as is any media related to the series. The fact that there is a movie at all screams advertisement. While a certain quality level would be nice, I don't think it's a hardline requirement. I mean, it's a LIVE ACTION BEYBLADE MOVIE. Exactly how well-made could it be?

Now, if the CGI in the movie supported something as absurd as the anime, then we're in business. (Which would be my immediate guess, with launchers, beyblades, and whatever is the Bit Beast placeholder this time is, being computer animated, in tandem with the live action shooting.)

But all of this assumes that Paramount does anything with the rights.
I honestly don't care how popular a live action movie would make Beyblade, I have a feeling that if they did make it, it would turn out to be something like Dragonball Evolution, or the live action Avatar The Last Airbender movie, I just know it. I have a bad feeling about it going the same direction as all the kids shows that get turned into gritty and realistic films, it would be frustrating to see it get that treatment and it would likely just be a stain on the series. Not to mention it would feel strange, I personally like where Beyblade is at, even with the new system coming out, I can't quite put my finger on it, but something feels wrong about the idea of Beyblade hitting the same sort of mainstream community that Transformers and TMNT garnered when Paramount made their adaptations of those series, it gathers in this really distasteful and unwanted kind of crowd that I honestly don't want around.
(May. 29, 2015  10:25 AM)Alta Wrote: I have a feeling that if they did make it, it would turn out to be something like Dragonball Evolution, or the live action Avatar The Last Airbender movie, I just know it.

I absolutely agree with that. If Dragonball Evolution and The Last Airbender has taught us anything, it's that even good shows can be turned into terrible live-action movies, I know I've said it before and it bares repeating, if they make a live-action adaption based on Beyblade (an anime series many anime fans hated) then it will most likely bomb considering not many people would want to see it and therefore I don't think the toys will sell well at all except for maybe die-hard Beyblade fans or just by pure luck that a comsumers wants to buy one.

I know I sound like a downer but how did anyone think that this will be a big hit. I know the Beyblade anime has always been a commercial but that doesn't mean people will SUDDENLY like it or excuse its sorry @$$. People will still hate the movie and will not be motivated in buying the toys unless you are a really die-hard Beyblade fans. Look at a movie like The Wizard, that was a commercial for NES products and that was heavily criticized for doing so.
This is great!!! I can't wait to see all the cool effects! Wait if they're making a beyblade movie, what if they make a Yu-gi-oh movie? But is that article real? How do we know it's not a fake or written by someone who's just trying to mess with our heads?
(May. 29, 2015  1:18 PM)SupremeDragon Wrote: But is that article real? How do we know it's not a fake or written by someone who's just trying to mess with our heads?

The article is one-hundred-percent real. April 1st is long gone and every media in Japan would not have shared the same news in their reputable outlets.
(May. 29, 2015  10:25 AM)Alta Wrote: I honestly don't care how popular a live action movie would make Beyblade, I have a feeling that if they did make it, it would turn out to be something like Dragonball Evolution, or the live action Avatar The Last Airbender movie, I just know it. I have a bad feeling about it going the same direction as all the kids shows that get turned into gritty and realistic films, it would be frustrating to see it get that treatment and it would likely just be a stain on the series. Not to mention it would feel strange, I personally like where Beyblade is at, even with the new system coming out, I can't quite put my finger on it, but something feels wrong about the idea of Beyblade hitting the same sort of mainstream community that Transformers and TMNT garnered when Paramount made their adaptations of those series, it gathers in this really distasteful and unwanted kind of crowd that I honestly don't want around.

I have to disagree. Yes, there is a bandwagon of hate for those film franchise, but can you really say that they were unsuccessful? The Transformers films seem to be everyone's guilty pleasure, where even the Bay-haters go to see it. This is evident by the fact that they have made billions of dollars in the box office, and even after 3 movies people still went to see Age of Extinction. And the Transformers and TMNT movies were basically commercials to sell toys as well, as is the Beyblade anime, and yet kids did watch the anime(and some adults).

As for your other statement about it being turned "gritty" and "realistic", whether or not that happens is all on the choice of the filmmakers and whether or not they have faith in the brand. Yes, they could end up being like those films, but look at The LEGO Movie. I mean, people(even die-hard fans of LEGO like me) were expecting this to be a commercial, nothing more. I mean, a MOVIE for LEGO? But it ended up being one of the best animated movies since Toy Story.

And to all those saying the premise is too ridiculous, look at Guardians of the Galaxy. People were saying it would be Marvel's first flop, and they had pretty good reason. A movie based off of a relatively unknown superhero team consisting of a racoon with guns and a walking tree didn't scream box-office hit, and yet, thanks to the quality of the film it turned out amazing. So I'm not expecting this film to win accolades, but if its faithful to the brand and a fully realized, quality film, then I think we're in for a treat.