Beyblade Burst Super Z Episode #4 (Apr 23, 2018 JPN / Oct 28, 2018 CAN)

(Apr. 24, 2018  10:45 PM)Limetka Wrote:

I doubt some of it is canon. Xhaka is nowhere to be seen and I highly doubt Rantaro or Wakiya would ever outrank him and since he's beaten and had earned more points than Joshua, I would've expected to see him here if this was meant to be a ranking.

I keep seeing this pop up of people thinking it’s the new ranking list, but all it is is talking about each character and who they are.
(Apr. 24, 2018  11:22 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:

I doubt some of it is canon. Xhaka is nowhere to be seen and I highly doubt Rantaro or Wakiya would ever outrank him and since he's beaten and had earned more points than Joshua, I would've expected to see him here if this was meant to be a ranking.

That ranking is so wrong what is Rantaro and Wakiya doing there it's impossible for them to be even 10 , going by how the anime finished it's supposed to like that #1 valt #2 Shu #3 Free #4 Lui #5 Sisco #6 Kurtz #7 Xhaka #8 Cooza #9 Boa and #10 Joshua, normally Norman would be #8 the Wakiya and Rantaro part Is absurd these guys didn't even made to the tournament at all
(Apr. 25, 2018  4:47 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2018  11:22 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I doubt some of it is canon. Xhaka is nowhere to be seen and I highly doubt Rantaro or Wakiya would ever outrank him and since he's beaten and had earned more points than Joshua, I would've expected to see him here if this was meant to be a ranking.

That ranking is so wrong what is Rantaro and Wakiya doing there it's impossible for them to be even 10 , going by how the anime finished it's supposed to like that #1 valt #2 Shu #3 Free #4 Lui #5 Sisco #6 Kurtz #7 Xhaka #8 Cooza #9 Boa and #10 Joshua, normally Norman would be #8 the Wakiya and Rantaro part Is absurd these guys didn't even made to the tournament at all

I think Boa should be above Cooza.
(Apr. 25, 2018  7:18 PM)Grey Bey Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2018  4:47 AM)God Dragruler Wrote: That ranking is so wrong what is Rantaro and Wakiya doing there it's impossible for them to be even 10 , going by how the anime finished it's supposed to like that #1 valt #2 Shu #3 Free #4 Lui #5 Sisco #6 Kurtz #7 Xhaka #8 Boa #9 Cooza and #10 Joshua, normally Norman would be #8 the Wakiya and Rantaro part Is absurd these guys didn't even made to the tournament at all

I think Boa should be above Cooza.

Fair point done
(Apr. 23, 2018  5:07 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2018  1:29 PM)Jinbee Wrote: That's how I feel regarding Lui. I would like to know if Lui has entered the tournament since his nL broke, did he ever fix his nL, what beyblade did he use if not? The series almost feels like it was written to take place shortly after the championships from G 22od to be honest.

Agreed.

But didn't lS actually break in the manga? And since the anime follows the Manga and it is confirmed from the last chapter of BBG that Shu is/will be using Sr through out, I don't see lS's return. 
So, I guess he will have an upgraded Cho-Z Sr.
(Apr. 26, 2018  4:14 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2018  5:07 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Agreed.

But didn't lS actually break in the manga? And since the anime follows the Manga and it is confirmed from the last chapter of BBG that Shu is/will be using Sr through out, I don't see lS's return. 
As much as I would like that, I don't think so...
I feel that it might still be possible Shu will get an upgrade in Super Z. Considering Spriggan and Shu are really important characters, and having Spriggan end on an evil note would suck.
(Apr. 26, 2018  4:53 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I feel that it might still be possible Shu will get an upgrade in Super Z. Considering Spriggan and Shu are really important characters, and having Spriggan end on an evil note would suck.

Even if he does come he'll have a REALLY small role cuz he's not on the poster (like how long Kurtz got screentime)
(Apr. 26, 2018  4:57 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2018  4:53 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I feel that it might still be possible Shu will get an upgrade in Super Z. Considering Spriggan and Shu are really important characters, and having Spriggan end on an evil note would suck.

Even if he does come he'll have a REALLY small role cuz he's not on the poster (like how long Kurtz got screentime)
I really don't feel the same  way, Seeing how much Fubuki admires Shu and sees him as his role model and a lot of flashbacks of him and Shu, as @[Frostic Fox] had said on the Support For Shu thread, I am pretty sure the writers are building it up to something.
(Apr. 26, 2018  4:57 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:

He could also be like Lui from Season 2 where he does return but would have a major return.
I possibly think he shouldn't blade but just be there to support Fubuki Kinda like a big brother.
(Apr. 26, 2018  4:14 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2018  5:07 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Agreed.

The anime and manga are completely different things not following
(Apr. 23, 2018  9:44 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: From the way I see it it seems like only top 10 can challenge the current #1 without then having to do it via a tournament. and if the win they'll be the new champion and #1 blader in the world
That's... an awfully convenient and stupid rule, but I guess the anime would just run with it because plot. They'll have to dethrone Valt somehow. How else is Lui supposed to take the top spot? I'm just hoping that we don't see ANOTHER character injuring their arm this season. It just feels a bit too old.
(Apr. 28, 2018  7:49 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2018  9:44 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: From the way I see it it seems like only top 10 can challenge the current #1 without then having to do it via a tournament. and if the win they'll be the new champion and #1 blader in the world
That's... an awfully convenient and stupid rule, but I guess the anime would just run with it because plot. They'll have to dethrone Valt somehow. How else is Lui supposed to take the top spot? I'm just hoping that we don't see ANOTHER character injuring their arm this season. It just feels a bit too old.

To be honest, I'm glad they didn't make him too strong like Shu was in the first series. It gives him room to improve and makes him different to Shu.
(Apr. 28, 2018  7:49 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
Well yea it a bit convenient specially for the new cast cause lets be honest to dethroned valt you need that shu, lui or free level if not you can't beat him.   As for the Fubuki part I do understand why you disagree with him losing after he just beat ranjiro I've been saying aiga is not a bad character the idea of making him strong and have talented from the beginning is a good idea,  like this we don't have to go with the flow of I have to mastered my bey BS again , now the downfall of aiga character is that he didn't no anything about blade until he meet valt which Is not good,  I mean an only months he managed to reach people that has been training for years but if he knew and play beyblade it would not be a problem.  I don't think Fubuki was really nerfed I think the fixed him cause think about it having op characters makes it hard to make them lose take shu ,lui and free for example this guys was introduced to be op from the beginning their super genius with major talent . but because of that it's very hard to make them lose it was so hard the beat each other to have a lost valt was the only person to beat 2 out of these 3 which some people are not quite fond of regardless this how hard it is to have op bladers . So that's why keeping the new cast more or less equal is a good thing because some time the can win or sometimes the can lose
(Apr. 28, 2018  11:03 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: To be honest, I'm glad they didn't make him too strong like Shu was in the first series. It gives him room to improve and makes him different to Shu.

(Apr. 28, 2018  6:55 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: Well yea it a bit convenient specially for the new cast cause lets be honest to dethroned valt you need that shu, lui or free level if not you can't beat him.   As for the Fubuki part I do understand why you disagree with him losing after he just beat ranjiro I've been saying aiga is not a bad character the idea of making him strong and have talented from the beginning is a good idea,  like this we don't have to go with the flow of I have to mastered my bey BS again , now the downfall of aiga character is that he didn't no anything about blade until he meet valt which Is not good,  I mean an only months he managed to reach people that has been training for years but if he knew and play beyblade it would not be a problem.  I don't think Fubuki was really nerfed I think the fixed him cause think about it having op characters makes it hard to make them lose take shu ,lui and free for example this guys was introduced to be op from the beginning their super genius with major talent . but because of that it's very hard to make them lose it was so hard the beat each other to have a lost valt was the only person to beat 2 out of these 3 which some people are not quite fond of regardless this how hard it is to have op bladers . So that's why keeping the new cast more or less equal is a good thing because some time the can win or sometimes the can lose
   This is a sentiment that I could not understand. What do you mean by Fubuki's not supposed to be OP? He's the regional champion, and he actually trained with Shu, one of the strongest bladers in the world, so it's not exactly a stretch to say that he's supposed to be powerful by default, is it? If he wasn't the regional champion and didn't train with Shu, your argument would be somewhat more valid, but this isn't the case.

As for Aiga, I'd still regard him as a typical Gary Sue. He's a farm-boy nobody, only trained with regulars for a few months, then proceeds to curb-stomp everyone. Aiga's first loss was against Valt, where he lost because of bad luck, and his second loss was against Fubuki, and the loss was his own fault when he changed the height of the Xtend driver, thus allowing Fubuki to gain the upper hand when Aiga realizes that his tactic failed against the guarded Yard driver. Aiga is in complete control in both matches against Fubuki. Even Luke Skywalker needs to train with Yoda and Ben Kenobi for two decades, and he lost once against Vader, fair and square. I just don't understand why this anime refutes basic video game logic at this point. Of course, it might be very tempting to ignore the "mastering my beyblade" part, but it's an essential progress of growth for any character, regardless if it's in a short flashback, or just ending up as a brief remark, but we didn't even get a footnote mentioning this.  This results in a fundamental disconnect between the audience and the character.

To be honest, I'd much rather the MC of the anime be Fubuki instead of Aiga, because this ends up being a more coherent story than what we are offered. If Aiga ends up being an antagonist, I wouldn't question how is he so strong, the writers could just say that it's in his genes and his father taught him beyblade or something, and I'd be completely fine with it. It seems to me that Fubuki should be the MC of the anime, because he lost against Ranjiro, then trained for some time and defeated him, then Aiga, a supposed prodigy, just randomly shows up to challenge him, and ends up winning, thus driving Fubuki to train even harder. But nope, we're stuck with Aiga with no concrete explanation to his powers, leaving the audience in a state of confusion and disconnect.
(Apr. 29, 2018  10:06 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2018  11:03 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: To be honest, I'm glad they didn't make him too strong like Shu was in the first series. It gives him room to improve and makes him different to Shu.

This is a sentiment that I could not understand. What do you mean by Fubuki's not supposed to be OP? He's the regional champion, and he actually trained with Shu, one of the strongest bladers in the world, so it's not exactly a stretch to say that he's supposed to be powerful by default, is it? If he wasn't the regional champion and didn't train with Shu, your argument would be somewhat more valid, but this isn't the case.

Okay, chill for a second lol. I'm not saying that Fubuki isn't strong, far from it. I'm just saying that Fubuki, despite being a regional champ makes more mistakes than Shu and isn't as OP as Shu was (at the time of the first series). Shu was pretty much an unstoppable force at the time of the first series who made very little mistakes (except against Lui, duh) whilst Fubuki still makes a more mistakes and has lost two battles so far. Being a regional champion doesn't automatically mean he's a near-unstoppable force.

Just because he trained with Shu, doesn't mean he'll be near-perfect like him. Even if the so-called influence would supposedly mean that he's OP like Shu, I can just as easily that Gou/Gabe (the owner of G2) should also be OP just because he trained with Lui but is that true? Of course not.
I just feel that Super Z has a much more competitive theme contrasting to the last two seasons. Aiga the MC has a natural connect with Super Z beys and is a very keen observer as he watched the battle between Ranjiro and Fubuki closely and understood the weakness of both beys and he used it to his advantage, I don't see anything wrong there , Fubuki couldn't have anticipated that either , personally I don't see anything wrong with Fubuki loosing cause this not valt we are talking about ofcourse valt is the reigning champ but he got stronger and his drive to get stronger came from different places like the determination to defeat Shu or Lui but until then he really didn't try that hard but Aiga is different ofcourse he's cocky but he has a much more stronger connect to his bey than valt had at the beginning. As far Shu and Fubuki are concerned , there's no doubt that Shu a top notch blader and maybe even an excellent coach but that doesn't make him or Fubuki invincible cause we are talking normal characters having god beys , everybody's on a very high power level. Of course it was tough to see Fubuki loose but it wasn't a crushing defeat or anything he will surely recover and comeback even stronger. Also if every season follows the same old pattern it really gets boring Smile
(Apr. 29, 2018  10:06 AM)Bastillon Wrote:

(Apr. 28, 2018  6:55 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: Well yea it a bit convenient specially for the new cast cause lets be honest to dethroned valt you need that shu, lui or free level if not you can't beat him.   As for the Fubuki part I do understand why you disagree with him losing after he just beat ranjiro I've been saying aiga is not a bad character the idea of making him strong and have talented from the beginning is a good idea,  like this we don't have to go with the flow of I have to mastered my bey BS again , now the downfall of aiga character is that he didn't no anything about blade until he meet valt which Is not good,  I mean an only months he managed to reach people that has been training for years but if he knew and play beyblade it would not be a problem.  I don't think Fubuki was really nerfed I think the fixed him cause think about it having op characters makes it hard to make them lose take shu ,lui and free for example this guys was introduced to be op from the beginning their super genius with major talent . but because of that it's very hard to make them lose it was so hard the beat each other to have a lost valt was the only person to beat 2 out of these 3 which some people are not quite fond of regardless this how hard it is to have op bladers . So that's why keeping the new cast more or less equal is a good thing because some time the can win or sometimes the can lose

As for Aiga, I'd still regard him as a typical Gary Sue. He's a farm-boy nobody, only trained with regulars for a few months, then proceeds to curb-stomp everyone. Aiga's first loss was against Valt, where he lost because of bad luck, and his second loss was against Fubuki, and the loss was his own fault when he changed the height of the Xtend driver, thus allowing Fubuki to gain the upper hand when Aiga realizes that his tactic failed against the guarded Yard driver. Aiga is in complete control in both matches against Fubuki. Even Luke Skywalker needs to train with Yoda and Ben Kenobi for two decades, and he lost once against Vader, fair and square. I just don't understand why this anime refutes basic video game logic at this point. Of course, it might be very tempting to ignore the "mastering my beyblade" part, but it's an essential progress of growth for any character, regardless if it's in a short flashback, or just ending up as a brief remark, but we didn't even get a footnote mentioning this.  This results in a fundamental disconnect between the audience and the character.

To be honest, I'd much rather the MC of the anime be Fubuki instead of Aiga, because this ends up being a more coherent story than what we are offered. If Aiga ends up being an antagonist, I wouldn't question how is he so strong, the writers could just say that it's in his genes and his father taught him beyblade or something, and I'd be completely fine with it. It seems to me that Fubuki should be the MC of the anime, because he lost against Ranjiro, then trained for some time and defeated him, then Aiga, a supposed prodigy, just randomly shows up to challenge him, and ends up winning, thus driving Fubuki to train even harder. But nope, we're stuck with Aiga with no concrete explanation to his powers, leaving the audience in a state of confusion and disconnect.

Your missing the point , before you go super saiyan rage try understand posted. I said it's much more easier to work with Fubuki that way ,  having Fubuki being shu 2.0 would mean he would never lose until the bring another broken character well guess what it's exactly the same as S1 and S2 all over again,  most people will not like it, the first 2 season is an example even now some have a problem how the turn out first shu loses to lui despite him deserving that victory but he lost , S2 the turn shu evil which was very convenient for Valt cause that's an automatic win for him another championship shu deserve considering he might be the most developed character in beyblade burst but he only finish 3rd and 2nd place, that's what happens when you have a character who's nearly perfect in beyblade and have s main character who's good but not as perfect as shu, even the lost of free got people divided specially on how the present him , now having Fubuki the second shu probably will end up the same finding a convenient plot to make him lose despite that his not supposed to.  but if the make most blader in this generation more or less equal it's easier for them to lose.  And like I said the problem with aiga is that he didn't know about beyblade which is why many people has a problem with,  him being strong from the beginning is not a problem but the shouldn't have presented him like this take ranjiro for example he beat Fubuki before but the difference is he was showcase training and knowing about beyblade after that Fubuki went training then Beating ranjiro if the had do the same thing with aiga everyone would be ok with it. I understand how you feel but if the repeated the same thing half of us fans will be disappointed again so there trying to go a different way
I was reading about some differences between the Plastic Gen model kits, and MFB and Burst already assembled Beys. I read that the model kits were made for you to technically "create" your own Bey from "scratch", during this assemble process you'd understand better how your Bey works and what it does. Very different from when you buy a pre-assebled Beyblade. With this in mind, I though Aiga created his own Bey piece by piece (ok, it was only the layer, but you got the point), so maybe that's why he's so connected to Achilles and already knew how to use his Bey from the start.
(Apr. 29, 2018  2:30 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Okay, chill for a second lol. I'm not saying that Fubuki isn't strong, far from it. I'm just saying that Fubuki, despite being a regional champ makes more mistakes than Shu and isn't as OP as Shu was (at the time of the first series). Shu was pretty much an unstoppable force at the time of the first series who made very little mistakes (except against Lui, duh) whilst Fubuki still makes a more mistakes and has lost two battles so far. Being a regional champion doesn't automatically mean he's a near-unstoppable force.

Just because he trained with Shu, doesn't mean he'll be near-perfect like him. Even if the so-called influence would supposedly mean that he's OP like Shu, I can just as easily that Gou/Gabe (the owner of G2) should also be OP just because he trained with Lui but is that true? Of course not.

(Apr. 29, 2018  4:29 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: Your missing the point , before you go super saiyan rage try understand posted. I said it's much more easier to work with Fubuki that way ,  having Fubuki being shu 2.0 would mean he would never lose until the bring another broken character well guess what it's exactly the same as S1 and S2 all over again,  most people will not like it, the first 2 season is an example even now some have a problem how the turn out first shu loses to lui despite him deserving that victory but he lost , S2 the turn shu evil which was very convenient for Valt cause that's an automatic win for him another championship shu deserve considering he might be the most developed character in beyblade burst but he only finish 3rd and 2nd place, that's what happens when you have a character who's nearly perfect in beyblade and have s main character who's good but not as perfect as shu, even the lost of free got people divided specially on how the present him , now having Fubuki the second shu probably will end up the same finding a convenient plot to make him lose despite that his not supposed to.  but if the make most blader in this generation more or less equal it's easier for them to lose.  And like I said the problem with aiga is that he didn't know about beyblade which is why many people has a problem with,  him being strong from the beginning is not a problem but the shouldn't have presented him like this take ranjiro for example he beat Fubuki before but the difference is he was showcase training and knowing about beyblade after that Fubuki went training then Beating ranjiro if the had do the same thing with aiga everyone would be ok with it. I understand how you feel but if the repeated the same thing half of us fans will be disappointed again so there trying to go a different way
I'm actually more exasperated then angry, fyi.

Of course, we do see that the characters are different. Gou is different from Lui as he is more sensitive, and I guess Ranjiro is slightly different than Rantaro, because apparently he leads a gang or something? Either way, the differences between these characters are definitely pronounced. However, the differences between Fubuki and Shu aren't that clear cut. Fubuki was given too little focus, and only a few lines of dialogue for the audience to understand who he is. From what I've seen, he trains very hard (frequent training sessions with his close friends), isn't very sociable, takes on a leader-ish role (which doesn't exactly qualify as a unique trait), and takes losses very seriously. If anything, he's actually more "Shu" than Shu himself. He basically embodies every aspect of Shu, that it's very difficult to distinguish and establish Fubuki as an independent character, and not just a Shu clone. I'm not saying that I WANT Fubuki to be Shu 2.0, but from what I've gathered so far, he is a mere clone without any independent character. For a character this important, I expect the first few episodes to flesh out his character in a significant way, but we apparently need to tie the plot back to Valt and Aiga's filler scenes for some reason.
(Apr. 30, 2018  4:35 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2018  2:30 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Okay, chill for a second lol. I'm not saying that Fubuki isn't strong, far from it. I'm just saying that Fubuki, despite being a regional champ makes more mistakes than Shu and isn't as OP as Shu was (at the time of the first series). Shu was pretty much an unstoppable force at the time of the first series who made very little mistakes (except against Lui, duh) whilst Fubuki still makes a more mistakes and has lost two battles so far. Being a regional champion doesn't automatically mean he's a near-unstoppable force.

(Apr. 29, 2018  4:29 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: Your missing the point , before you go super saiyan rage try understand posted. I said it's much more easier to work with Fubuki that way ,  having Fubuki being shu 2.0 would mean he would never lose until the bring another broken character well guess what it's exactly the same as S1 and S2 all over again,  most people will not like it, the first 2 season is an example even now some have a problem how the turn out first shu loses to lui despite him deserving that victory but he lost , S2 the turn shu evil which was very convenient for Valt cause that's an automatic win for him another championship shu deserve considering he might be the most developed character in beyblade burst but he only finish 3rd and 2nd place, that's what happens when you have a character who's nearly perfect in beyblade and have s main character who's good but not as perfect as shu, even the lost of free got people divided specially on how the present him , now having Fubuki the second shu probably will end up the same finding a convenient plot to make him lose despite that his not supposed to.  but if the make most blader in this generation more or less equal it's easier for them to lose.  And like I said the problem with aiga is that he didn't know about beyblade which is why many people has a problem with,  him being strong from the beginning is not a problem but the shouldn't have presented him like this take ranjiro for example he beat Fubuki before but the difference is he was showcase training and knowing about beyblade after that Fubuki went training then Beating ranjiro if the had do the same thing with aiga everyone would be ok with it. I understand how you feel but if the repeated the same thing half of us fans will be disappointed again so there trying to go a different way
 I'm actually more exasperated then angry, fyi.

Of course, we do see that the characters are different. Gou is different from Lui as he is more sensitive, and I guess Ranjiro is slightly different than Rantaro, because apparently he leads a gang or something? Either way, the differences between these characters are definitely pronounced. However, the differences between Fubuki and Shu aren't that clear cut. Fubuki was given too little focus, and only a few lines of dialogue for the audience to understand who he is. From what I've seen, he trains very hard (frequent training sessions with his close friends), isn't very sociable, takes on a leader-ish role (which doesn't exactly qualify as a unique trait), and takes losses very seriously. If anything, he's actually more "Shu" than Shu himself. He basically embodies every aspect of Shu, that it's very difficult to distinguish and establish Fubuki as an independent character, and not just a Shu clone. I'm not saying that I WANT Fubuki to be Shu 2.0, but from what I've gathered so far, he is a mere clone without any independent character. For a character this important, I expect the first few episodes to flesh out his character in a significant way, but we apparently need to tie the plot back to Valt and Aiga's filler scenes for some reason.

About the angry part I'm just joking. But yea I your right about the Fubuki being to similar to shu which I also disagree everyone should be their own character not similar to the original .  Also I've been thinking about Fubuki being to much like shu could actually led to s sub plot for fubuki and the could bring back shu for that to help Fubuki on whatever their going are trying to do with him.  but let's wait and see how the rest of the season will turn it's still early
Just a little heads up, try and avoid quoting super long posts when replying, it'll make the page really long if there were posts with huge quotes in them.