Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #19 (July 31, 2020)

(Jul. 31, 2020  9:46 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2020  9:45 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Well again, the manga and anime rankings are different so we can’t really say Drum is far stronger or atleast he is stronger for now since the power gaps are just there to make sure the brothers don’t always beat legends. Also, Sisco beat Hyuga right in the next episode after Hyuga beat him and it has been a while since he appeared meaning he could have gotten stronger offscreen. Chances are most legends will be around a more equal strength in the festival. We also have to consider the fact that they can’t just make Hyuga and Hikaru continuously lose ALL the time, they have to let them win sometimes and while they don’t win as often as protagonist usually do since they are up against mostly legends plus Lane this season, they still gotta pull it off every while.

the anime and manga rankings aren't actually different. The rankings are not present in the anime so they can push boundaries a little on someone's strength, but the rankings still accurately show everyone's strength.

(Jul. 31, 2020  9:37 PM)Spirit of Order Wrote: Didn't the show say that Sisco beat Hygua around 100 times before he won, that was crazy. Then Hygua just got a burst finish first try on a stronger Legendary Blader, Drum. big mood.

Yeah, Drum has a attack type and is more reckless with his attack so its easy to catch him off guard at a good angle for an attack, especially if you also have a fast bey. Sisco on the other hand in is a defense type that tanks all hits than just goes in for the burst once the other bey is weared down. Not saying Drum's fighting style is weak as it certainly is strong, but it makes sense.
The anime doesn’t have ranks period because they are probably building up to the legends festival where various legends won’t be far too overpowered compared to others.
(Jul. 31, 2020  10:43 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2020  9:46 PM)snoc Wrote: the anime and manga rankings aren't actually different. The rankings are not present in the anime so they can push boundaries a little on someone's strength, but the rankings still accurately show everyone's strength.

Yeah, Drum has a attack type and is more reckless with his attack so its easy to catch him off guard at a good angle for an attack, especially if you also have a fast bey. Sisco on the other hand in is a defense type that tanks all hits than just goes in for the burst once the other bey is weared down. Not saying Drum's fighting style is weak as it certainly is strong, but it makes sense.
The anime doesn’t have ranks period because they are probably building up to the legends festival where various legends won’t be far too overpowered compared to others.

Well the same would still go for the manga, everyone would be alot stronger so even though there are rankings someone like Hikaru could still beta someone like Free since he's gotten a lot stronger.
(Jul. 31, 2020  10:45 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2020  10:43 PM)Zeutron Wrote: The anime doesn’t have ranks period because they are probably building up to the legends festival where various legends won’t be far too overpowered compared to others.

Well the same would still go for the manga, everyone would be alot stronger so even though there are rankings someone like Hikaru could still beta someone like Free since he's gotten a lot stronger.
Yeah that makes sense. I kinda want it to be a god bladers cup type of tournament with a little bit of season 1 mixed in where things are a bit more random and the only bladers who particularly do better than the rest are Valt, Hikaru, Hyuga and Lane (was thinking that maybe Rantaro and Shu could do better too but then that would be six people). What I mean by “random” for example: let’s say Rantaro beats Free but then loses to Sisco or Free buts Drum and Drum then beats Lui so they are beating random opponents and losing to random opponents putting them on an equal standing.
(Jul. 31, 2020  10:57 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2020  10:45 PM)snoc Wrote: Well the same would still go for the manga, everyone would be alot stronger so even though there are rankings someone like Hikaru could still beta someone like Free since he's gotten a lot stronger.
Yeah that makes sense. I kinda want it to be a god bladers cup type of tournament with a little bit of season 1 mixed in where things are a bit more random and the only bladers who particularly do better than the rest are Valt, Hikaru, Hyuga and Lane (was thinking that maybe Rantaro and Shu could do better too but then that would be six people). What I mean by “random” for example: let’s say Rantaro beats Free but then loses to Sisco or Free buts Drum and Drum then beats Lui so they are beating random opponents and losing to random opponents putting them on an equal standing.

I love that round-robin style tournament. Frankly, the international bladers cup is my favorite tournament in the series so far.
(Aug. 01, 2020  2:06 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2020  10:57 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Yeah that makes sense. I kinda want it to be a god bladers cup type of tournament with a little bit of season 1 mixed in where things are a bit more random and the only bladers who particularly do better than the rest are Valt, Hikaru, Hyuga and Lane (was thinking that maybe Rantaro and Shu could do better too but then that would be six people). What I mean by “random” for example: let’s say Rantaro beats Free but then loses to Sisco or Free buts Drum and Drum then beats Lui so they are beating random opponents and losing to random opponents putting them on an equal standing.

I love that round-robin style tournament. Frankly, the international bladers cup is my favorite tournament in the series so far.

Honestly I'm down for anything, as long as it has good battles. What I like so much about the God Bladers Cup is just the battles general. Every single one may not have insane drawing, but you can tell Hiro Morita really cared making every single battle, and it translated great into animated format.
(Aug. 01, 2020  2:31 AM)snoc Wrote:
(Aug. 01, 2020  2:06 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I love that round-robin style tournament. Frankly, the international bladers cup is my favorite tournament in the series so far.

Honestly I'm down for anything, as long as it has good battles. What I like so much about the God Bladers Cup is just the battles general. Every single one may not have insane drawing, but you can tell Hiro Morita really cared making every single battle, and it translated great into animated format.

He put a lot of thought into those battles, and I'm looking forward to what he does with the legends festival.
(Jul. 31, 2020  9:47 AM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2020  9:42 AM)Spirit of Order Wrote: I feel only hate and despair in my heart. My brain is fried with fury by 15x. How did Hygua burst Dragon in his first battle, when Drum is right behind Lui in the rankings, I don't know. And that truly frightens me to my very core. Very Spooky indeed.

The manga is its own continuity and so is the anime, whatever rankings are in the manga aren't the same for the anime they're two separate entities.

I don't even know if we're going to get the exact rankings like the manga gave us.

Hopefully they give something lol
Finally someone who understands
(Jul. 31, 2020  9:42 AM)Spirit of Order Wrote: I feel only hate and despair in my heart. My brain is fried with fury by 15x. How did Hygua burst Dragon in his first battle, when Drum is right behind Lui in the rankings, I don't know. And that truly frightens me to my very core. Very Spooky indeed.

The manga is its own continuity and so is the anime, whatever rankings are in the manga aren't the same for the anime they're two separate entities.

I don't even know if we're going to get the exact rankings like the manga gave us.

The manga rankings still accurately represent power levels though, so using them to compare strength in the anime still works.

The one thing that's always the same between both the anime and manga, are the rankings. Given that precedent, the manga rankings are pretty definitive.