Beyblade Burst QuadStrike Episode #10

(May. 06, 2023  7:17 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  7:14 PM)Achilles25 Wrote: Xander legit just activated The World and completely "one sliced"

Facts. Considering Xcalius literally and space time warp around it,  that was more or less a Special Move. But what would it be called? It is a mystery

Xiphoid K.O (I mean it's realistic)
(May. 06, 2023  6:43 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  5:51 PM)Admiral W Wrote:

That power difference is how it should be. Xander is one of the world's top bladers. It should be clear that he's on completely different level.

[Image: 20230506_121026.gif]
That is what the result of taking on a Legend should look like.

Also whose to say any of them will defeat legends. Maybe they won't.

What’s the point of them even battling if they always lose? Remember that trees produce fruits. If the characters don’t show any feats, then people will just be less interested in them as we want the characters to progress. Look at how much hate Rantaro got in Season 1&2 and then how much people liked him in Surge when he started showing feats against other strong characters. Besides, how are we going to feel tension in battles when the MC’s always lose simply for the crime of facing Legends? At the end of the day, the same result happening repeatedly is boring.

You're portraying it as the only people they can battle are Legends. There are others characters they can take on. The title of Blading Legend has to mean something. These are the world's top bladers. One of the problems with QD was that they treated that title like trash.

The example of Rantaro doesn't work. Rantaro is a Blading Legend. He is literally one of the world's top bladers.

We can certainly feel tension. We don't know well they will do in their battles against a Legend and again, the Legends aren't the only bladers they can battle.
(May. 06, 2023  8:00 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  6:43 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: What’s the point of them even battling if they always lose? Remember that trees produce fruits. If the characters don’t show any feats, then people will just be less interested in them as we want the characters to progress. Look at how much hate Rantaro got in Season 1&2 and then how much people liked him in Surge when he started showing feats against other strong characters. Besides, how are we going to feel tension in battles when the MC’s always lose simply for the crime of facing Legends? At the end of the day, the same result happening repeatedly is boring.

You're portraying it as the only people they can battle are Legends. There are others characters they can take on. The title of Blading Legend has to mean something. These are the world's top bladers. One of the problems with QS was that they treated that title like trash.

The example of Rantaro doesn't work. Rantaro is a Blading Legend. He is literally one of the world's top bladers.

We can certainly feel tension. We don't know well they will do in their battles against a Legend and again, the Legends aren't the only bladers they can battle.
Rantaro is the weakest Legend(lowest Rank), which implies that if he faced literally any other Legend, he'd lose more often than not. In Season 5, the vast majority of the cast were Legends. Most of his feats are against other Legends (Bursting Valkyrie, Pushing back Longinus, etc.), who should beat him because they're ranked higher, hence why it's impressive. And "has to mean something" shouldn't be invincible or that people who aren't of the same rank can't win no matter what. And just because QD made Legends look like fodder doesn't mean the opposite extreme is any better. Remember how the Asahi Brothers managed to beat Legends without dropping them every single time and actually lost more often than not? And we can certainly predict how they'd do against future legends. if Xander can one shot Bell, and Hyuga is stronger than Xander, how do you think Hyuga vs Bell will go? And we onyl have ONE non legend blader to go that has been shown in literally any media whatsoever, that being Kit.
(May. 06, 2023  8:18 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  8:00 PM)Admiral W Wrote: You're portraying it as the only people they can battle are Legends. There are others characters they can take on. The title of Blading Legend has to mean something. These are the world's top bladers. One of the problems with QS was that they treated that title like trash.

Rantaro is the weakest Legend(lowest Rank), which implies that if he faced literally any other Legend, he'd lose more often than not. In Season 5, the vast majority of the cast were Legends. Most of his feats are against other Legends (Bursting Valkyrie, Pushing back Longinus, etc.), who should beat him because they're ranked higher, hence why it's impressive. And "has to mean something" shouldn't be invincible or that people who aren't of the same rank can't win no matter what. Also, what makes you think they're battling Non-Legend bladers? Throughout every promotional material we've only seen Legends. In the opening all we see are Legends. I'd consider the possibility of them facing Non-S Rank bladers when such is implied whatsoever. And just because QD made Legends look like fodder doesn't mean the opposite extreme is any better. Remember how the Asahi Brothers manged to beat Legends without dropping them every single time and actually lost more often than not?

As a Blading Legend, Rantaro is one of the world's top bladers. He is in the upper echelon of the Blading world. The Blading Legends can pose a challenge to each other. Most of his feats are against other Legends, which is fine, because he is also a legend.

If they are the world's top bladers, that has to be shown. Being at the top by it's very nature means they are on a whole other level from other bladers. That shouldn't just be lip service. 

All the characters we've see in the promotional material aren't all Legends. Hikaru, Hyuga, Ken, and Kit are not Blading Legends. 

As for Hyuga and Hikaru beating legends, they weren't displayed as really being on the level of Legends 1v1. All of their 1v1 wins against Legends were for the most part flukes, Hyuga vs Silas being a prime example. Hyuga beat him one episode and got destroyed by him an episode of two later. They weren't legend level individually.
(May. 06, 2023  8:32 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  8:18 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: Rantaro is the weakest Legend(lowest Rank), which implies that if he faced literally any other Legend, he'd lose more often than not. In Season 5, the vast majority of the cast were Legends. Most of his feats are against other Legends (Bursting Valkyrie, Pushing back Longinus, etc.), who should beat him because they're ranked higher, hence why it's impressive. And "has to mean something" shouldn't be invincible or that people who aren't of the same rank can't win no matter what. Also, what makes you think they're battling Non-Legend bladers? Throughout every promotional material we've only seen Legends. In the opening all we see are Legends. I'd consider the possibility of them facing Non-S Rank bladers when such is implied whatsoever. And just because QD made Legends look like fodder doesn't mean the opposite extreme is any better. Remember how the Asahi Brothers manged to beat Legends without dropping them every single time and actually lost more often than not?

As a Blading Legend, Rantaro is one of the world's top bladers. He is in the upper echelon of the Blading world. The Blading Legends can pose a challenge to each other. Most of his feats are against other Legends, which is fine, because he is also a legend.

If they are the world's top bladers, that has to be shown. Being at the top by it's very nature means they are on a whole other level from other bladers. That shouldn't just be lip service. 

All the characters we've see in the promotional material aren't all Legends. Hikaru, Hyuga, Ken, and Kit are not Blading Legends. 

As for Hyuga and Hikaru beating legends, they weren't displayed as really being on the level of Legends 1v1. All of their 1v1 wins against Legends were for the most part flukes, Hyuga vs Silas being a prime example. Hyuga beat him one episode and got destroyed by him an episode of two later. They weren't legend level individually.
Okay, but by the end of the Series, Hikaru and Hyuga definitely were Legend level by themselves. They beat all the Legend tag teams, which means one brother is beyond Legend level a d carrying the other or they were around the same level, and this both legendary bladers. Regardless, the average power of the Sun brothers must be higher than the average power between 2 Legends, so  at least one of them is legend lvl. I forgot two nobodies could beat Legends, why can’t Bell and Pri at least defeat the lower ones, especially when Bell already beat 4 out of the Big 5 And Pri is supposed to be Bell’s rival. The two of them each only have 2 wins, would it really be so bad for them to at least get One legend each? Valt literally went from National lvl to world champion in one season. Aiga did the same but even faster. You’re acting like  international bladers have never been reasonably beaten before.
(May. 06, 2023  8:53 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  8:32 PM)Admiral W Wrote: As a Blading Legend, Rantaro is one of the world's top bladers. He is in the upper echelon of the Blading world. The Blading Legends can pose a challenge to each other. Most of his feats are against other Legends, which is fine, because he is also a legend.

Okay, but by the end of the Series, Hikaru and Hyuga definitely were Legend level by themselves. They beat all the Legend tag teams, which means one brother is beyond Legend level a d carrying the other or they were around the same level, and this both legendary bladers. Regardless, the average power of the Sun brothers must be higher than the average power between 2 Legends, so  at least one of them is legend lvl. I forgot two nobodies could beat Legends, why can’t Bell and Pri at least defeat the lower ones, especially when Bell already beat 4 out of the Big 5 And Pri is supposed to be Bell’s rival. The two of them each only have 2 wins, would it really be so bad for them to at least get One legend each? Valt literally went from National lvl to world champion in one season. Aiga did the same but even faster. You’re acting like  international bladers have never been reasonably beaten before.
Look Bell and Quadra are losing to the legends whether you like it or not.
At the end of the day the writers (most likely) know what there doing and have a reason for making Bell and Quadra lose so let’s just accept it and move on.
(May. 06, 2023  8:32 PM)Admiral W Wrote: As a Blading Legend, Rantaro is one of the world's top bladers. He is in the upper echelon of the Blading world. The Blading Legends can pose a challenge to each other. Most of his feats are against other Legends, which is fine, because he is also a legend.

Tag teams being the operative phrase. Even during those tag teams, when they got separated and had to take on a Legend by themselves, they were never able to take them out. A perfect example is Valt and Rantaro vs Hyuga and Hikaru. The best Hikaru could manage by himself was to tie with Rantaro and Hyuga got destroyed by Valt. They weren't legend level individually.

Bell beating the Big Five was ridiculous. One of QD's problems was how they threw legends under the bus. It's not an example that's praiseworthy.

Why do they need to beat a Legend as part of their story? It isn't a requirement or something. 

Valt reached the top of the blading world after much struggle and intense training. Two seasons worth of training to get to where he got to.

I never thought Aiger's rise to World Champion made sense.
(May. 06, 2023  9:12 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  8:53 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: Okay, but by the end of the Series, Hikaru and Hyuga definitely were Legend level by themselves. They beat all the Legend tag teams, which means one brother is beyond Legend level a d carrying the other or they were around the same level, and this both legendary bladers. Regardless, the average power of the Sun brothers must be higher than the average power between 2 Legends, so  at least one of them is legend lvl. I forgot two nobodies could beat Legends, why can’t Bell and Pri at least defeat the lower ones, especially when Bell already beat 4 out of the Big 5 And Pri is supposed to be Bell’s rival. The two of them each only have 2 wins, would it really be so bad for them to at least get One legend each? Valt literally went from National lvl to world champion in one season. Aiga did the same but even faster. You’re acting like  international bladers have never been reasonably beaten before.
Tag teams being the operative word. Even during those tag teams, when they got separated and had to take on a Legend by themselves, they were never able to take them out. A perfect example is Valt and Rantaro vs Hyuga and Hikaru. The best Hikaru could manage by himself was to tie with Rantaro and Hyuga got destroyed by Valt. They weren't legend level individually.

Bell beating the Big Five was ridiculous. One of QD's problems was how they threw legends under the bus. It's not an example that's praiseworthy.

Why do they need to beat a Legend as part of their story? It isn't a requirement or something. 

Valt reached the top of the blading world after much struggle and intense training. Two seasons worth of training to get to where he got to.

I’m not begging to beat Legends per say, I just want them to beatnik the stronger bladers in the story  to showing how they’re rising to the top. Whether that be Fumiya or Hyde or Lain, I just want them to get one meaningful win. Imagine Luffy never beating anybody stronger than Lucci, or Naruto plateauing at Jonin lvl. Sure, it may be exciting at first, but people tend to get bored at consistent failure.  But I will acknowledge that beating Legends is unnecessary, as all Pri needs to do is build up her Elemental Power, whatever that stuff actually is.
(May. 06, 2023  9:28 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  9:12 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Tag teams being the operative word. Even during those tag teams, when they got separated and had to take on a Legend by themselves, they were never able to take them out. A perfect example is Valt and Rantaro vs Hyuga and Hikaru. The best Hikaru could manage by himself was to tie with Rantaro and Hyuga got destroyed by Valt. They weren't legend level individually.

I’m not begging to beat Legends per say, I just want them to beatnik the stronger bladers in the story  to showing how they’re rising to the top. Whether that be Fumiya or Hyde or Lain, I just want them to get one meaningful win. Imagine Luffy never beating anybody stronger than Lucci, or Naruto plateauing at Jonin lvl. Sure, it may be exciting at first, but people tend to get bored at consistent failure.  But I will acknowledge that beating Legends is unnecessary, as all Pri needs to do is build up her Elemental Power, whatever that stuff actually is.

Bel and Pri can still become stronger, can still have a fulfilling and interesting journey even if they aren't stronger than the Blading Legends.
(May. 06, 2023  9:53 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  9:28 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: I’m not begging to beat Legends per say, I just want them to beatnik the stronger bladers in the story  to showing how they’re rising to the top. Whether that be Fumiya or Hyde or Lain, I just want them to get one meaningful win. Imagine Luffy never beating anybody stronger than Lucci, or Naruto plateauing at Jonin lvl. Sure, it may be exciting at first, but people tend to get bored at consistent failure.  But I will acknowledge that beating Legends is unnecessary, as all Pri needs to do is build up her Elemental Power, whatever that stuff actually is.

Bel and Pri can still become stronger, can still have a fulfilling and interesting journey even if they aren't stronger than the Blading Legends.

They definitely shouldn't be stronger, as they have no experience, stupid gimmicks, or strong resonance. You can win but not be stronger. If I beat a guy one out of five times, he'd generally be better than me, it's just that I can win. If Bell and Pri have even a 1/10 chance of beating a Legend, or win by a fluke like the Asahi brothers did, I'm good.
(May. 06, 2023  10:04 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  9:53 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Bel and Pri can still become stronger, can still have a fulfilling and interesting journey even if they aren't stronger than the Blading Legends.

They definitely shouldn't be stronger, as they have no experience, stupid gimmicks, or strong resonance. You can win but not be stronger. If I beat a guy one out of five times, he'd generally be better than me, it's just that I can win. If Bell and Pri have even a 1/10 chance of beating a Legend, or win by a fluke like the Asahi brothers did, I'm good.
You said in your earlier comment that they don't have defeat a legend that you simply want them to get stronger. They really don't need to defeat legends to have an interesting story. It's by no means required.

Unrelated(this probably belongs in the random thoughts thread), but that part you said about Valt becoming world champ in one season was interesting(people always ignore how fast Valt became good but critize other characters for improving quickly themselves), I always thought that the writers rushed Valt's rise in s1(especially the early episodes)when you look at how horrible a blader he was at the start. I know he trained hard but so did every other MC that came after him and none of the future MCs were as bad at blading as Valt was when they started. So seeing where they landed by the end of their seasons compared to Valt is unique to say the least. Not hating on Valt, just wanted to get that off my chest.
(May. 06, 2023  10:56 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  10:04 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: They definitely shouldn't be stronger, as they have no experience, stupid gimmicks, or strong resonance. You can win but not be stronger. If I beat a guy one out of five times, he'd generally be better than me, it's just that I can win. If Bell and Pri have even a 1/10 chance of beating a Legend, or win by a fluke like the Asahi brothers did, I'm good.
You said in your earlier comment that they don't have defeat a legend that you simply want them to get stronger. They really don't need to defeat legends to have an interesting story. It's by no means required.

Would Valt's story still be as interesting as it was if he never beat Shu or Free?

(May. 06, 2023  10:04 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  9:53 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Bel and Pri can still become stronger, can still have a fulfilling and interesting journey even if they aren't stronger than the Blading Legends.

Bel's resonance is strong and he does have experience(idc what anybody says or how much you don't like it. Bell beat Valt, Shu, Lui and Free in DB be it plot armor, dumb luck, Bel fighting with 80 buffs or the legengs holding back/being nerfed). But he probably needs even more experience and he definitely has to increase his power and battle IQ before he can face a legend while having at least a 50% chance of winning or being outright stronger(in the case of Bel being outright stronger it depends on the legend he faces).
(May. 06, 2023  11:41 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  10:56 PM)Admiral W Wrote: You said in your earlier comment that they don't have defeat a legend that you simply want them to get stronger. They really don't need to defeat legends to have an interesting story. It's by no means required.

Would Valt's story still be as interesting as it was if he never beat Shu or Free?
Valt had a particular rivalry with those two bladers, especially Shu. Shu and Valt's friendship and rivalry formed the backbone of those seasons. What made those wins truly matter was all the foundation laid in those relationships to get to that point.
(May. 07, 2023  12:23 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  11:41 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: Would Valt's story still be as interesting as it was if he never beat Shu or Free?
Valt had a particular rivalry with those two bladers, especially Shu. Shu and Valt's friendship and rivalry formed the backbone of those seasons. What made those wins truly matter was all the foundation laid in those relationships to get to that point.

I get that, trust me. But that doesn't answer my question.
I feel like this discussion is starting to trail off from the episode itself.
(May. 06, 2023  10:56 PM)Admiral W Wrote: You said in your earlier comment that they don't have defeat a legend that you simply want them to get stronger. They really don't need to defeat legends to have an interesting story. It's by no means required.

(May. 06, 2023  10:04 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: They definitely shouldn't be stronger, as they have no experience, stupid gimmicks, or strong resonance. You can win but not be stronger. If I beat a guy one out of five times, he'd generally be better than me, it's just that I can win. If Bell and Pri have even a 1/10 chance of beating a Legend, or win by a fluke like the Asahi brothers did, I'm good.

Bel's resonance is strong and he does have experience(idc what anybody says or how much you don't like it. Bell beat Valt, Shu, Lui and Free in DB be it plot armor, dumb luck, Bel fighting with 80 buffs or the legengs holding back/being nerfed). But he probably needs even more experience and he definitely has to increase his power and battle IQ before he can face a legend while having at least a 50% chance of winning or being outright stronger(in the case of Bel being outright stronger it depends on the legend he faces).

Agree with the what you said about Bel but no Valt's story probably wouldn't have been AS good if he lost however he wasn't going to lose to Shu/Red Eye sooo.. yea.
(May. 07, 2023  12:31 AM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:
(May. 07, 2023  12:23 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Valt had a particular rivalry with those two bladers, especially Shu. Shu and Valt's friendship and rivalry formed the backbone of those seasons. What made those wins truly matter was all the foundation laid in those relationships to get to that point.

I get that, trust me. But that doesn't answer my question.

It does actually. Valt's journey was tied to completing the main arc of his rivalry with both those bladers by defeating them. So no it wouldn't have been as interesting because his main arc with those would have been incomplete.

I don't think every win Bel got on a legend in QD was a complete fluke, plot armor or whatever.. he mainly beat Lui from having a new type of bey Lui hadn't battled against before and Bel had decent battle iq in that fight, the first time he beat Valt seemed somewhat fair since he used a gearless stock belial, and his win on Shu is debatable; if Shu did hold back at all then it was his own fault that he lost and underestimated/tested Bell and if the win was just luck then it was a battle that was essentially up to faith on who would win. If shu had won it, he probably would have still been bursted by Belial but I doubt people would have discredited it like they did with Bell and people would say Shu was stronger and a legend so his win is legit/deserved despite him winning with the same luck Bell beat him with(a good portion of burst fans have a bad habit of being two faced/hypocritical when a character they don't like beats someone they love).
(May. 07, 2023  12:57 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 07, 2023  12:31 AM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: I get that, trust me. But that doesn't answer my question.

It does actually. Valt's journey was tied to completing the main arc of his rivalry with both those bladers by defeating them. So no it wouldn't have been as interesting because his main arc with those would have been incomplete.

This reply actually answers my question, not the first one. I've watched the first two seasons to understand where you were coming from so the additional info wasn't necessary(or required), I was asking a yes or no question.

(May. 07, 2023  12:39 AM)BondsofTime Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  11:41 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: Would Valt's story still be as interesting as it was if he never beat Shu or Free?

Agree with the what you said about Bel but no Valt's story probably wouldn't have been AS good if he lost however he wasn't going to lose to Shu/Red Eye sooo.. yea.

I guess you can say that.

(May. 07, 2023  1:01 AM)BondsofTime Wrote:

I don't think every win Bel got on a legend in QD was a complete fluke, plot armor or whatever.. he mainly beat Lui from having a new type of bey Lui hadn't battled against before and Bel had decent battle iq in that fight, the first time he beat Valt seemed somewhat fair since he used a gearless stock belial, and his win on Shu is debatable; if Shu did hold back at all then it was his own fault that he lost and underestimated/tested Bell and if the win was just luck then it was a battle that was essentially up to faith on who would win. If shu had won it, he probably would have still been bursted by Belial but I doubt people would have discredited it like they did with Bell and people would say Shu was stronger and a legend so his win is legit/deserved despite him winning with the same luck Bell beat him with(a good portion of burst fans have a bad habit of being two faced/hypocritical when a character they don't like beats someone they love).

Agree. But in the case of Lui I don't get why he didn't just ringout belial or go for a spin finish win. Battling a new bey or bey type shouldn't mean you suddenly forget how to win a battle without going for a burst.
(May. 07, 2023  1:08 AM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:
(May. 07, 2023  12:57 AM)Admiral W Wrote: It does actually. Valt's journey was tied to completing the main arc of his rivalry with both those bladers by defeating them. So no it wouldn't have been as interesting because his main arc with those would have been incomplete.

This reply actually answers my question, not the first one. I've watched the first two seasons to understand where you were coming from so the additional info wasn't necessary(or required), I was asking a yes or no question.
When replying I explain my reasoning which I did in both responses. I wasn't asserting you didn't see the seasons.
(May. 07, 2023  1:58 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 07, 2023  1:08 AM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: This reply actually answers my question, not the first one. I've watched the first two seasons to understand where you were coming from so the additional info wasn't necessary(or required), I was asking a yes or no question.
When replying I explain my reasoning which I did in both responses. I wasn't asserting you didn't see the seasons.

I didn't treat it as if you did, I was just asking a yes or no question, hence why I said the additional info wasn't necessary. Just yes or no, you didn't have to provide the reasoning is all I'm saying.
(May. 06, 2023  7:17 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(May. 06, 2023  7:14 PM)Achilles25 Wrote: Xander legit just activated The World and completely "one sliced"

Facts. Considering Xcalius literally and space time warp around it,  that was more or less a Special Move. But what would it be called? It is a mystery

How did I miss that warm hole thing when Xander and Bel battle wtf!?  That has to be the portal to enter the metal fight series universe where finally we will see Valt and Gingka battle.
Just only saw the preview