Beyblade Burst Driver :Edge

Here it goes:

Edge is a driver released with the booster Horusudo Spread Edge. it has 4 protrusions that stick down out of a very sharp tip. It has horrible balance and should never be used competitively. As of now it is the most useless driver released.
"4 protrusion like things" and "sharpish" are not part of an encylopedic vocabulary.

Does it really have good Life After Death ? Its balance is so horrible that as far as I know it has worse stamina than most other tips, so I would prefer refraining from mentioning something useful that piques people's interest like "Life After Death".
It certainly doesn't have good LAD. It's 90 degrees between each "edge", so it's gonna be very choppy once it looses balance, which this thing has little of.
(Dec. 14, 2015  1:36 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: It certainly doesn't have good LAD. It's 90 degrees between each "edge", so it's gonna be very choppy once it looses balance, which this thing has little of.

Oh cool, litterally ninety degrees ? It would be awesome to have exact measurements for Drivers' tips, just like for Metal Fight Beyblade. And obviously I do not plan on purchasing Horusood now, so someone else will have to do it hah.
Well, I could, but I am not sure how you want me to measure it ...
Well, the angle/sharpness of the tip, how wide the 'wings' go (so just the overall width there will do), the angle of the bottom of the wings, their thickness perhaps, etc.

For the angles, having a protractor is the best, in my opinion.
I mean I can tell you right now that if you look straight down at the Driver from a bird's eye view you can easily tell that it is 90° between each wing. I still have a digital caliper from Project of the Moment: Measurement Freaks (remember that? haha) so that'll do fine I guess.

Either way, it sounds to me that it might be time for a revival of that Project of the Moment for Burst, along with any HMS, Plastics, or MFB not done.
Oh, I thought you meant that the wings 'elevated' themselves by ninety degrees, from the side, not from a bird's eye view of the tip hahah.

And yes, if you can revive it and (re)start something, that would be super appreciated.
Okay, here we are.

Quote:The Edge Driver was released as part of of the B-20 Booster [[Horusood Spread Edge]], on November 15th, 2015. It features 4 wings that form together to make a sharp bottom.

Edge often suffers from poor balance, causing it to tilt on its axis and even topple over sooner than other Drivers apart of the Beyblade Burst Series, such as [[Defense]], [[Survive]], and even [[Claw]]. Edge's wings are 90° apart, which combined with its imbalance, causes it to lose spin extremely quickly once it tilts at least x degrees (can we calculate this?) on its side while in the [[Burst BeyStadium Standard Type]]. This phenomena is happens Edge literally chops at the BeyStadium's floor.

Overall, Edge is a Driver that will likely never see competitive use, and has even become a joke among the Beyblade community.
Put a Philips Head joke in there, and it's good to go.
(Dec. 14, 2015  11:57 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Overall, Edge is a Driver that will never see competitive use, and has even become a joke among the Beyblade community.

Let's keep in mind this is a professional wiki lol
I think we should refrain from stating anything is impossible in the future.
Fair enough, I'll edit it.
People laughing at a part is definitely no encyclopedia-worthy hah.

There are several syntaxic errors somehow, notably with "apart", which, unless I am mistaken, means "separated", so you probably meant "as part of".
Anything else? Or is this good to go haha
The first part would be the introduction section of the Layer - article, so it cannot be too close to the actual description of the Driver.

Quote:The Edge Driver was released as part of the B-20 Booster [[Horusood Spread Edge]], on November 15th, 2015.

Edge features vertical 4 wings that descend toward a sharp bottom. Due to this pointy tip, it suffers from very poor balance, causing it to tilt on its axis and even topple over sooner than other Drivers from the Beyblade Burst Series, such as [[Defense]], [[Survive]], and even [[Claw]]. Edge's wings are 90° apart which, combined with its imbalance, causes it to lose spin extremely quickly once it tilts at least x degrees (can we calculate this?) on its side while in the [[Burst BeyStadium Standard Type]]. (Do the wings really cause any of this ? I would just say that they serve no purpose at all, unless they actually come in contact with the stadium floor, but that would really needed to be reworded.) This phenomena is happens Edge literally chops at the BeyStadium's floor. (This sentence makes little sense, unfortunately.)

Overall, Edge is a Driver that is too imbalanced to find use in the competitive metagame, especially since it cannot effectively use this lack of balance to destabilize the opponent either.
Wait, we can do just single parts for beywiki now? I thought it was whole beyblades only.
(Dec. 15, 2015  2:12 AM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: Wait, we can do just single parts for beywiki now? I thought it was whole beyblades only.

No, when we announced the merge of Beywiki and Beyblade Wiki, we clearly announced this new strategy as well, which allows us to clear out and approve drafts a lot faster. It also helps uniformize all descriptions for a given part because we do imports now on main Beyblade articles, so they all refer back to the same part article.

It is also written in bold in the box right at the top of the Beywiki Project forum ...
ok i just edited the edge driver draft. is there anything else you guys want me to add?
... Did you not see the edits Kai-V and I made? Theybwere quite significant.
ok nvm
Quote:The Edge Driver was released as part of the B-20 Booster [[Horusood Spread Edge]], on November 15th, 2015.

Edge features vertical 4 wings that descend toward an apex, making for a sharp bottom (does this, or a variation of this, sound good? I thought apex was a fitting description). Due to this pointy tip, it suffers from very poor balance, causing it to tilt on its axis and even topple over sooner than other Drivers from the Beyblade Burst Series, such as [[Defense]], [[Survive]], and even [[Claw]]. Edge's wings are 90° apart which, combined with its imbalance, causes it to lose spin extremely quickly once it tilts at least x degrees (is it even worth it to include this part?) on its side while in the [[Burst BeyStadium Standard Type]].

Overall, Edge is a Driver that is too imbalanced to find use in the competitive metagame, especially since it cannot effectively use this lack of balance to destabilize the opponent either.

The only thing I am not sure about is the part about it tilting, and now honestly doesn't even seem worth it to talk about. Upon reflection I am not even sure if the amount of times the wings actually scrape is significant enough to be noted.
Only you would know hah. If you notice that the wings serve no purpose at all, then write that their desired effect of stabilisation or whatever is entirely negligible.
I wouldn't put "It's the worst driver ever released as of now", just "It has no competitive use whatsoever" or something along thise lines.

Edge features vertical 4 wings that descend toward an apex, making for a sharp bottom. Due to this pointy tip, it suffers from very poor balance, causing it to tilt on its axis and even topple over sooner than other Drivers from the Beyblade Burst Series, such as [[Defense]], [[Survive]], and even [[Claw]]. Edge's wings are 90° apart which seem to have the intention of stabilization. However, this effect is negligible and possibly even is a contributing factor to this Driver's imbalance.

Okay, I fixed it up. Is this ready to go?