Beyblade Burst DB Episode #8 (May 14, 2021)

(May. 14, 2021  12:03 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: This was just sad bruh how could they just do this to my man

Jk lol but I am sad tho

I’m fine with Bell winning let’s also keep into mind that their tied in wins pretty much unless you want to count the part where Bell and Ranzo and Basara are extremely tired while Valt is still ready to go it could indicate that Valt got a few more wins but that’s just my speculation overall I’m ok with Bell winning so far I hope the anime stays consistent bc in Sparking once it hit 12 or 13 episodes the Inconsistencies started appearing I’m hopping DB doesn’t suffer that fate because I’m really enjoying it so far
Guys if your going to talk the episode please talk about it with Spoiler tabs
(May. 14, 2021  5:07 AM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Guys if your going to talk the episode please talk about it with Spoiler tabs

Sorry my bad
Overall, 8/10 for me, the battle was decent, but the episode was nothing too special.
(May. 14, 2021  8:42 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:

(May. 14, 2021  8:46 AM)i\m batman Wrote:
(May. 14, 2021  8:42 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:

I think it might be flash since the move itself is a copy of flash moves
(May. 14, 2021  8:51 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(May. 14, 2021  8:46 AM)i\m batman Wrote:
I think it might be flash since the move itself is a copy of flash moves

Yeah, more than likely it will be Flash.
Valt becoming the champion off-screen is so lame.
(May. 14, 2021  12:42 PM)g2_ Wrote: Valt becoming the champion off-screen is so lame.

Yeah him beating Aiga (and possibly Lui but that's not the topic) onscreen would be really cool.
(May. 14, 2021  12:44 PM)i\m batman Wrote:
(May. 14, 2021  12:42 PM)g2_ Wrote: Valt becoming the champion off-screen is so lame.

Yeah him beating Aiga (and possibly Lui but that's not the topic) onscreen would be really cool.
Yeah, hopefully Aiga returns with Infinite Achilles. But Yeah, I agree with you.

Yup. Everything related to the whole Valt/Aiga/Rank 1/World champion thing has been a total mess ever since that Sparking Valt bio dropped calling him the strongest blader. The writers are keeping all of it insanely vague and I doubt they even decided what the hell had happened.
I'm over the moon Valt has his World Champion title back. All the damage from Turbo has finally been reversed. I know he was #1 in Sparking but I wanted him to get his title back as well.
(May. 14, 2021  1:36 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I'm over the moon Valt has his World Champion title back. All the damage from Turbo has finally been reversed. I know he was #1 in Sparking but I wanted him to get his title back as well.
I-it still doesn't make any sense! Like, okay even if he's the actual World Champion, please, writers, can you at least show us how it happened?! Don't tell us "Remember Seasons 3 and 5? Screw that, Valt is the new best, lmao"
(May. 14, 2021  2:10 PM)PlayMaker:Axel Wrote:
(May. 14, 2021  1:36 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I'm over the moon Valt has his World Champion title back. All the damage from Turbo has finally been reversed. I know he was #1 in Sparking but I wanted him to get his title back as well.
I-it still doesn't make any sense! Like, okay even if he's the actual World Champion, please, writers, can you at least show us how it happened?! Don't tell us "Remember Seasons 3 and 5? Screw that, Valt is the new best, lmao"

Writers: Hmmmm..
....Naaaaaaaaaaah.
(May. 14, 2021  2:10 PM)PlayMaker:Axel Wrote:

Valt was Number 1 in season 5. In addition, it actually makes perfect sense for them not to show us how. A common writing principle is to show only what's necessary to move the story forward, if this was still Valt or Aiger's story, than it would make sense to show us how, but showing us that isn't relevant to Bell's story so it's acutally good writing that they didn't spend time showing us something that isn't relevant to Bell's journey.
well so far we don't really know how Valt Aoi regained the title
(May. 14, 2021  2:25 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote: well so far we don't really know how Valt Aoi regained the title

We don't really need to know. Not relevant to the story. All we need to know is that he has it.
(May. 14, 2021  2:32 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 14, 2021  2:25 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote: well so far we don't really know how Valt Aoi regained the title

We don't really need to know. Not relevant to the story. All we need to know is that he has it.

yeah but it would be nice to know how he got it back
(May. 14, 2021  2:39 PM)Pixi Wrote:
(May. 14, 2021  2:32 PM)Admiral W Wrote: We don't really need to know. Not relevant to the story. All we need to know is that he has it.

yeah but it would be nice to know how he got it back

It might be something we'd like to see, but it isn't bad writing that we didn't.
Ok, I've got a theory about the whole champion thing. I think it was a simple mistake by the anime staff. Why do I think so? Well, I have two reasons:

1. As Admiral W mentioned, the details of how Valt might have won the Champion Belt are irrelevant to the plot. I would like to add that the belt itself is irrelevant. It didn't even save Aiga in his first official match in Sparking.

2. It's not that Valt can't beat Aiga, he most definitely can. That said, I think he does not want the belt. If he really did, he would have taken it way before. Why wait three years?

Honestly, what I think they wanted to say was that Valt is the strongest, Number 1 ranked or something along those lines. That's also on his bio and makes perfect sense.
Yup. If he truly did want to take back the title and had a match, they would've showed us a flashback or sth.
(May. 14, 2021  3:00 PM)i\m batman Wrote: Ok, I've got a theory about the whole champion thing. I think it was a simple mistake by the anime staff. Why do I think so? Well, I have two reasons:

1. As Admiral W mentioned, the details of how Valt might have won the Champion Belt are irrelevant to the plot. I would like to add that the belt itself is irrelevant. It didn't even save Aiga in his first official match in Sparking.

2. It's not that Valt can't beat Aiga, he most definitely can. That said, I think he does not want the belt. If he really did, he would have taken it way before. Why wait three years?

Honestly, what I think they wanted to say was that Valt is the strongest, Number 1 ranked or something along those lines. That's also on his bio and makes perfect sense.

I don't think it was a mistake. It was very deliberately stated. It just isn't necessary to know how Valt got it back given that it isn't relevant to the plot. On a theory as to how, If you remember from last episode, when Hannah met Valt she looked up some information on her tablet that showed Valt, perhaps the article she read was about Valt wining a competition similar to the International Bladers Cup which resulted in him getting his title back.
Ok so in the international bladers cup Valt won and it was basically the world cup so that would make Valt the #1 blader in the world essentially making him the world champion but Aiger took that away from him (Twice ) essentially making Aiger world champion but Valt is still ranked #1 so being world champion technically means nothing
(May. 14, 2021  3:17 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 14, 2021  3:00 PM)i\m batman Wrote: Ok, I've got a theory about the whole champion thing. I think it was a simple mistake by the anime staff. Why do I think so? Well, I have two reasons:

I don't think it was a mistake. It was very deliberately stated. It just isn't necessary to know how Valt got it back given that it isn't relevant to the plot. On a theory as to how, If you remember from last episode, when Hannah met Valt she looked up some information on her tablet that showed Valt, perhaps the article she read was about Valt wining a competition similar to the International Bladers Cup which resulted in him getting his title back.

The picture on that article was a reused one though. I remember that very well as one of the members here has that same exact picture as their profile picture from before. They even posted on the Episode 7 thread saying they saw their pfp in the episode. Besides I do think they should have mentioned Valt being No. 1 somewhere in today's episode which iirc they didn't. That's why I think it was a mistake. Of course it is just a theory though.
(May. 14, 2021  3:29 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Ok so in the international bladers cup Valt won and it was basically the world cup so that would make Valt the #1 blader in the world essentially making him the world champion but Aiger took that away from him (Twice ) essentially making Aiger world champion but Valt is still ranked #1 so being world champion technically means nothing

Exactly, the fact that he's No. 1 is more important than whether or not he's the champion, so they should have mentioned the former.