Beyblade Burst DB Episode #50 (March 4, 2022)

(Mar. 10, 2022  4:04 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
I certainly don't disagree for most of the point that you said but like i said it lower or destroy the stakes of the finale for some or many people while yes making valt lose will be stupid but it at least amplify the Wall that bell is going to face also for this part

"In addition it was Valt's desire, not Bell's, to make Rashad understand the true meaning of Beyblade. This was set up previously and it's a central pillar of good storytelling to payoff what you set up. Also just thinking about Bell's personality, he wouldn't care about any of that so it wouldn't really fit with Bell."

Yes valt is the one that have the desire but IMO it would be more fitting for bell to show him that even tho its not on his personality to do so he could've done it like how Hyuga and hikaru inspired lean even tho hyuga and hikaru doesnt have the pesonality to do so. Also the story about bell most of people expect bell to at least got the Most/Best Achivement/s in the season and now the best Achiment is taken away on a brutal manner 3-0 sweep it just imo makes DB useless to watch rn more so than the previous one.
(Mar. 10, 2022  4:28 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2022  4:04 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
I certainly don't disagree for most of the point that you said but like i said it lower or destroy the stakes of the finale for some or many people while yes making valt lose will be stupid but it at least amplify the Wall that bell is going to face also for this part

"In addition it was Valt's desire, not Bell's, to make Rashad understand the true meaning of Beyblade. This was set up previously and it's a central pillar of good storytelling to payoff what you set up. Also just thinking about Bell's personality, he wouldn't care about any of that so it wouldn't really fit with Bell."

Yes valt is the one that have the desire but IMO it would be more fitting for bell to show him that even tho its not on his personality to do so he could've done it like how Hyuga and hikaru inspired lean even tho hyuga and hikaru doesnt have the pesonality to do so. Also the story about bell most of people expect bell to at least got the Most/Best Achivement/s in the season and now the best Achiment is taken away on a brutal manner 3-0 sweep it just imo makes DB useless to watch rn more so than the previous one.

The wall for Bell is very much up. Valt swept Rashad 3-0. Bell is not Valt, so although Valt wiped the ring with Rashad, Bell still very much has a wall to climb because he isn't Valt Aoi, the world's strongest blader. Now if there are those that feel the stakes are lowered, I'm not going to take that away from them because that's their perspective, but I don't think it's the case when you look at the bones of the story. Bell has his own obstacles to overcome. As for that comparison between Rashad and Lain, it was really Shu that helped Lain to understand the way forward, it was Shu that changed Lain not really Hikaru and Hyuga and honestly I could see them helping Lain if the chance presented itself. I'd say it would fit their personalities, not so much with Bell.

As far as what people expect from Bell, I almost guarantee that a majority of fans loved Valt's battle with Rashad and wouldn't want that changed to make Bell look better. We've had enough of that kind of treatment of legacy characters for the past few seasons. Also honestly it would do Bell some good to realize he isn't as strong as he thinks he is, and that it's ok if there are others above him.

Valt shouldn't be thrown under the bus. He deserved this win, and it's only right that he go out well. Bell will still get his rivalry with Rashad paid off.
(Mar. 10, 2022  4:51 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
I dont think rashad is really a wall for bell since both are p much an equal at this point again i feel like this convo all is about your perspective on the story so yeah i think we should stop this.
(Mar. 10, 2022  5:28 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2022  4:51 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
I dont think rashad is really a wall for bell since both are p much an equal at this point again i feel like this convo all is about your perspective on the story so yeah i think we should stop this.

I just broke down the story elements and how the arcs can be progressed to their proper conclusions. I don't think we're going to come to a meeting of the minds so yes we can stop here.