Beyblade Burst DB Episode #36 (November 26, 2021)

I actually dont like how they develop Illya, she is supposed to be trickster to everyone not keep licking high kings boot.
Yeah she definitely doesn't contribute to the plot that much anymore. Just a Rashad sidekick. She seemed like a major character for the first few episodes after her debut but after the DB tour, she's basically the next Sasha now. In the end, the only major characters in DB will be Bell, Rashad, Valt and Pain.
Why are we having such high expectations from a person? Just because she is female? Ilya is Rashad's friend. Who won't support their friend? Especially since Bell is considered pretty brash and arrogant. I think it's perfectly fine to be a supporting character like Basara and Ranzo.
(Dec. 01, 2021  4:48 PM)Vtryuga Wrote: Why are we having such high expectations from a person? Just because she is female? Ilya is Rashad's friend. Who won't support their friend? Especially since Bell is considered pretty brash and arrogant.  I think it's perfectly fine to be a supporting character like Basara and Ranzo.

I still love Rashad and Bell also used to loved illya. She should have been just rashad rival or close friend like free to valt or shu to valt, instead of servant of rashad. Her admiring Rashad are out of nowhere while Basara admiring Rashad because he helped him to get stronger and beat bell.

Even thought Valt is not my Favorite character, She is disrespecting Valt during bbq party is not great, She just talk to the most Legend of Legend member of BC Sol like it was nothing???
(Dec. 01, 2021  5:02 PM)WickedHero Wrote:
(Dec. 01, 2021  4:48 PM)Vtryuga Wrote: Why are we having such high expectations from a person? Just because she is female? Ilya is Rashad's friend. Who won't support their friend? Especially since Bell is considered pretty brash and arrogant.  I think it's perfectly fine to be a supporting character like Basara and Ranzo.

I still love Rashad and Bell also used to loved illya. She should have been just rashad rival or close friend like free to valt or shu to valt, instead of servant of rashad. Her admiring Rashad are out of nowhere while Basara admiring Rashad because he helped him to get stronger and beat bell.

Even thought Valt is not my Favorite character, She is disrespecting Valt during bbq party is not great, She just talk to the most Legend of Legend member of BC Sol like it was nothing???

I don't have any particularly strong feelings on Ilya one way or the other but I didn't like how disrespectful she was to Valt. He's a Blading Legend, the Legend of Legends, show some respect.
(Dec. 01, 2021  5:02 PM)WickedHero Wrote:

It's because Ilya got a crush on Rashad they're good friends and it's obvious why she was disrespecting Valt. She talked to the Legend of Legends who lost to Rashad last time. So, Valt being a Legend is just a title, he's weak in comparison to Rashad and Bell.
(Dec. 01, 2021  5:55 PM)Kiryu Kazuma Wrote:
(Dec. 01, 2021  5:02 PM)WickedHero Wrote: I still love Rashad and Bell also used to loved illya. She should have been just rashad rival or close friend like free to valt or shu to valt, instead of servant of rashad. Her admiring Rashad are out of nowhere while Basara admiring Rashad because he helped him to get stronger and beat bell.

It's because Ilya got a crush on Rashad they're good friends and it's obvious why she was disrespecting Valt. She talked to the Legend of Legends who lost to Rashad last time. So, Valt being a Legend is just a title, he's weak in comparison to Rashad and Bell.

How is he weak to Bell? Bell isnt that much stronger than Valt Bell himself knows That plus Valt has been beating and bursting dangerous latelty so Bell isnt stronger. The reason why Valt is battling Rashad Not Bell is also proof the team said Valt is the one who can match and has the has the chance to beat Rashad . Plus Rashad isnt that much stronger too his clearly strugling an the preview. Rashad reign isnt going to last that long as the so called strongest
I feel that we haven't seen whole of Ilya just yet. It's just my gut feeling though
(Dec. 01, 2021  5:55 PM)Kiryu Kazuma Wrote:
(Dec. 01, 2021  5:02 PM)WickedHero Wrote: I still love Rashad and Bell also used to loved illya. She should have been just rashad rival or close friend like free to valt or shu to valt, instead of servant of rashad. Her admiring Rashad are out of nowhere while Basara admiring Rashad because he helped him to get stronger and beat bell.

It's not even accurate to say he's weak compared to them. Valt was just recently running through Bell like butter. Burst dangerous over and over and just recently bursted right through it's burst lock. Bell isn't stronger than Valt. Ranzo also mentioned that of all the Bladers on their team, Valt was the only one who could take on Rashad. As for Rashad, he even doubted the results of their last battle because of the fact that Rapahel would have burst had the battle gone on any longer. Valt's status as a Legend isn't just some title.
(Dec. 01, 2021  7:32 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 01, 2021  5:55 PM)Kiryu Kazuma Wrote: It's because Ilya got a crush on Rashad they're good friends and it's obvious why she was disrespecting Valt. She talked to the Legend of Legends who lost to Rashad last time. So, Valt being a Legend is just a title, he's weak in comparison to Rashad and Bell.

It's not even accurate to say he's weak compared to them. Valt was just recently running through Bell like butter. Burst dangerous over and over and just recently bursted right through it's burst lock. Bell isn't stronger than Valt. Ranzo also mentioned that of all the Bladers on their team, Valt was the only one who could take on Rashad. As for Rashad, he even doubted the results of their last battle because of the fact that Rapahel would have burst had the battle gone on any longer. Valt's status as a Legend isn't just some title.
Yea On top of that even Though Rashad beat him in both the 1v1 and team match yet he still sees Valt as one of if not the strongest blader he still holds a lot of respect towards him knowing that Valt constantly gets stronger every time he battles. One of the main reasons he has the title “the legend of legends” is because hes the strongest blader who just keeps getting stronger.

Yes. Just because she's a female. Wanna know why?  Because we never had a strong female character in burst.. ever. So what's wrong with having high expectations from her? In fact, she's becoming a character who we can hardly love anymore. Why? Because she disrespected Valt even tho Valt took it with a grain of salt, that's just how he is. Even Phi is more lovable than Ilya because even if he destroyed everyone's bey, he didn't disrespect anyone. It was just his bloodlust, like Lui.
Thank You! Ilya should really stop being a Rashad fan girl and start being her own girl. Someone told me that she is Rashad’s friend and supports him but everyone here knows they won’t do what Ilya is doing to Rashad by sucking up to him(such a bandwagon). I also heard someone say that she still has time to grow since there are episodes left and I completely doubt that. She is pointless, trash, and even worse than Basara fanboying(IK) over Rashad.
Well, at least she is dressed decently (*looks at pyra and mythra*)
I don't really understand why ilya is being hated here she is quite unique imo she doesn't fall into the fan service category which is already a good note and to an extend her character imo is already better than all of the mfb female blader.

(Dec. 01, 2021  8:34 PM)Cath Wrote: Yes. Just because she's a female. Wanna know why?  Because we never had a strong female character in burst.. ever. So what's wrong with having high expectations from her? In fact, she's becoming a character who we can hardly love anymore. Why? Because she disrespected Valt even tho Valt took it with a grain of salt, that's just how he is. Even Phi is more lovable than Ilya because even if he destroyed everyone's bey, he didn't disrespect anyone. It was just his bloodlust, like Lui.
lets face it here this is burst getting your expectations high is already a wrong move if you are trying to enjoy the show unlike mfb or bakuten shoot. ilya disrespecting valt is already in her nature to do so she is the wild cat after all and the first time we got introduced by her she doesn't care what status you are in hack she even disrespect rashad. and lastly phi destroying everyone bey is just superbly dumb I'm not speaking for myself here.

(Dec. 01, 2021  8:51 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: Thank You! Ilya should really stop being a Rashad fan girl and start being her own girl. Someone told me that she is Rashad’s friend and supports him but everyone here knows they won’t do what Ilya is doing to Rashad by sucking up to him(such a bandwagon).
i don't really see a problem here ilya is quite literally rashad best friend and seeing her spreading rashad name isn't really sucking him up it just your usual best friend move heck even i see some of my friend does this irl
(Dec. 02, 2021  9:08 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: I don't really understand why ilya is being hated here she is quite unique imo she doesn't fall into the fan service category which is already a good note and to an extend her character imo is already better than all of the mfb female blader.

(Dec. 01, 2021  8:34 PM)Cath Wrote: Yes. Just because she's a female. Wanna know why?  Because we never had a strong female character in burst.. ever. So what's wrong with having high expectations from her? In fact, she's becoming a character who we can hardly love anymore. Why? Because she disrespected Valt even tho Valt took it with a grain of salt, that's just how he is. Even Phi is more lovable than Ilya because even if he destroyed everyone's bey, he didn't disrespect anyone. It was just his bloodlust, like Lui.
lets face it here this is burst getting your expectations high is already a wrong move if you are trying to enjoy the show unlike mfb or bakuten shoot. ilya disrespecting valt is already in her nature to do so she is the wild cat after all and the first time we got introduced by her she doesn't care what status you are in hack she even disrespect rashad. and lastly phi destroying everyone bey is just superbly dumb I'm not speaking for myself here.

(Dec. 01, 2021  8:51 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: Thank You! Ilya should really stop being a Rashad fan girl and start being her own girl. Someone told me that she is Rashad’s friend and supports him but everyone here knows they won’t do what Ilya is doing to Rashad by sucking up to him(such a bandwagon).
i don't really see a problem here ilya is quite literally rashad best friend and seeing her spreading rashad name isn't really sucking him up it just your usual best friend move heck even i see some of my friend does this irl
If you have a friend that kisses your boot to where he just disrespects everyone including your idol then that sounds like a friend that’s going to meet the wrong person someday lol but anyways I think Illya is a alright character but her cocky ness just makes her another boring Mary Sue character not even Basara acts like this half the time it’s her dissing Valt or Bell or even Ransou just to suck up to Rashad she dissed Rashad but when have you ever see her ever diss him like she does Valt and the others Rashad became a BC sol member bc of Valt he became the blader he is now bc of Valt he even made a new bey bc of Bell’s new system and Valt giving him courage  
so her disrespecting Rashads idol even when he always tells her that Valt is no slouch just makes her a lame character that just kisses a persons boot
(Dec. 01, 2021  8:34 PM)Cath Wrote:

Yes. Just because she's a female. Wanna know why?  Because we never had a strong female character in burst.. ever. So what's wrong with having high expectations from her? In fact, she's becoming a character who we can hardly love anymore. Why? Because she disrespected Valt even tho Valt took it with a grain of salt, that's just how he is. Even Phi is more lovable than Ilya because even if he destroyed everyone's bey, he didn't disrespect anyone. It was just his bloodlust, like Lui.

Wh- Destroying someone's bey intentionally isn't disrespect? And why is everyone going on about her disrespecting Valt? Characters disrespect each other all the time in Burst. Bell disrespects anyone he battles with. Imo Phi was just petty for holding a grudge because his 'inferior' brother selected a bey before him. That's why he went on a rampage.
(Dec. 02, 2021  11:37 AM)BeybladeX100 Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2021  9:08 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: I don't really understand why ilya is being hated here she is quite unique imo she doesn't fall into the fan service category which is already a good note and to an extend her character imo is already better than all of the mfb female blader.

If you have a friend that kisses your boot to where he just disrespects everyone including your idol then that sounds like a friend that’s going to meet the wrong person someday lol but anyways I think Illya is a alright character but her cocky ness just makes her another boring Mary Sue character not even Basara acts like this half the time it’s her dissing Valt or Bell or even Ransou just to suck up to Rashad she dissed Rashad but when have you ever see her ever diss him like she does Valt and the others Rashad became a BC sol member bc of Valt he became the blader he is now bc of Valt he even made a new bey bc of Bell’s new system and Valt giving him courage  
so her disrespecting Rashads idol even when he always tells her that Valt is no slouch just makes her a lame character that just kisses a persons boot

What are we supposed to expect? A character similar to Samus from Metroid? Maybe becuz the anime Writers are limited to the time limit +need to sell products(+ep limit perhaps?), that’s why she got treated so poorly. Though I get where you are coming from:Bland anime characters do suck (e.g. Corrin and Byleth)
(Dec. 02, 2021  1:28 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2021  11:37 AM)BeybladeX100 Wrote: If you have a friend that kisses your boot to where he just disrespects everyone including your idol then that sounds like a friend that’s going to meet the wrong person someday lol but anyways I think Illya is a alright character but her cocky ness just makes her another boring Mary Sue character not even Basara acts like this half the time it’s her dissing Valt or Bell or even Ransou just to suck up to Rashad she dissed Rashad but when have you ever see her ever diss him like she does Valt and the others Rashad became a BC sol member bc of Valt he became the blader he is now bc of Valt he even made a new bey bc of Bell’s new system and Valt giving him courage  

What are we supposed to expect? A character similar to Samus from Metroid? Maybe becuz the anime Writers are limited to the time limit +need to sell products(+ep limit perhaps?), that’s why she got treated so poorly. Though I get where you are coming from:Bland anime characters do suck (e.g. Corrin and Byleth)

I’m not expecting much but their are endless possibilities to add some development to her character her disrespecting Valt is just dumb considering the fact she respects Rashad and keeps sucking him off even though he got this far bc of his potential plus Valt training him and preparing him Bell is bell at least he respects Valt and was trying to respect his peers in the middle of this 3v3 tournament so this was before his big friendship with Valt not only that the only legend he only liked and was respectful too the most was Valt

Thank you, I felt like everybody is getting on Illya's case for NO REASON!!!! I don't know why people think that Illya shouldn't hype up Rashad even though that's her friend. And also, the fact people actually called Illya boring is mind boggling to me. People can clearly see that in previous episodes that  Illya is an interesting character. (What, people expected her to be some philosophical deep character like Obito, Madara, or Pain?!?!)
This is what happens when you set your expectations too high, you get disappointed and complain over stupid reasons.

Personally, i don't see an issue with Ilya. it has been stated quite a few times that she is Rashads best friend and the fact that she joined him is valid proof of that plus they have had pleasant interactions with each other, if i were in Ilya's position i would've done the same thing and joined Rashad because that's just what friends do. Having extreme expectations over her gender isn't really helping anyones case either.

Again, this is why you should never have high expectations especially when it comes to female characters like Ilya or anyone else for that matter. We should honestly be thankful she isn't being used for the sole purpose of fan-service.
A couple days late:

Ill be honest: I know I said this a couple times already, but you guys are holding Ilya up on a high pedestal. You guys expect too much from her. “Just because she’s female” — theres a lot more to a female person than being strong and whatever other criticism said anove… Im not sure if any one in this discussion is a girl like me, but I can attest that a girl’s identity is more than what people expect. I think Ilya is already unique and fine the way she is, but Im awfully intrigued that you guys dont see it

The expectation of female characters is all over the place. People will judge female characters for every single darn thing. That is what Im seeing in the Burst fandom right now. Shes not strong enough? Lets flame her for that. The way she dresses? That too. The behavior she exhibits that I totally saw before? That too. Ilya is basically like any other Beyblade character personality-wise and people are coming at her. Had any of the male characters done the thing she did, no one would bat an eye

I think Ilya is fine the way she is. Shes sticking in everyone’s mind, which is evident right now. A flat character wouldnt be debated and discussed at all. Forgive me for saying this: You guys are obsessed with the fact she is female. Stop

Edited for elaboration
Honestly, everyone has their own opinion so we shouldn't be getting all over each other just because we all think differently about Ilya I guess I'll drop my opinion of her down here. Ilya's an Interesting Character, I used to dislike her a lot but now I personally don't mind her. She has a Good Backstory being Rashad's Best Freind Hi Bestie!!. And her personality is Interesting, she's kinda sassy and seems a bit rebellious, and tries looking out for herself. And to answer the Question of Ilya's just being Rashad's Servant or She's being a Good Friend joining Rashad's Team I honestly think In My Opinion it's because she is a Good Friend. It may not seem like it but it's been established time and time again that Ilya and Rashad are really good friends and rivals and if you're Best Friend was in a Team Battle would you join them? And if you did would that make you their Servant? No, you're doing it because you're their friend and friends always support each other. Overall Ilya's an Interesting Character but she turns out to be much lower than what we expected. Like DeltaZakuro said We shouldn't set our Expectations so high to the point where we all freak out because The Character that was supposedly was supposed to change the whole Beyblade Burst Series isn't the Best Character Ever. Anyways we should lay off of each other since this is discussion is mostly opinion based so we shouldn't be getting upset with each other.
Same. The latest episode changed my opinions and made me see her in a lighter way. I used to like her until she lost to Lui because she became irrelevant after that but still it’s not like every side character is irrelevant. I admit now you guys are right since Ilya is a good character and has good development. And about people expecting too much from female characters you’re right about that.
I don’t care about the characters, just only care abt the Beyblade..... So what if the character is bland and whatever? I somehow don’t like human characters in my shows, only caring abt Pokémon, yo kai etc. so it’s perfectly fine. Our hopes were way too high and plummeted becuz let’s be real, they only have 12 min to deliver an episode(worst decision by TT), so character development probably be harder ti execute.
TT hyped her up before she even made a cameo on the show. Even Hasbro hyped her up saying that Oh She's"The First Female Blader". So it was completely normal to have very high expectations from her. But to get this after that much hype is honestly very disappointing. She was a sophisticated and unique character for the first couple of episodes and went downhill from that. You can't say she didn't go downhill from that because she's literally irrelevant now. They needed to showcase her abilities more, not just to get one point against Lui. That's why I'm disappointed over her character and you're right, having high expectations from burst is a joke now. That's why I ain't even hyped up about Pain anymore. He's already irrelevant because we kinda know what the theme and main appeal of DB is. (Kinda)

p.s. I'm not judging Ilya anymore here until we get to the end of DB. Because there's still a bunch of episodes left so it's too early to carp on her.