Beyblade Burst DB Episode #17 (July 16, 2021)

(Jul. 16, 2021  7:50 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: "Oi number #1 Valt fan I'm gonna be the one to beat Valt" =- Bell 2021

If he beats Valt I will actually be ticked
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:39 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:09 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: Oh yea ken could've definitely pop up. It just wouldnt bother me as much (still want to see ken do same with daina) but yea thats one of my issues with burst some characters don't pop up despite living an the same City or an the same club. Lol I wrote diana instead of daina hahaha

Like even in DB, it would make perfect sense that we'd see Rantaro since we were at BC Sol for so long and why wouldn't he greet his cousin Ranzo or at least come out to meet him lol.
Yea db has no exuse specially when both valt & lui fought with their sparking beys (valt won his match) so yea having Rantaro & sisco or delta appear would'nt be trouble at all. I forgot to mention how the anime cut kit vs delta which was an the manga for the european title instead delta beat a nobody of screen haha
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:54 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:50 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: "Oi number #1 Valt fan I'm gonna be the one to beat Valt" =- Bell 2021

If he beats Valt I will actually be ticked

Ticked?
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:55 PM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:54 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: If he beats Valt I will actually be ticked

Ticked?

Yeah, because Bell needs way more character growth to beat Valt
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:55 PM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:54 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: If he beats Valt I will actually be ticked

Ticked?

By ticked he/she means angry
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:56 PM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:55 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: Ticked?

Exactly (Also I'm a she) jk
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:57 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:56 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: By ticked he/she means angry

Exactly (Also I'm a she) jk

Oh okay

(Jul. 16, 2021  7:56 PM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2021  7:55 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: Ticked?

Thanks
Valt be spamming the Savior Slash button
Bell doesn't need to beat Valt period, it's getting quiet annoying for Valt to be so help less against the new main characters.
(Jul. 19, 2021  8:17 PM)g2_ Wrote: Bell doesn't need to beat Valt period, it's getting quiet annoying for Valt to be so help less against the new main characters.

I’m fine with Valt losing to the main characters at least he’s not Aiga the one that’s been getting shafted in Burst entirely to be honest crazy how you give him his own series to beat Valt then make him fish food as if he was nothing to the writer or the fans my only gripe with Bell is that he’s constantly upgrading Belial after every loss with a legend
(Jul. 19, 2021  8:17 PM)g2_ Wrote: Bell doesn't need to beat Valt period, it's getting quiet annoying for Valt to be so help less against the new main characters.

(Jul. 19, 2021  8:27 PM)BeybladeX100 Wrote:

I’m fine with Valt losing to the main characters at least he’s not Aiga the one that’s been getting shafted in Burst entirely to be honest crazy how you give him his own series to beat Valt then make him fish food as if he was nothing to the writer or the fans my only gripe with Bell is that he’s constantly upgrading Belial after every loss with a legend

As a Valt Fanboy I'm ok with Valt losing but only if the person he lost to earned it (AIGA HAD PLOT ARMOR) For example when Hikaru and Hyuga beat Valt and Rantaro I could suck that up because they deserved that win but if someone wins only because of plot armor (LOOKING AT YOU AIGA) Then I'll be upset
(Jul. 19, 2021  8:32 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:

(Jul. 19, 2021  8:27 PM)BeybladeX100 Wrote: I’m fine with Valt losing to the main characters at least he’s not Aiga the one that’s been getting shafted in Burst entirely to be honest crazy how you give him his own series to beat Valt then make him fish food as if he was nothing to the writer or the fans my only gripe with Bell is that he’s constantly upgrading Belial after every loss with a legend

As a Valt Fanboy I'm ok with Valt losing but only if the person he lost to earned it (AIGA HAD PLOT ARMOR) For example when Hikaru and Hyuga beat Valt and Rantaro I could suck that up because they deserved that win but if someone wins only because of plot armor (LOOKING AT YOU AIGA) Then I'll be upset

Fair enough but I also didn’t have a problem with Aiga beating Valt (except that first time with the dark resonance) but other then that I was ok with him if he wants to be champion and be super unbeatable be my guess bc look what happened to him after Cho-Z I question how he went from beating Valt to somehow become bottom tier

This. Can we just get another Drum situation where the protag doesn't end up beating every single legacy character in a rematch? Like, just let Bell beat Rashad for a final match and I'll be happy; he doesn't have to topple the Legends (tho I'd like some payback for his two losses against Free), you can simply show all of his growth and how each of his friends and rivals helped him get to where he is by the end of the season without having him defeat the Legend quartet- Okay I'm starting to repeat my words, I just want him to be the top of the new generation, he doesn't have to beat every single member of the cast by the time DB ends.
(Jul. 19, 2021  9:06 PM)BeybladeX100 Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2021  8:32 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: As a Valt Fanboy I'm ok with Valt losing but only if the person he lost to earned it (AIGA HAD PLOT ARMOR) For example when Hikaru and Hyuga beat Valt and Rantaro I could suck that up because they deserved that win but if someone wins only because of plot armor (LOOKING AT YOU AIGA) Then I'll be upset

Fair enough but I also didn’t have a problem with Aiga beating Valt (except that first time with the dark resonance) but other then that I was ok with him if he wants to be champion and be super unbeatable be my guess bc look what happened to him after Cho-Z I question how he went from beating Valt to somehow become bottom tier
Aiga only issue an cho z was him beating valt cause of that dark power shenaningans. His second win against valt Who should've been the win match was good he barely won it.  I personally think he should've lost his match agaisnt lui as well make him win the longinus cup but loses to lui they Shoulder injured was a perfect way to keep aiga strong. Keep that match for later take these to issues aiga cho z run is solid.
(Jul. 19, 2021  9:32 PM)PinkRose Wrote:

This. Can we just get another Drum situation where the protag doesn't end up beating every single legacy character in a rematch? Like, just let Bell beat Rashad for a final match and I'll be happy; he doesn't have to topple the Legends (tho I'd like some payback for his two losses against Free), you can simply show all of his growth and how each of his friends and rivals helped him get to where he is by the end of the season without having him defeat the Legend quartet- Okay I'm starting to repeat my words, I just want him to be the top of the new generation, he doesn't have to beat every single member of the cast by the time DB ends.
I completely agree with this view of yours. Drum not beating previous characters like Valt made him not seem like MC with plot armor compared to the Asahi Bros and Aiga. It made GT feel like Zero-G, the MC defeats new-gen bladers not old ones, which was good in my opinion. Matter of fact, Zero-G was pretty good for doing this, like Zyro didn't beat Gingka, Kyoya, Kenta, or Ryuga, which would've caused outrage if he did.
(Jul. 19, 2021  9:32 PM)PinkRose Wrote:

Honestly, this right here. Exactly this. There's no need for him to beat every single legacy character. Let him attain the heights of being the best of the new gen. I want them to leave the legacy characters alone. They can tell a good story without the Legends needing to be toppled. The Dante example is the perfect example. I'd love it if they followed that format. It avoids fan backlash and they get to tell a good story.

An example of how this can be done well, is when Dante defeated Arthur. Him defeating Arthur revealed how far he'd come as a blader, a really nice payoff of all his hard work and training. When Dante was blown away and then called out Winged Recoil and Burst Arthur, that moment gave me chills. It was a wonderful victory that showed how far he'd come. They can show the MC's advancement without the Legends needing to be beaten.

Your like a mind reader. You said everything I was thinking and feeling about this.
(Jul. 19, 2021  10:45 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2021  9:32 PM)PinkRose Wrote: This. Can we just get another Drum situation where the protag doesn't end up beating every single legacy character in a rematch? Like, just let Bell beat Rashad for a final match and I'll be happy; he doesn't have to topple the Legends (tho I'd like some payback for his two losses against Free), you can simply show all of his growth and how each of his friends and rivals helped him get to where he is by the end of the season without having him defeat the Legend quartet- Okay I'm starting to repeat my words, I just want him to be the top of the new generation, he doesn't have to beat every single member of the cast by the time DB ends.

Honestly, this right here. Exactly this. There's no need for him to beat every single legacy character. Let him attain the heights of being the best of the new gen. I want them to leave the legacy characters alone. They can tell a good story without the Legends needing to be toppled. The Dante is example the perfect example. I'd love it if they followed that format. It avoids fan backlash and they get to tell a good story.

An example of how this can be done well, is when Dante defeated Arthur. Him defeating Arthur revealed how far he'd come as a blader, a really nice payoff of all his hard work and training. When Dante was blown away and then called out Winged Recoil and Burst Arthur, that moment gave me chills. It was a wonderful victory that showed how far he'd come. They can show the MC's advancement without the Legends needing to be beaten.

Your like a mind reader. You said everything I was thinking and feeling about this.
I agree with this 100 percent like you said. do they need to beat the legend/legacy characters? Like bells main goal isnt to defeat the legends or become world champion and much as we know he just wants to make Belial stronger so he has really no reason to want to beat them other than bragging rights. The story doesnt need to to have the objective of defeating the legends like just ultimately have bell face them learn from his losses and move on until he learns to master his gears to become the best blader of his generation. I understand if he beats 1-2 but he doesnt need to beat them all. I even have a slight issue with rahsad being number 1 like when rashad becomes the badman wouldnt he be able to beat half to all the people that he goes up against? They set up the legends as the top bladers in the world to “well its episode 25-30 you know what time it is” and they just start losing without a fight really (aka up against lane) i agree that the story doesnt need to progress just by the legends losing especially without a real fight. Its honestly just about growth as a blader and the journey they had to travel to become a stronger one