Beyblade Burst DB Anime and Manga discussion

(Jun. 07, 2021  11:49 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:41 AM)Beyblade8986 Wrote: Soon Basara and Bahamut arc. I wonder how Basara will be showed
Basara beats up Blint and Boa. Steals their beys, falls off a cliff and freaking dies!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. Sadly that he have fate of Blind and Ranzo
(Jun. 07, 2021  2:22 PM)Beyblade8986 Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:49 AM)g2_ Wrote: Basara beats up Blint and Boa. Steals their beys, falls off a cliff and freaking dies!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. Sadly that he have fate of Blind and Ranzo

But Blind was pretty Op, he had Dread Vertical, Dread Gyro, and Dark Turbo (strong and awesome techniques). And he only lost to Drum and Delta, the two main characters from Gachi.
g2_ bullies? What are you talking about?

Dark red You have a good point. Blindt only ever lost to the main characters, he might actually be pretty strong. We just haven't had a chance to properly gauge his strength unfortunately.

Anyways on the actual topic of Basara, I think it will be a simple arc about him gaining confidence. Early on in the anime we saw him unsure on whether he wanted to face Bell or not due to strength issue, so making a new bey might help him feel more confident.
Hello,

It's just come to my attention that there's unnecessary drama here, and I've removed some of it from here. Please, if you can't discuss things like civil people, then take it to DM's, no need to clutter the thread with it. We should discuss things civilly though, let's not resort to name calling, let's learn to respect each others personal opinions and let's learn to criticize in a constructive manner.
(Jun. 06, 2021  7:42 PM)Instarez Wrote: Rating the anime and manga
Chapter 1: 7.5/10
Chapter 2: 8/10
Chapter 3: 8.5/10

Belial Arc: 7/10
Ranzo Arc: 6/10
Valt Arc: 6/10
Spain Arc: 7/10

I'm liking the manga a lot more right now, but the anime is entertaining. However it's a 50/50 whether it's super interesting or not, but overall consistently good. Not VERY good, but good. If we're talking Bell, I like him in the manga a bit more. They're mostly the same, which is still a big achievement considering the level of quality between the Asahi's in the manga and anime. Whoever with manga Bell it hammered home more that the whole Demon King thing is a façade. We see him growing closer to the gang and accepting complements, but I feel like where it really shines is During the Free battle. It shows that Bell has completely given up, while still acting a little cocky. Belial has to set him straight, and remind him that there is no need to get revenge against Free later. You can win the match now. The battle isn't over yet, even if there just was a Burst. This shows that in the end Bell is still just a troubled kid, even with all his blading skill. He still does need help. I also like that Belial's like a mentor to Bell in the manga.

Interesting to see that the manga (while from your words seems to have a consistent Bell in terms of character quality) shows a bit more promise than the anime. Maybe the manga won't be too superior this season, but I hope it does not turn into another Sparking.
Personally, I prefer anime Bell so far, and I don't even know why. Maybe it's because he acts a bit childish at times and gets into more shenanigans compared to the manga counterpart?
(Jun. 07, 2021  10:09 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Personally, I prefer anime Bell so far, and I don't even know why. Maybe it's because he acts a bit childish at times and gets into more shenanigans compared to the manga counterpart?

I don't read the manga but can you tell me what's the difference between manga Bell and Anime Bell
(Jun. 07, 2021  10:10 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  10:09 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Personally, I prefer anime Bell so far, and I don't even know why. Maybe it's because he acts a bit childish at times and gets into more shenanigans compared to the manga counterpart?

I don't read the manga but can you tell me what's the difference between manga Bell and Anime Bell

As far as shenanigan's go, they're about the same. He always deploys traps and stuff, and isn't afraid to do random things cause he wants to, like steal Fafnir to make a deal with Free. The only actual difference is that he's a little more fleshed out in the manga so far far, we can see him giving up and Belial has to help him. it shows more that he's actually just a normal kid that pretends to be the Demon King and not some unwavering, unbeatable blading legend.

Speaking of Sparking, it was so disappointing in some aspects. The anime only arcs were fine, but removing entire character arcs is a lot and I hope the anime writer's never go that far again. The motivation for Lane was removed, and Hikaru and Hyuga's characters arcs were also removed.
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:49 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:41 AM)Beyblade8986 Wrote: Soon Basara and Bahamut arc. I wonder how Basara will be showed
Basara beats up Blint and Boa. Steals their beys, falls off a cliff and freaking dies!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop.
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:42 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:49 AM)g2_ Wrote: Basara beats up Blint and Boa. Steals their beys, falls off a cliff and freaking dies!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop.

It's a joke. Don't get too serious
(Jun. 07, 2021  10:58 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2021  10:10 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: I don't read the manga but can you tell me what's the difference between manga Bell and Anime Bell

As far as shenanigan's go, they're about the same. He always deploys traps and stuff, and isn't afraid to do random things cause he wants to, like steal Fafnir to make a deal with Free. The only actual difference is that he's a little more fleshed out in the manga so far far, we can see him giving up and Belial has to help him. it shows more that he's actually just a normal kid that pretends to be the Demon King and not some unwavering, unbeatable blading legend.

Speaking of Sparking, it was so disappointing in some aspects. The anime only arcs were fine, but removing entire character arcs is a lot and I hope the anime writer's never go that far again. The motivation for Lane was removed, and Hikaru and Hyuga's characters arcs were also removed.

What was Lane's motivation in the manga again?
Limetka
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:10 PM)Instarez Wrote: Btw what was Lane's motivation in the manga? I know Lane's motivation in the anime but I was clueless on what his deal was in the manga.

Oh it's pretty simple. Essentially Lane was working hard for Shu. However he still had some faults like we saw in the anime when he slipped. But he wanted to become perfect. However Shu himself says he was to hard at Lane. The guilt was slowly eating away at Lane and it made him want to be absolutely perfect. So to do so he manifested Flare. It's a form of resonance, the one every blader has. Essentially when he wins, he gets stronger. So now he has a surefire way to get stronger, and is now going to challenge the strongest people he can find. Then in turn, he will get a major power boost.
Well few days are left till Dynamite Belial vs Vanish Fafnir

In Sparking Lean had weird motivation
In terms of which is better anime bell or manga bell i'd say anime bell is better just for now. the reason is #1 he makes friends in a more natural way unlike the manga where they rushed thing (ik it's because of the pages but still) #2 he acts less like a brat in the anime, my first reaction when hearing about bell being a sore loser in the manga just makes me instantly like the anime version more.
(Jun. 08, 2021  3:49 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: In terms of which is better anime bell or manga bell i'd say anime bell is better just for now. the reason is #1 he makes friends in a more natural way unlike the manga where they rushed thing (ik it's because of the pages but still) #2 he acts less like a brat in the anime, my first reaction when hearing about bell being a sore loser in the manga just makes me instantly like the anime version more.

Wait Bell is #1 in the world?
(Jun. 08, 2021  1:02 PM)Instarez Wrote: Limetka
(Jun. 07, 2021  11:10 PM)Instarez Wrote: Btw what was Lane's motivation in the manga? I know Lane's motivation in the anime but I was clueless on what his deal was in the manga.

Oh it's pretty simple. Essentially Lane was working hard for Shu. However he still had some faults like we saw in the anime when he slipped. But he wanted to become perfect. However Shu himself says he was to hard at Lane. The guilt was slowly eating away at Lane and it made him want to be absolutely perfect. So to do so he manifested Flare. It's a form of resonance, the one every blader has. Essentially when he wins, he gets stronger. So now he has a surefire way to get stronger, and is now going to challenge the strongest people he can find. Then in turn, he will get a major power boost.

Alright, so I just finished reading the latest volume. I don't really agree with you about Lane though. There is no mention of him trying to become perfect. Obviously he did try to become stronger but it certainly wasn't to please Shu either, so idk what you mean about the guilt (if you have some panels to support your theory and prove me wrong, pls post them though!)

IMO: Just like in the anime, his goal was pretty weak. In the manga it's shown that his biggest goal is understanding flare. And he does that by battling Hyuga. But, it was never shown to us readers what that means so I still have no idea what the hell flare is so yeah... not a fan of this development. 

I do agree with you about the brothers being much better in the manga though and they made me glad I read this. Getting rid of the 2v2 battles and focusing first on Hikaru climbing the ranks and then switching the focus to Hyuga worked very well. Manga Hyuga is also capable of actual conversations instead of doing weird sounds, and Hikaru overcoming some tough spots made me like him a lot more. The anime definitely did them a disservice. 

Overall, while the manga did ignore the legends even more than the anime, it focused on the MCs a lot more in-depth. I like it for that.
(Jun. 08, 2021  3:57 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  1:02 PM)Instarez Wrote: Limetka

Alright, so I just finished reading the latest volume. I don't really agree with you about Lane though. There is no mention of him trying to become perfect. Obviously he did try to become stronger but it certainly wasn't to please Shu either, so idk what you mean about the guilt (if you have some panels to support your theory and prove me wrong, pls post them though!)

IMO: Just like in the anime, his goal was pretty weak. In the manga it's shown that his biggest goal is understanding flare. And he does that by battling Hyuga. But, it was never shown to us readers what that means so I still have no idea what the hell flare is so yeah... not a fan of this development. 

I do agree with you about the brothers being much better in the manga though and they made me glad I read this. Getting rid of the 2v2 battles and focusing first on Hikaru climbing the ranks and then switching the focus to Hyuga worked very well. Manga Hyuga is also capable of actual conversations instead of doing weird sounds, and Hikaru overcoming some tough spots made me like him a lot more. The anime definitely did them a disservice. 

Overall, while the manga did ignore the legends even more than the anime, it focused on the MCs a lot more in-depth. I like it for that.
All of his motivations was dumped into Shu’s speech right before he fights Lane in the rematch. You have to translate it. But yes, they do develop the brothers a lot more.
(Jun. 08, 2021  5:04 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  3:57 PM)Limetka Wrote: Alright, so I just finished reading the latest volume. I don't really agree with you about Lane though. There is no mention of him trying to become perfect. Obviously he did try to become stronger but it certainly wasn't to please Shu either, so idk what you mean about the guilt (if you have some panels to support your theory and prove me wrong, pls post them though!)

All of his motivations was dumped into Shu’s speech right before he fights Lane in the rematch. You have to translate it. But yes, they do develop the brothers a lot more.
Sorry mate but I'm not seeing it. Shu talks about his regrets and that his way of teaching Lane was wrong but there's nothing about Lane's motivation.
(Jun. 08, 2021  5:19 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  5:04 PM)Instarez Wrote: All of his motivations was dumped into Shu’s speech right before he fights Lane in the rematch. You have to translate it. But yes, they do develop the brothers a lot more.
Sorry mate but I'm not seeing it. Shu talks about his regrets and that his way of teaching Lane was wrong but there's nothing about Lane's motivation.

That’s exactly it. Shu directly says “I knew it was me....” His harsh teaching pushed Lane to obtain power. It’s Shu’s fault, he’s the reason why Lane wants more power. Then he manifests Flare. Flare is a straightforward way of getting power. Beat someone, get stronger. So that is why he is seeking out strong people to fight.
(Jun. 08, 2021  5:43 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  5:19 PM)Limetka Wrote: Sorry mate but I'm not seeing it. Shu talks about his regrets and that his way of teaching Lane was wrong but there's nothing about Lane's motivation.

That’s exactly it. Shu directly says “I knew it was me....” His harsh teaching pushed Lane to obtain power. It’s Shu’s fault, he’s the reason why Lane wants more power. Then he manifests Flare. Flare is a straightforward way of getting power. Beat someone, get stronger. So that is why he is seeking out strong people to fight.

But Lane clearly had Flare even before he met Shu.
(Jun. 08, 2021  5:59 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  5:43 PM)Instarez Wrote: That’s exactly it. Shu directly says “I knew it was me....” His harsh teaching pushed Lane to obtain power. It’s Shu’s fault, he’s the reason why Lane wants more power. Then he manifests Flare. Flare is a straightforward way of getting power. Beat someone, get stronger. So that is why he is seeking out strong people to fight.

But Lane clearly had Flare even before he met Shu.

They never show that in the manga. We never see him before he met Shu. The earliest Lane we see is training with Shu.
(Jun. 08, 2021  6:09 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  5:59 PM)Limetka Wrote: But Lane clearly had Flare even before he met Shu.

They never show that in the manga. We never see him before  he met Shu. The earliest Lane we see is training with Shu.

In the anime he talks about Flare when he first meets Shu. There's no reason to assume it's different in the manga, especially since it isn't mentioned when he got it.
(Jun. 08, 2021  7:49 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  6:09 PM)Instarez Wrote: They never show that in the manga. We never see him before  he met Shu. The earliest Lane we see is training with Shu.

In the anime he talks about Flare when he first meets Shu. There's no reason to assume it's different in the manga, especially since it isn't mentioned when he got it.

Ironically, Sparking is the anime season the differs the most from the manga. Anything that’s not directly stated can be assumed to be false in the Manga Canon. Plus they don’t need to state how he got his Flare. If you simply pay attention it is obvious. Flare is a type of Resonance. Resonance always exists. Different types of Resonance manifest depending on emotions. Same thing every time. Nothing different with Lane.

On paper going into that extra bit of detail would make sense, but that would just be talking about how Resonance works as if they didn't have an entire series dedicated to it. They've made it clear that Shu's harsh training pushed Lane to get more power. We know he wants to get power because he manifested Flare. Flare is literally just a means to obtain power. He could've gotten something different if he wanted something different. Flare made him go crazy and he changed. Simple enough I think. After this he's obbssesed with fighting Powerful people to gain more power. This also is evidence towards him seeking to obtain power after his harsh training with Shu. Why would he willing go an use Flare to get power if that wasn't his goal?
Episode 14 Saber Valkyrie. Episode 15 Roar Bahamut. Episode 16 Rashad vs Valt
(Jun. 08, 2021  7:49 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  6:09 PM)Instarez Wrote: They never show that in the manga. We never see him before  he met Shu. The earliest Lane we see is training with Shu.

Instarez is right, information is not necessarily canonical based on the fact that it isn't outright disproven, rather is it canonical based on what actually confirms it so as it stands, Lane did not have flare before he met Shu in the manga (assuming Instarez was actually right about that, I haven't read the manga).

Nonetheless, still don't know if mango Lane makes sparking look better than DB in my eyes.