Beyblade 2000 - Italian with English Subtitles

Thanks to my sleepless hours, I was able to complete the subtitles for the first episode of the first season of Bakuten Shoot. Despite the initial speed of translation and subtitling, I would not count less than a year for the full season to be translated. I would like to release one episode a week, but I'm not giving this a hard timetable.

The Italian version is notably better than the English one, being much closer in many regards to the original.

For now, I'm favouring Youtube as the medium of release, so I can quickly apply changes and corrections to the subtitles whenever errors are found, and I'm sure there will be.

Enjoy, and don't shy away from pointing out any mistakes or clumsy subtitles.

Episode 01 La sfida -- The Challenge
Episode 02 Il drago azzurro -- The Blue Dragon
Episode 03 Un nuovo amico -- A New Friend
[...]
Episode 07 La finale nazionale -- The National Final
Episode 08 Si parte -- Here We Go
[...]
Episode 39 Uniti si vince -- United We Stand
Oh their god the English dub is so horrible compared to this; I watched it right after this one and cannot believe that I even became interested in Beyblade with that dub ...

I am so grateful that you have begun this formidable achievement hah. However, I do care about your wellbeing : is there any chance we could request specific episodes to be subbed in priority, or do you really want to follow the chronology ?

Thank you so, so much.
It might be because French, while being as terrible in terms of script (it was probably translated from English), never failed as much in the voice acting department. It's still a shame most of the episodes are probably lost forever.

I think it would be interesting to have subtitles for all episodes at some point, but how we get there doesn't matter much to me. So, request away and without fear. And I'm glad you (and maybe others) are enjoying it.
I actually discovered Beyblade in English, as part of an assignment to watch television in English for immersion, hah. The French dub came later and it was just as bad hah.

Awesome, no matter in which order you want to sub them, I will be very excited when you release episodes : 7 (and perhaps 8), 40 to 46, and 48. For slightly obvious reasons hah.
Is my idea about using these subs for the Japanese version too crazy to consider? :')

Looking forward to watch this when I have time! (Work trip ... ugh)
If there's a way to automatically set back every subtitles by ~30 seconds, sure. Otherwise, it's just too much unnecessary work. Besides, the Italian voice acting is overall superb, and I doubt I need to sell how good the Italian language sounds in general.

And I get you, Kai-V, but I would also add episode 49 as interesting for the character, not to mention 36 and 39. That side-remark might benefit from a wink to indicate levity and understanding, but hrgh.
Sorry, I'm just weaboo scum.
So long as you stay within reasonable distance, I'm willing to accept your devious penchant.

You can also download the subtitle file and sub the Japanese version at your convenience, thereby saving me from interacting with filthy Japanese culture.
Episode 02 is up. Next on schedule is 07.

If others want to request episodes, I will rotate between requests to let everyone have a chance to get their episode sooner. Episodes with more than one requests will take priority.
Another awesome set of subtitles, this story is so interesting and great to litterally rediscover hah. Thank you again.

I was going by memory with the episodes I listed, but I trust you with the others you mentioned, hah.
Nice work Nocto !

The original OSTs of the original serie make it look way more serious than the french version.
(Sep. 16, 2015  3:32 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Is my idea about using these subs for the Japanese version too crazy to consider? :')

I was about to ask about this. That's what we have been doing with the Zero G manga, translating from French and putting it over the Japanese raws. If you give me the subtitle files for each episode, I could try to make some magic happen?
Nocto knows how to apply the subtitles to the Japanese episodes, and he already did it for episode one : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Random-B...pid1285247
Please send me the subtitles, and I'll make soft subs. I'll even time the Opening and Ending themes. A friend of mine Bluesun from the moonlighters will translate the OP and ED and previews.
I was thinking more on this, and doesn't the Italian dub have the same exact changes to it that the English dub has? So if we're just using the subs from the Italian dub, wouldn't it just be easier to transcribe the English dub and then put those transcriptions in as subs? If anyone is up to it, we can get a group of people going through the series transcribing episodes. So let's say we have 5 people transcribing, then each of them only has to do 10 episodes per season. Then we'll have someone QC them and revert all of the names and terminology to the original Japanese versions, then have a timer put them in as soft subs.

If anyone is open to doing this, we could finally have all of Bakuten Shoot and Metal Fight subbed so that we don't have to listen to those awful dub voices that we all love. I'm willing to help out.

@[DranzerX13] @[Bey Brad] What are your thoughts on this idea?
Spanish, French, German, Portuguese use the Nelvana masters and use the English dub script. The Italian dub uses the Japanese masters and use their own script. There are no edits in the Italian version for the episode itself.

The Italian version does not have those awful edits, cuts, puns, censoring like the Nelvana versions do. The Italian version uses the original music as well. The English dub doesn't use the original music. Also, Brad Best, Aj Topper, Dizzi do not exist in the original Japanese version or Italian version, only in the Nelvana dubs.
(Sep. 30, 2015  6:16 AM)DranzerX13 Wrote: Spanish, French, German, Portuguese use the Nelvana masters and use the English dub script. The Italian dub uses the Japanese masters and use their own script. There are no edits in the Italian version for the episode itself.

The Italian version does not have those awful edits, cuts, puns, censoring like the Nelvana versions do. The Italian version uses the original music as well. The English dub doesn't use the original music. Also, Brad Best, Aj Topper, Dizzi do not exist in the original Japanese version or Italian version, only in the Nelvana dubs.

You know what, I completely forgot about those cut-ins. In that case, what are the possibilities of having some members from the Italian boards transcribe their version of the show and then someone translate them and we go from there?

At the very least, we could transcribe the English episodes from Metal Fusion on.
I already have someone that's going to fix the Italian script and correct all the wrong lines so it perfectly matches the Japanese dialogue.
(Sep. 30, 2015  6:27 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2015  6:16 AM)DranzerX13 Wrote: Spanish, French, German, Portuguese use the Nelvana masters and use the English dub script. The Italian dub uses the Japanese masters and use their own script. There are no edits in the Italian version for the episode itself.

You know what, I completely forgot about those cut-ins. In that case, what are the possibilities of having some members from the Italian boards transcribe their version of the show and then someone translate them and we go from there?

(Sep. 30, 2015  7:13 AM)Wizard Wrote: Fixed, and good call. I will definitely be able to work on this without it affecting the manga project. . .

What exactly do you think I'm doing? Legitimately curious.

Episode 07 should be there by Sunday; I had other things keeping me busy last week.

DranzerX13, you should have received my private message.
(Sep. 30, 2015  10:23 PM)Nocto Wrote: What exactly do you think I'm doing? Legitimately curious.

Exactly that but with Italian.
Episode 07 uploaded. Next is episode 08.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays. Time for me to disappear right back from whence I came.
Thank you for the subs.
The Italian dub is very good; a shame that the U.S. didn't get the same treatment.
Is it Kai or Kei? Sometimes it alternates.
They pronounce it like "Kei" sometimes in Italian, but it is definitely Kai.

Clearly I am going to watch some of these during the rest of the winter holidays. Thank you so much for continuing with these subtitles.
Episode 08 uploaded. Next is 39.

Once again, I remind people I will rotate between requests should there be more than one.
Episode 39 uploaded.

Given that the original Japanese version is now getting translated and subtitled, that the remainder of Kai-V's requests are getting subtitled first and that you are all probably more interested in the Japanese episodes anyway, I will resume the chronological order. Therefore, next up is episode 03.