BeyBlade Character Similarites to other characters from other Franchises

(Sep. 10, 2008  2:04 AM)J.P. Black Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2008  11:03 PM)Grey Wrote: I mean, seriously, no 12-year old (or even 14-year old) should be emo, they have no good reason.

Well, Kai shouldn't.
Well, Manga Kai. BAAAW MY DADDY LOVES SPINNING TOPS MORE THAN ME

Anime Kai is slightly more understandable. Slightly.

ugh i get furious when anyone types the word "BAWWWWWW"

really everyone who says it is usually a complete prick
Sasuke doesnt have a reason to be emo? Right....um lets see who else is there...i THINK Inou/Orihime from bleach...thats all i can think of.
(Sep. 10, 2008  2:16 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Sasuke doesnt have a reason to be emo?

Sasuke Uchiha has every right to be emo. He walked in on his dead parents, for carp's sake.

The problem is Naruto's writing in general. Sasuke's backstory is so over the top, it's hard to feel sympathy for him. Really, the only characters capable of mustering up any form of sadness are Naruto and Tsunade. And maybe Gaara.
(Sep. 10, 2008  5:07 AM)J.P. Black Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2008  2:16 AM)Gotruto Wrote: Sasuke doesnt have a reason to be emo?

Sasuke Uchiha has every right to be emo. He walked in on his dead parents, for f**k's sake.

The problem is Naruto's writing in general. Sasuke's backstory is so over the top, it's hard to feel sympathy for him. Really, the only characters capable of mustering up any form of sadness are Naruto and Tsunade. And maybe Gaara.

May we get back on topic/talk how Kenny looks like otacon?
J.P, he walked in on his dead parents WHO WERE KILLED BY HIS BROTHER...
He definitely has a right to be emo... that, or a psycotic serial-killer...

Also, personality-wise, I think Kai=Vegeta=Sasuke
What do you all think?
nah vegeta has too many anger issues to be Kai. how about Kenny = Izzy (Was this already said?) they have the same personality.

Looks wise, kenny kinda reminds me of Tai. mainly the Hair/goggles.
Takao's design was obviously based upon Optimus Prime, and stands for the pride of the USA.
(Sep. 11, 2008  2:25 AM)Tao Wrote: Takao's design was obviously based upon Optimus Prime, and stands for the pride of the USA.

NO
OPTIMUS PRIME IS UP ON THIS LEVEL.

TAKAO IS ALL THE WAY DOWN HERE.
...only the color scheme....
(Sep. 11, 2008  2:33 AM)Gotruto Wrote: ...only the color scheme....

i stand by what i stated.
i dont blame you. except that i was never a transformers fan. But Takao is still very low on the chart.
(Sep. 11, 2008  2:25 AM)Tao Wrote: Takao's design was obviously based upon Optimus Prime, and stands for the pride of the USA.

Erm, Takao is a Japanese blader, created by a Japanese author/artist. So, why would he stand for the pride of another country?
(Sep. 11, 2008  5:30 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote:

Erm, Takao is a Japanese blader, created by a Japanese author/artist. So, why would he stand for the pride of another country?

Sarcasm ...
Oh, lol, erm sorry... XD
Thread is now officially about this game.

This may or may not come as a surprise, but Takao is the overpowered character here.
Takao is Stronger than Optimus Prime in a FIGHTING game? Thats Not POSSIBLE!
It's a game with giant robots, a boy with a top, some bomber things, Solid Snake, and a bunch of other nameless characters.

The fact that the boy with a spinning top is the most powerful character is probably the least confusing thing about it.
(Sep. 12, 2008  1:40 PM)revertedtozero Wrote: JP, can we go back on topic, AGAIN PLEASE?

if you want people to stay on topic, make a topic with more discussion value
Kai is Soundwave, and Shockwave's love child.
So, pretty much like the show then...
The majority of Shonen series have similar characters to some extent. In these series, both physical and non-physical characterization is extremely formulaic. The worst offenders are merchandise-driven series like beyblade. Since these series market a product, they are made to be as acessible and universally attractive as possible, hence the lack of innovation and overuse of "template" characters.
Erm, locking this, since it's been dead for a while...that, and it wasn't worth much for discussion in the first place...:-/

So, yeah.