Bey Philosopher|Rock Giraffe R145WB Article

System: Metal Fight Beyblade
Type: Defense

Face: Giraffe

The Face on this Beyblade depicts Camelopadalis, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Giraffe

Weight: 2.8 grams
The Giraffe Clear Wheel is primarily an oval shaped piece. It was released in a transparent yellow-green color scheme, with pieces of orange on it to represent a giraffe. On the ends, it features two Giraffe heads sticking out.

Metal Wheel: Rock

Weight: 31.4 grams
Rock has six large protrusions with small, shallow gaps between each one. It also overhangs the Track much like the original Leone Metal Wheel, although to a smaller extent.

In terms of defensive use, Rock as wheel is severely outclassed. Despite its weight which is quite decent for defense (Mold 3), the contact points Rock has causes a massive amount of recoil. The gaps between each protrusion leaves it vulnerable to strong hits. Defensively, it is outperformed by the likes of Earth and Libra. However, because of the protrusions it does have, Rock is somewhat useful for Smash Attack, and can be used to relative success in conjunction with a Metal Face to lessen its recoil.

IMPORTANT: Mold Variations
Rock has 3 different Molds: 0 Cylinders (31.4 grams), 3 Cylinders (32.6 grams), and 6 Cylinders (32.7 grams). The 0 Cylinder Mold is only available from Takara Tomy products, while the 3 and 6 Cylinder Molds are available from both Takara Tomy and Hasbro products. The more Cylinders, the less Recoil. The 6 Cylinder Mold has the most Stamina of the three, due to the weight of the Cylinders carrying the momentum around the outside of the wheel. It is also superior to the other Molds, in terms of attack, and defense.

Use in Attack Customization
Rock's recoil can be put to use in the Attack custom, MF Rock(6 Cylinder Mold) Leone CH120 RF. It is a very decent Smash Attacker, that provides passable results against top tier Defensive beyblades.

Track: Rubber 145

Weight: 4.7 grams
The track, R145, is an interesting piece. The main piece is black, and the rubber surrounding it is colored red, like many other numerous rubber parts. In terms of appearance, the Rubber on the track greatly resembles a shape similar to WD145, as it has three protrusions. The track is for defensive purposes, as the Rubber is meant to absorb hits. It is also one of the heaviest tracks, which can be useful for defense as well.

However, the heavy weight of R145 does not fully make up for its recoil, due to the contact points and gaps between each protrusions, which is relatively wide. These gaps also affect its shock absorption. Because of this, it is slightly outclassed in defense by GB145 and 230. Another problem is that its shape causes a massive decrease of spin velocity when it scrapes the stadium floor. Though, the heavy weight it does have still makes it a useful defensive part, and can be used as an alternative to the tracks mentioned above. The Recoil, can work in favor of either beys. Also, in further testing, R145 has also been able to find a home in Attack combos, as the Recoil, like said above, can effect both beys.

Use in Defensive Customization
R145 can be used in the defensive combo, MF-H Earth Bull R145RS. The weight of R145 is able help boost this combo's performance, and add smash to deflect hits.

Use in Attack Customization
Gravity Perseus R145RF (Counter Mode, Right Spin) is good combo to use R145's recoil and smash ability to good use.

Bottom: Wide Ball

Weight: 0.7 grams
WB is essentially the same as Ball, with the difference being that it is "Wide", hence its name. Because of its wider nature, surface area with the stadium floor is increased, thus causing the friction to be increased, making it harder to knockout. However, the wider surface area makes it move around faster, causing its chances of being knocked out higher, actually, which is why it is more effective when launched at 80% power.

WB used to be "widely" considered the best Defense bottom when launched at 80% power with a Beylauncher. It has since been outclassed by the like of RS, RSF, and CS. Although through testing, WB has shown potential as a destabilizing bottom, SF, FS, and WF are better options.

Other Versions
  • BB-86 Poison Giraffe S130MB

Overall
Rock Giraffe R145WB consists of outclassed parts. Even R145, the main reason to buy this bey, still does not make up for the lack of currently competitive parts this Bey has. With this being said, Rock Giraffe R145WB should not be at the top of your purchase list, and should only be bought for collection purposes.

OkiBlaze created an article which I knew before pressing Post Thread, as I looked to see if there were any unfinished drafts. If the OkiBlaze draft is better then mine, feel free to report/close this thread.
I like/Love it.

Very good.
This is very well done, although in the R145 section you said it's the heaviest track. Isn't BD145 the heaviest? Other than that, G'job, mate!! (and yes I am Australian lol)
Yep. BD145 is The Heaviest.

G'Draft Mate. Yep Im Australian Too.
I liked it but your putting to much emphases on the fact that it is "outclassed" the fact that it's parts can no longer be put to use in top tier combinations doesn't mean it's not a worth while buy! it can still be used competitively!
other wise it is a VERY good article Smile
Well, if it is outclassed, then why would you by it for the intent of using the pieces competitively? Rock is outclassed in terms of Defense and Attack, and R145 is outclassed in Defense, thus leaving it to Attack, in which a D125 GP combo is better than a R145 GP combo. WB is outclassed in Defense, so, any combo you make using one of these parts would have a lower chance of winning against anything that is not weak, or rather, better than decent.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback though.
BUMP. It's amazing how far down this thread got. Anyway, any other suggestions?
In the use in attack customizations, you can also put MF Rock Bull H145RF, it is a recoil attacker which is top tier in the Italian Metagame.
(Mar. 08, 2011  6:39 AM)Ray Unicorno. Wrote: In the use in attack customizations, you can also put MF Rock Bull H145RF, it is a recoil attacker which is top tier in the Italian Metagame.

It was recently taken off.
(Mar. 08, 2011  7:27 AM)Ray Unicorno. Wrote: Whatever, but it is still good.

Replacing H145 with R145 is much better.
Dang it! I just posted an article about that SAME BEYBLADE, and now I see your artuicle, WHICH IS MUCH BETTER THAN MINE! (I congradulate myself for my slowness.)

No hard feelings though. Like I said yours is MUCH better than mine.
Other Versions : BB-86 Poison Giraffe S130MB....you forgot that
The draft is awesome!!! But, doesn't the rapid movement of WB make it a good attack type? I ask this as I am using it right now in an attack custom, Storm Pegasus 105 WB...

This is not a suggestion, its a question... If the answer is that its good for attack, then its a suggestion.
No but WB is good for destabilisers.
Oh! Thanks for the reply... So, can you give some examples of destabilisers in which you can use WB.... It will help the thread for WB- Use in customizations part.
So you mean Rock Giraffe R145WB is not worth buying? Even for R145? R145 has found its use in MF Gravity Perseus R145RF. Read Nojo's topic on MF Gravity Perseus R145RF. I think its worth buying, as it comes with Rock, a decent attack wheel, WB, a good destabilising tip. Giraffe, a good Clear Wheel for attack such as Vulcan Giraffe. R145, a decent Defense Track and a good attack track.
Azlanslayer Doesn't RF make Gravity Perseus an attack type in the combo? R145 has got weight and rubber to absorb hits and sometimes recoil.... So, when used for attack with RF, it gives good, but slow attack... the attack is quite good as most recoil is absorbed by the rubber... Still, I dont think its a good buy and also, I kind of dont understand Nojo's combo.... is it an attack or defense combo?
Quote:Use in Attack Customization
Rock's recoil can be put to use in the Attack custom, MF Rock(6 Cylinder Mold) Leone CH120 RF. It is a very decent Smash Attacker, that provides passable results against top tier Defensive beyblades.
it should say ", that provides passive results against top tier defense combos.
(Mar. 13, 2011  2:26 PM)janpegasus Wrote: Azlanslayer Doesn't RF make Gravity Perseus an attack type in the combo? R145 has got weight and rubber to absorb hits and sometimes recoil.... So, when used for attack with RF, it gives good, but slow attack... the attack is quite good as most recoil is absorbed by the rubber... Still, I dont think its a good buy and also, I kind of dont understand Nojo's combo.... is it an attack or defense combo?

Attack, its heavy, but still fast if you execute the launch correctly Tongue_out
A D125 combo for Gravity Perseus would be a better option than a R145 combo.
Where there tests to prove that? Anyways, it belongs to personal opinion.