Battleship Film

Wow.

This was the last Hasbro franchise I'd expect to be made into a film.... besides, maybe, Yahtzee(It'll comeTongue_out). But this actually looks pretty awesome, I mean for guys who love Transformers and stuff like that. And in case your checking out a trailer, that is Rihanna. Maybe she'll make a song for the filmXD. Talk about this movie here!
I heard about this movie a few months ago when it was announced that she was filming for it before some music award... the whole thing sounds like a terrible idea, and if anyone yells "you sunk my battleship" in the movie, I think my head will literally explode.
I've been told by some that the script for this thing is literally one of the worst things Hollywood has ever pumped out.
That really isn't too difficult to believe, especially if they managed to grab "top hollywood name actress" Rihanna for it.

I expect it to go down not unlike a really awful Made For TV B-Movie with B+ special effects and D- acting/script, because they had literally nothing to base this movie on more than "You sank my battleship!".

Some things do not translate well into movies. A lot of things.

Most things.
Movie's got a enormous budget, and ILM attached. The special effects will be nice. Everything else? Hahaha... Marketing has pushed this to audiences as basically a Transformers film. This will be the ultimate test to see if audiences can withstand 2+ hours of clanging metal two years in a row. I know I can't.
This movie Is going to be the US Navy's response to Battle LA. The trailer made that obvious withe the CH-53E Super Stalion that gets shot dow with MARINES on the side in bold letters. I'm going to watch tjis just so I can have a good laugh at the theater. My favorite part is the fact that they show an alien on board a ship fighting with the Marines nowhere to be seen. Battle LA works without the Navy, but Battleship can't work without the Marines. Yes I'm a Marine so I'm biased , but I work with the Navy on andailey basis, and I know for a fact that they aren't trained for CQC on a ship.
(Apr. 02, 2012  5:55 AM)Thresher Wrote: This movie Is going to be the US Navy's response to Battle LA. The trailer made that obvious withe the CH-53E Super Stalion that gets shot dow with MARINES on the side in bold letters. I'm going to watch tjis just so I can have a good laugh at the theater. My favorite part is the fact that they show an alien on board a ship fighting with the Marines nowhere to be seen. Battle LA works without the Navy, but Battleship can't work without the Marines. Yes I'm a Marine so I'm biased , but I work with the Navy on andailey basis, and I know for a fact that they aren't trained for CQC on a ship.

Your one of these?
http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/ima...171981.jpg
Jokes aside, this is sounding like a pretty terrible money making movie- I'ts a cash grab, the big budget is for good graphics and effects, the script and the story line will likely be terrible. It's probably going to be a movie with similar ratings to Gulliver's travels, seriously that movie was terrible to everyone except a group of preps ( youngest schoolchildren in Australia- Victoria). I hate hating, but this movie will 99% percent chance not be worth watching unless your def.
(Apr. 02, 2012  6:58 AM)HΩmmer Hade§™ Wrote: Your one of these?
http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/ima...171981.jpg

I said Marine not Space Marine.
[Image: 194706_308970842470437_100000725720799_1...9615_o.jpg]
If this movie makes bank (which could happen) I wonder how fast Universal will put their other Hasbro licenses into production.

This kind of sounds ridiculous, but a Monopoly movie could work on a Wall Street type setting, and Clue made the jump to live action quite spectacularly in the past. I'd be cool so see how some things would work, as with toy properties you're just given the pieces, and what you do with them is completely up to the writer. There isn't really any sort of strict bible you must adhere to, just loose concepts. It could make for some amazingly bad, and amazingly inventive films. Battleship appears to fall on the former.
(Apr. 02, 2012  5:15 PM)To Wrote: If this movie makes bank (which could happen) I wonder how fast Universal will put their other Hasbro licenses into production.

This kind of sounds ridiculous, but a Monopoly movie could work on a Wall Street type setting, and Clue made the jump to live action quite spectacularly in the past. I'd be cool so see how some things would work, as with toy properties you're just given the pieces, and what you do with them is completely up to the writer. There isn't really any sort of strict bible you must adhere to, just loose concepts. It could make for some amazingly bad, and amazingly inventive films. Battleship appears to fall on the former.

You just made me realize that I would watch a Monopoly movie, but only if the main character goes to prison, and uses a "Get out of jail, FREE!" card.
(Apr. 02, 2012  1:37 AM)To Wrote: This will be the ultimate test to see if audiences can withstand 2+ hours of clanging metal two years in a row. I know I can't.

As for me, I'm a huge Transformers fan and hardly even blinked during all 3 films. So watching this won't be too hard for me.
It's not gonna be like that, It's about a guy, who captains a battle ship and there are what seems like Alien ships invading the earth and he must battle the alien ships. Seems really stupid. It makes no sense, make a movie based on a board game. Make Sorry Sliders next. Or better yet, Apples to Apples. Honestly, WHY? It makes no sense, the story makes barely a connection. I don't know who provided the money for this. If this movie is good and makes money(bank), I will consider this movie the luckiest thing ever. I want to see it, just to see if it really was worth the money, or just a flunk. Universal, I love most of your ideas, but this does not seem like one.
Am I the only one looking forward to this at all? It is however a stupid thing to base it on. I mean even without the being based on the game it could still be called Battleship and be fine.
The majority of the trailer for me was just "So, is this another transformers?" The answer came to me in the last few seconds of the trailer, when I realized it wasnt. Then the words "Battleship" were shown, and I was like, "Wtf, THIS is gonna be a movie?"

I will see it, because it is an interesting concept. I garuntee I wont like it alot, but I am sure it wont be terrible. Just dont exect this to be as good as the 1st Transformers Movie. No, probobly worse than the sequels, but still good in its own right.

Such a wierd, almost baseless movie idea...Battleship? With aliens? 0_o
I just watch the movie... here are my Pros and Cons:

Pros:
1. Like Transformers, Graphics and special effects were wonderful.
2. The cast were almost perfect. I loled at the old people who still remember how to drive the Missouri Battle ship
3. You'll learn about the diff. of a battleship and a destroyer (see kids? Sci-fi movies ARE educational XD)
3. A bit of a laugh trip. Chicken Burrito, anyone? XD

Cons:
1. The part were the ex-military man fought off one of the aliens... How the hell was he able to remove the helmet?!
2. The part were the Blue Alien ship is getting near the destroyer, about the sunrise: If it was 2 displacement away, how come their Destroyer was able to move That fast. they would be toast already.

aside from that, nothing really. 9/10 is my 2 cents XD
All I saw was Rihanna, and they had me there.

Looks like a great movie; I have seen a couple of the trailers/short films. I want to see "Cabin in the Woods", though!
The U.S. movie going audience sure sunk this battleship. :lol
An action movie thrown in theaters while Avengers was still showing was not going to survive regardless of what it was, let alone some horse's behind story like this.

Some of the worst promotion ever, combined with some of the worst release timing ever, and the most insipid cast possible, with no plot to speak of... nothing can go wrong.