Battle of the Boroughs 2009: Now with BotB2008 videos inside! (Read 1st Post)

Battle of the Boroughs 2009

Date-Tentaively June 28th, 2009 (will be set clearer as the day approaches). Expect this event to last over 3 hours .

Venue-Bicentennial Park- 176 Hardenburg Ln,East Brunswick,NJ 08816

Entrance fee: ....

Prize- ...

Style: Double Elimination

Tournaments:
Metal Fight Beyblade non-restricted
Restricted HMS
PENDING RESTRICTED PLASTICS.
Pot Luck (to be explained later, and with user approval)

Stadiums: To Be Announced

PENDING IBA SANCTION.

Battle of the Boroughs 2008 Videos:
Freeblading section
flashfox vs Pinoy blader, losers bracket.
Bluezee vs Rockblade2012, main bracket.
Maz vs Shining_Blaze, main bracket.

More to come!

A bit early, I know, but I wanted to combine BotB2008 videos and announce BotB2009 simutaneously.

Hopefully this time, we can hang out afterwords. I would love to grab a bite to eat, just like we did at BotB2008 v2 with Anubis.
very good thread..i cant wait to see more vids soon!
also, are we no longer using plastic blades for BOTB2009?
We probably won't be using Plastics until Brad posts a restricted Plastics tournament list.

I'm hoping this event will last a long long time.
i do as well...as for the plastic, i dont see what really needs to be restricted...everything seems fine...but i guess i can wait..ill just get MFB and then hold on to the plastic for when the time is right..but this sounds great so far
I might actually be able to attend this one because I'm taking a vacation to New York either this winter or next summer.
Well, thats great. If it's the winter, you will probably can attend what I think Anubis will be hosting, which is in Central Park. If you come during the summer, then you can come to BotB2009. So awesome.

New video is up.
(Aug. 24, 2008  6:12 AM)flashfox Wrote: Well, thats great. If it's the winter, you will probably can attend what I think Anubis will be hosting, which is in Central Park. If you come during the summer, then you can come to BotB2009. So awesome.

New video is up.

I talked to Evan about this already, it won't be in my time frame. For the winter we're shooting for December 15th-30th
(Aug. 24, 2008  6:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: 2009? Speechless

I think Anubis will try to end the year with the first US East Coast MFB tournament, so I don't want to eat into that.

After that, we go back to classes, and spring break looks horrible for all of us. I'm sure maybe the lower grades could do something, but we can't.

That leaves us with Summer Break, which starts late May.

I don't want to eat into AN09's Beyblade War Room (?) either.
(Aug. 24, 2008  6:24 AM)flashfox Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2008  6:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: 2009? Speechless

I think Anubis will try to end the year with the first US East Coast MFB tournament, so I don't want to eat into that.

After that, we go back to classes, and spring break looks horrible for all of us. I'm sure maybe the lower grades could do something, but we can't.

That leaves us with Summer Break, which starts late May.

I don't want to eat into AN09's Beyblade War Room (?) either.

June?
But ... is there really any purpose for making this thread almost a full year before the event?

Even War Room doesn't have a thread yet.
Well, I really wanted the input from Pinoy, Maz, and others, and hopefully we could discuss that here and get a solid month where we should be free. In addiition, if plans changed, we could maybe do it early 2009, if Spring/Winter break clears up and if we feel up to another event right after Anubis' Central park thing.

If it bothers you enough, you can lock it, or I could change this into the BotB2008 video thread (or move that into BotB2 thread, which would again make this thread useless)
I'm not going to close this or anything, it just seems weird.
i think june is great..summer begins and everyone is out of school from what i know..june would be great and you plan is great flash, it doesnt eat into other events and leaves spots open for another even hosted by u and others...u plan very well lol
I wish that there could be something near Clovis, California(where I live).
Okay so if I don't make it to this one I should be freaking hung.
I really hope that you can make it to this one. Hopefully things will be good for you next year. =)

New video is up
hopefully ill be able to get mfb cause im broke, but ill enter the hms tourney and hopefully there will be a plastic even though i suck. it'll make the tourney longer. 2009 seems way to far since theres soo many bladers in NJ lets just meet up and free blade sometime.
Well, i'd be glad to host some get-togethers before hand, but there is no way we can pull off a huge tournament of this magnitude until next summer.
(Aug. 24, 2008  6:29 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: But ... is there really any purpose for making this thread almost a full year before the event?

Even War Room doesn't have a thread yet.

I'm pretty sure you made a thread for BND! at least a year before AN08 lol (on BBF).
(Aug. 24, 2008  11:11 PM)flashfox Wrote: Well, i'd be glad to host some get-togethers before hand, but there is no way we can pull off a huge tournament of this magnitude until next summer.

kool we all(or few) can meet up sometime and just blade
Chose better music..the battles were good but i almost fell asleep!
I really want to see the video. I've been having problems with my computer for the pass week that's why I haven't posted.Flashfox once I get it to work we can talk bout botb 2009
Ok, that sounds great. I can't wait to get all of this down so we can run a very very smooth tournament.
that sounds great...i would like to see more people this time...but even with the amount we usually have, its always fun