Battle Under a Blacklight! (Picture Heavy)

I'm a big fan of all sorts of light toys, blacklights being one of them :p I decided to give it a shot and was amazed with what happened.

First off, some warnings:
1. Be careful not to set the bulb directly on the stadium. Blacklight bulbs can get very hot.
2. Some blacklight bulbs are very fragile, so it may be a good idea to not have them directly over the stadium or too low to the ground, in case a beyblade or a string launcher bar hits it.

Using different stadiums and changing the direction of the lighting can also change how the battle looks. When I used the Pegasus Thunder Whip, regular metal wheels appeared violet. When I used the Super Vortex, it was deep enough that you could not see the wheel, and only the clear wheel and face.

I took some photos, but bear with me as these were taken with my phone. When I do get or rent a digital camera I might take my own pictures, or maybe someone else will post their own? Wink

[Image: p_00469.jpg]
A grip with a string launcher. The launcher and the prong base use a different paint? Or are they made of a different material?

[Image: p_00471.jpg]
Clear pieces tend to look the neatest. Using anything with paint that chips off easy (Like the Super Vortex L-Drago and Storm Pegasus >->;; ) won't look as cool. In this picture, I used a clear C145 track which looks amazing.

[Image: p_00463.jpg]
One of these is blue :p I forgot to check which .w.

[Image: p_00490.jpg]
Something Pegasus vs L-Drago. I don't normally apply my face stickers, but they do look really cool when they're spinning under a blacklight.

[Image: p_00488.jpg]
Something with a white face vs Storm Gasher with a blue face.
[Image: p_00484.jpg][Image: p_00483.jpg]
Normal light vs Blacklight
lol cool Grin btw nice buizel whatever its called on the launcher grip xD
Cool.
Awesome pics and effects, and lovin' that Buizel key chain you have there Joyful_3
cool, but I would still have put this in the photo thread
Wow, need white face,CW,track,and bottom then go. GLOWY!!!!!<3
(Oct. 12, 2010  12:21 AM)momiji manju Wrote: cool, but I would still have put this in the photo thread

I didn't want to focus on photos with this thread o-o; Just sharing/discussing the use of a blacklight o:

(Oct. 12, 2010  12:22 AM)mchlbant Wrote: Wow, need white face,CW,track,and bottom then go. GLOWY!!!!!<3

Get wolf clear wheel, check it out in the photo, very bottom left. It's my favorite wheel now because of this xD;;
Those blades look sick! So sick they have to go to hospital...
Really want to see a vid.
nice is a blacklight those things that show invisible finger prints and stuff?
the pics are kinda big can you resize it or something?
(Oct. 12, 2010  2:57 AM)beybladeheart Wrote: hey can you videotape it?

I don't know if the school rents those out, but if I can I totally will!
gotta say, this is pretty awesome. well done =D

i gotta figure out how to do backlighting. my beys and zoids wouod look sooo freakin awesome! =D if you have the time, pm me
i have a small blacklight,(only illuminates about the size of half your palm)ill try it at night!!!
(Oct. 12, 2010  4:20 AM)galaxy epic Wrote: i have a small blacklight,(only illuminates about the size of half your palm)ill try it at night!!!

I got my first one out of a junked fish tank xD
The other one I bought yeeeaars ago.
that's cool i tried it along time ago though.....
aww man where'dya get that black l-drago from!!! it's awesome!
(Oct. 14, 2010  5:35 PM)Nwolf Wrote: aww man where'dya get that black l-drago from!!! it's awesome!

Myy L-Drago is red and gold xD; from the Super Vortex set.

I heard there's a black L-Drago from CoroCoro...
what that one on the back is black pic 3 i think it looks black to me '~'
i can assure you it is gold and red chrome. you do realize this thread involves backlights right? which means colors seem different under the backligt, which is a UV light
Red in particular appears very dark, if at all.