Battle Strikers... heard of it?

ahaha ... we will do something official like that, hopefully

anyway here are the rules

Victory Conditions

Matches are divided into battles. To win a match, a Battler must win two individual battles (best two of three).

Conditions for Winning a Battle
• The opposing Striker stops spinning.
• The opposing Striker exits the arena.

In the case of a draw, neither Battler is awarded a battle victory.
If a Battler's Striker breaks during a battle, the entire match is reset.
If a Battler misses the stadium on their launch, the battle qualifies as a draw and the Battlers launch again.

Penalty Conditions

Incurring a penalty will cause the Battler to lose the battle.

• Interfering with the opposing Striker by controlling it, touching it, or preventing the opposing Battler from controlling it.
• Contacting the opposing Striker with their Striker while it is attached to the Controller.
• Launching the Striker early or late.

Striker Selection

A Battler's selection of Striker is not considered finalized until their Striker is attached to their Launcher. Up until that point, they are allowed to change and customize their Strikers. Once the Striker is selected, it must be used for the duration of the match.

If it is clear that both Battlers are waiting for each other to select their Striker, they are to turn their backs and select their Striker in secret.

Launching

Both Battlers should be located at adjacent ends of the arena. The Battlers and/or judge count down, "Ready! Set! Strike!" and launch their Strikers into the arena while the word "strike" is being called. Shooting before or after this is considered a penalty.

Strikers can be launched by hitting the Launchers together. However, both Battlers must agree to this before the battle if it is to be done.

Modification

Only official Battle Strikers parts manufactured by MEGA Brands are eligible for official Battle Strikers play. In addition to this, you may not:

• Modify the part in any way (e.g. gluing on new pieces, cutting or sanding off pieces)
• Insert any foreign substance (e.g. adding putty to the inside of parts to increase weight)
• Wear down parts in a way that is not caused by normal use (e.g. using a Striker on concrete)

Aerial Attack
You are permitted to pick up your Striker and toss it at your opponent's Striker. You are not permitted to contact the opposing Striker with your Striker while it is attached to the Controller.
I like the rules - tell your collegues their awesome Tongue_out
Haha, very reminiscent of WBO official rules, which I guess shows what a prominent role you're holding in this. ;]

Well done.
well, i wrote them entirely lol
Nice Job writing the rules Brad! When do you think that the Brand will reach Australia?
I will ask on Monday.
Is modifying/customizing the launcher legal?
(Sep. 25, 2009  3:48 AM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: Is modifying/customizing the launcher legal?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say as long as it doesn't affect the performance, like removing any limiters on the spinner. Painting, switching cases around, etc, should probably be legal.
(Sep. 25, 2009  4:11 AM)fragbait Wrote: I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say as long as it doesn't affect the performance, like removing any limiters on the spinner. Painting, switching cases around, etc, should probably be legal.

this
Brad, i read in one of the other threads you said that what your working on is going to surpass beyblade by comparison or something like that.......curios as to what your up too, any info you can give us.....or anything of the sort??
my friend has one and i used my beyblade against it kicked his but and we did it again after without him controlling it he still lost there just a stupid copy of beyblade
can we remove the limits on normal beyblade launchers?
(Sep. 30, 2009  9:01 PM)jooshy5150 Wrote: my friend has one and i used my beyblade against it kicked his but and we did it again after without him controlling it he still lost there just a stupid copy of beyblade

lmao, a match between two different toys doesn't let you know whats better. yes its fun watching them battle each other. but, you cant say beyblade is better cuz they beat them... you should compare them with: whats more fun to play with...
(Sep. 30, 2009  9:18 PM)Pegasis Wrote: lmao, a match between two different toys doesn't let you know whats better. yes its fun watching them battle each other. but, you cant say beyblade is better cuz they beat them... you should compare them with: whats more fun to play with...

obv bey.

1) You can hardly control these, along with a stadium so small it's embarrassing. Seriously. Evade within that space?
2) Defense blades are wayyy OP. I have a tank that can beat every other one of my 5, even my best customized one. WITHOUT ME CONTROLLING TANK....
3) Control blades are pointless. If you manage to evade (impossible in that stadium) than your blade will fail due to not have high enough spin velocity (add more weight)
4) Attack rings are all same apart from size
5) Defence rings all the same
6) Only 15 beys with 4 replicates (about 4 or 3)
7) Battery runs out FAST (1 week of usage max)
8) No real technique in the release of them. Basically either smash controllers together or flick your wrist. No other TECHNIQUE
9) If you read above than you would have realised there is no technique for control
10) They come in different colours than shown in the box
11) made from flimsier plastic and material than beys (apart from the ball bearing)
12) READ THE ABOVE!
if you hate it so much stop playing it
(Sep. 30, 2009  9:38 PM)Driger Wrote: if you hate it so much stop playing it

Please, I'm getting quite fed up with this. You constantly make posts with assumptions that you don't even bother thinking about.

Did i ever say i still play battle strikers? No.
Did i say i hated battle strikers? No.
Your negative comments makes you sound like you hate it. Stop being so stern and humorless
(Sep. 30, 2009  9:42 PM)Mukilab Wrote: Please, I'm getting quite fed up with this. You constantly make posts with assumptions that you don't even bother thinking about.

Did i ever say i still play battle strikers? No.
Did i say i hated battle strikers? No.

And I'm getting a little tired of your attitude. Make your point yes, but there's no need to be so condescending in so many of your posts.
Can't wait to watch you all eat your words Smile
I wanted to address some specific things. I am fine with criticism until it is incorrect.

Quote:1) You can hardly control these, along with a stadium so small it's embarrassing. Seriously. Evade within that space?

I do not understand this complaint. I have no trouble controlling my Strikers. Perhaps your skill level is just not there yet. Also, please keep in mind some Strikers are harder to control than others. That is part of the tradeoff of the game.

The stadium is somewhat small, however, it's working within that confined space that is part of the game. In addition, there is a larger arena available at some retailers. It is built for four players, but I find it's quite fun with two.

And of course, we're working on future Arenas.

Quote:2) Defense blades are wayyy OP. I have a tank that can beat every other one of my 5, even my best customized one. WITHOUT ME CONTROLLING TANK....

It is due to the metal sphere tip. This tip is currently the strongest of every tip. We are addressing gameplay balancing concerns (obviously, now that I am there, this is a big priority for me ...)

Quote:4) Attack rings are all same apart from size

Actually, every single Striker -- yes, every single one -- has a unique Weapon (or as you called it, "Attack Ring").

Quote:5) Defence rings all the same

Again, this is completely untrue. There are eight different Armors and I can confidently say they all function differently.

Quote:7) Battery runs out FAST (1 week of usage max)

This will depend on which batteries you are using. Perhaps you should consider investing in some rechargeable batteries. We cannot help it; turning a motor that fast, that long will use a lot of energy.

Quote:8) No real technique in the release of them. Basically either smash controllers together or flick your wrist. No other TECHNIQUE

There is no need for this. In Beyblade, you control your Beyblade's movements using only the shot. In Strikers, you control the Striker directly.

Despite this, there are different ways to use your Launcher that will produce different effects. Perhaps you have not played enough to come to that conclusion.

Quote:9) If you read above than you would have realised there is no technique for control

Again, this is completely untrue. However, you said yourself you do not play it, so I am unsurprised you weren't aware of different methods.

Quote:10) They come in different colours than shown in the box

We use renders on the box art, not live photographs. In addition to that, you may notice the box says colors may vary. I am sure if it is that big of a problem for you, the store will accept a return.

Quote:11) made from flimsier plastic and material than beys (apart from the ball bearing)

That is because it is not the same type of plastic at all. It is PVC, not ABS or PC. Obviously, these all have different properties, and PVC is softer and more flexible, but it is not "flimsier"; in fact, it is far less likely to break than Beyblade materials. Obviously, this material has its advantages and disadvantages, and we are looking into new types of materials every day.

Quote:12) READ THE ABOVE!

I hope you shall do the same.
(Sep. 30, 2009  9:18 PM)Pegasis Wrote: lmao, a match between two different toys doesn't let you know whats better. yes its fun watching them battle each other. but, you cant say beyblade is better cuz they beat them... you should compare them with: whats more fun to play with...

One of the few times I will agree with you. You may as well say this:

A soccer ball rolls better than a football. Therefore, soccer is superior.
Oh, but a baseball is easier to throw than a soccer ball! I guess baseball is the better sport, after all.
That last analogy is really good.
(Sep. 30, 2009  9:01 PM)jooshy5150 Wrote: my friend has one and i used my beyblade against it kicked his but and we did it again after without him controlling it he still lost there just a stupid copy of beyblade

I LIKE TO DROP ROCKS ON MY BEY, THEREFORE ROCKS ARE THE BETTER TOY.

In other news: Tried to make it to Vaughn today so I could get my hands on flare/maelstorm, failed miserably, but ended up at Square 1 hours later and picked up Skullor. Square 1 had so many strikers in stock. Gotta say- Skullor is pretty sweet Grin

Is there really any differences in the plastic density or variation in the magnet cores?