Battle Strikers Discussion

Well, I mean, everyone else can confirm that under normal circumstances that can't happen ...
I need a non hasbro stadium to test this don't I?
Are you being serious LOL.
(Jan. 10, 2010  2:45 AM)Akylus Wrote: I need a non hasbro stadium to test this don't I?

Well yeah. Battle Strikers aren't Beyblades.
man why do my battle strikers last like 2 seconds in my attack stadium

man beyblades are so boring in battle striker stadium

man why why why

edit : man i'm pretty sick of people not using the correct equipment with the correct stuff

man why doesnt my ps3 controller work with my wii
I always get so confused by people who play with Battle Strikers in Beyblade stadiums and are like "YEAH IT'S SO MUCH MORE INTENSE"

But ... you can't control them that way ... Confused
i don't mean a non beyblade stadium i mean a stadium not made by hasbro.
(Jan. 10, 2010  3:09 AM)Akylus Wrote: i don't mean a non beyblade stadium i mean a stadium not made by hasbro.

... why don't you just use a Battle Strikers Arena?

I've been working on the tournament rules this weekend guys. Here's a quick preview:

Battle Points

A single match is broken up into individual battles. To win a match, a player must accumulate 3 Battle Points.

• 1 Battle Point is awarded for a Striker spinning longer than the opposing Striker. This is called an “out-spin”.
• 2 Battle Points are awarded if the opposing Striker exits the Arena. This is called a “KO” or “knock-out”.

If there is no clear winner of a battle, neither player receives any Battle Points.
Penalties

If a player commits an action that is considered a penalty, the opposing player is afforded 1 Battle Point and the battle ends.

• Launching the Striker early or late
• Touching the opposing Striker
o Accidental contact still counts as a penalty
• Touching their own Striker anywhere but the magnetic core
o Accidental contact is at the discretion of the referee
• Attempting to control and/or interfering with the control of the opposing Striker
• Lifting a Striker off of the Arena floor
o It is possible for a Striker to become attached to the magnet inside of the Controller. In this scenario, the Striker must be released from the Controller while the Striker is at floor level. Throwing a Striker from above is not acceptable.
o If it is clear that a player is lifting their Striker off of the Arena floor intentionally in order to avoid enemy attacks, the battle ends and the opposing player is awarded 1 Battle Point. A player may not lift their Striker off of the floor in order to dodge opposing attacks.
• Contacting the opposing Striker with their Striker while it is attached to their Controller
• Keeping their Striker attached to their Controller for more than 2 seconds
• Intentionally touching or shifting the Arena

===

You will probably see some similarities to the WBO rules, seeing as I wrote both ...

I decided to use the points system for battles because a KO in Battle Strikers is considerably more difficult to perform, and you generally have to do it on purpose -- accidental KOs are fairly rare. Remember that the WBO used this system as well until we realized how luck-based MFB KOs were.

The penalty list is quite extensive ... there is more opportunity to cheat in Strikers because of the interaction involved, so we have to make sure we cover all of it.
I don't have any money and my grandparents will not buy the stadium they'll just say you already have a stadium.
(Jan. 10, 2010  3:17 AM)Akylus Wrote: I don't have any money and my grandparents will not buy the stadium they'll just say you already have a stadium.

Save up...
I usually waste my money on other things like thomas and friends, bionicle, power rangers, bakugan, and the strikers.
(Jan. 10, 2010  3:17 AM)Akylus Wrote: I don't have any money and my grandparents will not buy the stadium they'll just say you already have a stadium.

You could easily buy a plastic dish or try from a dollar store that would suffice. I used the Vortex dish for a while though and didn't really have any problems with it. Try blocking off the pockets so that you don't get any ring outs.
I don't have a problem with it plus it's fun seeing the tops get pocketed.
OK then, but do not try to pass off your results as anything meaningful ...
Got it. I hope I can get Sabertooth and see if it can ko both Cobra and Skullor at the same time.
:\
(Jan. 10, 2010  3:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: A single match is broken up into individual battles.

If a player commits an action that is considered a penalty, the opposing player is afforded 1 Battle Point and the battle ends.
so can u use the same striker the whole time???

and how bout if the player commits an action and he has 2 points and does a penalty on purpose then the other player will get 1 point and will lose, can u do that? Because then later on ppl will get a penalty on purpose when they get 2 points so they'll win.:\
I was reading through this thread, I want to see proof of Beynval's results...For some reason, I highly doubt this seeing as how I got the opposite results. On top of that, BS on Libra(if you use Libra uncustomized) is obviously horrible and has bad balance. Use a better bottom and see what you get.
I was talking about the new Metal XS, not the old ones.
That is also what I am referring to. I would like to see proof of this seeing as how my results were opposite of yours. The whole "long story short" thing is really making the results seem fake.
(Jan. 10, 2010  9:03 AM)Woty Wrote: :\
so can u use the same striker the whole time???

and how bout if the player commits an action and he has 2 points and does a penalty on purpose then the other player will get 1 point and will lose, can u do that? Because then later on ppl will get a penalty on purpose when they get 2 points so they'll win.:\

Yes, you can use the same Striker the whole time. In fact, once you select your Striker for the match, you have to use it for the entire match.

As for your second point, I don't really understand. How does giving the opponent 1 point cause them to lose? The match doesn't end until a player accumulates 3 Battle Points.

(Jan. 10, 2010  5:06 PM)Ozzy Wrote: That is also what I am referring to. I would like to see proof of this seeing as how my results were opposite of yours. The whole "long story short" thing is really making the results seem fake.

Which Beyblades did you use? Which Strikers? Surprised you were able to find the Metal XS already; Val got his from me. You are not providing any proof either, thus, I don't think it's OK for you to just come out and accuse someone of lying.

Keep in mind that Val has every Metal XS Striker and every MFB, so if you only got one Metal XS and tested it against a bunch of unnamed MFB, of course the results will be skewed ...

Val's results are fairly consistent with my results as well. Generally battles end in a KO because the MFB cannot take a hit from such a heavy object.

Nobody wants to admit even the slightest possibility of Beyblade losing. Keep in mind that it was Beyblade fans that started this all in the first place; they were the ones comparing MFB to Series 1 Strikers and saying Strikers sucked. Of course, now that the tables are turned, the results must be fake, or people are cheating, or it's just unfair in general.
(Jan. 10, 2010  6:01 PM)decimation Wrote: whens the website gonna be updated

As I've said several times, I do not know. As soon as I know something, it gets posted here.
oh any way i wanted to know you know the stadiums why are they so small i mean when you put brand new batteries in your turbo launcher the strikers become so fast that they cant move around without hitting the wall 10000 times even if you use the controller i have 2 starter sets and 6 strikers
(Jan. 10, 2010  6:36 PM)decimation Wrote: oh any way i wanted to know you know the stadiums why are they so small i mean when you put brand new batteries in your turbo launcher the strikers become so fast that they cant move around without hitting the wall 10000 times even if you use the controller i have 2 starter sets and 6 strikers

The honest answer is limited shelf space. We are only allowed to make it so big. I want to do larger Arenas too; we are working on it.

That said, I don't find this happens to me ... the new Knockout Arena is round so it should alleviate this issue somewhat. If you keep your Striker under control, it will not hit the walls.
what knockout arena is it in stores or is it somethink that will come out with metal mx