Basalt Hologium CH145 CS

This is NOT intended as a defence combo rather, a recoil/force smasher/something which destablise. I do not want to test a typical MF2-H GB145 CS/RS/RSF since I believe many others would do that once they get hold of Basalt. This test/combo is meant to show how the imbalance could be used offensively and perhaps effectively. Also to show that early batch Stamina mode staying CS might possibly not be completely useless after all (for those who intend to use it for attack).

Conditions used:
2 Humans. Both using grips.
TT Attack Stadium
Mode chosen will be stated. NO MF WAS USED.
Shots were rotated after ever 5 turns. 10 rounds were used and draws/OOS were redone.
Condition of RF and CS were worn.

BH CH145 CS vs Burn Bull DF145 WD

BH CH145 CS vs MF Pegasis 90 RF

BH CH120 CS vs MF Pegasis 90 RF

BH CH145 CS vs MF LLDrago 90 RF

BH CH120 CS vs MF LLDrago 90 RF

BH CH145 CS vs Burn Bull 230 WD

BH CH145 CS vs Earth BUll 230 WD

During the test, I was able to see that Basalt was able to bring out almost the full potential of CS due to its imbalance. Metal face was intentionally left out as having a heavy center would give it "stability" which is not what I wanted from here. At 145 height it was also able to show the much forgotten Forced Smash.

We DID conduct tests against defence types but stop half way after seeing that it was dominating (Basalt that is). To be honest, I have no idea what to class this as, probably best fit as a "Balance".
I guess Basalt is really Heavy. Could you test MF Basalt Bull GB145CS? I'm thinking that Basalt is seriously a metagame breaker.. Due to its weight. Also, if you have Vulcan Horuseus, could you test it too?

145 > 230, so 145 height battling 230 height have rather no meaning due to 230's weakness is 145 height. How about using Burn Bull at 90/100 height?
MF Basalt Bull GB145 CS would be completely different than what this combo was intended for since the whole point was supposedly to allow the CS take effect once Basalt loses enough spin and imbalance starts to show.

I'm lazy to do tests for Burn Bull right now. Maybe later.
What about Basalt CH120RF? I'd like to see if it's unevenly distributed weight to be used in attack.
The heavy weight of Basalt with slow down RF much so it is no good.
(Feb. 06, 2011  12:56 PM)Meteo LDrago Wrote: The heavy weight of Basalt with slow down RF much so it is no good.

But Libra CH120RF worked well, why not basalt.....

EDIT: 400th post
while using CS, it was already mostly in attack mode due to the imbalance weight.
(Feb. 06, 2011  1:08 PM)究極のブレーダー Wrote: But Libra CH120RF worked well, why not basalt.....

Libra isn't as heavy as Basalt
(Feb. 06, 2011  7:51 AM)Pcyborg Wrote: MF Basalt Bull GB145 CS would be completely different than what this combo was intended for since the whole point was supposedly to allow the CS take effect once Basalt loses enough spin and imbalance starts to show.

I'm lazy to do tests for Burn Bull right now. Maybe later.
Please someone help me if im wrong but if you use GB145, it start to balance out. Like your saying you want CS to help Basalt balance out. Won't GB145 help to balance out?
Its the other way round? I never did once mention explicitly that I used the CS to give it more balance. The whole point is to let the CS take advantage of the imbalance.
Indeed, i understand now. Kinda of an akward method though. Very intresting though/ Ill be sure to check this thread every so often.
EDIT: Is your CS aggresive? I think i missed it
Yeah. People have been saying how CS tends to stays in Stamina mode. With Basalt's natural imbalance, it doesnt stay that way. And it doesnt lose spin as fast an as RF cos its tip is still essentially plastic. It doesnt completely ride on the rubber coat, but just ride enough to move around to KO/OS or destablise through Force Smash or Recoil.

Edit: I got the CS like this week from RBV6. But I think its fairly worn now due to Basalt haha.
Bro, just do real defense tests. CH120 is outdated.
Use 230 or GB145. We can start mixing it up after the more important issues have been tested (Actual defense..)
Since when I mentioned anywhere this was a defence combo? Just because I did not place results against defence types doesnt mean I'm classifying it as one. I believe my last sentence in the first post mentions a brief summary of what happened when it went against defence types. Beside, using GB145 would block some of the under part of the metal wheel to allow force smash =\.
I do not understand! and strong? tests say 70% wins or loses?is it attack or defense or stamina?sorry! would not be better basalt horologium df145 cs?
(I'm italian)
Who exactly thinks the stamina/dud CS is useless since a non moving CS is better for defence than one that moves?
Added something to the first post to clarify on what sort of combo it would be.

Edit: This is not a defence combo.

Ultrablader: The Combo is meant to made the CS move around.
Okay your trying to make a balance combo.. Great, exactly what we needed.
Okay, test this against a defense type. (Not 230..)
I mean, if it does well against Stamina and defense, this is just another attack type, amirite?
And Attack type is the true balance in the right hands..
I'm not seeing force smash come into place if more that half the combos you tested it against where at east the same height.. I think we knew Pegasis was on the fence on the top-tier list after a few more attack releases so it would do sub-par anyway, right? I mention that because LLD and Pegasis are both under Basalt, making them the only ones subjected to whatever force smash is available. LLD squashed this, and Pegasis is already being questioned, IIRC so honestly, try using lower combos or 230 to see if Basalt has force smash you proclaim? :V
Force Smash can happen. It recoils > destablise > Force Smash the bey down. As long as its not taller than it, it could happen.

I did not explicitly classify it as a Force Smasher completely. Could you read? It mentioned Recoil and something which could destablise. I have no idea what to classify it as right now. It just something which takes advantage of Basalt's imbalance that is all.

Yes I can do more tests. I would appreciate it if people dont jump the gun without digesting completely what I am trying to portray here. Understand what concept I am trying to show here.
(Feb. 06, 2011  5:19 PM)Pcyborg Wrote: Ultrablader: The Combo is meant to made the CS move around.

That really isn't answering my question at all. No one thinks a non moving CS is useless since they are good for defence...
(Feb. 06, 2011  5:57 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2011  5:19 PM)Pcyborg Wrote: Ultrablader: The Combo is meant to made the CS move around.

That really isn't answering my question at all. No one thinks a non moving CS is useless since they are good for defence...
And this combo is not completely a defence combo...? Why would I want to have a completely stationary CS? Useless as in it doesnt go into attack which is what people have anticipated when they got their first CS? Why would you want a CS which stays? It was only after people found uses for it in Stamina mode only that defence based uses were generated. Else, it did not deliver what it was designed for which was attack to stamina or vice versa.

I am bringing the point that the imbalance factor in basalt could deliver this trait in a stamina only CS.
I know this isn't a defence combo. I was saying that your view that dud CS's are useless is wrong because they have good use in defence.
Duds? Bro, just slide shoot it properly or if necessary, use sand paper. Of course, you'd have to keep the tip over the rubber, but it'd do way better.
uh well when I got my Ray Unicorno the CS didn't move at all not matter what shot I did and this didn't change even after use. Whatever doesn't matter I was just informing him that dud cs' are not useless as he states in the OP.
Yeah, that is wrong of him. :V
Try my second technique of making CS move, if your still interested.