Balance Type MFB

Well, ever since the ban of Libra, there was no such thing as a SUCCESSFUL balance type MFB...
So I wanted to start searching for some great versatile blades...

There is a couple of Wheels that are pretty much versatile...

1) Burn (Do not currently own one)
2) Flame
3) Pegasis

FlameCH120RF vs Storm Pegasis 100RF
Launched Simotaneously
TT Attack Stadium

Flame won 5/10 Using 145
Flame won 6/10 Using 120

So That struck me the idea, instead of using Ch120, using DF145 to acquire ultimate balance. And for the lack of power I added Metal Face to cancel out with DF145 for the stamina loss. This combo is a little less versatile, but still deadly.

MF FlameDF145RF vs Storm Pegasis 100RF
Launched Simotaneously
TT Attack Stadium

Flame won 13/20

I do not have time atm to use this combo against top tier stamina, or even using Burn, but i think this combonation might have somewhat success in competitive blading.
By the looks of your Flame combo, I think you're going for an Attack style Bey? I dunno... but what I do know is that an Attacking Bey should be lower than 145. Anyone more experienced than I am, please correct me if I'm wrong. I should try Flame and RF; it sounds good.
Earth is quite good for multiple purposes. If rock didn't have such horrid recoil, it'd be good.
what combo are you planning for burn, i might test it and tell u my results
Eclippse: Just try the MF BurnDF145RF, and CH120RF...
Since burn is more consistent with its circular shaped wheel, I think it might be more suitable for this combo.

桃太郎: I am not looking for an offensive combo. As the title says I am in search of a Balance Type.
I used MF to add more defensive/offensive force, RF adds more of an offensive threat, and DF145 gives it a big stamina bonus...

So far with Flame I am having some decent success, but today an Idea struck me...

FlameC145RF, since Flames wheel is low, it will have power to attack blades that are lower with C145, and blades that it CAN reach with RF...

The only problem is that FLame isnt very heavy so it might be to light for an offensive combo, but adding Metal Face will lower its stamina tremendously...

Well Back to testing.. I will post some quality results later today..
Second POST:

So I just ended a bit of testing..

And I concluded that even though CH120 would be a very versatile track, balance types needed more stamina/defense...

So I went to my ULTRA secret Lab (Also known as my bedroom Pinching_eyes_2).... and started a bunch of testing..

First off My tests and conclusion with Flame

1- Flame Sag C145RF vs MF Earth C145WB
Launched Simotaneously
TT Attack Stadium
Flame Bank Shot

1) Flame
2) Rock
3) Earth
4) Flame
5) Earth
6) Flame
7) Earth
8) Flame
9) Flame
10) Earth

This blade had a 60% Win Rate Agaisnt a Top Tier Defensive Combo..
Not too shabby, I noticed that C145 wasn't failing too much in this battle, also most of Flames wins were by RingOut

2- Flame C145RF vs Earth DF145SD
Launched Simotaneously
TT Attack Stadium
Flame Bank Shot

1)Earth
2)Flame
3)Flame
4)Earth
5)Earth
6)Flame
7)Earth
8)Flame
9)Flame
10)Earth

50% against a Top Tier Stamina Combo...
At first I thought Flame was going to get smashed, but it did quit well...
C145 wasn't muchh help, but was still decent on the bank...

3- Flame C145RF vs Storm Peg100RF
Launched Simotaneously
TT Attack Stadium
Both Bank Shot

1) Flame
2) Flame
3)Storm
4)Flame
5)Flame
6)Storm
7)Storm
8)Flame
9)Flame
10)Flame

70% Win rate against Top Tier Attack...I LIKE =]]
Well in other battles Flame was more offensive, in these battles it came out as a defender..
C145 was the winning key, it stopped Storm's Spin alot, and I think that these battles were by far the most fun I have ever had with MFB >,<

4- Flame C145RF vs MFLLDragoCH120RF
Launched Simotaneously
TT Attack Stadium
Both Bank, First 5 with 145, second 5 with 120 track

1) Drago
2) Flame
3) Drago
4) Flame
5) Flame

6) Flame
7)Drago
8) Flame
9) Drago
10) Flame

60% win rate against both tracks, not too shabby, but at times I think Flame was getting very lucky with some lucky stay-ins..
C145 was actually performing well against 120, but when it was 145's turn, the MF and RF were too overpowering for C145, and FLame was in desperate need of stamina...

Also, I am later going to try Earth with this combo, as well as trying Flame DF145RF(which I dont think will bring better results) But I am very curious as to wether or not Earth can actually do better.

In Conclusion, Flame C145RF was very strong as a balance type, and hopefully you guys can test this combo
and see for yourselves..And I am predicting in a week or two, after the pros test this combo, we will have our only successful Balance Type..
Earth DF145SD is in no way a top tier defensive combo...
Try it against A Ray/Quetz variant with a 90 Track and tell me how it works.
(Jul. 09, 2010  12:29 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Earth DF145SD is in no way a top tier defensive combo...
Try it against A Ray/Quetz variant with a 90 Track and tell me how it works.

Wow Thanx for the catch Pinching_eyes_2 I meant stamina(I changed it)

I do not currently own Ray or Quetz or a 90

But seeing as though this blade did well agaisnt the 2nd and 3rd best attackers, I wouldnt be suprised if it got a 50% agaisnt Quetz 90RF
Are you doing Banking on purpose? Tests with Storm 100RF or most RF attack customs yield the best results when used with a Sliding Shoot, especially in the TT Attack Stadium.

One thing to consider, and that I've tooled around with since I have an abundance of them, is worn RF combo's. They tend to have a good grip and slightly better stamina than a new/semi-worn RF.

Also for reference seeing as how you've been testing with a bunch, do post the conditions of your RF's during testing and for each combo, that does have a significant bearing on test results.

You mentioned a few times that the testing combo's were launched simultaneously. Keep in mind that the skill level of both bladers should be equal and that both should have optimal positions in order for these results to be valid, for one thing, I have noticed a very different rating in my singleton tests than your results.

Flame Sag C145RF vs MF Earth C145WB
Launched Simultaneously.
Flame Sag C145RF - Banking Shot (to mimic original testing conditions), Semi Worn RF
MF Earth C145WB - 80% power
TT Attack Stadium
1 Set, 10 Rounds.

Results: 3-7
Flame Sag C145RF win Rate: 30%

Observations: There wasn't much to say about this other than I'm unsure how it originally got a 60% rate. It's entirely possible that MF Earth C145WB was launched a full power and definitely not towards the center of the stadium. 6 of MF Earth C145WB's wins were due to outspin, something I expected of a combo utilizing 145 and RF together. 1 of it's wins was from a self KO that was a result of an early hit from Flame Sag C145RF.

All 3 wins from Flame Sag C145RF were due to very early KO's. It's my conclusion that Flame Sag C145RF lacks attack power in this match up, and unless it manages a solid hit early on (2-3 seconds into the battle), winning is very unlikely against a Defense Combo. Flame Sag C145RF does have a noticeably better stamina than Storm 100RF for some reason, though that is likely due to the weight distribution of the Flame Metal Wheel more than anything.
Quote:Wow Thanx for the catch I meant stamina(I changed it)

I do not currently own Ray or Quetz or a 90

But seeing as though this blade did well agaisnt the 2nd and 3rd best attackers, I wouldnt be suprised if it got a 50% agaisnt Quetz 90RF

Quetzalcoatl 90RF should be achieving at least 90%, I reckon.
(Jul. 09, 2010  12:44 AM)♥ Wrote: Quetzalcoatl 90RF should be achieving at least 90%, I reckon.

Seriously? ouch... Well I want to acquire a Quetz when it is released in the US, but If quetz can actually get 90% on this blade... My dreams will fall all in the water =[

Pinching_eyes_2

But if quetz only get 70 or less thats still not bad for a balance type.. that can only be tooken down by a few amount of blades..
Oh, I got confused; I thought you meant Quetzalcoatl 90RF vs Earth Bull DF145SD ...
(Jul. 09, 2010  12:44 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Are you doing Banking on purpose? Tests with Storm 100RF or most RF attack customs yield the best results when used with a Sliding Shoot, especially in the TT Attack Stadium.

One thing to consider, and that I've tooled around with since I have an abundance of them, is worn RF combo's. They tend to have a good grip and slightly better stamina than a new/semi-worn RF.

Also for reference seeing as how you've been testing with a bunch, do post the conditions of your RF's during testing and for each combo, that does have a significant bearing on test results.

You mentioned a few times that the testing combo's were launched simultaneously. Keep in mind that the skill level of both bladers should be equal and that both should have optimal positions in order for these results to be valid, for one thing, I have noticed a very different rating in my singleton tests than your results.

Flame Sag C145RF vs MF Earth C145WB
Launched Simultaneously.
Flame Sag C145RF - Banking Shot (to mimic original testing conditions), Semi Worn RF
MF Earth C145WB - 80% power
TT Attack Stadium
1 Set, 10 Rounds.

Results: 3-7
Flame Sag C145RF win Rate: 30%

Observations: There wasn't much to say about this other than I'm unsure how it originally got a 60% rate. It's entirely possible that MF Earth C145WB was launched a full power and definitely not towards the center of the stadium. 6 of MF Earth C145WB's wins were due to outspin, something I expected of a combo utilizing 145 and RF together. 1 of it's wins was from a self KO that was a result of an early hit from Flame Sag C145RF.

All 3 wins from Flame Sag C145RF were due to very early KO's. It's my conclusion that Flame Sag C145RF lacks attack power in this match up, and unless it manages a solid hit early on (2-3 seconds into the battle), winning is very unlikely against a Defense Combo. Flame Sag C145RF does have a noticeably better stamina than Storm 100RF for some reason, though that is likely due to the weight distribution of the Flame Metal Wheel more than anything.

Well, I was indeed playing a rookie(My brother non player)

So I tried out the combo while I was launching MF Earth C145WB

And Earth won 5 times...

And my RF is very worn out...

Do you think that adding MF to Flame C145RF would change any results majorly since I only have 1 MF
One thing I would recommend is not trying to stack so many elements in a balance MFB. Yes, balance is necessary, but if you can focus on sweet Offence and sweet Defence you're doing really well. This is where Libra CH120RF shined.

I don't think a Metal Face would do enough for the combo tbh, the extra weight won't added to anywhere except for the center, and in my experience with the Flame wheel it tends to do more harm than good.

One thing you may consider for this project is going for good Stamina and Decent Attack. As in Attack that can smash through Stamina types, and Stamina that can outlast most Attack and Defense combo's.
Hiro Ayami: I respect and apreciate all your help, and I will definetely try sharpening up a more acceptable combo...
Double Post:

So I will never quit on finding a successful balance type MFB.

So I was looking for a good beyblade with solid defense/attack.

Until I can acquire Gravity Perseus, I am going to do a bunch of tests with different beys.

I also came to conclusion that Flame was just not a blade with balance type qualities, so I reverted back to the ever useful Earth, and attaching Cancer/Gasher.

So far here are my options, and I will post results with all these blades.

1) (MF) Earth Cancer Ch120RF -- I like this combo because it is very versatile with the ability to change from 120 to 145. Problem here is that it does not possess any defensive/stamina type qualities. It is only just versatile.
2) (MF) Earth Cancer H145RF -- This is like 65% Attack and 35% Defense. H145 can predate on short beyblades like Quetz90RF, and Storm100RF.Hopefully. Also, It can attack taller stamina/defense blades like MF EarthGB145WB, and Earth Bull DF145SD.
3) (MF) Earth Cancer ED145RF -- Another variation of ^. But this one is a little more defensive.
Why Cancer?
1st or 2nd mold Earth?
1st or 2nd mold H145?
I like how you're adding qualities of each type of Bey, but personally, I don't find the "Jack of All Trades" Bey to be quite useful, from what I've experienced anyway. If you could run each of your said combos against top-tier Attack, Defense and Stamina combos, then post the results, in what Stadium and so on, it would be really helpful.
^?

Well I have Earth both first and second mold -.-.... which one is better?

And H145 second mold.

Cancer because it is my fav light wheel, and that it is 3.3 g
First is better for Stamina customs because it's 2 grams lighter than the second mold. And obviously the other mold's forte is in Defense. Up to you to decide.
Ohh kk, will remember that advice tommorow when I wake up for my ultra super duper testings Pinching_eyes_2
(Jul. 11, 2010  7:37 AM)Flowertrain609 Wrote: Cancer because it is my fav light wheel, and that it is 3.3 g
Cancer is a Clear Wheel.
Also, it weighs 3.0g only.
Sorry For the Double post.
I have decided to try out Flowertrain609's Earth Balance Customs.
I do not own a ED145, so I an unable to test MF Earth Cancer ED145RF.
The Earth Wheels used in these tests are the second mold, so it would be great to see tests with the first mold.
The RF used is rather new (the same one I used for my Burn Capricorne 90RF tests).
The MFB Attack Type BeyStadium is the Stadium used.
Beylauncher with Suspension on Launchergrip is used.
MF Earth Cancer CH120/H145RF combos are launched with the Banking Shoot.

MF Earth Cancer CH120RF (145 Height) vs MF Earth Bull GB145WB
Bull always launched first to the center of the Stadium with approx. 80% power.
Cancer:1
Bull:19

This one I do not think I have to post details of. All of Bull's wins were from outspin. Earth doesn't have much attack potential at all. All it does is try to push the opposing Bey away. However, this combo's only KO from my tests is done quite interestingly. When Bull was closing the edge of the Stadium, Cancer 'rushed' and pushed Bull out of the Stadium.

MF Earth Cancer CH120RF (120 Height) vs MF Earth Bull GB145WB
Bull always launched first to the center of the Stadium with approx. 80% power.
Cancer:3
Bull:17
This combo in 120 height seems to perform slightly better in Attack. The slopes of the Cancer Clear Wheel makes contact with the opposing Bey once in a while, providing some (what I assume to be) Upper Attack. However, this combo still tries to push the opposing Bey off, and is not always successful.

MF Earth Cancer H145RF vs Quetzalcoatl 90RF Test results:
Cancer: 3
Quetzalcoatl: 16
Double KO:1
Since the Attack potential of Earth has been tested, I will only test this combo against Quetzalcoatl, the Bey Flowertrain609 said H145 will be able to predate.
(Jul. 11, 2010  1:13 AM)Flowertrain609 Wrote: 2) (MF) Earth Cancer H145RF -- This is like 65% Attack and 35% Defense. H145 can predate on short beyblades like Quetz90RF, and Storm100RF.Hopefully. Also, It can attack taller stamina/defense blades like MF EarthGB145WB, and Earth Bull DF145SD.
H145 had way too much recoil to be 'Defensive'. All of Cancer's KOs were lucky shots where the Stadium Walls saved it from the Double KOs.
Those results depress me -.-

Now I have lost all hope to test out these combos except the H145 w/o MF