Bakugan brainwashing 6- 11 and now some how this show is popular

I'm not surprised, Spin Masters have been working on this for a few years now, and looked at what made previous things like this successful and copied it. The anime series is also getting a sequel:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/200...for-spring
Have they started showing this in the UK yet because I saw commercials on the TV...
Yeah, it comes on Cartoon Network
It's like Yu-Gi-Oh! meets B-Daman, I swear...
B-Daman was poor, I can't believe I watched the entire season of it. Yu-Gi-Oh wasn't too bad, but it didn't keep me interested long enough. Will still have to see what Bakugan is like though...regardless.
I watched BDaman simply because I needed something to fill the space left by Beyblade. I even bought a couple of the toys, but no-one that I knew had one as it didn't really take off in the UK.
Bakugan isn't doing anything remarkable here. To declare it the successor to Pokemon is a bit presumptuous; Yu-Gi-Oh! and Beyblade both did much better than Bakugan is better in their respective peak periods.
i dont get the craze at all i just dont think the show or game is intresting dang!!
(Sep. 26, 2008  9:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Bakugan isn't doing anything remarkable here. To declare it the successor to Pokemon is a bit presumptuous; Yu-Gi-Oh! and Beyblade both did much better than Bakugan is better in their respective peak periods.

well on other sites they said it like BeyBlade/Yugioh And B-Daman and mostly they got the marble throwing idea from B-Daman
(Sep. 26, 2008  9:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: To declare it the successor to Pokemon is a bit presumptuous.

BWAHAHAHA!! Nothing will succeed Pokemonz. It would have to be incredibly good because Pokemon has been around for years! I mean, I still watch it because over here we have only just got the DP Battle Dimension Season.
Pokemon hasn't been great since GSC.
(Sep. 26, 2008  9:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Bakugan isn't doing anything remarkable here. To declare it the successor to Pokemon is a bit presumptuous; Yu-Gi-Oh! and Beyblade both did much better than Bakugan is better in their respective peak periods.

This POS was the second best selling toyline in Canada last year, only behind Hasbro's Transformers. Don't know if Beyblade topped that, and Yu-Gi-Oh! wouldn't count.

Went to Toys"R"Us and saw Booster Packs w/cards, Booster Packs w/figures, little non-transforming figures, bigger non-transforming figures, stadium, starter packs, launcher thingie, and a place to house all those balls and cards. Place was like packed with kids grabbing them too.
Beyblade was basically the biggest toy around during its peak. I fail to see why Yu-Gi-Oh! doesn't count.
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:13 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Beyblade was basically the biggest toy around during its peak. I fail to see why Yu-Gi-Oh! doesn't count.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is mostly known as being a TCG, this is a toyline. $6 toys are harder to sell then $4 cards. Yu-Gi-Oh! also had massive tournaments, this thing doesn't have compeitive play IIRC.

4Kids probably hopes this isn't too sucessful with Chaotic doing fairly well already, and the upcomming Dinosaur King TCG I'm sure they don't want anything cutting into something that's very similar to their market.
I don't even get how 6-11 play Bakugan because it so dam confusing
I was thinking about getting in to this (the game play isn't all that bad) But I can't because they are selling out like carzy near my area (southern part of new jersey). A most of a whole wall is usaully sold with in one day Chocked_2;. Toysrus even had a "buy no more then 4 of this item" sign on the self where they stock them.
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:27 PM)Kyanbu.XM Wrote: I was thinking about getting in to this (the game play isn't all that bad) But I can't because they are selling out like carzy near my area (southern part of new jersey). A most of a whole wall is usaully sold with in one day Chocked_2;. Toysrus even had a "buy no more then 4 of this item" sign on the self where they stock them.

the gameplay isn't bad at all but who want to play against 6-11 year olds, I mean they will just cry when they lose
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:32 PM)Leo Aggressive Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:27 PM)Kyanbu.XM Wrote: I was thinking about getting in to this (the game play isn't all that bad) But I can't because they are selling out like carzy near my area (southern part of new jersey). A most of a whole wall is usaully sold with in one day Chocked_2;. Toysrus even had a "buy no more then 4 of this item" sign on the self where they stock them.

the gameplay isn't bad at all but who want to play against 6-11 year olds, I mean they will just cry when they lose

give it time my friend as sooon as they make tourniments this will have plenty of 14 year old or older players.
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:17 PM)To Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:13 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Beyblade was basically the biggest toy around during its peak. I fail to see why Yu-Gi-Oh! doesn't count.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is mostly known as being a TCG, this is a toyline. $6 toys are harder to sell then $4 cards. Yu-Gi-Oh! also had massive tournaments, this thing doesn't have compeitive play IIRC.

The markets for Bakugan and YGO are the same. Bakugan is just as much a card game as it is a toy.

(Sep. 26, 2008  11:21 PM)Leo Aggressive Wrote: I don't even get how 6-11 play Bakugan because it so dam confusing

It's incredibly simple.
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:35 PM)Kyanbu.XM Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:32 PM)Leo Aggressive Wrote:

give it time my friend as sooon as they make tourniments this will have plenty of 14 year old or older players.

Well I play the game sometime but not all the time, I got 15 different bakugan with different colors and I alway practice my shots with them and also if u wanna buy a starter pack then I will pm you and tell u where to buy them at
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:39 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:17 PM)To Wrote:

The markets for Bakugan and YGO are the same. Bakugan is just as much a card game as it is a toy.

(Sep. 26, 2008  11:21 PM)Leo Aggressive Wrote: I don't even get how 6-11 play Bakugan because it so dam confusing

It's incredibly simple.

yeah I know, I play it sometimes

Ha, my TRU has you beat by one, they had a "No More then 3 Bakugan Items at once" sign.
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:46 PM)To Wrote:

Ha, my TRU has you beat by one, they had a "No More then 3 Bakugan Items at once" sign.

Chocked_2; damn I swear there like candy for little kids! LoL
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:46 PM)To Wrote:

that is dumb, u can buy how many items off the same stuff u want
(Sep. 26, 2008  11:52 PM)Evan Wrote: Kids these days....

Seriously >_<

this is a beyblade board