BB-11 Wolf D125B

(Sep. 15, 2008  12:35 AM)bladehoarder Wrote: I don't like the wheel (for right-spin), but the track and tip look very promising.

Well, sounds would work a bit better. We have yet to see the whole Beyblade as far as I know. I'm just hoping the "D" is a ring that works like a weight disk
I don't think the D-ring is like a weight disk. If wolf was, even for a short while, the only MFB series blade with a weight disk, it would have a massive weight advantage and would be totally broken. The D-ring seems to me to be more analogous to support parts.
(Sep. 15, 2008  12:42 AM)bladehoarder Wrote: I don't think the D-ring is like a weight disk. If wolf was, even for a short while, the only MFB series blade with a weight disk, it would have a massive weight advantage and would be totally broken. The D-ring seems to me to be more analogous to support parts.

You worded it better, yes I meant weight disk as in you attached it below the Wheel; but is interchangeable between tracks
(Sep. 15, 2008  12:48 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2008  12:42 AM)bladehoarder Wrote: I don't think the D-ring is like a weight disk. If wolf was, even for a short while, the only MFB series blade with a weight disk, it would have a massive weight advantage and would be totally broken. The D-ring seems to me to be more analogous to support parts.

You worded it better, yes I meant weight disk as in you attached it below the Wheel; but is interchangeable between tracks

As far as we know, the ring is only usable on the D125 Track (you can't use it on the 105 or 145 Tracks).
(Sep. 15, 2008  12:51 AM)Grey Wrote:

As far as we know, the ring is only usable on the D125 Track (you can't use it on the 105 or 145 Tracks).

I really don't understand why Takara would do that Pinching_eyes

I do not like the way you worded it : the ring is part of D125. It cannot be "used on D125".
Correct. Essentially it's just a Track with a big plastic ring going around it.
I can't wait to see what it actually looks like.
The plastic ring will move the rotational centre of gravity further away from the axis of rotation, decreasing RPM but increasing balance and therefor endurance. It's the reverse of a compact combo. For those who remember, Trypio was an example of this in the extreme. The added benefit is that because of the increased balance, this track will have considerably more defense than other ones, as it conserves angular momentum much more efficiently. It will recover from hits faster, with less lateral movement. I'll be eagre to test this puppy out.
(Sep. 15, 2008  12:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

I do not like the way you worded it : the ring is part of D125. It cannot be "used on D125".
Sorry, that's what I meant. Lips_sealed

I hope that they release this type of Track with a Metal Ring eventually. I've been less excited about Wolf since finding out that the ring on the D125 is Plastic. :\ No matter how useful either will be.
(Sep. 15, 2008  12:52 AM)Evan Wrote:

I really don't understand why Takara would do that Pinching_eyes

I would imagin so they can release other "D" tracks.
Why wouldn't they do that? It makes to control which attributes are available at which heights. Maybe they decided this height is the best height to provide it at without breaking the game.
I just cant think of much things they can do to the tracks beyond what they have now and a bearing track. Its obvious that there will be more but i figured they can go through each feature they add to tracks on different heights to add coustimization possiblities.

I just think there not going to repeat parts like HMS did as apposed to the plastic gen with all the semi flat flat and sharp bases.

Of corse they thought up lots of things before so who knows maybe they did find that the best size for it and each track will have new features.
(Sep. 16, 2008  2:32 AM)Maz Wrote: I just cant think of much things they can do to the tracks beyond what they have now and a bearing track.

When Beyblade first started in 1998, do you think anyone expected there to be momentum-based clutches and engines and stuff?

Give them time.
I know thats exactly what im doing Tongue_out I dont expect them to continuously keep adding features so soon thats why i think they will reuse them on different sized tracks.

Do you think since these first MFB geting released are part of a series (constilation i think it was) like they had with plastic blades, each series will have a variation of a new feature?
Like V had magnets V2 had support parts G had engine etc etc
(Sep. 16, 2008  2:42 AM)Maz Wrote: I know thats exactly what im doing Tongue_out I dont expect them to continuously keep adding features so soon thats why i think they will reuse them on different tracks.

Do you think since these first MFB geting released are part of a series (constilation i think) like they had with plastic blades, each series will have a variation of a new feature?
Like V had magnets V2 had support parts G had engine etc etc

I don't see why they wouldn't

Although having two separate features released at the same time would be a nice surprise.

kinda like what they did with Engine Gear and HMS, although that may have just been poor planning. I bought Driger MS and Gaia Dragoon MS the same time that I bought my first Engine Gear Beyblades (Driger G or Metal Driger). It was weird, but in an awesome way
(Sep. 16, 2008  2:45 AM)Grey Wrote: Although having two separate features released at the same time would be a nice surprise.

Its kinda a bitter sweet thing because its always fun to see how the competitive combos evolve through out the series. But more parts is always good Grin
I'm probably not seeing the bigger picture, but I'm not sure where they could put innovations for MFB. The plastics had the BB as well as the SG which could be upgraded easily. HMS lost that, but they at least had WDs that had CWDs. With MFB, maybe they're just at the beginning stage where they'd be the # Series and they'd eventually make it to the A Series. Again, I don't see much they could improve on unless the tracks change completely.
(Sep. 16, 2008  2:49 AM)Maz Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2008  2:45 AM)Grey Wrote: Although having two separate features released at the same time would be a nice surprise.

Its kinda a bitter sweet thing because its always fun to see how the competitive combos evolve through out the series. But more parts is always good Grin

Hmm, not to me

But then again, I was too young to focus on how the parts evolved at the time

I just paid attention to the Driger series :-P

(Sep. 16, 2008  2:52 AM)G Wrote: I'm probably not seeing the bigger picture, but I'm not sure where they could put innovations for MFB. The plastics had the BB as well as the SG which could be upgraded easily. HMS lost that, but they at least had WDs that had CWDs. With MFB, maybe they're just at the beginning stage where they'd be the # Series and they'd eventually make it to the A Series. Again, I don't see much they could improve on unless the tracks change completely.

I see the Tracks as the only thing they could really apply new features and gimmicks to.
Bottoms and Wheels can have new features (like heavy Bottoms for Defense and Subrings), but I see a lot more potential for gimmicks in Tracks. I'm hoping to see an Upper Attack support part similar to the Driger V2's gimmick in the future, for example.
They can always make Heavy Metal Faces. Maybe if there are future iterations of Wolf theyll add one and keep Wolf defence oriented.
(Sep. 16, 2008  3:06 AM)Maz Wrote: They can always make Heavy Metal Faces. Maybe if there are future iterations of Wolf theyll add one and keep Wolf defence oriented.

I only wonder if having a Metal Face on a Plastic Track will ruin the plastic in the Track, or vice versa, upon impact.

Although I could understand that kind of problem happening more with a Metal Bottom and a Plastic Track, if this problem is seriously possible.

Either way, I'd like to see an all-metal Face or Bottom. Good central weight is something that MFB really lacks.
They can always keep the top of the face metal the the part that attacked to the track can stay plastic. They can also keep the inside metal and have the outside plastic.
(Sep. 16, 2008  3:24 AM)Maz Wrote: They can always keep the top of the face metal the the part that attacked to the track can stay plastic. They can also keep the inside metal and have the outside plastic.

True, I could see that working.

Back on-topic:

Does anyone think that the "D" in Wolf's Track's name have anything to do with the "DF" in Libra's Track's name? I don't think there really has to be a connection, but I wonder if "DF" is a varation of "D" of some sort.
Just to address metal Faces, I don't think it would be a good idea to make it all metal, but to make it metal on the inside would be cool.
Is it just me or does the bottom look enormously big (as big as the ring on the Track). Must be the angle distortion...

Also, it looks like Tracks have a cylindrical hole in them. I can't tell from the MFB pics in Beywiki or any other site for that matter, so verification please Grin. How is an MFB even assembled? That being said, I could totally picture a Bottom with a shaft, with the casings fitting into the hole and attaching at the end.