B-106 Booster Emperor Forneus .0.Yr

(Mar. 29, 2018  2:23 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2018  6:26 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: So is Yard's spring lock stronger than Atomic's?

no it’s not

if anything it’s weaker

but it’s hard to tell exactly because you grip Yd from further out, generating more leverage. so it feels much weaker

however when you just test the springs from the sides, it’s the same or slightly weaker

——

after running through tons of old discs 
i have nothing new to share. they do seem to like discs under 20g. 

but i’m officially done trying to justify competitive use for current super-z.  

they are just not any better than the top tier god layer combos, in fact they are usually worse

Great input!

May I ask a question? How burstable did you find the Super Z beys in your testing? Some people are wondering if they're more difficult to burst.
(Mar. 29, 2018  2:55 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2018  2:23 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: no it’s not

if anything it’s weaker

but it’s hard to tell exactly because you grip Yd from further out, generating more leverage. so it feels much weaker

however when you just test the springs from the sides, it’s the same or slightly weaker

——

after running through tons of old discs 
i have nothing new to share. they do seem to like discs under 20g. 

but i’m officially done trying to justify competitive use for current super-z.  

they are just not any better than the top tier god layer combos, in fact they are usually worse

Great input!

May I ask a question? How burstable did you find the Super Z beys in your testing? Some people are wondering if they're more difficult to burst.

i think burstablity goes up with disc weight.  

they are not any more difficult to burst than some god layers, imo.
I actually found some use for Forneus. I put 4 Glaive Bearing on it and figured out that the following instability makes it great for stationary attack/destabilizing. It dropped several Deep Chaos and Sieg Xcalibur customs that my friend put against it with no trouble at all. I wouldn't knock these guys yet. You just gotta try things you wouldn't normally try.
(Mar. 30, 2018  3:13 AM)strato-abyss19 Wrote: I actually found some use for Forneus. I put 4 Glaive Bearing on it and figured out that the following instability makes it great for stationary attack/destabilizing. It dropped several Deep Chaos and Sieg Xcalibur customs that my friend put against it with no trouble at all. I wouldn't knock these guys yet. You just gotta try things you wouldn't normally try.

emperor forneus is not a bad layer.  it’s a solid layer that can beat lots of things.

but if you bring that eF.4G.Br to a tournament, it might be a short run for you with double elimination now enforced.  

it’s pretty much wall to wall mG/G3 and Sr in the early rounds.  

do you know of an eF combo that can beat those?
Give me some time and I can make one. Challenge accepted.
(Mar. 30, 2018  3:45 AM)strato-abyss19 Wrote: Give me some time and I can make one. Challenge accepted.

ok, specifically

G3.7S.At
Sr.0B.Ds/At (left and right spin)
Sr.7.Br (left spin)
Give me upwards of a few weeks to get all of the necessary parts and I will do this. I can find SOME way to make Forneus tournament viable.

I didn't have Atomic for G3 but Orbit was viable enough.

Garuda G3 7 Star Orbit VS. Emperor Forneus 0 Bump Yard

Equipment: Garuda G3 used Sword Launcher launched at 100% power at a flat angle, Forneus used Light Launcher LR with grip at 100% at a flat angle. Used Basic type Beystadium.

Out of 4 battles, Forneus won by Survivor Finish 3 times and Ring-Out finish 1 time. Most battles were close, but it was an evident victory on Forneus' end. I will do testing on Sr when I actually get one.
(Mar. 30, 2018  5:53 AM)strato-abyss19 Wrote: Give me upwards of a few weeks to get all of the necessary parts and I will do this. I can find SOME way to make Forneus tournament viable.

I didn't have Atomic for G3 but Orbit was viable enough.

Garuda G3 7 Star Orbit VS. Emperor Forneus 0 Bump Yard

Equipment: Garuda G3 used Sword Launcher launched at 100% power at a flat angle, Forneus used Light Launcher LR with grip at 100% at a flat angle. Used Basic type Beystadium.

Out of 4 battles, Forneus won by Survivor Finish 3 times and Ring-Out finish 1 time. Most battles were close, but it was an evident victory on Forneus' end. I will do testing on Sr when I actually get one.

you might consider continuing your tests.  this is borderline misinformation.
(Mar. 30, 2018  7:12 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: you might consider continuing your tests.  this is borderline misinformation.

I think you should be more open about information.
(Mar. 30, 2018  2:10 PM)ptf606 Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2018  7:12 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: you might consider continuing your tests.  this is borderline misinformation.

I think you should be more open about information.

misinformation is not information, 4 tests are simply not enough.

if you'd like to post some similar combo results, i’m completely open to consideration.
that’s why i’m asking for tests

top tier competitive combos for eF might exist
i just can’t find them/no longer trying
RedPanda2 is right. 4 tests is not nearly enough. Do at least 20 or more. (A hundred would probably be best, but hey.)

You have to leave room for error. It's not being not-open to request further testing to prove a case. I can flip a coin 4 times and get 4 heads and claim that flipping a coin always gets heads, and anyone who knows probability would know that is wrong and that more tests are needed to show the 50/50 chance.

If you're going to do testing, you gotta be more scientific about it, that's all. You gotta have a good amount of data for proof, not just a little bit.
In my opinion, I feel like 10 battles is about the minimum for testing. Even then, you'll have to back your info up with what you observed.
Very well, I can continue my tests as many times as it takes. As for more info, what exactly are you looking for? Most of the time when I look on the testing pages, people just post the combos and the equipment, then how many times each combo won. Anything else you want?
(Mar. 30, 2018  5:11 PM)strato-abyss19 Wrote: Very well, I can continue my tests as many times as it takes. As for more info, what exactly are you looking for? Most of the time when I look on the testing pages, people just post the combos and the equipment, then how many times each combo won. Anything else you want?

as long as you’re taking requests, how about an unedited raw video?
Hey guys, if you want to continue discussing testing Emperor Forneus, I would suggest making a thread here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Burst-Customizations

Would love to see some more comprehensive tests!

And for what it's worth, I have also found that Super Z Beyblades are less likely to burst (and are more controllable with things like Xtreme) if you use lighter Disks. It's pretty cool that some older Disks could technically become viable now for Attack combos.
Interesting. Try things you wouldn't normally try. That would be cool to see some older parts back on the newer beys. As for the video, it'll be some time since I gotta work till 5 today, but I'll get you a video.
(Mar. 30, 2018  5:41 PM)strato-abyss19 Wrote: Interesting. Try things you wouldn't normally try. That would be cool to see some older parts back on the newer beys. As for the video, it'll be some time since I gotta work till 5 today, but I'll get you a video.

ok thanks, maybe when you are ready you could start a thread in the burst customizations forum as kei asked? 

i now realize my request is off topic in this thread

thanks.

It looks like Atomic has more LAD than Yard.
I don't wanna be mean or anything but id rather take a testing from someone else...
Good video, thanks for sharing. Based on previous comments in this thread and this video I think it's safe to say Yard isn't much better than Atomic
Bumping this thread to ask for combo suggestions for those that have tested it, eF is the heaviest layer I own and I want to put it to good use.