Attack Type: The true Balancer

OK, so Attack-types aren't actually Balancers. That much is obvious. However, if I have no way of telling what choice the opponent will make, I tend to choose Attack-types.

Now, generally when you're picking blind you'll select a Stamina-type because as long as it stays in the stadium, it will generally win. So why would I pick an Attack-type? The answer is that if you use an Attack-type correctly, it can overcome type-countering and win.

The only true weakness Attack-types have is Defense-types, but even then, anyone who's tested (MF) Libra C145WB against Quetzalcoatl 90RF or something similar has realized that if you can manage direct hits early on you still have a high chance to KO. So, even against its greatest weakness, you still have a fairly high chance for victory.

Attack-types overcome typing barriers ... Attack-types rely far more on your skill, and if you have the confidence and ability to use it correctly, it will always be a fierce obstacle for your opponent.
GO ATTACK TYPES,LONG LIVE RF...and long live my dreams of owning Quetz.HUZZAH!
This I agree with.

I've always had a preference for Attack types for this reason. Sure they can't spin for a long time, but if it can get in good hits in the first 5 seconds, the scale can very well tip in your favor. That's why my favorite plastic blade is Gaia Dragoon V. High Speed, high power, enough to for people to at least feel not so confident they are about to go against it.
I always make blades with storm grip.. I really really like it..
(Jun. 28, 2009  11:46 PM)Tempestas007 Wrote: This I agree with.

I've always had a preference for Attack types for this reason. Sure they can't spin for a long time, but if it can get in good hits in the first 5 seconds, the scale can very well tip in your favor. That's why my favorite plastic blade is Gaia Dragoon V. High Speed, high power, enough to for people to at least feel not so confident they are about to go against it.

..I have had gaia dragoon V.I can honestly say that its speed...not enough that speedy compared to some plastics.Its attack power,like 6/10.Its metal tip 8/10.I think most people get gaia dragoon V just for its metal tip.People should feel pretty confident going against gaia dragoon v uncustomized.My opnion though
I agree, as much as I love SG Metal Flat 2, it's not really in the top tier of high speed Attack BB. That goes to Grip Base and SG Grip Change Base.
thats a really cool concept and i agree Grin

back in plastics way back when... i always used to use attack types, partially because i was young and found them more fun, but also because i found that i was able to beat defense types with them more times than not which surprised me at first...

but yea i didnt really realize it then, nor was mature enough to formulate a strategy around it, but is quite true Grin.
I remember at BWR, there were almost no Attack-types in use, despite the fact that many players had RF ready to use. Particularly with hard-to-control tips such as RF, confidence is such a huge factor. When I'd first gotten RF and was using the BeyLauncher, I absolutely couldn't control it. Now that I've nailed the shooting technique, I'd be completely confident using RF in a serious battle.

If you don't have the confidence, you will likely mis-shoot, and lose the battle.
Well,I would always like My metal dranzer.It had no real attack value,but As far as I can remember it was first blade.At first I thought it was good because it beat all my other blades (I know why now..the other blades sucked.It was master Draciel,Dragoon something,a Driger,I think Driger F or something) But later I found out it was not all that good when someone beat it (using an HMS....) but it got beaten alot of times after that (but blades that are actually useful) But to this day I will always love metal dranzer
I have never really thought of attack types in this way. It makes perfect sense. I will start usisng attack types more for this reason. I never had any Rubber bases or Running cores, so I used to like stamina types. But now that I have a RF bottom Im liking attack types more.
(Jun. 28, 2009  11:53 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I remember at BWR, there were almost no Attack-types in use, despite the fact that many players had RF ready to use. Particularly with hard-to-control tips such as RF, confidence is such a huge factor. When I'd first gotten RF and was using the BeyLauncher, I absolutely couldn't control it. Now that I've nailed the shooting technique, I'd be completely confident using RF in a serious battle.

If you don't have the confidence, you will likely mis-shoot, and lose the battle.

confidence is key, I was nowhere near confident at the time to risk winning on such a temperamental blade. I had no experience with the Balance and Stamina so I did not feel comfortable trying RF in those dishes.
(Jun. 28, 2009  11:53 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I remember at BWR, there were almost no Attack-types in use, despite the fact that many players had RF ready to use. Particularly with hard-to-control tips such as RF, confidence is such a huge factor. When I'd first gotten RF and was using the BeyLauncher, I absolutely couldn't control it. Now that I've nailed the shooting technique, I'd be completely confident using RF in a serious battle.

Doesn't Metal Face really help the uncontrollable-ness (not a word)..?

Or does it really dimish it's attacking power..
(Jun. 28, 2009  11:50 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I agree, as much as I love SG Metal Flat 2, it's not really in the top tier of high speed Attack BB. That goes to Grip Base and SG Grip Change Base.

It may not be top tier, but I still feel that it does its job.

And yea, as Brad said, confidence is key and in conjunction with that practice with the blade itself. Like Storm Pegasis, I don't own it yet, but from what I've seen, it looks pretty uncontrollable, or it would be once you first get it. So getting comfortable with it would be so beneficial.
(Jun. 28, 2009  11:59 PM)Khel Wrote: confidence is key, I was nowhere near confident at the time to risk winning on such a temperamental blade. I had no experience with the Balance and Stamina so I did not feel comfortable trying RF in those dishes.

I'm not sure I would use RF in those stadiums, either.

(Jun. 28, 2009  11:59 PM)Ghost Wrote: Doesn't Metal Face really help the uncontrollable-ness (not a word)..?

Or does it really dimish it's attacking power..

It helps, but it still requires skill.
I agree heavily with the sentiments in the OP. Attack types are truely the wild card of the game though, as it heavily depends on the player and his/her shooting tech. I'm still working on it, although I haven't used RF since I put S.Peg up for auction XD
Out of curiosity is there a possibility for people to list shooting technique here for RF? I've gotten pretty consistent with sliding shoot, are there other techniques anyone would recommend?

On a side note I agree with the sentiments about RF being stupid hard to control, granted it probably wasn't the best choice to jump into MFB with ^^;
Haha, Yeah, at BWR my most agressive blade used Semi-Flat.
I had no confidence in using RF (or even F) in any real battles.

Attack types are pretty much the most fun you can have in beyblade, the fast paced action sure beats watching two tops hit each other for 3 minutes waiting for one to stop spinning.
Hiro, I'll do a video of it some time soon.
~dance~ Awesome.

I figure since I've put the combo together I should learn how to fully utilize it ^^;

From what I gathered RF is the main bottom for attack types BUT you also mentioned you may not use RF in Balance and Stamina dishes is there a bottom you would use with an attack type still?
Well, particularly in the Stamina BeyStadium, I think an Attack-type would be absolute suicide. As for Balance, the lack of a Tornado Ridge or a lip at the exits makes any Attack-type really risky ...

Essentially, RF is the only Bottom with enough power for Attack, but it's so dangerous to use in those stadiums that Stamina-types are probably a better selection.
Agree with everything said here. Smile I really need more confidence RFwise....^^;
(Jun. 28, 2009  11:53 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I remember at BWR, there were almost no Attack-types in use, despite the fact that many players had RF ready to use. Particularly with hard-to-control tips such as RF, confidence is such a huge factor.
This is exactly why I chose to not use an Attack-type during the tournament. Was not confident enough with them yet, and I was sure that many others were not as well (as is now evident by Khel and Crimson's posts). Between battles I kept testing Attack-types, going back and forth trying to decide if I should use one or not, and eventually decided against it after being screwed over when I used one during a Round Robin lmao

RF in the Stamina Stadium is suicide though, doesn't matter how skilled you are with it. Using a F or HF based custom in it though would be interesting; Dani tried this against me during BWR (if I'm not mistaken), and in the one battle that she did not miss the stadium, did get some good hits against my MF Libra D125B (if I'm not mistaken lol); but some more testing would obviously have to be done.
The day that something along the lines of a bottom like Grip Defense comes along defense types will rule.
Agree with everything said in the OP as well. I've noticed this, too. I've gotten KO's on Libra D125B with Leone105F/Pegasis105F. Also, this explains why I suck with attacks so much in the BeyAttack stadium, there isn't a tornado ridge. XD And, yeah, I need more confidence as well. In our tournaments, I used all Defense blades (a spin stealer once, though). I gotta practice more, I still think I bank half the time I try to do the sliding shoot, since it feels weird to push the launcher forward for me, while launching.
Agree with this fully, although I hardly have any MFB. Lol I got as much confidence, I was using Storm Pegasis from the start xD

And I'm going Storm Pegasis all the way Smile