Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Feb. 22, 2012  4:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I do it in a twisted way with any Launcher Grip, but if you want to be more conventional, then only the 3 Segment Launcher Grip allows you to do that.

The 3 Segment grip only allows for that set up with string launchers not light launchers. No?
Oh, yes, for the Light Launcher, there does not seem to be any proper way.
Question, why is Takara Tomy's Beyblade site not showing up and is it with other people or just me? Sorry I could any other q&a thread for this.
That isn't really a question to ask here. This is a place to ask questions about the actual hobby.
Let me guess ask a member about it in a PM?
Considering the majority of us cannot speak Japanese, or have really any connection with the site, nobody would know. Either you're entering the URL wrong, or it is just temporarily down.. I'm sure you can wait.
What is the best mode possible for variares?Speechless
Uncustomized? Variares D:D (F mode)
If you're asking about the Metal Wheel, then there really is no best mode since you can't lock them in or anything.
(Feb. 23, 2012  3:10 AM)ssj4yamigingka Wrote: What is the best mode possible for variares?Speechless

It depends on what your fighting. Var Ares does good in right spin. But it also does good in left. Personally I prefer Vari ARes in right spin.
It makes since considering the fact it get knocked around so much because of the d:d height. Even on wb. Left spin is best or is it right spin.
Left is best. Variares has too much recoil for anything other than Attack, so it would work best in F Mode, left spin.
(Feb. 23, 2012  2:18 AM)spiralcapricorn Wrote: Question, why is Takara Tomy's Beyblade site not showing up and is it with other people or just me? Sorry I could any other q&a thread for this.

I have no problem at all with any part of TAKARA-TOMY's website.
(Feb. 23, 2012  3:18 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Left is best. Variares has too much recoil for anything other than Attack, so it would work best in F Mode, left spin.

If I am not mistaken, Right Spin is the most popular, and probably the better off the two spin-modes as long as it is battling a Right Spin bey.
The Smash produced by VariAres in Right Spin against a Right Spin bey is ferocious! Grin
While the same in Left Spin isn't as phenomenal as Right Spin... The attacks tend to get lighter and lighter...
Yes, the recoil is reduced though, but we have better things (MFs, RFs) to solve the purpose. Smile
I am not saying that Left Spin is bad, it is probably not the most preferred choice.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I've heard that in the current metagame, Bull(CW) is inferior to Kerbecs and Aquario. Why is that?
Bull is a nice, heavy CW. But Aquario and Kerbecs have better weight distribution. Smile
(Feb. 23, 2012  6:31 PM)V-Rock Wrote: I've heard that in the current metagame, Bull(CW) is inferior to Kerbecs and Aquario. Why is that?

Aquario provides perfect circular weight distribution for round tracks and round wheels. Kerbecs and Unicorno II are both incredibly good for 3-sided wheels. Cancer has better two-sided synergy than Bull, due to being more well-balanced. I'd call CW priority something like this:

1. Aquario
2. Kerbecs/Unicorno II
3. Cancer/Cygnus(both extremely well-balanced, round, two-sided)
4. Bull

Of course this is mostly for min/maxing and mirror matches, but still.
Is it legal to use Diablo Nemesis XGrin in ultimate balance mode but have XGrin raised into sharp mode so that XGrin does not constantly change modes?
I don't think the mode change is avoidable....
I have diablo nemesis and u can have it in free spinnning mode and keep it in sharp Smile But the free spinning doesn't actually help unless u want mode changes... If u want to keep it in s, I suggest just have it in normal mode.
(Feb. 23, 2012  7:14 AM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Feb. 23, 2012  3:18 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Left is best. Variares has too much recoil for anything other than Attack, so it would work best in F Mode, left spin.

If I am not mistaken, Right Spin is the most popular, and probably the better off the two spin-modes as long as it is battling a Right Spin bey.
The Smash produced by VariAres in Right Spin against a Right Spin bey is ferocious! Grin
While the same in Left Spin isn't as phenomenal as Right Spin... The attacks tend to get lighter and lighter...
Yes, the recoil is reduced though, but we have better things (MFs, RFs) to solve the purpose. Smile
I am not saying that Left Spin is bad, it is probably not the most preferred choice.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, right spin is arguably the most widely-used and useful spin. However, it is not always the solution. Left spin does have it's uses as well. Since Vari ares is heavy and usually loses in speed, left spin can be used to counter this. It can also be used together with it's weight to ram into opponents or destabilize defense types for an easier KO. Most of the time it's used in right spin but in more heated and diversed battles, it depends on the situation.

AFAIK Variares does not 'destabilize' defense types. So far, mine hasn't at least. And Variares has a very poor stamina so left spin does not help it to win/ improve chances of winning by spin equalizing unless it is able to give a good hit to the opponent and KO it. However since most opponents are right-spin, it is better to use it in right-spin to avoid the use of weak launching against it. If the opponent is a left-spin defense type(a very rare case) then the left-spin direction should be used.
I find my MF vari area CH120 RF does 'destabilize' my MF-H death kerbecs BD145 CS to some extent, and sometimes even to the point where Bd145 scapes.
Does scythe Kronos beat earth eagle? (no change in parts)
Is it good to use mfs with WD EDS and attack PTs such a rf or rf2 or flat?
Yes. It beats Earth Eagle in Normal Circumstances.
MFs help to reduce recoil. They are suggested for attackers and for defense types(although MF-H is better). Howver thye should not be used for stamina-type beys as it degrades the stamina.
I read the article on beywiki about metal faces and I was wondering, in many of the beychannel vids of tourneys, how come so many people use mfs with stamina beys then?? I always assumed before I read the article that it makes the bey better even if it is a stamina type... I think I Also read somewhere that an MF-L is good for stamina, I am just curious if this was false info...