Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Oct. 06, 2011  3:29 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2011  3:25 AM)Boxhead Wrote: Pegasis and Quetzalcoatl in smash i heard that Quetzalcoatl was once top tier.

Which Metal Wheel has more smash Pegasis or Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl was an extremely dominant Force Smash wheel during its hayday, and is still superior to Pegasis, though both are inconsequential now.

I heard some parts were not tested properly when Quetz was Top-Tier. Later on when they were tested, they proved to be better than Quetz.
Basically, It was Top Tier even thought better choices were available.
i noticed that people sya that rubber semi flat is a good defence tip but sya it weakness is left spin attck combos like eg gravity persus 85rf (left mode) so does that mean that if teh same combo was right spin rsf would do better

i just dont understand how the direction of teh oposing beyblade would be that important

so what im trying to ask is why are left spin combos better angast rsf that right spin combos
thats true kai, but how can i fix it, seeing as i already bought it?
(Oct. 06, 2011  7:01 AM)njrk97 Wrote: i noticed that people sya that rubber semi flat is a good defence tip but sya it weakness is left spin attck combos like eg gravity persus 85rf (left mode) so does that mean that if teh same combo was right spin rsf would do better

i just dont understand how the direction of teh oposing beyblade would be that important

so what im trying to ask is why are left spin combos better angast rsf that right spin combos

Interesting question, that.
We did draw conclusions of left spin attack being highly effective, but we didn't really work upon how and why is it so effective.
First off, this is all about physics.
I really won't be able to explain it scientifically or something, but I can give examples.
Say, if we both are right spinning beys. I am a top tier attacker, while you are RSF based Defense Combo. Now, you do know that when Right Spin beys make contact, they both spin in opposite directions to each other at the contact point.
Hence, say we both run towards each other, and you are wearing high grip shoes while I am wearing skates.
We both push each other when we meet. The result, you are least affected, while I completely lose balance, and fall.
Now say I am a Left Spin Attacker. Now, we know that on making contact, both the beys will seem to spin in the same direction at the contact points.
Hence, say you run around, and I come behind you in full speed(wearing skates).
Now, when I push you, you will certainly have some problems. Even I, will suffer some damage, which explains recoil to some extent.

I hope you understood my answer. This is one example which I always keep in mind to understand certain beyblade concepts. Since I am BAD at framing my answers, this might be quite unclear.
The bolded text is something which you might not understand if you are new to beyblade. But, the chances of that occurrence is rare, as this was even shown in the anime.
If you do not understand it, then we would explain it to you soon! Smile
I am sure Hazel would know the scientific explanation about this theory.

NOTE- Please remember! The direction mentioned in the answer refers to the direction of spin, and not the direction in which the beys circle the stadium. Smile
Hi guys,

I know there's been a lot of talk about Scythe Kronos and Phantom Orion and their usefulness. I'm curious, how prone to cracking is the PC wheel of scythe? I love the look and want to get one but am not sure if i should if the PC could just crack on me. Or is it too early to ask this question, since it was released not to long ago.

Thanks!
Um, I think your question might go in Purchase Consultation, but about the breaking thing-
Well, almost all PC frames are too thin and hence, quite fragile.
But, they aren't TOO fragile altogether. If handled properly, they may last undamaged for a century!
Scythe Kronos is always a good purchase, and if you are overlooking it just because of a PC frame which might crack, then its wrong IMO.
(Oct. 06, 2011  12:26 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Um, I think your question might go in Purchase Consultation, but about the breaking thing-
Well, almost all PC frames are too thin and hence, quite fragile.
But, they aren't TOO fragile altogether. If handled properly, they may last undamaged for a century!
Scythe Kronos is always a good purchase, and if you are overlooking it just because of a PC frame which might crack, then its wrong IMO.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if this post belonged here but figured it was a general question about scythe so figured it went here.

I'm just generally worried that if the PC frame makes contact in a game it'll just crack Unhappy but ya both beys look awesome!
(Oct. 06, 2011  7:01 AM)njrk97 Wrote: so what im trying to ask is why are left spin combos better angast rsf that right spin combos

Janstar had a good start but didn't really finish the explanation. RSF has a large amount of friction, meaning that it will be hard for the opposing bey to move it. Against regular attack types, this is a major advantage as it will, in many cases, prevent a KO.
With left spin attackers however, this means the contact time is increased by a fair amount (in theory atleast), meaning that there will be more time for them to spin equalise and, as RSF is the least aggressive tip, the equalisation will almost always work out in the attacker's favour. This makes it feasible for the attacker to survive long enough to off balance or even potentially outspin the RSF tipped bey in a situation where a normal attack type would be bad.

This isn't definite knowledge on my part but it does seem like the obvious conclusion. And even if it doesn't actually increase contact time, the alternate direction of stadium circling means that the left spin bey will hit again more quickly if its opponent experiences less recall (thus making contact more frequent atleast).
I have been trying to find the Basalt TH170CS thread, and I can't I even used the search function. Can anyone give me a link to it?
(Oct. 06, 2011  10:37 PM)KiLL_SwiTcH Wrote: I have been trying to find the Basalt TH170CS thread, and I can't I even used the search function. Can anyone give me a link to it?

The closest thing to what you're after is:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MF-H-BAS...lt+TH170CS

MF-H Basalt TH170MB.
Do you guys think that if someone sold RB7 to me and it has been checked if it was Beat Lynx that would be cheating in the Random Booster lottery, or should I just go for it?
(Oct. 06, 2011  10:44 PM)+۩l-ln0loG!c Wrote: Do you guys think that if someone sold RB7 to me and it has been checked if it was Beat Lynx that would be cheating in the Random Booster lottery, or should I just go for it?

If you want a specific bey from an RBV7, there is no shame in ordering one that has been confirmed to be that Bey.
(Oct. 06, 2011  12:16 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2011  7:01 AM)njrk97 Wrote: i noticed that people sya that rubber semi flat is a good defence tip but sya it weakness is left spin attck combos like eg gravity persus 85rf (left mode) so does that mean that if teh same combo was right spin rsf would do better

Interesting question, that.
We did draw conclusions of left spin attack being highly effective, but we didn't really work upon how and why is it so effective.
First off, this is all about physics.
I really won't be able to explain it scientifically or something, but I can give examples.
Say, if we both are right spinning beys. I am a top tier attacker, while you are RSF based Defense Combo. Now, you do know that when Right Spin beys make contact, they both spin in opposite directions to each other at the contact point.
Hence, say we both run towards each other, and you are wearing high grip shoes while I am wearing skates.
We both push each other when we meet. The result, you are least affected, while I completely lose balance, and fall.
Now say I am a Left Spin Attacker. Now, we know that on making contact, both the beys will seem to spin in the same direction at the contact points.
Hence, say you run around, and I come behind you in full speed(wearing skates).
Now, when I push you, you will certainly have some problems. Even I, will suffer some damage, which explains recoil to some extent.

I hope you understood my answer. This is one example which I always keep in mind to understand certain beyblade concepts. Since I am BAD at framing my answers, this might be quite unclear.
The bolded text is something which you might not understand if you are new to beyblade. But, the chances of that occurrence is rare, as this was even shown in the anime.
If you do not understand it, then we would explain it to you soon! Smile
I am sure Hazel would know the scientific explanation about this theory.

NOTE- Please remember! The direction mentioned in the answer refers to the direction of spin, and not the direction in which the beys circle the stadium. Smile
i see so that what happens thnaks
(Oct. 06, 2011  10:44 PM)+۩l-ln0loG!c Wrote: Do you guys think that if someone sold RB7 to me and it has been checked if it was Beat Lynx that would be cheating in the Random Booster lottery, or should I just go for it?

This is an interesting question from both an ethical and a probability standpoint.

I think that if the seller knows for sure what a random booster contains (or does not contain) then that seller has an obligation to disclose to the buyer what they know. If the seller knows what is in the box (like a He'll Herculeo for example), then the seller should sell it as a He'll Herculeo - not a random booster. If the seller is selling 10 random boosters but knows that none of them contain beat lynx, then the seller should say that none of the booster have beat lynx. Anything other than this is unethical.

That isnt to say though that the mere act of opening the box strips a random booster of its "randomness". For example, if the random booster is part of a group of 16 random boosters which have all been inspected by the seller, but there are in fact 2 beat lynx in the group, then as long as the seller does not mark or separate out the boxes they are still random - to the seller, to the buyer, and to any outside observer - and the buyer still has the 1/8 chance of getting beat lynx.

Now, what happens as people buy the random boosters? Cases of random boosters from TT come with an even distribution of beys, so (even if a seller does not inspect the boxes) as boosters are opened the actual probabilities of hitting the prize bey change. Does ToyWiz or anyone else have an ethical obligation to inform prospective customers that all of the beat lynx from the RB7 on it's shelves have already been hit and they now have a 0/8 chance? Do they have an obligation to inform customers if there are 2 left out of 20 in stock and the odds are now 1/10? I don't think so. But others may disagree, and I'm interested in seeing what other people think.
Arupaeo He's saying what the beyblades are in the box.
(Oct. 07, 2011  12:36 AM)+۩l-ln0loG!c Wrote: Arupaeo He's saying what they beyblades are in the box.

Lol. Well, there I go thinking again. Smile

I still think the question I thought I was answering was interesting, but in the more limited case I can only echo Hazel's thoughts and say that I think it is just fine.
Has anyone had the problem of the track and bottom not fitting perfectly together and making a bit of a rattling noise? Does this actually effect how the beyblade will spin or can it just be ignored?
(Oct. 07, 2011  2:09 AM)Sheppard Wrote: Has anyone had the problem of the track and bottom not fitting perfectly together and making a bit of a rattling noise? Does this actually effect how the beyblade will spin or can it just be ignored?

Some tracks and bottoms do not fit tightly together; it is fairly common. The rattling usually is not a problem, as long as it is not to the point of causing dislodging or wobbling.
(Oct. 07, 2011  2:22 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2011  2:09 AM)Sheppard Wrote: Has anyone had the problem of the track and bottom not fitting perfectly together and making a bit of a rattling noise? Does this actually effect how the beyblade will spin or can it just be ignored?

Some tracks and bottoms do not fit tightly together; it is fairly common. The rattling usually is not a problem, as long as it is not to the point of causing dislodging or wobbling.

Alright, thanks.
(Oct. 06, 2011  1:55 AM)Cookies^^ Wrote: gibsonmac It's useful in the combo "MF Gravity Perseus UW145RF

Thanks... works great!

AkirasDaddy has a video on how to fix it.
I'm wondering on how to put spoiler things.....Kinda need help with that ._.
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:56 AM)Straight Edge Wrote: I'm wondering on how to put spoiler things.....Kinda need help with that ._.

First, read the rules in the first post of this topic. Second, you should use the Search function, many people have asked that question already.
Can anyone tell me what a pink wolf is from? I'm asking pre-hws not clear wheels. I just can't seem to find an answer.
(Oct. 07, 2011  5:37 AM)Omega12 Wrote: Can anyone tell me what a pink wolf is from? I'm asking pre-hws not clear wheels. I just can't seem to find an answer.

Yellowish orange Bull is from RB 2
Green Pegasis is from RB 1
Reddish Wolf is BB-11