Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Aug. 19, 2011  4:45 PM)DeX Wrote: Normally, nothing happens when you SS or bank a defense or stamina type. They just go in the middle. (in the case of WB, it goes a bit aggro)

Well... I did it once with a 100 WD beyblade, and it just stayed slanted for the entire match, but I don't see any use for it, besides destabilizing, which is nonexistant now...
(Aug. 19, 2011  4:48 PM)gokurox Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2011  4:45 PM)DeX Wrote: Normally, nothing happens when you SS or bank a defense or stamina type. They just go in the middle. (in the case of WB, it goes a bit aggro)

Well... I did it once with a 100 WD beyblade, and it just stayed slanted for the entire match, but I don't see any use for it, besides destabilizing, which is nonexistant now...

It was just unbalanced

now let's leave the subject and get to another one:
what happen if a person shoots a beyblade and it got out of the stadium with the opposing bey? Will it be tie or it depends?
(Aug. 19, 2011  4:52 PM)DeX Wrote:

It was just unbalanced

what happen if a person shoots a beyblade and it got out of the stadium with the opposing bey? Will it be tie or it depends?

I believe as long as they both went out within the same second it counts as a draw, unless it's obvious that one was further ahead/out before the other.

It was just unbalanced

It'll count as a tie, but depends where are you playing at.....

(Aug. 19, 2011  4:57 PM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote:

It was just unbalanced

It'll count as a tie, but depends where are you playing at.....

What does this statement mean?
Quote:but depends where are you playing at.....
I dont know what that means..probably the positioning WRT the walls..?? Well I think banking or SSing the defence/stamina beys makes them prone to getting KO at the start of the battle if battling against attackers....but against other defence & stamina types, it would add to the power and give a decent chance of win
What he appears to mean is that some places may rule differently to others on the situation in question.

Is it possible to slide shoot a Q tip or am I just wasting my time trying?
And am I right in thinking that the Attack Stadium you people are so fond of has an inner rim to it like that of the super vortex one?

Both of these questions greatly affect the feasibility of my stupid combo.
(Aug. 19, 2011  5:28 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Is it possible to slide shoot a Q tip or am I just wasting my time trying?
And am I right in thinking that the Attack Stadium you people are so fond of has an inner rim to it like that of the super vortex one?

Both of these questions greatly affect the feasibility of my stupid combo.

Even if you try, Q is just a bad Bottom, so it will end up jumping anything.

Are you referring to the Tornado Ridge/Ring ? Because a lot of stadiums have it ... What makes the difference is the slope and the exits ...
(Aug. 19, 2011  4:30 PM)darkbull9999 Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2011  4:19 PM)Hazel Wrote: Is it just me, or is sliding shoot more difficult to perform with a String Launcher than a Ripcord Launcher? And, from the way the String Launcher sits in TT-style grips, it seems like it'd make it even harder to do. Is this the case?
I find it very easy with a string launcher.

Same here. More control over how the launcher's angle is maintained during the "pull" with or without a grip handle.
1) Jumping occurs based on the combo and the launch. A good launch on a low bey will negate the majority of it (for me atleast). As such I can use it as an overly extreme attack type tip but I cannot get this "flower pattern" you lot talk of with it (I can get something like it with other attack types though).

2) AFAIK a "tornado ridge" is simply a lower angled outer section, present in most stadiums. What I am referring to is that annoying raised lip that prevents beys from reaching the outer edges of the super vortex stadium and seems to be present in the attack stadium (though I may be wrong). Does the attack stadium have this feature because it messes with many of my combos, especially the Q tip ones?
(Aug. 19, 2011  5:54 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: What I am referring to is that annoying raised lip that prevents beys from reaching the outer edges of the super vortex stadium and seems to be present in the attack stadium (though I may be wrong). Does the attack stadium have this feature because it messes with many of my combos, especially the Q tip ones?

That is the Tornado Ridge ... What you were describing before the quoted part is just the slope.
(Aug. 19, 2011  5:54 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: 2) AFAIK a "tornado ridge" is simply a lower angled outer section, present in most stadiums. What I am referring to is that annoying raised lip that prevents beys from reaching the outer edges of the super vortex stadium and seems to be present in the attack stadium (though I may be wrong). Does the attack stadium have this feature because it messes with many of my combos, especially the Q tip ones?

I took a picture of my Attack stadium for you to highlight the ridges it has.

im looking for a performance tip that has atleast 3 attack and 3 stamina and a decent defense for my balance type
The star ratings don't matter and if you have a ? about combos ask in build me a combo.
can someone tell me a good that has atleast 3 attack and 3 stamina and decent defense for my balance type Smile
(Aug. 19, 2011  10:12 PM)MugenHeadNinja Wrote: can someone tell me a good that has atleast 3 attack and 3 stamina and decent defense for my balance type Smile

srry about posting again the first one didnt show up so i retyped it and then both showed and i cant delete it Speechless
(Aug. 19, 2011  6:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: That is the Tornado Ridge ... What you were describing before the quoted part is just the slope.

Wow, I've been getting this wrong for so long then!
And I thought tornado ridges were meant to be a good thing...

(Aug. 19, 2011  6:57 PM)Hazel Wrote: I took a picture of my Attack stadium for you to highlight the ridges it has.

Thanks, it helps to see an opaque one for once.

EDIT: That's a weird design. It has a shallower slope (that I would previously have called a tornado ridge), the width of which is less than that of a beyblade, just before the tornado ridge (previously known as "that attack destroying lip") and then another ridge just past the walls. That's definitely going to change everything.
Maybe I'll just stick with my simple old Magnestadium...
The Tornado Ridge is essential, otherwise Attack Types would just knock themselves out considerably more easily than they already are.
(Aug. 19, 2011  10:58 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The Tornado Ridge is essential, otherwise Attack Types would just knock themselves out considerably more easily than they already are.

This.

Getting my Attack Stadium is what allowed me to actually start working on using my Attack-types in any competent fashion with a level of force adequate to deal with Defense-types and such. My previous stadium only led to them Self-KOing if I launched harder than 50%, even with Sliding Shoot.

EDIT: I've also been wondering - is there any particular restriction on launching/what constitutes a Sliding Shoot? I find that when pulling the ripcord out sideways instead of toward my body(with the launcher turned so I'm not bending it when pulling, obviously) I can get more power and more reliably sliding shoot/bank/catapult shoot etc.

I know the method involving pulling the ripcord back toward your body is the one displayed in the anime, manga, etc. and is most commonly used, but this way is simply more comfortable for me for the most part.
-edit- answered myself. sorry for the wasted post.
(Aug. 19, 2011  11:01 PM)Hazel Wrote: EDIT: I've also been wondering - is there any particular restriction on launching/what constitutes a Sliding Shoot? I find that when pulling the ripcord out sideways instead of toward my body(with the launcher turned so I'm not bending it when pulling, obviously) I can get more power and more reliably sliding shoot/bank/catapult shoot etc.

I know the method involving pulling the ripcord back toward your body is the one displayed in the anime, manga, etc. and is most commonly used, but this way is simply more comfortable for me for the most part.

That is up to you, but know that you are probably wearing your string off by pulling it sideways, as opposed to straight.
Is EWD good? I think I asked this somewhere but I can't find or remember where
Try reading the whole thread. We have answered about it for days ago

It has great stamina, but it is easy to KO
(Aug. 20, 2011  1:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2011  11:01 PM)Hazel Wrote: EDIT: I've also been wondering - is there any particular restriction on launching/what constitutes a Sliding Shoot? I find that when pulling the ripcord out sideways instead of toward my body(with the launcher turned so I'm not bending it when pulling, obviously) I can get more power and more reliably sliding shoot/bank/catapult shoot etc.

That is up to you, but know that you are probably wearing your string off by pulling it sideways, as opposed to straight.

The string is being pulled out from the launcher straight, relative to the launcher. It is only sideways relative to me. I suppose I described it strangely?
Quick Question:
Was vulcan taken off the top tier list because of 230 or basalt?
Neither. Its because of Beat(i think)