Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Zankye's MSF at AN had the metal cap come off, and the screw part snapped in half.

So, what exactly is happening to your MSF.. I am confused.
(Jul. 19, 2015  6:14 PM)Hato Wrote: Zankye's MSF at AN had the metal cap come off, and the screw part snapped in half.

So, what exactly is happening to your MSF.. I am confused.

The whole plastic neck just slides out slightly when I screw it in tightly enough, loosening the beyblade on impact, I know what you're thinking, "don't screw it too tightly." I tried and it doesn't help. The plastic hasn't actually come off but it slides enough to completely loosen Saramanda and I'm skeptical on whether to get another one or not, I am big on show accuracy and I want an authentic Saramanda as it's my favourite Zero G Beyblade.
Most, if not all, Metal Faces in Metal Fight Beyblade will eventually either snap or separate in metal and plastic segments. There is nothing to do unfortunately, it is not really preventable and the only solution afterwards would be to glue the parts back together, which is illegal since you are adding a foreign substance.
(Jul. 19, 2015  6:39 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Most, if not all, Metal Faces in Metal Fight Beyblade will eventually either snap or separate in metal and plastic segments. There is nothing to do unfortunately, it is not really preventable and the only solution afterwards would be to glue the parts back together, which is illegal since you are adding a foreign substance.

Gluing it isn't a problem for me since I don't go to tourneys and I'll probably not use it. I'll have to use a normal face since MSF wouldn't do that much on an uncustomized Saramanda TBH. The sad thing is that my face was loose from the start, I'm presuming whatever substance used was dried up like the stickers, which I'm surprised didn't hold up, the residue was almost gone, my 4D Beyblades stickers held beautifully in comparison and they're older than Zero G Beyblades so what happened here?
It could just be where the product was held meanwhile, in the sun or in the cold, etc.
(Jul. 19, 2015  6:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It could just be where the product was held meanwhile, in the sun or in the cold, etc.

Yeah, I'll go with that combined by it's age.

If anyone wants to know which seller it was from, it was elegant2020, but my Goreim is from supermonskeyuk11, it hasn't arrived yet so I'm willing to see how Goreim is affected.
So, I've been thinking about painting some of my parts, and have two questions.

1) What kind of paint should I look for?

2) I know the Universal Rules say that painting parts is legal, but are there exceptions? If so, what are some exceptions?
The rules say that you can paint them lightly as long as it doesn't effect the performance in anyway
Yes I've had the same problem with saramanda. I'm just glad you noticed. I didn't noticed until mid battle the bey flew apart and I picked up the stone face and the plastic bit was cracked and loose. My the of Phoenix face just cracked in half. I've noticed that zero g hasn't been as durable as other metal fight series's
(Jul. 19, 2015  9:16 PM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: Yes I've had the same problem with saramanda. I'm just glad you noticed. I didn't noticed until mid battle the bey flew apart and I picked up the stone face and the plastic bit was cracked and loose. My the of Phoenix face just cracked in half. I've noticed that zero g hasn't been as durable as other metal fight series's

It's probably the wild nature of the game.

I really think that my Goreim MSF will suffer the same fate when I get it, however, like I mentioned before, even fresh from the box, my MSF from Saramanda was more duller than usual and scratches were aside, did someone tamper with it?
(Jul. 19, 2015  8:53 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: The rules say that you can paint them lightly as long as it doesn't effect the performance in anyway

I'm guessing this applies to all parts? I think that, just to be sure, I'll stay away from painting performance tips, parts that free-spin (such as B: D) and parts that have multiple materials (such as R145 and L-Drago II, which contain both rubber and plastic).

I'm thinking about using spray paint for my blades, would that work well for following this rule?
Things like rit dye which seap into the plastic and thus do not alter the surface would be preferable.
(Jul. 19, 2015  9:43 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Things like rit dye which seap into the plastic and thus do not alter the surface would be preferable.

So Rit dye would be useful for performance tips, energy rings, and spin tracks, provided they don't have other materials... How about the fusion wheel? Would Rit dye work for that? Or would spray paint be better?
I think a coating of spraypaint similar to that used by Hasbro is probably your only option for metal wheels, they are unlikely to dye at all. Also worth noting is that the dye won't change parts from a light colour to a dark colour (the disadvantage of not using paint) so starting with white or clear pieces would be ideal.
I've seen the BBG's use spray paint for even plastic parts (see their LDrago1) but what i think I'm gonna do is spray paint a single Killer Wheel and a single Pisces energy wheel (I have 3 of each part) and see how the result looks for each material.
Also, how many layers of paint should I go for? I was thinking maybe one or two coats, and that being it.
(Jul. 19, 2015  9:23 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2015  9:16 PM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: Yes I've had the same problem with saramanda. I'm just glad you noticed. I didn't noticed until mid battle the bey flew apart and I picked up the stone face and the plastic bit was cracked and loose. My the of Phoenix face just cracked in half. I've noticed that zero g hasn't been as durable as other metal fight series's

It's probably the wild nature of the game.

I really think that my Goreim MSF will suffer the same fate when I get it, however, like I mentioned before, even fresh from the box, my MSF from Saramanda was more duller than usual and scratches were aside, did someone tamper with it?

I wouldn't worry. My pirates Orpheus and archer gryph have held up fine. I think saramanda being the first msf it just had some design flaws. I could be wrong but I wouldn't worry too much
Guys is trading Diablo pegasis 145BS + A fake beyblade that is a bit weak + Galaxy wheel for Gravity perseus AD145WD + Rock giraffe R145WB + Metal facebolt worth it?
Yo guys, is the coloured part of the Layer of Burst detachable from the transparent plastic piece, or it is strongly cohered on it? If it is detachable, can I colour it, say paint pens, and put it back?
(Jul. 20, 2015  8:37 AM)TenshouTsubasa Wrote: Yo guys, is the coloured part of the Layer of Burst detachable from the transparent plastic piece, or it is strongly cohered on it? If it is detachable, can I colour it, say paint pens, and put it back?

It is not, the screws are triangular too so taking them apart would be hard due to it being hard to find triangular screw things.
(Jul. 20, 2015  11:36 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2015  8:37 AM)TenshouTsubasa Wrote: Yo guys, is the coloured part of the Layer of Burst detachable from the transparent plastic piece, or it is strongly cohered on it? If it is detachable, can I colour it, say paint pens, and put it back?

It is not, the screws are triangular too so taking them apart would be hard due to it being hard to find triangular screw things.

Can you take a photo for me on the underpart of the beyblade, since it is a little bit hard to imagine?
So it is possible to detach the coloured part from the transparent part since it is screwed onto the layer, only very difficult to do so?
Yes basically. The screws are factory special so people won't be able to take it apart, I mean they will if they have the right tools haha.
(Jul. 20, 2015  12:07 PM)TenshouTsubasa Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2015  11:36 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:

Can you take a photo for me on the underpart of the beyblade, since it is a little bit hard to imagine?
So it is possible to detach the coloured part from the transparent part since it is screwed onto the layer, only very difficult to do so?

I remember a video of someone unscrewing it, and it just comes off.
(Jul. 20, 2015  1:11 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Yes basically. The screws are factory special so people won't be able to take it apart, I mean they will if they have the right tools haha.

They're just Tri-Wing screws, the same ones used on gamecube controllers, the driver should cost you a maximum of about $3 from china.
(Jul. 20, 2015  5:20 AM)PadrinoTheHorse Wrote: Guys is trading Diablo pegasis 145BS + A fake beyblade that is a bit weak + Galaxy wheel for Gravity perseus AD145WD + Rock giraffe R145WB + Metal facebolt worth it?

That depends on your parts supply. If you don't have any other Diablo wheels I wouldn't do it. Rock giraffe isn't very good and gravity Perseus isn't to hard to come by. Metal face bolts are cheap. Hope I helped but do what you want !