Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Hay guys was just curious if some one could exolain the tourneys to me amd how bey points work or if a new person like my self can just rock up amd become world champ

Also is ther a meta list i can look at.

And worlds is in may ae whivh i shal miss but just a lil curious if thers any big tourneys with big trophys lol after september haha
Our tournaments are actually all fan-run, and anybody can enter, unless they are banned of course. There is a five-dollar entry fee, but you can also purchase a Blader Passport for ten dollars and get free entry to all events in the year to come. And do not worry : the money goes toward reimbursing prizes, keeping the site running, developping new features, or ultimately buying prizes for online giveaways. Beypoints are automatically given whenever you participate to a tournament that is not HMS or Plastic. We however hope to include those two formats inside a better BeyPoint System soon.

Yes, you can find our top-tier lists under the titles "Competitive Combos" in the appropriate sections of the Beyblade Customizations forum.
Sweet so super possible to be world champ Smile

Thanx the tourneys sound awsome so very keeN to enter. What a great price too awsome thanx kai
What material are metal wheels made of? I know that it's die-cast metal, but that is the process in which it is molded, that tells me nothing of the materials used to make them.

I've been talking with some metal smiths about what material I should use. I'm planning to attempt casting beigoma for my art portfolio, and was considering zinc, but it is a soft metal so the tops would be easily dented upon impact (But they wouldn't break, they are malleable). I was thinking I could try whatever material is used for the Beyblade metal wheels, but now that I think about it they might be made of zinc. They do dent pretty easily upon impact with each other.

I'm going to do my first few molds using zinc as practice anyway, seeing as it's the easiest metal to cast, but I'm trying to plan what I should move up to.
All we know is that it is a zinc alloy.
(Apr. 10, 2015  4:48 AM)Kai-V Wrote: All we know is that it is a zinc alloy.

That's good enough. If it is a zinc alloy than it is likely zamak (96% zinc, 4% aluminum). That would actually make sense as it would provide the easy castability and low melting temperatures of zinc, but some of the strength and anti-corrosive properties of aluminum.
I do remember that someone got it to melt in a pan, probably just over a regular stove hah. Crazy Japanese.
(Apr. 10, 2015  1:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I do remember that someone got it to melt in a pan, probably just over a regular stove hah. Crazy Japanese.

Haha, I'm not surprised. Like I said, zinc has a very low melting temperature. For it to melt though, it was likely over a gas stove (As opposed to electric). Is there a video of this floating around somewhere?
No, it was on 2ch, so the posts there have disappeared for a very long time already.
Hey Kai-V! I have a question, if your handle on the launcher is broken but your launcher works perfectly well, will you still be able to use it in the tourney?
(Apr. 11, 2015  6:56 AM)ExtremeBlader3 Wrote: Hey Kai-V! I have a question, if your handle on the launcher is broken but your launcher works perfectly well, will you still be able to use it in the tourney?

Depends on what you mean by 'broken'. For example if the arms of the handle are gone, but the base remains it should be fine. Beylaunchers have always had a terrible breakage problem. I'm not so sure it would be legal if the entire handle had been broken off and replaced, however (But then again, it might be).
You know the Sniper Grip Hasbro released for Metal Masters? If you cut out a little bit of plastic you can put in EZ launchers from the old gen as this grip is based on it.

I don't think so, but anyway: Would it be legal? It's just adjusting a grip to old standards xD
(Apr. 11, 2015  6:56 AM)ExtremeBlader3 Wrote: Hey Kai-V! I have a question, if your handle on the launcher is broken but your launcher works perfectly well, will you still be able to use it in the tourney?

(Apr. 11, 2015  6:59 AM)Wizard Wrote:

Depends on what you mean by 'broken'. For example if the arms of the handle are gone, but the base remains it should be fine. Beylaunchers have always had a terrible breakage problem. I'm not so sure it would be legal if the entire handle had been broken off and replaced, however (But then again, it might be).

Actually, even if all you have is a knot in the string at the end because the handle is completely broken and removed, that is fine. However, taping a broken handle or replacing it is illegal.

(Apr. 11, 2015  1:56 PM)DrigerGatling Wrote: You know the Sniper Grip Hasbro released for Metal Masters? If you cut out a little bit of plastic you can put in EZ launchers from the old gen as this grip is based on it.

I don't think so, but anyway: Would it be legal? It's just adjusting a grip to old standards xD

I know they look quite similar, but I do not know enough about the old EZ grip to testify if it is identical. So, for now, I would say it is illegal, especially since each person has to cut a part of it that would not be the same for everyone.
Um how do I register please someone tell me I want to be in a tournament very badly
(Apr. 13, 2015  5:18 PM)yoshibolt10 Wrote: Um how do I register please someone tell me I want to be in a tournament very badly

If there is a tournament coming up near you, then all you need to do is post in the topic for that event, in the Official Events forum. If there is none confirmed to happen in the next few months though, then you need to post in the thread dedicated to your region somewhere in our WBO General region forums and either just mention that you would like to participate in a tournament, or try to organise an event yourself and gather attendants thanks to that thread.

This topic though is only for questions on the Beyblade toys. For questions about events, you should use the Questions about the WBO thread.
How to determine a Wolborg ms is fake or real? just got the beyblade here.
(Apr. 13, 2015  5:47 PM)TigerChopsticks Wrote: How to determine a Wolborg ms is fake or real? just got the beyblade here.

Do you still have the box ? I am not even certain that many fakes were created of HMS, since the series was so short.
I can't even imagine a fake HMS at all, heck I'm even unsure what a fake EG beyblade looks like.
I've had fake HMS driger, but the fake was so good for 8 years I belived it was genuine. lol. Even got a fake driger F, same story, very genuine looking, even came with 8 heavy disk, all quality metal and plastic. But driger f were fake cuz they lacking branding marks on the bey and plastic was quality was littel cheesy on the inside. Not very noticable though. Even the whole clutch mechanism was like real on driger f.

As for HMS I found out my driger ms was fake as its RC had a flat metal tip, it was literally a flat metal rod fixed in the rc. lel. Also the launcher was carp quality and had a shorter cord than usual. Its hard to say for HMS, fake or not cuz they dont have markings on the beys themselves. No kai-v, the wolborg ms doesnt have a box or the case. Just a grey launcher and yellow ripcord.
Try posting photographs ? Ideally as clear and as big as possible.
(Apr. 13, 2015  10:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Try posting photographs ? Ideally as clear and as big as possible.

How do I post photos on a forum?

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah20...xjxug9.jpg

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah20...ar5mrk.jpg

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah20...ehzdfd.jpg

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah20...cacnq7.jpg

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah20...l7simz.jpg

Ok, please look at these pics and let me know if the Wolborg ms is real or fake.
To my eyes, it looks identical to a real Wolborg MS.
(Apr. 14, 2015  2:03 PM)Kai-V Wrote: To my eyes, it looks identical to a real Wolborg MS.

right? the weight disk or the attack ring has some numbers which go like "B2 B6" or something. Thanks Kai-v Smile

(Apr. 14, 2015  3:29 PM)TigerChopsticks Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2015  2:03 PM)Kai-V Wrote: To my eyes, it looks identical to a real Wolborg MS.

right? the weight disk or the attack ring has some numbers which go like "B2 B6" or something. Thanks Kai-v Smile

Guys, you also please give some feedback.
Wait, do all fakes keep the permanent shininess? If so the. I think real ones are able to get dull from the metal exposed to the air, whereas most fakes I THINK stay really shiny, however I am not sure.

Your Wolborg isn't too shiny so I think it looks legit.
(Apr. 14, 2015  4:50 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Wait, do all fakes keep the permanent shininess? If so the. I think real ones are able to get dull from the metal exposed to the air, whereas most fakes I THINK stay really shiny, however I am not sure.

Your Wolborg isn't too shiny so I think it looks legit.
Well my driger ms was fake, but it oxidized the same way as my original draciel and gai dragoon ms. However, with oxidation, dirger also became fragile. I could snap the attack ring in half with little resistance. Gai dragoon and draciel are still string though. It sad dont have case, would have helped and confirming, besides visual inspection. For now looks legit. I will post later if it turns out fake, good for bey wiki stuff. hehe.