Ask a question, get an answer! #2

What is the ruling on partially broken launchers? Most of the plastic on the end of the rip-cord on my string launcher is torn off. So i pull on just a small stub of plastic....thats ok to use right? The actual interior has not been modified at all. Also, my launcher-grip has a hard time holding onto my launcher when i launch. So i put some duct-tape on it to make sure it stays put. Thats ok right?
(Nov. 28, 2013  1:05 PM)XtraCorruption Wrote: What is the ruling on partially broken launchers? Most of the plastic on the end of the rip-cord on my string launcher is torn off. So i pull on just a small stub of plastic....thats ok to use right? The actual interior has not been modified at all. Also, my launcher-grip has a hard time holding onto my launcher when i launch. So i put some duct-tape on it to make sure it stays put. Thats ok right?

Yes, the string is still fine. It could be fine even if you have no more plastic at all for the handle, but it would give you a disadvantage.

Putting duct tape is not OK though ... If you have to use it, it means that your Launcher Grip probably needs to be replaced.
(Nov. 28, 2013  2:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 28, 2013  1:05 PM)XtraCorruption Wrote: What is the ruling on partially broken launchers? Most of the plastic on the end of the rip-cord on my string launcher is torn off. So i pull on just a small stub of plastic....thats ok to use right? The actual interior has not been modified at all. Also, my launcher-grip has a hard time holding onto my launcher when i launch. So i put some duct-tape on it to make sure it stays put. Thats ok right?

Yes, the string is still fine. It could be fine even if you have no more plastic at all for the handle, but it would give you a disadvantage.

Putting duct tape is not OK though ... If you have to use it, it means that your Launcher Grip probably needs to be replaced.

Ok thx, ill look into a replacement.
1. Does a hasbro ripcord launcher self KO stuff more than string launchers?????????
2. Is girago good for attack or defence?
1. yes It does i have an LR launcher so I know
2. Zirago is good for attack,example girago dragoon/balro w145 wsf will have lots of attack power
Can Begaridos Dragooon SA165MB be used as a counter to F230GFC/CF?
(Nov. 29, 2013  1:01 AM)ridbladebreaker Wrote: Can Begaridos Dragooon SA165MB be used as a counter to F230GFC/CF?

Yes, that should work, since it is pretty similar to the SA165MB set up that Time was talking about.

Also, Girago is best used in Anti-Attack, in the combo Girago Girago BD145RF.
(Nov. 29, 2013  1:06 AM)LMAO Wrote:
(Nov. 29, 2013  1:01 AM)ridbladebreaker Wrote: Can Begaridos Dragooon SA165MB be used as a counter to F230GFC/CF?

Yes, that should work, since it is pretty similar to the SA165MB set up that Time was talking about.

Also, Girago is best used in Anti-Attack, in the combo Girago Girago BD145RF.
I don't have Girado nor two of them and the threads on my BD145 are stripped Crying
Only Dragoon F230, I tested against Duo F230CF, in the "Why F230 breaks the game" thread. Duo won 9/1 against Time's combo.
(Nov. 29, 2013  1:09 AM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Only Dragoon F230, I tested against Duo F230CF, in the "Why F230 breaks the game" thread. Duo won 9/1 against Time's combo.

Oops, you're right, I forgot to mention that.

Also, I think if it's used correctly a SA165MB set up can KO both left and right spin F230GCF.
(Nov. 29, 2013  1:09 AM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Only Dragoon F230, I tested against Duo F230CF, in the "Why F230 breaks the game" thread. Duo won 9/1 against Time's combo.
I was playing around with the combo against Phantom Cancer F230CF in the hasbro max stampede stadium (without craters) and it one a round by grinding down BD but in the next round BD won by outspin cause it stood upright most of the time.
I just go a griffin dragoon air Synchrome 2 pack and i have some questions

What Synchrome should i used with dragoon for F230 and which tip (CF/GCF)

What are some good tips for SA165 ive tried GCF with it and WD look really cool with it
(Nov. 29, 2013  5:58 PM)AsianBlader555 Wrote: I just go a griffin dragoon air Synchrome 2 pack and i have some questions

What Synchrome should i used with dragoon for F230 and which tip (CF/GCF)

What are some good tips for SA165 ive tried GCF with it and WD look really cool with it

1. Genbull, killerkan or reviser
2. Both work well, depends what stadium
3. WD, BWD, EWD etc.
1.ok so reviser is the only one i got so ima use that
2.im guessing the stadium would be bb-10
3what if i want to go more aggressively
makeshift beystadium question:

our kids are completely evil to our cheap hasbro stadium. theyve smashed it so many times and i always repair it with duct tape. its getting pretty covered in tape and the stadium floor bent in ways that our beys always get stuck in the corners
so this has caused me to do a lot of brainstorming and googling for bigger and sturdier makeshift stadiums
i was going after the large and nice directv satellite dish my parents had lying in their yard, but when i got there it was gone. i guess they finally got rid of it
as im talking to my mother she comes up with this idea randomly, and im like wait, that IS a pretty good idea
she said why not just use a saucer sled?

im going to be looking at saucer sleds in stores. im looking for one that is a complete smooth bowl without a flat bottom or raised designs or rough texture inside. it seems like an excellent choice especially for attack types launched hard so that theyre not burning themselves out by hitting the walls of a small stadium before they even make any contact with the opponent bey

has anyone ever tried blading in a saucer sled? i would be VERY interested in hearing your experiences before i make a purchase

thank you Smile
Ive tried a satellite dish b4 very good too it was about 4-5 feet in diameter
The sled ive never tried
(Nov. 29, 2013  6:43 PM)Zenkoma Wrote: makeshift beystadium question:

our kids are completely evil to our cheap hasbro stadium. theyve smashed it so many times and i always repair it with duct tape. its getting pretty covered in tape and the stadium floor bent in ways that our beys always get stuck in the corners
so this has caused me to do a lot of brainstorming and googling for bigger and sturdier makeshift stadiums
i was going after the large and nice directv satellite dish my parents had lying in their yard, but when i got there it was gone. i guess they finally got rid of it
as im talking to my mother she comes up with this idea randomly, and im like wait, that IS a pretty good idea
she said why not just use a saucer sled?

im going to be looking at saucer sleds in stores. im looking for one that is a complete smooth bowl without a flat bottom or raised designs or rough texture inside. it seems like an excellent choice especially for attack types launched hard so that theyre not burning themselves out by hitting the walls of a small stadium before they even make any contact with the opponent bey

has anyone ever tried blading in a saucer sled? i would be VERY interested in hearing your experiences before i make a purchase

thank you Smile
I have done that myself. There are some problems to that as well.
-They usually have a bumpy surface, not the best for blading on.
-They don't have good walls and they beys might get knocked out.
I would honestly prefer a Hasbro stadium, but if your kids will break those then I would recommend an old satellite dish.
i wont buy a saucer sled if it has anything other than a smooth surface inside it. i kinda like the ability to get knocked out of the stadium. adds an extra effect to having a combo designed for good smash/recoil attributes other than bouncing off a wall. its kinda like the beyblade equivalent of an MK fatality .....sorta ...ish

with the perfectly sized (at least a 2 foot diameter) and shaped dish my parents had being MIA, the only option im left with is the old one on the side of our house left behind by previous tenants. i could get it down if i had a ladder. i dont think it has proper deep enough concave for a decent battling bey retention. its sorta oval shaped. ....not a good choice

i will be checking several stores to find the closest match to THIS. this particular saucer sled has all of the absolute best beystadium potential qualities that im looking for. a perfect concave, smooth surface, it even has a vertical lip at the top that would act as a wall, AND ITS RED!!

if anyone else has any input on their experience with using saucer sleds and even satellite dishes i would greatly appreciate hearing about it. feel free to pm me with anything you would like to say as to not get this thread cluttered with non Q & A

thanks again Smile
(Nov. 29, 2013  9:24 PM)Zenkoma Wrote: i wont buy a saucer sled if it has anything other than a smooth surface inside it. i kinda like the ability to get knocked out of the stadium. adds an extra effect to having a combo designed for good smash/recoil attributes other than bouncing off a wall. its kinda like the beyblade equivalent of an MK fatality .....sorta ...ish

with the perfectly sized (at least a 2 foot diameter) and shaped dish my parents had being MIA, the only option im left with is the old one on the side of our house left behind by previous tenants. i could get it down if i had a ladder. i dont think it has proper deep enough concave for a decent battling bey retention. its sorta oval shaped. ....not a good choice
Then go with a smooth saucer sled.
what were the discontinuation dates of beyblades from the metal saga?
(Nov. 30, 2013  12:08 AM)tac1017 Wrote: what were the discontinuation dates of beyblades from the metal saga?

There are none known ? It is just obvious that after one or two years, of course a certain model is not being produced over and over again anymore.
(Nov. 28, 2013  3:09 PM)XtraCorruption Wrote:
(Nov. 28, 2013  2:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

Is there anyway to get a replacement for just the part on the string launcher that you pull? Without buying a new string launcher
(Nov. 30, 2013  6:13 PM)XtraCorruption Wrote:
(Nov. 28, 2013  3:09 PM)XtraCorruption Wrote:
(Nov. 28, 2013  2:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes, the string is still fine. It could be fine even if you have no more plastic at all for the handle, but it would give you a disadvantage.

Is there anyway to get a replacement for just the part on the string launcher that you pull? Without buying a new string launcher
Not that I know of.
I have a question I would very much appreciate answered:

Lets say I have a black regular launcher grip and the latch of the launcher grip to attach to launchers fell off so I put light tape to attach it to my LR launcher and the tape is transparent like a BB-10 and very thin and is NOT duct tape so is this tournament legal or do I have to buy another????
(Nov. 30, 2013  6:19 PM)PhantomOrion22 Wrote: I have a question I would very much appreciate answered:

Lets say I have a black regular launcher grip and the latch of the launcher grip to attach to launchers fell off so I put light tape to attach it to my LR launcher and the tape is transparent like a BB-10 and very thin and is NOT duct tape so is this tournament legal or do I have to buy another????
I Might Be Wrong But I'm Pretty Sure It's Illegal Unhappy