Ask a question, get an answer! #2

I believe the term is actually precession, in the case of EWD. This was discussed a few pages back

By the way guys, the Zombie article is one of the worst articles on Beywiki, so I wouldn't direct people there.
(Jul. 16, 2013  7:18 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I believe the term is actually precession, in the case of EWD. This was discussed a few pages back

By the way guys, the Zombie article is one of the worst articles on Beywiki, so I wouldn't direct people there.

Yo, could you just stop directly quoting th!nk, and either refrain from saying anything, or tell people why exactly the article is not good and work on fixing it if it is so bad/help th!nk get something done ?
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MSF-H-Re...pid1022335

But yes, we already discussed why Bottoms cannot have "Life After Death" ... They are just tips, they get spun on, that is mostly it.
Ok-
First of all, it says to have LAD, your beyblade must be perfectly round at the points that touch the floor. This is obviuosly incorrect, since everything has LAD to an extent.

Second of all, Zombies don't have to be supported by bearings. They help, but Spiral Change Base(Attack Mode) has no bearings, and it has more LAD than any other base.

Third of all, many of the parts listed aren't good. Gyro AR is overrated, Turtle Survivor isn't good, Hasbro's Twin Horn is great for defensive zombies, Wolborg's SG is barely top tier, and Spiral Change Base and Full Auto Clutch Base, the two BBs with the most LAD, aren't mentioned. Scissor Attacker is also great in left, but not mentioned.

Fourth, "Bearing Core", is actually Neo ____ SG(Double Bearing Core).
I have a (couple) question/statements...

1) Kai-V, with all due respect, I think Shinobu is right. I don't know much about Plastics, but some of the stuff in that article doesn't make logical sense Unhappy. Again, maximum respect, no offense whatsoever.

2) shinobu, why don't you just help out with editing it? It would probably only take a few minutes, and all the tests you need have been done already, so it wouldn't take long to approve. Smile

Now for the question part...

1) I couldn't find the discussion, so could you guys give me the outline for why exactly tips cannot have LAD? I mean, if a combination is using EWD, when the combo has fallen onto the wide edge of EWD, rather than the sharp tip part, hasn't it fallen over? Does it have to be spinning on the track, or can it just be the edge of the tip?

2) If tips really can't have any LAD, should we say that they give the combo more LAD? Just so that we don't refer to the tip itself having LAD? Because the term "precession" is a good idea, but it could take a while to catch on.
The discussion of it was in pages 1018 and 1019 of this thread.

I'll see if I can start working on a rewrite draft tonight.
Is there any way to post an mp3 on the WBO? I am working on a Podcast and I want people to suffer through my voice on the trailer.

(I posted this on the wrong thread when it was on the Random Thoughts Thread)
(Jul. 16, 2013  10:18 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: The discussion of it was in pages 1018 and 1019 of this thread.

I'll see if I can start working on a rewrite draft tonight.

Thanks! Smile
(Jul. 16, 2013  9:58 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: I have a (couple) question/statements...

1) Kai-V, with all due respect, I think Shinobu is right. I don't know much about Plastics, but some of the stuff in that article doesn't make logical sense Unhappy. Again, maximum respect, no offense whatsoever.

2) shinobu, why don't you just help out with editing it? It would probably only take a few minutes, and all the tests you need have been done already, so it wouldn't take long to approve. Smile

Now for the question part...

1) I couldn't find the discussion, so could you guys give me the outline for why exactly tips cannot have LAD? I mean, if a combination is using EWD, when the combo has fallen onto the wide edge of EWD, rather than the sharp tip part, hasn't it fallen over? Does it have to be spinning on the track, or can it just be the edge of the tip?

2) If tips really can't have any LAD, should we say that they give the combo more LAD? Just so that we don't refer to the tip itself having LAD? Because the term "precession" is a good idea, but it could take a while to catch on.

You could say that tips aid the MW to help it roll.
(Jul. 16, 2013  9:58 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: 1) Kai-V, with all due respect, I think Shinobu is right. I don't know much about Plastics, but some of the stuff in that article doesn't make logical sense Unhappy. Again, maximum respect, no offense whatsoever.

Yes, perhaps, but there was also another instance yesterday where he essentially just repeated what th!nk had previously said but without helping in the slightest way, and now the way he worded that reply above totally reminded me of something th!nk had probably written before, but at least th!nk had mentioned that he was working on it and I think he offered a more thorough explanation before or after. It is just almost bad luck that, afterwards, we see none of that work yet ...
(Jul. 16, 2013  9:58 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Now for the question part...

Precession describes a phenomenon inherent to spinning tops, and has nothing to do with LAD.

I will answer your question with another question: Is Metal Change switching from its Stamina pattern to its Attack pattern LAD?
Hint: the answer is no.

(Jul. 16, 2013  3:41 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2013  3:31 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: LAD doesnt exist in MFB. LAD only exists in Plastics final. LAD is when a beyblade falls over and is still spinning when it gets back up. It is a rare occurence in MFB.

This is incorrect.

All beyblades have some amount of LAD. In plastics, LAD is higher than any other generation. However, every generation has LAD to some extent.

Should we say that WD has Attack because some customs can knock out other Defense series Bottoms using it? say that RS has Stamina because it outspins RF? or might you be so inclined to reassure everyone and tell them that Beyblades spin?

The point is that Beyblades have many properties, are subject to a large number of phenomena, all of which found simultaneously in many Beyblades; many found in all Beyblades: there is no point to mention them all if they have no bearing on how they perform vis-à-vis other Beyblades, or vis-à-vis where their own strengths are.

Life After Death is a term coined by WBO members to describe, and I paraphrase to make it clear, Beyblades that “keep spinning after falling over when other Beyblades would quickly stop, to a degree of effectiveness significant enough to make it a viable competitive quality.”

A lot of people on these forums ought to shut up and think a little (or a lot) before opening their mouths, instead of babbling incessantly, or parroting the smarter members.
Yes and no- I would say WD has, "very low attack power", and RS has, "very low stamina." As for me telling people beyblades spin, I don't get what you are getting at.

Yes, there is no point mentioning that Poison has LAD, because it is so low, but I don't think we should tell people Poison has zero LAD.
Nocto, could we essentially say that only F230 and B:D provide "Life After Death" in Metal Fight Beyblade ? And even then, it depends on the Metal Wheel and Bottom, of course. I have been doing my best to correct people's misconceptions on properties of spinning tops' tips and precession, but this is something I have really been wondering, since it was said before that there was not really any Zombies/Life After Death in Metal Fight Beyblade.
If you guys can make a guess, how much will Mercury Anubis (Hasbro) cost in 10 years?
A lot. Maybe 35-50 $.
(Jul. 17, 2013  3:13 AM)HeavenKerbecs Wrote: If you guys can make a guess, how much will Mercury Anubis (Hasbro) cost in 10 years?

It is hard to say really. Since it is Hasbro and it does not really have any sought after parts anymore, it would be strictly be depending on collectors value. I would say maybe about $20-$25 at most.

AZL Wrote:A lot. Maybe 35-50 $.
I highly doubt it. Top tier HMS Beyblades go for prices like that.
Sorry, I thought he beans some limited edition Mercury Anubis.

Edit: I meant meant not beans.
Um I'm new in this site so how do you earn points
(Jul. 17, 2013  12:34 PM)Leonerox Wrote: Um I'm new in this site so how do you earn points

This would more so belong in Questions About The WBO, as this is for Beyblade questions-
But you can get points by winning battles in official WBO Tournaments.
(Jul. 17, 2013  12:39 PM)Leonerox Wrote: Abt $50 ?

Is this even a Beyblade question...?
(no sarcasm inTended)
Thanx leone 19 and yesterday u had told me to give the names of da clear wheels of all my beys u saw dat? And umm a doubt: can we keep clear wheels on legend Aries

Sorablader could u ans da question
(Jul. 17, 2013  12:43 PM)Leonerox Wrote: Thanx leone 19 and yesterday u had told me to give the names of da clear wheels of all my beys u saw dat? And umm a doubt: can we keep clear wheels on legend Aries

Sorablader could u ans da question

If it is a Hasbro Legend metal Wheel, than you can put clear wheels on it, if that's what you mean...
Can you go to a tournament and watch and not pay the fee. A freind of mine wants to watch me in the tournament but he doesn't have a Beyblade, and he doesn't have an account in the website. How would that work?
(Jul. 17, 2013  2:15 PM)FangLeone130WB Wrote: Can you go to a tournament and watch and not pay the fee. A freind of mine wants to watch me in the tournament but he doesn't have a Beyblade, and he doesn't have an account in the website. How would that work?

You only pay the fee if you play in the main event.

Also, I think this would go in Questions about the WBO