[Asheboro, North Carolina] Up For A Challenge?

I'm talking to the owner of Kit Kringles about holding a bey tourney at the mall in asheboro. Would anyone be willing to give it a shot?
I know it's a little far from you, but I'm going to host one in Charlottesville, Virginia. If you want to co-host it with me, I'll show you how to run a tournament so you stand a better chance of getting this sanctioned by the WBO. Just bring a laptop.

Nice location, btw. Right smack in the middle of NC. Makes it easier for all directions.
Where exactly is Asheboro? I know it has the zoo, right. If it's within 1.5 hours of Raleigh, I might go. See if you can get it mid-late Summer Vacation on a Saturday. Meet these requirements and I'm 99% sure I'll go. 100% if I ever get to see my dad again.
(Apr. 23, 2011  3:30 AM)Titan Blader Wrote: Where exactly is Asheboro? I know it has the zoo, right. If it's within 1.5 hours of Raleigh, I might go. See if you can get it mid-late Summer Vacation on a Saturday. Meet these requirements and I'm 99% sure I'll go. 100% if I ever get to see my dad again.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=raleigh+nc+to+asheboro+nc
It could be called 'The Bey Breaking Beatdown In The Mall', and every time someone says it, a bunch of flames go off. jk.
Yeah, it'd be far since I don't drive myself. But we could have it once a week or so; Asheboro should be close enough for you to reach it - at Kits they play games all the time, so as long as we keep everything clean and straight, we should be fine. I used to play Yugioh there, then Naruto. I'd love to get some tips though - pm me. ^^
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:06 AM)Storm Scorpio Wrote: Yeah, it'd be far since I don't drive myself. But we could have it once a week or so; Asheboro should be close enough for you to reach it - at Kits they play games all the time, so as long as we keep everything clean and straight, we should be fine. I used to play Yugioh there, then Naruto. I'd love to get some tips though - pm me. ^^

I play both of those.
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:06 AM)Storm Scorpio Wrote: Yeah, it'd be far since I don't drive myself. But we could have it once a week or so; Asheboro should be close enough for you to reach it - at Kits they play games all the time, so as long as we keep everything clean and straight, we should be fine. I used to play Yugioh there, then Naruto. I'd love to get some tips though - pm me. ^^
I come from New York so an eight hour drive to Virginia is my limit.
Wow, that's an amazing distance to travel, Deikailo. We're one state down from Virginia. And hee hee, Titan Blader, looks like I'll have someone to verse my insect deck on. :p Haven't played Naruto in a while though, so I'm a bit rusty. The Bey Breaking Beatdown In The Mall - I likey! Lol, when I make up posters for it, if we're okayed, I'll put that down!
(Apr. 23, 2011  3:52 PM)Storm Scorpio Wrote: Wow, that's an amazing distance to travel, Deikailo. We're one state down from Virginia. And hee hee, Titan Blader, looks like I'll have someone to verse my insect deck on. :p Haven't played Naruto in a while though, so I'm a bit rusty. The Bey Breaking Beatdown In The Mall - I likey! Lol, when I make up posters for it, if we're okayed, I'll put that down!
Yes, I'm doing it to help out a user who wanted something for Virginia.

The point in attending a Virginian tournament would be to recruit bladers from Virginia to attend your tournament. Once you get bladers from southern VA to go, you'll have enough people to start a tournament easily. Tournament experience always look good and I'm well versed on the rules and specifics in running tournaments (it's not as straight forward as last one spinning - there are a lot of problems that can occur inside and outside the stadium!)

From my experience, people will cross state borders for Beyblade without batting an eyelash. I started hosting tournaments in NYC and found about a third were from New Jersey and I had a few from Pennsylvania. I started a tournament in New Jersey and saw a lot of people from Philadelphia, New York and Maryland - it was about a third from each state. At this next Maryland tournament, a majority will be from Maryland, but I expect to see some New Yorkers, Philly and Jersey bladers there as well. I'm unsure about how Virginia will react to a tournament in MD, but I'm sure I'll have a few and from there, I can spread the word about a Virginia tournament. Each "metagame" melds with its adjecent state.

Outside of that, weekly is quite ambitious, but monthly is probably the best option to maximize the amount of players you will bring in. Weekly tournaments make the game repetitious and people tend to take it less seriously. Monthly's are close enough to maintain interest and competitive play, but far enough appart to keep a hype for suspense. It also gives people a chance to get ahold of newer releases.
Ahh, quite clever - maybe bi-monthly - twice a month. That way I won't go crazy without competitors. :p But seriously, anyone from Virginia or from wherever would be welcome to come.
You could do practice sessions... Doesn't have to be tournaments.
Yeah, sounds like a good idea - we could do tournaments every month, and practices once a week/twice a month - depending on what the people would want. Oh and I'd like to let everyone know that I'm making a team too. ^^ If anyone wants to join, I'll have forums and other neat things. And we will have our meetings online. ^^ Its called the "BLUE PHOENIX BLADERS TEAM" and I think it will turn out awesome. Just pm me with these details:
Site: http://z15.invisionfree.com/B_P_B_T/ (Still in progress)

[Image: bluephoenixbladers.png]
Name: your user name, or whatever your called
Beys: How many do you own?
Do you have a battle bey blade account?:
Favorite Bey: Pretty clear cut
Level: Are you Beginner? Intermediate? Or Advanced? Truthful please. I don't care myself. I'd probably be closer to midway between beginner and intermediate myself.
What can you add to the Blue Phoenix Bladers Team? What's your skills?

For the banner, I need to know a few more things:
Clothing: (Pants, shoes, shirt/dress)
Hair: Style and color
Stance: Standing up? Sitting down? About to let the launcher rip? Etc.
Anything else: Any features that need mentioning?

You can pm me this stuff or post it here. ^^