Asassins Creed 1/2 Discussion

Discuss your thoughts and compare how far you are in the 2 action-packed games!
2nd's way better than the first, though it could use some improvements. Main issue I had was no replaying of finished missions (they had it in the first game, but not in the second funnily enough) and the whole issue with the villa and making heaps of money, by the end I had so much and it kept coming in, I had nothing to spend it on. Should have been more purpose to it, especially since I put effort into completing the villa and all. Other than that, I found them both to be rather enjoyable, with the whole conspiracy theory plot rather entertaining.
Finished both..they were both really repetive (2nd wasn't "supposed to be" but it still was)..only reason I actually finished them was the story
I loved the second game, it's definitely one of my favorite games this generation.
(Mar. 02, 2010  4:09 PM)SK Wrote: Finished both..they were both really repetive (2nd wasn't "supposed to be" but it still was)..only reason I actually finished them was the story

If you just did the story obviously it'll get repetitive. That's what side quests are for.

Also, agreeing with Roan, the second is one of the best games released for this gen so far imo. Though it was a bit too easy.
(Mar. 02, 2010  7:11 PM)Giga Wrote: If you just did the story obviously it'll get repetitive.

ahahaha OBVIOUSLY
I've played and finished both. I think that Assassins Creed 2 was a lot more fun since you had more abilities and weapons.
I'm loving the story so far. Smile
Never played the game, but...

Is there a particular reason why this is in Media and not in Video Game? Uncertain
(Mar. 02, 2010  7:52 PM)Nuno Wrote: I've played and finished both. I think that Assassins Creed 2 was a lot more fun since you had more abilities and weapons.
I'm loving the story so far. Smile

I've only finished the first one. The second one seems really long and difficult for me.
(Mar. 02, 2010  8:16 PM)Dude Wrote: Is there a particular reason why this is in Media and not in Video Game? Uncertain

Chocked_2 It's in Video Games
(Mar. 02, 2010  9:38 PM)KidTala Wrote: I've only finished the first one. The second one seems really long and difficult for me.

Chocked_2 It's in Video Games

It just got moved here, it was in Media earlier.
(Mar. 02, 2010  9:43 PM)Roan Wrote: It just got moved here, it was in Media earlier.

Ok, good...so I'm not crazy....
Like Prince Of Persia, there is just something off putting about this franchise. I played the first one, wasn't interested in any more of it. I was semi interested in the spinoff titles that were 2D, but meh. With the most recent PoP reboot the art style drew me in, but with AC there isn't anything that draws me in. I blame Ubisoft.
Ubisoft have made some fantastic games.
(Mar. 03, 2010  1:08 AM)To Wrote: Like Prince Of Persia, there is just something off putting about this franchise. I played the first one, wasn't interested in any more of it. I was semi interested in the spinoff titles that were 2D, but meh. With the most recent PoP reboot the art style drew me in, but with AC there isn't anything that draws me in. I blame Ubisoft.

Man, you're crazy, Assassin's Creed 2 is worth playing for the story alone.

I love the sort of alternate reality that they do with the game's mythos, where it's largely based on actual events in the past but bended to fit the almost sci-fi tone of the game's story.

Travelling through the renaissance in Assassin's Creed 2 and seeing historical landmarks I thought was really cool, but then again I've always had a fascination with the renaissance anyway so maybe I'm a bit biased. lol

And let's not forget that the game is actually good on it's own merits, setting and story aside. My only real complaint with the game is that I wish it was more stealth-oriented, rather than the action-adventure that it is. I always thought that Assassin's should be a little more... Subtle? haha
http://thehiddenblade.com/playstation-magazine-july
Some scans from the july issue of PSM featuring AC:Brotherhood.

[yes, that giga is me.]
i like assasins cweed i wike killing pepol hi hi hi hi hi (head spins around)
no but seriously i really like the games and theyre made by my fav company
i have played all the assassins creed games except odessey and origins
my fav games are AC2,AC 4 black flag,and revelations