As I Lay Dying

Anyone here like this band? Their new album just came out not to long ago and I really like it. =]
My friend is obsessed with this band. Lips_sealed He wears a shirt with their name on it all the time lol
I gave them a try a while back and they really don't suit me. :\
hey guys, i have an idea

let's talk about ben folds, k?

What type of music do these guys play? Any good?
Mr. Toto Wrote:What type of music do these guys play? Any good?

It's more or less death metal.

And I think it's a pretty shallow brand, even for the death metal genre.
Well, everyone to their own I suppose, their new album (An Ocean Between Us) is alot more heavy than their older one (Shadows are Security).
i'm sorry, i can't take a band named "as i lay dying" seriously Unhappy
Tamer Brad Wrote:i'm sorry, i can't take a band named "as i lay dying" seriously Unhappy

If I'm not mistaken, there was a book titled "As I Lay Dying" by William Faulkner, and I'm sure that's where the band got there name. And get this: Their genre is labeled as "Christian Metalcore". Now if that isn't an oxymoron, I dunno what is.
Katashi Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:i'm sorry, i can't take a band named "as i lay dying" seriously Unhappy

If I'm not mistaken, there was a book titled "As I Lay Dying" by William Faulkner, and I'm sure that's where the band got there name. And get this: Their genre is labeled as "Christian Metalcore". Now if that isn't an oxymoron, I dunno what is.

it's not an oxymoron, just seriously strange
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:

it's not an oxymoron, just seriously strange

Well, think about it, metal is the antithesis of "pure" Christianity. Hence, oxymoron.
i dont lisen to metal that much but this band is ok
Katashi Wrote:Well, think about it, metal is the antithesis of "pure" Christianity. Hence, oxymoron.

this is the stupidest thing i've ever read

well, no, but it's pretty stupid, the bible doesn't say anything about rock music, you're mixing up "pure" Christianity with lunatic fundamentalism
There's a lot of hard Christian bands..

Underoath, Norma Jean, P.O.D., and He Is Legend are all Christian bands.
I don't see why the genre or religion really matters, as long as the music is good.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:Well, think about it, metal is the antithesis of "pure" Christianity. Hence, oxymoron.

well, no, but it's pretty stupid, the bible doesn't say anything about rock music, you're mixing up "pure" Christianity with lunatic fundamentalism

Ugh, point taken, but aren't most extremely "Christian" people lunatic fundamentalists?
Katashi Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Ugh, point taken, but aren't most extremely "Christian" people lunatic fundamentalists?
we are not
Great, I opened up a can of worms. *Zips lips before this becomes yet another religion discussion (although I find it fun to talk about such a "tabooed" subject), and suggests everyone else do the same*