Arena Football

Apparently, there are no Arena Football threads here. Confused, I decided to make one. Since the sport is normally year-round, with two leagues, this is an opportune time to make one, with the AFL coming down to the playoffs now. The AFL season is at it's best, and I like the expansion Pittsburgh Power to take the Amarican Conference, and the Chicago Rush to dominate the National. The Arena Bowl will be a shootout between the explosive, Mike Vick-like Bernard Morris, and the Efficient, Smart, Well-sized, Peyton Manning-ish Russ Michna. I did like the High-octane offense of the Utah Blaze, led by hyper-active QB Tommy Grady, but they're sitting at 5-7 on a 3-game losing streak. So far, the best 5 teams in record are:

Jacksonville Sharks- 11-1. 11 game win streak, slipped by Orlando by 1. (Orlando, we have OT. DON'T GO FOR THE WIN AGAINST THE LEAGUE'S BEST DEFENSE!)

Arizona Rattlers- 10-2 Last loss was against #3 on this list, the Chicago Rush. It's insane, but they have been playing some awesome football.

Chicago Rush- 9-3 The most frustrating team on earth. One week they score 65 points, the next week, they score 40. (Chump change in the AFL) DB Vic Hall now has the record for most INTs in a season, while WR Reggie Gray is kicking some butt. Too bad our version of Devin Hester, Donovan Morgan, left for Philly. Bring him back!

As much as I hate to see it, but...
Orlando Predators- 8-4 Could have chalked up a win, but the coach had some guts, and went for the win. Such a dangerous team. I don't want the Power to see 'em in the Playoffs.

And the last one's a tie!

Pittsburgh Power/Georgia Force 7-5 (Power)/7-6 (Force)
Two new-ish teams to the AFL, and they've proven that they belong. Both are in the Playoff Hunt, and the Power are sitting at the top of their division. They both have 7 wins, and are on the rise. Especially the Power, who are fighting tooth and nail to win games. They beat the Cleveland Gladiators to take the lead in their division by scoring a measly 37 points. The Force, on the other hand, consistently score 55-60. The QB, Brett Elliot, has an arm and presence that reminds me of another QB named Brett. Think: 77 Touchdowns this season. It's insane! They met the Power May 6th and won big. We'll see if they'll meet in the playoffs. The epic logos help. A lot.

I've got to give a shout out to the 2-10 New Orleans VooDoo. Even with the terrible record, they're giving amazing teams all they can handle. This team could be a contender IF THE BALL BOUNCED LIKE A NORMAL BALL! Sadly, it does not. Even at 2-10, they can still make the playoffs if they're lucky, due to their division being full of 5-7 teams.
...I enjoy rants, but this is insane. My Arena Bowl take. Worst. Defensive. Game. Ever. Gacksonville takes it...73-70.

...I'm dumbfounded here. I will likely never say this again, but I am utterly blanked for words. I'm looking at the Arena Bowl, and I'm thinking "2 seconds left, the Sharks' QB is 40 and nearly out of gas, he just fell over three plays ago. Ball at the 10, against the third best defense in the league. Arizona's got this in the bag." Nope. How the HELL do you let essentially Brett Favre (Real name: Aaron Garcia) stiff-arm the brains out of one guy, then simply dissect you for a win? I mean, the drive started with 21 SECONDS! How do you let someone kill you like that? In football, arena or otherwise 70 POINTS SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO WIN. ALWAYS. Hell, in NCAA basketball you can win with 70. Nope, you HAD to let someone break a record on you with 2 SECONDS LEFT. Jacksonville misses multiple XP attempts. THEY HANDED YOU THE GAME! And you lost. Go home, Arizona, you didn't want it. Hell, I'm pissed that you guys beat Chicago! The LEAST you could have done was hold a very old offense to 60 points. This is why I back the Rush. They WIN in the last seconds. Not lose. Anyway, congrats on the win, Aaron Garcia.

My take on select teams this year: Orlando, knock these losers in your division out next year. Pittsburgh, quit benching Bernard Morris, he's 7-3. Shock, better luck next time, suckers. Don't be the last seed, and this wouldn't happen. Rush, you need to keep Russ Michna healthy. We should have won this year. Cleveland? Time to be childish, but...nananananah! You lost to Georgia! Georgia? Damn good showing, Pittsburgh'll see you next year in the playoffs! Utah? Quit fading! Dallas? Next year, the Rush will see you in the NC Championships. Tulsa? Eh. Kansas City? You found a QB. Now keep him healthy. New Orleans? Dudes, PJ Berry. He scares the living hell outta me. Keep him. Philly? You guys smell. You were by far the best team on paper, and you didn't even make the playoffs. Sad, people. You are a waste of Donovan Morgan. Give him back now. Arizona? Chokers. Anyway, that's all for this season, I guess.
I am still sort of confused about what we are so pose to say
I am a pRedator fan and....we are going to the Bowl next year. We signed Collin Drafts! He is going to bring this team to the bowl....not kidding ....whats better that a qb who throws well runs well and is on special teams.......Chicago Rush are....yes a good team but being inconsistent kills a team...just kills them. Arizona ....still cant believe they beat Chicago and Orlando in regular season.....BY A POINT....but uhh i guess they can be considered ol....i mean good.