33.33%
Eh.... not bad. Needs some work.
11.11%
I hate it this thread should die!
0%
Total: 100% 18 vote(s)
Metal Stone Face: Gryph

Weight: 5.5 grams
The sticker on Archer Gryph's Metal Stone Faces illustrates the eagle part of a Griffin/Gryphon/Griffon.

Chrome Wheel: Gryph

Weight: 30.4 grams Full Width: 46.09 mm Minimum Width: 45.06 mm Full Height: 5.01 mm
Similar to the Leone Wheel, Gryph consists of eight distinct sections. Four of them have spikes curved in a right-spin direction, and the other half of the sections mostly constitutes of straight boulders like on Bakushin. One of the latter sections is however in the shape of an eagle head viewed from a profile perspective, with the orb from the Crystal Wheel showing right at the left border of the head. Opposite of the eagle head, Gryph has one main contact point that helps to provide Force Smash on the bottom of a Synchrom and Upper Smash on the top.

When used as the top Chrome Wheel in a Synchrom
When used as a top Chrome Wheel, Gryph's compact shape makes it barely extend beyond other Chrome Wheels' circumferences. Unfortunately, this means it can't make solid contact in most cases.

However, Gryph performs excellently on one Chrome Wheel: Pegasis. Because of the direction of Pegasis' smaller wings, Pegasis has more Smash on the bottom of a right-spin Synchrom customization. Gryph can fully expose those contact points, as well as help to increase the spin velocity of the combo. As such, it can be used in the Attack combination MSF-H Pegasis Gryph W145R²F. If Pegasis isn't available, Ifraid can be used.

When used as the bottom Chrome Wheel in a Synchrom
Gryph, similar to its situation when at the top of a Synchrom, does not go past many Chrome Wheels on the bottom of a Synchrom. However, its smaller diameter helps in two ways: an increase in spin velocity due to the concentration of the weight, and revealing the contact points of the other Chrome Wheel. Gryph can enhance the top Chrome Wheel by giving it a higher RPM, which will allow more contact points to hit. Gryph also has a good amount of Force smash, which can help when facing lower opponents. Despite this, it is still outclassed by Chrome Wheels in Synchrom with themselves, such as the Wyvang Wyvang Synchrom. If two Wyvangs are not at a Blader's disposition, however, it can be used as a substitute in combos such as MSF-H Gryph Wyvang GB145R²F.

When in Synchrom with itself:
Gryph can fully expose its main contact points when combined in Synchrom with itself, which creates a powerful Smash Attack customization. It also has a lot of Force smash, due to its large Force Smash slopes. Despite this, Chrome Wheels such as Wyvang and Begirados outperform Gryph for Smash Attack.

The Gryph Gryph Synchrom does find use in Balance customs though. Thanks to Gryph's Force Smash, it can KO Stamina Types when used on a high-Track Balance combo. When paired with the E230 Track, it can also outspin most Defense Types that have tall Tracks because of the grinding from E230's disk. Thus, combining it with E230 helps defend against attackers and grind down the stamina of Defense Types. On top of that, with the Bottom BSF, which has nice stamina while still having the tendency to roam around the stadium, Gryph Gryph has excellent use in the custom MSF-H Gryph Gryph E230 BSF.

Crystal Wheel: Archer

Weight: 5.16 grams
Archer has large curves from a bow protruding around one half of its circumference, with some fancy string details engraved in the rest of the design, notably where the crystal is located. Like any other Crystal Wheel, Archer is however too light to be effective versus all Synchrom customizations as well as most 4D combinations.

Track: Claw 145

Weight: 3.2 grams Maximum Width: 34.0 mm Minimum Width: 27.0 mm Full Height: 14.50 mm Claws & Platform Height: 7.8 mm
C145 has three wings which extend outwards, each separately joined onto the underside of the Track. These are free-moving, and hence when the Beyblade is launched, these point outwards due to spin velocity. Their free-moving nature makes them decently effective for defensive purposes, as they are able to withstand low hits to the Track without significant spin loss, effectively absorbing the shock by rotating inwards. Furthermore, the Track is heavier than non-gimmicked Tracks such as 145, providing extra weight essential for Defense. As such, the Track used to be an essential part for current Defense customizations in old metagames, however the release of many wider, heavier and taller Tracks has rendered C145 useless now. Even in Zero-G Stadiums, when the Beyblade wobbles, the claws might have impact with the floor, causing loss of balance, severe loss of stamina or resulting in the Beyblade completely ceasing to spin.

Bottom: Sharp

Weight: 0.6 gram Full Width: 15.91 mm Tip Width: 4.14 mm Full Height: 8.83 mm Tip Height: 6.82 mm
Sharp was released as Spike in the Hasbro release.The Sharp Bottom offers very little movement and as such provides no Attack potential. The pointed tip allows for very little friction between the Bottom and the stadium surface, which helps prevent the loss of spin velocity. However, due to the fine nature of the tip, the Bottom is easily knocked off balance, and hence is outclassed by superior alternatives such as D or SD.

Overall
Gryph is an excellent replacement in Attack combos, and has great use in Balance customs as well. While Archer, C145, and S have no competitive use, Archer Gryph also includes a Metal Stone Face, which is useful for all kinds of customizations. This, combined with the potential of the Gryph Chrome Wheel, means all Bladers should own multiples of this Beyblade.
I like the draft.It's very informative.I can't give correction though since i don't have gryph.
Its looks pretty good, but the C145 Section needs edited to remove the part where it says its essential for defense, because its highly outclassed by BD145, SP230, E230, etc. I think most of the track and tip sections that we paste into articles need edited when referring to Zero-G Beys.
I have some notes for Gryph typed up some where, but Im not near them currently. However, here are some quick things....

I would point out that Gryph has one main contact point that provides its heavy force/upper smash, and that it is located opposite the eagle head.

When Gryph is on the top of a Synchrom, it still has just as much upper smash (I don't mean upper attack for anyone reading too fast) as it does force smash when it is on the bottom. Also, it still provides an increase in spin velocity when on the top. Another great use for it on the top is when it is in Synchrom with Pegasis. Pegasis performs better when on the bottom of a right spin Synchrom because of the direction of its smaller wings, and Gryph is not only small enought to expose Pegasis' small wings well, but it also provides the added spin velocity.

The main way Gryph Gryph E230(normal)BSF defeats low opponents is by grinding them with E230s disk. The combination of Gryph Gryph's spin velocity and E230's disk generally destroys the opponents stamina.

Last quick thing I see is in the last sentence in the used as the top Chrome Wheel in a Synchrom section......"Unfortunately, it cannot make good contact with E230 opponents on such tracks, rendering it uncompetitive." Im not really understanding that sentence. What do you mean by on such tracks, and that it cannot make contact? As I mentioned earlier Gryph has amazing upper smash, and as long as it isn't on a track like 90/85 and it can get above E230's disk it will make plenty of contact with the opponent. The only opponents that it would have trouble making contact with are ones using E230(boost) and SP230.

Hope that helps! I will look for my other notes tomorrow.
Ooh, thank you, I'm so as you posted in this thread. Stupid

I will add all that as soon as I get to a computer!
I've edited with KainHighwind's thoughts.

What does everyone(especially KainHighwind if your reading this)think?
Hmm, I actually like it a lot. It's informative, clear, and precise, nice job!

But as UGottaCetus mentioned, the C145 section needs to be edited, especially since it says:

"As such, the Track is an essential part for current Defense customizations."

Haha, it's been outclassed for a while now, saying it is outclassed by BD145 and other things, would make it better.

Otherwise, great job, it's really good! Smile
I only had a quick read over but it all looks good however considering no one has tested C145 for zero g beys i think it should be since from trying out a few of the things they reused in random boosters it seems like they didn't release anything without cause to. For instance if WB does very well on E230 for anti sway for the obvious reason that E230 moves so it's not affected and WB is a ball so when combined with E230 it helps the no sway factor (i'm sure this is news to some people but from what I saw WB on E230 is top tier for anti sway combos. Also W2D does very well on SA165 according to one person. And with low stuff like 130 that sounds like that height would nicely with an upper smash combo using Gryph. So I don't think this really done since more testing is needed on lower heights against higher ones.
I guess I can try C145 in Zero-G. I highly doubt it will do good tough. What do you want tested?

As for WB, it is really not that good when compared to BSF/RSF/SB/RS etc. I've tried it, and it really only gets about 50% against sway attack.
Girago does not have more smash than Gryph from my personal experience. IMO, Girago is pretty terrible for attack. I feel that part should be left off until official tests are done. I'll try to post them tomorrow in the Girago testing thread.
ShinobuXD, have you tested C145 in Zero-G stadiums yet ?
I haven't. I was hoping for some requests because I'm not sure what it could have potential in, but I guess I'll just try some mirror matchup, sway attack, and sway defense tests tonight.
I can help with that and report my findings later.

EDIT: OK, so I tested it for sway defense and I found that it didn't add anything to the defense, in fact in some ways it made it worse (such as the "claws" scraping).
I just tried Balro Balro C145/SA165 GF againsty sway defense benchmark(MF-H Duo Gasher AD145 WB), to see if the claws could assist in sway.

It wasn't anything special. The claws didn't help at all, and SA165 was way better. I'm testing it for stamina in a minute but I don't expect it to do good at all there.

EDIT: So in a mirror matchup against B:D it is actually doing quite decent, even with part swaps. The C145 WD combo is losing 5-4(one tie) out of 10 rounds. I'm going to do 11 more and see if this keeps up.

EDIT #2:
BBG-03
Parts Rotated
Ties Redone
Beylauncher with Rubber and 3-Seg. Grip

Earth Leone B:D vs Earth Leone C145 WD
B:D: 12 Wins(11 OS, 1 0GKO)
C145: 8 Wins(All OS)
2 Ties
C145 Win Rate: 40%

Can someone else please test this to make sure it isn't just me?
Links to my comparison between Gryph Gryph and Girago Girago:
Gryph Gryph
Girago Girago
(Jun. 13, 2013  1:29 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I just tried Balro Balro C145/SA165 GF againsty sway defense benchmark(MF-H Duo Gasher AD145 WB), to see if the claws could assist in sway.

It wasn't anything special. The claws didn't help at all, and SA165 was way better. I'm testing it for stamina in a minute but I don't expect it to do good at all there.

EDIT: So in a mirror matchup against BGrin it is actually doing quite decent, even with part swaps. The C145 WD combo is losing 5-4(one tie) out of 10 rounds. I'm going to do 11 more and see if this keeps up.

EDIT #2:
BBG-03
Parts Rotated
Ties Redone
Beylauncher with Rubber and 3-Seg. Grip

Earth Leone BGrin vs Earth Leone C145 WD
BGrin: 12 Wins(11 OS, 1 0GKO)
C145: 8 Wins(All OS)
2 Ties
C145 Win Rate: 40%

Can someone else please test this to make sure it isn't just me?

That wasn't really a good test man. BGrin is better than most 145 tracks because of how good it's stamina is so it's likely testing it against BGrin rather than W145/AD145 put C145 at a disadvantage. I'll do ten tests tomorrow to confirm your findings although tbh I know they're right because Takara simply wouldn't have rereleased it if it didn't have use in Zero G.
(Jun. 13, 2013  6:15 PM)Meow! Wrote: Links to my comparison between Gryph Gryph and Girago Girago:
Gryph Gryph
Girago Girago
Hmm...

I actually get better results with Gryph Girago, but I'll change it since our results differ completely.
Girago is better that's why.
Have you actually tested this? It may be, but there's obviously a chance it isn't, if Meow! and I are having differing results.
(May. 27, 2013  2:38 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Metal Stone Face: Gryph

Weight: 5.5 grams
The sticker on Archer Gryph's Metal Stone Faces illustrates the eagle part of a Griffin/Gryphon/Griffon.

Chrome Wheel: Gryph

Weight: 30.4 grams Full Width: 46.09 mm Minimum Width: 45.06 mm Full Height: 5.01 mm
Similar to the Leone Wheel, Gryph consists of eight distinct sections. Four of them have spikes curved in a right-spin direction, and the other half of the sections mostly constitutes of straight boulders like on Bakushin. One of the latter sections is however in the shape of an eagle head viewed from a profile perspective, with the orb from the Crystal Wheel showing right at the left border of the head. Opposite of the eagle head, Gryph has one main contact point that helps to provide Force Smash on the bottom of a Synchrom and Upper Smash on the top.

When used as the top Chrome Wheel in a Synchrom
When used as a top Chrome Wheel, Gryph's compact shape makes it barely extend beyond other Chrome Wheels' circumferences. Unfortunately, this means it can't make solid contact in most cases.

However, Gryph performs excellently on one Chrome Wheel: Pegasis. Because of the direction of Pegasis' smaller wings, Pegasis has more Smash on the bottom of a right-spin Synchrom customization. Gryph can fully expose those contact points, as well as help to increase the spin velocity of the combo. As such, it can be used in the Attack combination MSF-H Pegasis Gryph W145R²F. If Pegasis isn't available, Ifraid can be used.

When used as the bottom Chrome Wheel in a Synchrom
Gryph, similar to its situation when at the top of a Synchrom, does not go past many Chrome Wheels on the bottom of a Synchrom. However, its smaller diameter helps in two ways: an increase in spin velocity due to the concentration of the weight, and revealing the contact points of the other Chrome Wheel. Gryph can enhance the top Chrome Wheel by giving it a higher RPM, which will allow more contact points to hit. Gryph also has a good amount of Force smash, which can help when facing lower opponents. Despite this, it is still outclassed by Chrome Wheels in Synchrom with themselves, such as the Wyvang Wyvang Synchrom. If two Wyvangs are not at a Blader's disposition, however, it can be used as a substitute in combos such as MSF-H Gryph Wyvang GB145R²F.

When in Synchrom with itself:
Gryph can fully expose its main contact points when combined in Synchrom with itself, which creates a powerful Smash Attack customization. It also has a lot of Force smash, due to its large Force Smash slopes. Despite this, Chrome Wheels such as Wyvang, Girago, and Begirados outperform Gryph for Smash Attack.

The Gryph Gryph Synchrom does find use in Balance customs though. Thanks to Gryph's Force Smash, it can KO Stamina Types when used on a high-Track Balance combo. When paired with the E230 Track, it can also outspin most Defense Types that have tall Tracks because of the grinding from E230's disk. Thus, combining it with E230 helps defend against attackers and grind down the stamina of Defense Types. On top of that, with the Bottom BSF, which has nice stamina while still having the tendency to roam around the stadium, Gryph Gryph has excellent use in the custom MSF-H Gryph Gryph E230 BSF.

Crystal Wheel: Archer

Weight: 5.16 grams
Archer has large curves from a bow protruding around one half of its circumference, with some fancy string details engraved in the rest of the design, notably where the crystal is located. Like any other Crystal Wheel, Archer is however too light to be effective versus all Synchrom customizations as well as most 4D combinations.

Track: Claw 145

Weight: 3.2 grams Maximum Width: 34.0 mm Minimum Width: 27.0 mm Full Height: 14.50 mm Claws & Platform Height: 7.8 mm
C145 has three wings which extend outwards, each separately joined onto the underside of the Track. These are free-moving, and hence when the Beyblade is launched, these point outwards due to spin velocity. Their free-moving nature makes them decently effective for defensive purposes, as they are able to withstand low hits to the Track without significant spin loss, effectively absorbing the shock by rotating inwards. Furthermore, the Track is heavier than non-gimmicked Tracks such as 145, providing extra weight essential for Defense. As such, the Track used to be an essential part for current Defense customizations in old metagames, however the release of many wider, heavier and taller Tracks has rendered C145 useless now. Even in Zero-G Stadiums, when the Beyblade wobbles, the claws might have impact with the floor, causing loss of balance, severe loss of stamina or resulting in the Beyblade completely ceasing to spin.

Bottom: Sharp

Weight: 0.6 gram Full Width: 15.91 mm Tip Width: 4.14 mm Full Height: 8.83 mm Tip Height: 6.82 mm
Sharp was released as Spike in the Hasbro release.The Sharp Bottom offers very little movement and as such provides no Attack potential. The pointed tip allows for very little friction between the Bottom and the stadium surface, which helps prevent the loss of spin velocity. However, due to the fine nature of the tip, the Bottom is easily knocked off balance, and hence is outclassed by superior alternatives such as D or SD.

Overall
Gryph is an excellent replacement in Attack combos, and has great use in Balance customs as well. While Archer, C145, and S have no competitive use, Archer Gryph also includes a Metal Stone Face, which is useful for all kinds of customizations. This, combined with the potential of the Gryph Chrome Wheel, means all Bladers should own multiples of this Beyblade.

In the "When used as the top Chrome Wheel in a Synchrom", you make it sound like Gryph has no use at all and only helps to reveal the other Chrome Wheel's contact points though.

I also added a mention that Ifraid can be used if Pegasis is not available, because I think Ifraid Gryph is decent ... ? Does anyone strongly disagree ?
I think Ifraid Gryph is decent enough to be listed.

Editing at this moment.
Sorry to bump this thread, but is this draft ready for the Wiki? Nobody's posted anything in over two weeks, so that either means no one has any corrections and the draft is ready, or people forgot about it.
I was just waiting for someone else to confirm or infirm the Ifraid Gryph mention, but otherwise yes, I think it is ready.
I can try out Ifraid Gryph and post my results.

Sooo excited to get my next article up. Smile

EDIT: Ok, here's the comparisons. 10 rounds only, because 20 would be unfair, since the condition of my R2F would be too different.

Standard Procedure
Slightly past prime R2F

Ifraid Gryph W145 R2F vs MSF-L Revizer Revizer BD145 CS
Ifraid:4 Wins(All KO)
Revizer:6 Wins(4 OS, 2 KO)
Ifraid Win Rate: 40%

Pegasis Gryph W145 R2F vs MSF-L Revizer Revizer BD145 CS
Pegasis: 6 Wins(All KO)
Revizer: 4 Wins(3 OS, 1 KO)
Pegasis Win Rate: 60%

IMO that is a big difference. 60% and 40% are the difference between a win or a loss in a tournament.[/i]
Alright, but do you think there could be a Chrome Wheel that goes beneath Gryph but that leaves it to make contact the most ?