Anyone know any Movie-Editing/Making programs?

Hey, just wondering, does anyone here use or know any good Movie-Editing/Making programs I can use apart from Sony Vegas? I usually use Windows Movie Maker, but it commonly freezes and is pretty slow.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
I use Sony Vegas for personal reasons, but my TV Production's class uses Final Cut. Final Cut is a pretty good program if you can get a hold of it!
MMV isn't that bad, but if you want the best of the best, go Final Cut Pro. I heard Vegas is alright, mainly among Maplestory players ._.
(Nov. 07, 2008  1:45 AM)TheGigsMeister Wrote: Hey, just wondering, does anyone here use or know any good Movie-Editing/Making programs I can use apart from Sony Vegas? I usually use Windows Movie Maker, but it commonly freezes and is pretty slow.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I just realize that if WMM is laggy on your comp, then it might not be able to handle other movie editors.
G has a point. But ultimately Vegas Pro, Final Cut and Premiere are the crem da la crem, top of the crop , the big daddies, the dons...you get where I'm going with this.
If you need help with movie maker not working then http://www.desilucy.com/index.php?lvl=2XP helps a massive amount. Solved my own problem. Joyful_3

By the way, AVIs sometimes need to be converted to WMVs to stop WMM freezing.
Just decided to get Vegas 8.0 pro and it works great. Thanks everybody for all of your help and suggestions Smile
I upgraded from Windows Movie Maker XP to Sony Vegas Pro 8, and Pro 8 is awesome. It is superior to most editing programs, and I recommend it. It's very different and takes time to learn though. I've had it maybe for a month and still don't understand many things.
(Dec. 04, 2008  8:46 PM)TheUnkownGod Wrote: I upgraded from Windows Movie Maker XP to Sony Vegas Pro 8, and Pro 8 is awesome. It is superior to most editing programs, and I recommend it. It's very different and takes time to learn though. I've had it maybe for a month and still don't understand many things.

Thread is nearly a month old and he said "apart from Sony Vegas". Vegas is good though I must admit and I'd reccomend it too.
(Dec. 04, 2008  8:51 PM)Pikachao Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2008  8:46 PM)TheUnkownGod Wrote: I upgraded from Windows Movie Maker XP to Sony Vegas Pro 8, and Pro 8 is awesome. It is superior to most editing programs, and I recommend it. It's very different and takes time to learn though. I've had it maybe for a month and still don't understand many things.

Thread is nearly a month old and he said "apart from Sony Vegas". Vegas is good though I must admit and I'd reccomend it too.

? So what if it's a month old. It doesn't mean he or she went out and bought $500 program right away. I know he said apart from vegas, and that's why I mentioned it takes time to understand it fully. Adobe Premiere is good too, but even still, if there is a chance he hasn't gotten anything, why wouldn't I try to help?
(Dec. 04, 2008  9:51 PM)TheUnkownGod Wrote:

? So what if it's a month old. It doesn't mean he or she went out and bought $500 program right away. I know he said apart from vegas, and that's why I mentioned it takes time to understand it fully. Adobe Premiere is good too, but even still, if there is a chance he hasn't gotten anything, why wouldn't I try to help?

Quote:Just decided to get Vegas 8.0 pro and it works great. Thanks everybody for all of your help and suggestions

He got vegas.
(Dec. 04, 2008  11:40 PM)Pikachao Wrote:

Quote:Just decided to get Vegas 8.0 pro and it works great. Thanks everybody for all of your help and suggestions

He got vegas.

WTF I didn't even realize he said he got it. Sorry about being angry. I thought he said he was thinking about it. Pinching_eyes_2
Hmm, if it's for anime music making, windows movie maker is more than adequate unless you're a meticulous editor. 99% of AMVs produced have no warrant for a powerful video editing program.

Sony Vegas is used, by large, in amateur film productions and music videos. For example, the gaming videos scene heavily relies on Sony Vegas, primarily because it's got a very linear and simple interface and is really good for syncing to tracks. The vast majority of CS fragmovies are made in Sony Vegas, for example. http://www.sourceradio.com/modules.php?n...ch&id=1186 is a good example of what it can do. Has some basic masking and some heavy syncing.

However, Vegas is shunned by most professional media production groups. Primarily due to snobbishness, but also because the workflow with Adobe and Apple Products (including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro) are less than stellar. Also, it's unavailable on the Mac platform, which holds it back from the American pro-apple elitist segment in the US. Many media producers still believe that Mac is best for everything media related. This isn't true at all.

The other two popular choices are adobe premiere (and after effects as a supplement for advanced effects, though I personally use vegas with after effects to produce my videos) and Final Cut Pro (unfortunately, what I'm forced to use when I do corporation work).

Adobe Premiere is very powerful. It's also seamless with Photoshop and After Effects, which makes it VERY useful and intuitive to a photoshop user. It also has a very strong audio engine, which I find limiting in Vegas. It's slightly harder to use than Vegas, and it doesn't have QUITE the prestige of Final Cut, but it's a good balance of the two. It is primarily used for micro editing (editing small bits of scenes in RAW) and for the initial application and production of After Effects clips.

Final Cut Pro is powerful but overhyped. It's what most professional film outlets use. I personally find it tricky to micro-edit in Final Cut, and find it's more useful for larger projects. A lot of post-editing processing is done in Final Cut, so take from that what you will.
(Dec. 04, 2008  11:50 PM)TheUnkownGod Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2008  11:40 PM)Pikachao Wrote:

He got vegas.

WTF I didn't even realize he said he got it. Sorry about being angry. I thought he said he was thinking about it. Pinching_eyes_2

Lol np, I've scan read stuff badly many a time before.

Raikun, he already decided on sony vegas... if you didn't know. Did you really type all that out though? Seems like you know a lot about this. =O
Obviously I understood that he already chose Sony Vegas.

I just meant for future reference.

And yeah, I did type all that out, hence using "I" etc.