Any Tips?

I’m new to beyblades, any tips? My blades are the Nepstrius N2 and Eviprio
First off, welcome to the game of Beyblade and the WBO forum!

From what I can tell, you're using Hasbro? This is what I have for that:

(Mar. 28, 2018  2:12 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I think it's important to know that Burst series Beyblades are made by two companies: Takara-Tomy and Hasbro. These are incompatible and if you mix them, you will damage your parts. (The forge discs and frames, which are the middle parts of the Beyblades, can swap fine. It's the other parts that don't get along as well.)

The Beyblades you listed off, if those are the exact names, those should be the Hasbro ones (you may need to check their box to be sure). Many people here prefer Takara-Tomy, but there are still a number of people who get and like Hasbro. It's just important to not get mixed up from the information.

(Mar. 28, 2018  2:12 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: (TT is the Japanese company who originally makes them, and they are further ahead in the anime/cartoon than the west.)

With that said, you will come across some other differences. For instance, the Takara-Tomy name for Lost Luinor is Lost Longinus. What Hasbro calls "Beyblade Burst Evolution" and "Switchstrike System", TT calls "Beyblade Burst God" and "God Layer System". Some parts function differently due to Hasbro making changes from TT's designs.

Anyway, I think that's some good information for getting started. It'll help you with sifting through the information out there. You might find it helpful to check out the Beyblade Burst Hasbro product list in the wiki and to read the Burst System wiki page.

(Mar. 28, 2018  3:13 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: The Beyblade Standard-Type stadium by Takara-Tomy is fairly universally considered the best stadium, by TT and Hasbro fans alike, and it's the only one allowed in WBO Burst competitions. It's been re-released multiple times, as B-09, B-33, and some special ones. There are some set releases that include it, such as B-08, B-18, B-38, B-76, and the new B-107. It's the one you're seeing in all the videos, usually being white or black with the clear shielding all around.

Do know that the listed stadium sets contain Takara-Tomy beys, so as a Hasbro person, you're better off just getting a standalone like B-09 and B-33. But it's fine to just use Hasbro stadiums if that's all you can manage, just know that WBO tournaments will use the Standard-Type stadium, and it might help to have that to practice in.

I hope that helps you out. :) If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.
(Apr. 05, 2018  5:22 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: First off, welcome to the game of Beyblade and the WBO forum!

From what I can tell, you're using Hasbro? This is what I have for that:

(Mar. 28, 2018  2:12 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I think it's important to know that Burst series Beyblades are made by two companies: Takara-Tomy and Hasbro. These are incompatible and if you mix them, you will damage your parts. (The forge discs and frames, which are the middle parts of the Beyblades, can swap fine. It's the other parts that don't get along as well.)

The Beyblades you listed off, if those are the exact names, those should be the Hasbro ones (you may need to check their box to be sure). Many people here prefer Takara-Tomy, but there are still a number of people who get and like Hasbro. It's just important to not get mixed up from the information.

(Mar. 28, 2018  2:12 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: (TT is the Japanese company who originally makes them, and they are further ahead in the anime/cartoon than the west.)

With that said, you will come across some other differences. For instance, the Takara-Tomy name for Lost Luinor is Lost Longinus. What Hasbro calls "Beyblade Burst Evolution" and "Switchstrike System", TT calls "Beyblade Burst God" and "God Layer System". Some parts function differently due to Hasbro making changes from TT's designs.

Anyway, I think that's some good information for getting started. It'll help you with sifting through the information out there. You might find it helpful to check out the Beyblade Burst Hasbro product list in the wiki and to read the Burst System wiki page.

(Mar. 28, 2018  3:13 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: The Beyblade Standard-Type stadium by Takara-Tomy is fairly universally considered the best stadium, by TT and Hasbro fans alike, and it's the only one allowed in WBO Burst competitions. It's been re-released multiple times, as B-09, B-33, and some special ones. There are some set releases that include it, such as B-08, B-18, B-38, B-76, and the new B-107. It's the one you're seeing in all the videos, usually being white or black with the clear shielding all around.

Do know that the listed stadium sets contain Takara-Tomy beys, so as a Hasbro person, you're better off just getting a standalone like B-09 and B-33. But it's fine to just use Hasbro stadiums if that's all you can manage, just know that WBO tournaments will use the Standard-Type stadium, and it might help to have that to practice in.

I hope that helps you out. Smile If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you for taking the time to show this, what would be you’re reccomended BEYBLADE for beginners, and where can I find tournaments and what are there standard rules and regulations
You can find WBO's rules and other information under "More" at the top of the page. I'll also link them here, but now you know how to find them outside of this thread. Smile

There's an area in your account where you can put your location and it's supposed to notify you of nearby WBO-organized ones within the area as they come up.  You can see upcoming tournaments in the sidebar of the home page or over in the forum for them. I would suggest going into the WBO Beyblade Communities forum here and see if a thread exists for your state/province/country/etc. Then you can talk to others about what's going on.

If no tournaments exist in your area at all, you can try to help organize one (doesn't have to be by yourself, see if others in your area are interested in helping). WBO is all fan-run stuff.

I can't say I'm very knowledgeable about Hasbro Burst beys. I've only been into Burst a month and a half or so, and with Takara-Tomy at that (though I try to learn all I can). In your country, are you still on the regular Burst beys or has Switchstrike/Evolution come out? That would help pinpoint the best advice.
In the show, the bladers do certain launches. You can copy them from the show and use them in real life to do certain things
For example, the rush launch is used to make attack beys go toward the center
(Apr. 05, 2018  11:21 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote: In the show, the bladers do certain launches. You can copy them from the show and use them in real life to do certain things
A lot of the launches the Anime use aren't real, only there to try and make launching the Beyblade seem cooler. For instance, there's no launch that could imitate Shu's "Counter Launch" that sends it from motionless to aggressive straight down into the middle like the Anime shows, and no matter how hard a real-life Rantaro might try, there's no way to make a "Roktavor Zone" off of your launch either. Anything performance-wise from the Anime, from Beyblade abilities to launches, should be taken with a hefty grain of salt knowing that it's made to hype up the beys to increase sales.

In terms of launches, most of the time a flat launch will work well for Stamina and Defense types anyways, and Attack types work best if you can master the classic Sliding Shoot technique.
(Apr. 05, 2018  11:51 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 05, 2018  11:21 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote: In the show, the bladers do certain launches. You can copy them from the show and use them in real life to do certain things
A lot of the launches the Anime use aren't real, only there to try and make launching the Beyblade seem cooler. For instance, there's no launch that could imitate Shu's "Counter Launch" that sends it from motionless to aggressive straight down into the middle like the Anime shows, and no matter how hard a real-life Rantaro might try, there's no way to make a "Roktavor Zone" off of your launch either. Anything performance-wise from the Anime, from Beyblade abilities to launches, should be taken with a hefty grain of salt knowing that it's made to hype up the beys to increase sales.

In terms of launches, most of the time a flat launch will work well for Stamina and Defense types anyways, and Attack types work best if you can master the classic Sliding Shoot technique.

Roktavor Zone is a special move, not a launch style.
Also, Shu's counter launch works when using a catapult shoot (throwing the hand you hold it with forward while launching)

I do agree somewhat with what you say. Some launches really don't work.
(Apr. 06, 2018  12:16 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: Also, Shu's counter launch works when using a catapult shoot (throwing the hand you hold it with forward while launching)

I do agree somewhat with what you say. Some launches really don't work.
That's not even remotely close to what I was talking about. The whole point of Shu's Counter move is that it stays stationary until attacked before moving into a perfect attacking arc. A sliding shoot (the most common derivative of the Catapult shoot) will skip that stationary step altogether due to the launch angle, which gives it a good attack pattern but also prevents it from being a counterattack at all. Although effective, it's not what we see in the Anime at all.