Any Illinois bladders?

broo we need another illinois tournamenttt

(May. 11, 2023  6:54 PM)TheSwift Wrote: How do people feel about coming to Chicago? I could potentially set something up in the city over the Summer (Before BeybladeX release) if there would be interest?

Edit: It'd be on the North West or North East side of town. In either the Logan Square or Belmont areas of the city. I could work with a venue to rent out some space or something of that nature. People host tabletop/toy tournaments all the time in Chicago, so I'm sure I'll be able to set up a Beyblade event! I just need to gauge if there is enough interest.

nice pog! I could go to chicago!
Haven't played a lick of beyblade since 2020 but if anything is going down I'll definitely will be there this time around. If not, I've still got my organizer status. Let's make something happen.
ran a unofficial meet up in the parking lot of combo breaker this past weekend with a small single elimination bracket for free of course. It seems the FGC (fighting game community) is interested in Beyblades. I'd like to apply for Beyblade to be hosted as an official side tournament for some of these events but not sure the best way to go about it since I'm a noob. regardless i'll be letting it rip in the parking lot if nothing else lolol
Driving nearly 5 hours to go to Indiana on the 23 of June for our first tournament
Im super late but im just getting back into beyblade after being out the fandom for quite some time about 5 years when i was in 7th grade (im going to 12th this year) I love burst and I would love for someone to host a tournament before the end of the year in chicago it's a big city and it gives someone a reason to travel not just for a tournament im not good at hosting thing but definitely would particapate in a tourney in chicago.
(May. 29, 2023  5:52 AM)sinvida97 Wrote: ran a unofficial meet up in the parking lot of combo breaker this past weekend with a small single elimination bracket for free of course. It seems the FGC (fighting game community) is interested in Beyblades. I'd like to apply for Beyblade to be hosted as an official side tournament for some of these events but not sure the best way to go about it since I'm a noob. regardless i'll be letting it rip in the parking lot if nothing else lolol

A friend and I just bought a bunch of X stuff. We're gonna try getting some more fighting game people going on it. As it is we've already managed to work mahjong into our fighting game locals, and they've also dabbled around a bit with Beyblade in the past.

I definitely think there's room for something like this on the side in fighting game community events, especially with how dynamic X is. There's a good deal of crossover appeal.
Im down if someone is able to host there!
(Jun. 20, 2022  2:14 AM)BeyWil Wrote: Illinois America anyone up for a tournament?

Down!
what city again?
Just picked up beyblade again after having a month long trip to Japan in August so I’m down to help out a potential scene here in IL or more specifically Chiago
i'm in Kentucky, but sadly there are no tournaments or tournament organizers here as far as I know
I'm down for tournaments! Might not able to host but I can definitely join em!
Any updates on a tournament being put together in the Chicago area?

(May. 11, 2023  6:54 PM)TheSwift Wrote: How do people feel about coming to Chicago? I could potentially set something up in the city over the Summer (Before BeybladeX release) if there would be interest?

Edit: It'd be on the North West or North East side of town. In either the Logan Square or Belmont areas of the city. I could work with a venue to rent out some space or something of that nature. People host tabletop/toy tournaments all the time in Chicago, so I'm sure I'll be able to set up a Beyblade event! I just need to gauge if there is enough interest.

Are you thinking of setting up any tournaments in the near future?
Is this chicago?
(Oct. 10, 2023  6:29 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: Is this chicago?

Yeah I was talking about the Chicago area
aight bet :
(Jun. 20, 2022  2:14 AM)BeyWil Wrote: Illinois America anyone up for a tournament?

im down just tell us when
is it going to be burst or metal fight?
We don't to tourney's here yet but at Gamers World in Gurnee Miles we play Beyblade on Saturdays usually starting at 2PM https://g.co/kgs/ysyYHv
(Dec. 28, 2023  9:07 PM)Frisk291 Wrote: We don't to tourney's here yet but at Gamers World in Gurnee Miles we play Beyblade on Saturdays usually starting at 2PM https://g.co/kgs/ysyYHv

cool i used to. live there
(Jan. 29, 2024  7:22 PM)thebeybros2 Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2023  9:07 PM)Frisk291 Wrote: We don't to tourney's here yet but at Gamers World in Gurnee Miles we play Beyblade on Saturdays usually starting at 2PM https://g.co/kgs/ysyYHv

cool i used to. live there

sweet!
Y’all should join the Midwest Beyblade Club discord (for midwestern states like Illinois) (https://discord.gg/TY7SUzN7wj) and WBO discord (https://discord.gg/world-beyblade-organi...9171969096) if you haven’t already. You can find more bladers/tournaments in your community in there.