Anti-Beyblade Hating

Poll: Have people insulted you about liking beyblade in the past?

Yes.
69.57%
No.
17.39%
I keep it a secret.
13.04%
Total: 100% 23 vote(s)
(Oct. 19, 2008  12:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: hikaru no go is actually my favourite manga of all time

it is a beautiful story and amazingly well done

the artist is the same artist who did Death Note

OH MY GOD YES

It was the main reason I bought Shonen Jump (before I was smart enough to get them by themselves in manga volumes). I loved Hikaru no Go from the start, although towards the end my attention started fading. The main disappointment was how little of a part Sai had towards the end, but I'm pretty sure that's purposefully like that, for a reason.

btw, Go is nothing like checkers, unless you count the fact that both use little round pieces that are either black or white. It's far more complicated than checkers and actually had some use outside of just gaming (I'm pretty sure war generals would use this game as a means of planning battle strategy).

On a side note, I've been told my hair looks like a mirror of Light's from Death Note at times

It freaked my friend out
(Oct. 19, 2008  3:43 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2008  12:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: hikaru no go is actually my favourite manga of all time

it is a beautiful story and amazingly well done

the artist is the same artist who did Death Note

OH MY GOD YES

It was the main reason I bought Shonen Jump (before I was smart enough to get them by themselves in manga volumes). I loved Hikaru no Go from the start, although towards the end my attention started fading. The main disappointment was how little of a part Sai had towards the end, but I'm pretty sure that's purposefully like that, for a reason.

btw, Go is nothing like checkers, unless you count the fact that both use little round pieces that are either black or white. It's far more complicated than checkers and actually had some use outside of just gaming (I'm pretty sure war generals would use this game as a means of planning battle strategy).

On a side note, I've been told my hair looks like a mirror of Light's from Death Note at times

It freaked my friend out

i didnt say it was like checkers. i said it looked like checkers :-P lol but i know it is verry different, you dont even put the pieces in the box you put them on the lines XD
beyblade is a terriblee show their mouths dont fit what they are saying and i never understand what they are talkimng about and what does microns have to do with beyblades*refeing to what kenny said before tyson layed kai at the tournement at the begining of the series)
(Oct. 22, 2008  2:49 PM)taru678 Wrote: 1. beyblade is a terriblee show 2. their mouths dont fit what they are saying and 3. i never understand what they are talkimng about and 4. what does microns have to do with beyblades*refeing to what kenny said before tyson layed kai at the tournement at the begining of the series)

1. That's your opinion.
2. This is true in a lot of animes, but it does pretty well for the most part I find.
3. That's your own fault.
4. Assuming you meant to add a question mark and that was a question, I can't say I know what microns are.
Courtesy of Wikipedia:
"Micron, a micrometre, a unit of length in the metric system: one millionth of a metre"
(Oct. 22, 2008  5:07 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2008  2:49 PM)taru678 Wrote: 1. beyblade is a terriblee show 2. their mouths dont fit what they are saying and 3. i never understand what they are talkimng about and 4. what does microns have to do with beyblades*refeing to what kenny said before tyson layed kai at the tournement at the begining of the series)

1. That's your opinion.
2. This is true in a lot of animes, but it does pretty well for the most part I find.
3. That's your own fault.
4. Assuming you meant to add a question mark and that was a question, I can't say I know what microns are.

It's his fault he doesn't understand the made-up science in the Beyblade anime?
Some of it may be made up, but remember that it's fiction...

It's not really science anyways, it's just made up randomness. To do with "energy levels" and stuff. =P
Ive been made fun of for liking beyblade who knows how many times and I say Si a dragoon eats a pikachu for an appetizer (they all like pokemon) so then they have no response
(Oct. 23, 2008  12:12 AM)protocyber23 Wrote: Ive been made fun of for liking beyblade who knows how many times and I say Si a dragoon eats a pikachu for an appetizer (they all like pokemon) so then they have no response

People who like pokemon making fun of people who like beyblade. hurhurhur
No everybody i know loves Pokemon That's all they Freaking Talk About there like My blahblah can beat your blahblah Pokemon Fanboy: Yeah 120 damage and... I'm gonna catch that pokemon *turns baseball cap sideways*
Pokemon is less nerdy than Beyblade. Soo.
yar, but pokemon's not commonly seen as the pinnacle of incredibleness. Beyblades and pokemon are both on the nerdy side of the division line, and it's just funny to see that within that nerdy side there is still mockery of what is nerdier.

did i use the word nerdy enough? XD
Lol, ya, but here, actually, most people I know don't think Pokemon is as nerdy as Beyblade, probably just because Pokemon is known more, and most people here admit that the games are pretty fun (even if you just play for nostalgia).
(Oct. 23, 2008  12:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Pokemon is less nerdy than Beyblade. Soo.

Pokemon>Beyblade? O.o;
In terms of the anime, I'd definitely say Pokemon>Beyblade
I love both, but there's no point denying it
I've been watching both since I was a kid. I remember one time in a pokemon special, they featured the american pokemon rap.
I love both Pokémon and beyblade. I have no idea which I'd rather watch to be honest. Pokémon was way better back before they started making the new episodes anyways. =/
i prefer beyblade more than pokemon. i havent really followed pokemon that much, and beyblade was the biggest toy/show of my childhood. for me beyblade> pokemon hands down, but thats just my opinion.
Pokémon was/is the biggest thing in my life ever.

Therefore, I can't really compare.

Seriously...
go beyblade (i might get one soon yay!) but i just get to annoyed with pokemon

1. The Pokemon only say their name

2.Ash is supposed to be 12 (i think) but he looks like he's 14 or older.

3. The games suck i like the good ol' Pixelated games like Special Yellow Version (That's what i have)

4. The games are way too overrated I mean what's the point of playing a game with no storyline.

5. I just like Digimon better.

6(not really a reason) I seriously don't like most dubs i mean DBZ dub i like (it's sad no one likes DBZ anymore)but if i could find one i would give a subtitled pokemon a try

That's it Bye for now
(Oct. 23, 2008  10:34 PM)protocyber23 Wrote: 4. The games are way too overrated I mean what's the point of playing a game with no storyline.

:pwn:

i wish tetris had a more epic storyline
yeah tetris is fun that's an exception puzzle/riddle/brain boosting games are good even if most don't have a story line
(Oct. 23, 2008  11:05 PM)protocyber23 Wrote: yeah tetris is fun that's an exception puzzle/riddle/brain boosting games are good even if most don't have a story line

Pokemon does have a storyline. Pearl and Diamond had a good storyline. Of all of the Pokemon's game weaknesses, storyline comes nowhere near being the most important one.
yeah that might be true but i get sick of all the pokemon people are talking about like "My Blahblah has 430 SP Attack" I really have no idea what theyre talking about today i found out my friend has like three beyblades and my other friend has a Shadow Dragoon also one guy got a Draciel *dundundun*
There's no such thing as Shadow Dragoon.

Also, I bet those Pokemon fans have no idea what Upper Attack, Zombies, NSK Bearings, and other Beyblade terminology means.