Anti-Beyblade Hating

Poll: Have people insulted you about liking beyblade in the past?

Yes.
69.57%
No.
17.39%
I keep it a secret.
13.04%
Total: 100% 23 vote(s)
sonic and mario are simple concepts though; you don't have to get too deep to understand them. The beyblade anime, however, is just too complicated to be a classic like Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog.

You get what I mean?
(Oct. 13, 2008  6:13 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: sonic and mario are simple concepts though; you don't have to get too deep to understand them. The beyblade anime, however, is just too complicated to be a classic like Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog.

You get what I mean?

I was just linking it generally to other things. I happen to like video games a lot too. Beyblade isn't too much of a big concept, I'd say the yugioh has a lot more complicated rules and stuff.

Don't just dismiss it because the fiction aspect of it seems "stupid" to you. The cartoon never says they're made of "plastic" as such as far as I know, and seeing as they're powered by spirits in the form of bit beasts...
(Oct. 13, 2008  6:13 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: sonic and mario are simple concepts though; you don't have to get too deep to understand them. The beyblade anime, however, is just too complicated to be a classic like Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog.

You get what I mean?

how so is sonic not as complecated? why do you think sonic hasnt died yet and they keep coming out whit new sonic games? because it is a prity complex storyline if you think about it, and they can continue it which ever way they want. example. the original sonic was just against dr. robotnik to get the caos emeralds. now its more complex with more "bad" guys such as shadow(i know hes not completly bad) , rouge and even Chaos(that bloby looking thing). as well as many new "good characters" such as cheese (the chao) and cream. as well as amy rose. so the storyline in sonic has become more complex then before. so IMO sonic is more complecated than beyblade.
(Oct. 13, 2008  7:09 PM)beymasterkai Wrote:

You get what I mean?

how so is sonic not as complecated? why do you think sonic hasnt died yet and they keep coming out whit new sonic games? because it is a prity complex storyline if you think about it, and they can continue it which ever way they want. example. the original sonic was just against dr. robotnik to get the caos emeralds. now its more complex with more "bad" guys such as shadow(i know hes not completly bad) , rouge and even Chaos(that bloby looking thing). as well as many new "good characters" such as cheese (the chao) and cream. as well as amy rose. so the storyline in sonic has become more complex then before. so IMO sonic is more complecated than beyblade.

Good point, I guess as you get used to things they seem less complicated. Like I've been playing the Pokémon TCG for years and when people say "I could never get to grips with the rules" I can never understand it. =P
(Oct. 13, 2008  6:18 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: Don't just dismiss it because the fiction aspect of it seems "stupid" to you

Hey, I never said it was stupid. In fact, the anime was the reason I started blading. I was a BIG fan.

I'm just saying, sometimes an over-complicated plot can be the downfall of a show.

And beymasterkai, sorry for not making this clear, but I was talking about the older Sonic cartoons, not Sonic X etc
(Oct. 13, 2008  6:07 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2008  6:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: you're actually insane, this is ridiculous, ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Can't you open your mind a tiny bit to the concept of this? It's not like ki blasts are real, or monsters from cards in yugioh, or cardcaptors, or sonic or mario or any of those things make sense, but people still love them. It's FICTION.

And by the way, this can apply to the beyblade game as well as the anime but I was talking more about the anime.

EDIT: The whole thing would probably seem "less ridiculous" to people if the toys hadn't been released.

suspension of disbelief doesn't stop beyblade from being a pretty average show
(Oct. 13, 2008  7:28 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2008  7:09 PM)beymasterkai Wrote:

You get what I mean?

Good point, I guess as you get used to things they seem less complicated. Like I've been playing the Pokémon TCG for years and when people say "I could never get to grips with the rules" I can never understand it. =P

yeah that was me. i could never get into the pokemon TCG yet i loved the video games as a kid lol but yeah beyblade has remained fairly simple, yeah they get new characters in each season but the plot stays the same. the bladebrakers fighht with their tops to save the world. lol and tyson in the final battle calls in his friends power to defeat his final opponent every time lol XD quite cheezy if you ask me, but i grew to love it lol.
I used to take my collection into my school, when I was in year 10 (Grade 9)...this was my second to last year before college. People became inteterested in my collection and asked about it. Some didn't understand (others didn't want to know) the concept and became haters...but what can you do when you have people who are that narrow minded.
(Oct. 13, 2008  7:56 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2008  6:18 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: Don't just dismiss it because the fiction aspect of it seems "stupid" to you

Hey, I never said it was stupid. In fact, the anime was the reason I started blading. I was a BIG fan.

I'm just saying, sometimes an over-complicated plot can be the downfall of a show.

And beymasterkai, sorry for not making this clear, but I was talking about the older Sonic cartoons, not Sonic X etc

I was typing to brad.
SurfinPikachao, let me just say that you probably aren't going to sway Brad either way. He's already pretty aware of the aspects of the show (fiction and nonfiction), I'm sure.
I just think it's fairly ridiculous to get up-in-arms because people think the Beyblade show is stupid. It is a stupid show, and why should we care if people think it is anyway? It's just a cartoon designed to sell toys; not a ground-breaking drama series or something.

Quote:People that just generally think it's stupid and say that "spinning tops can't hurt you" are really the stupid ones. I usually ask them if they'd sit still while I launch a beyblade at their face, at which point they shut up.

Yeah, they're the stupid ones.

Quote:Some of them are people that like other anime such as Bleach and Dragonball. Responses to these such people are usually along the lines of ki blasts not being real, nobody could ever hold a sword that big, or asking them about the bleach spirit world.

This series, regardless of your opinions of them, have universal laws that make sense within the context of the show, and they are fighting with swords and magic, not spinning tops made of plastic and metal. This comparison is ridiculous.

Why can't you just accept that the Beyblade cartoon is mediocre television made to make kids buy toys?
(Oct. 14, 2008  3:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I just think it's fairly ridiculous to get up-in-arms because people think the Beyblade show is stupid. It is a stupid show, and why should we care if people think it is anyway? It's just a cartoon designed to sell toys; not a ground-breaking drama series or something.

Quote:People that just generally think it's stupid and say that "spinning tops can't hurt you" are really the stupid ones. I usually ask them if they'd sit still while I launch a beyblade at their face, at which point they shut up.

Yeah, they're the stupid ones.

Quote:Some of them are people that like other anime such as Bleach and Dragonball. Responses to these such people are usually along the lines of ki blasts not being real, nobody could ever hold a sword that big, or asking them about the bleach spirit world.

This series, regardless of your opinions of them, have universal laws that make sense within the context of the show, and they are fighting with swords and magic, not spinning tops made of plastic and metal. This comparison is ridiculous.

Why can't you just accept that the Beyblade cartoon is mediocre television made to make kids buy toys?

Things don't always do what they're designed for.
great response A+
(Oct. 15, 2008  5:46 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: great response A+

Thanks, and it's not like I'm trying to force you to like it. Just to accept that others can, okay? Obviously you're free to have your own opinions. =]
The show is pretty average, though I like it for nostalgia, thats all. You should convince people to like the toys and ignore the anime because the toys aren't like in the anime. It seems better to us because of nostalgia, I think.
(Oct. 15, 2008  11:19 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: The show is pretty average, though I like it for nostalgia, thats all. You should convince people to like the toys and ignore the anime because the toys aren't like in the anime. It seems better to us because of nostalgia, I think.

i agree i like the show b/c it reminds me of my childhood! lol thats why i have season 1 and 2 on my hard drive XD XD (looking for all of G REV if anyone knows where to fund it lol) but the show was not the best, but not the worst. they have animes about anything now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9QMhpn7lRw
(Oct. 17, 2008  9:21 PM)beymasterkai Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2008  11:19 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: The show is pretty average, though I like it for nostalgia, thats all. You should convince people to like the toys and ignore the anime because the toys aren't like in the anime. It seems better to us because of nostalgia, I think.

i agree i like the show b/c it reminds me of my childhood! lol thats why i have season 1 and 2 on my hard drive XD XD (looking for all of G REV if anyone knows where to fund it lol) but the show was not the best, but not the worst. they have animes about anything now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9QMhpn7lRw

I remember that anime, that was some cool yoyo moves that they do but it suck because u can't do those moves in reall life
(Oct. 18, 2008  6:33 PM)Leo Aggressive Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2008  9:21 PM)beymasterkai Wrote: i agree i like the show b/c it reminds me of my childhood! lol thats why i have season 1 and 2 on my hard drive XD XD (looking for all of G REV if anyone knows where to fund it lol) but the show was not the best, but not the worst. they have animes about anything now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9QMhpn7lRw

I remember that anime, that was some cool yoyo moves that they do but it suck because u can't do those moves in reall life

What's wrong with a yo-yo anime? They're not forcing you to watch it. =P
Might actually look into that now. xD

And Kenny, I seriously hope you didn't get out your yo-yo and try. -.-
(Oct. 18, 2008  10:05 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2008  6:33 PM)Leo Aggressive Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2008  9:21 PM)beymasterkai Wrote: i agree i like the show b/c it reminds me of my childhood! lol thats why i have season 1 and 2 on my hard drive XD XD (looking for all of G REV if anyone knows where to fund it lol) but the show was not the best, but not the worst. they have animes about anything now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9QMhpn7lRw

What's wrong with a yo-yo anime? They're not forcing you to watch it. =P
Might actually look into that now. xD

And Kenny, I seriously hope you didn't get out your yo-yo and try. -.-

im just saying as animes come, beyblade was not the worst concept for a show. Pinching_eyes
hahahaha super yoyo

although, there are actually anime about things seemingly more boring and some of them are actually good (Hikaru no Go)
(Oct. 18, 2008  11:30 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: hahahaha super yoyo

although, there are actually anime about things seemingly more boring and some of them are actually good (Hikaru no Go)

yeah an anime about go ( a game that looks like checkers) doesn't look like its going to be entertaining. ive never seen it though. :-/
hikaru no go is actually my favourite manga of all time

it is a beautiful story and amazingly well done

the artist is the same artist who did Death Note
(Oct. 19, 2008  12:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: hikaru no go is actually my favourite manga of all time

the artist is the same artist who did Death Note

havent seen death note either Chocked_2 but was planing to watch both, but got caught up in the new excitement of MFB XD
Hikaru no Go is a great show lol and it was nice to see a manga and anime based off a game that I play competitively in (lol sorry if spelt wrong Unhappy lol )
(Oct. 19, 2008  12:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: hikaru no go is actually my favourite manga of all time

Yeah, I'd be inclined to say the same thing. I haven't read it in a while, but I really enjoyed what I was able to read (haven't finished it yet).