Anti-Beyblade Hating

Poll: Have people insulted you about liking beyblade in the past?

Yes.
69.57%
No.
17.39%
I keep it a secret.
13.04%
Total: 100% 23 vote(s)
Hi, pretty sure this is in the right forum. Right, I just wanna start of by saying that I'm not against beyblade anime, I think it's awesome. (Sorry for the long rant by the way)

There are a LOT of people in life that will say that beyblade is stupid, unrealistic or "dumb". Some of them are people that like other anime such as Bleach and Dragonball. Responses to these such people are usually along the lines of ki blasts not being real, nobody could ever hold a sword that big, or asking them about the bleach spirit world.

People that just generally think it's stupid and say that "spinning tops can't hurt you" are really the stupid ones. I usually ask them if they'd sit still while I launch a beyblade at their face, at which point they shut up.

The main way I think of beyblade is that it's kind of like a mind game, and the energy from the beyblades is evidently from the "bit beasts" and energy they gain through their minds and bodies.

Basically, I just make people realise that it's fiction, and try to tell them to get over it. Then again, people will always lash out at others to make themselves feel better.

What's your opinion, and how do you talk down the people that insult beyblade?
Meh, I agree the show does get unweildly with it's unrealism, see the Brooklyn VS. Takao match. So, I'll give them that.

But the haters I don't like are those who automatically think it's 100% trash because it's a show made to sell toys. The show features pretty deep character developement within it's span of episodes, and is leaps better then something like Battle B Daman, but keeps getting paired with it. Kiba also seems to suffer from this fate to.
(Oct. 11, 2008  11:16 PM)To Wrote: Meh, I agree the show does get unweildly with it's unrealism, see the Brooklyn VS. Takao match. So, I'll give them that.

But the haters I don't like are those who automatically think it's 100% trash because it's a show made to sell toys. The show features pretty deep character developement within it's span of episodes, and is leaps better then something like Battle B Daman, but keeps getting paired with it. Kiba also seems to suffer from this fate to.

The power is clearly from the bit beasts and stuff, it's like Ki Blasts in Dragonball Z. In any parallel universe stuff like this could have been possible, people don't seem to open their minds enough, they have to make everything similar to our lives in fiction.

The Toys thing is stupid, it's not made TO sell toys, the toys seem to be a separate thing that's linked to the episodes, it's a franchise that helps to sell the toys. People buy thousands of Pokemon/Yugioh cards, figures and plushies all the time. What makes beyblade so much worse?

It's not like we think it's real (maybe with the exception of that guy who said he kept his beyblade spinning for like 25 minutes).
it didnt really bother me that they made fun of me i just walked away
(Oct. 11, 2008  11:22 PM)Animeblader Wrote: it didnt really bother me that they made fun of me i just walked away

I guess this is the right thing to do, in a way I pity the people that can't even open their mind a tiny bit to the concept of art in this form.

It's one thing saying they dislike it, an entire different thing when they insult it by saying it's a little kids' show though and that you shouldn't watch it.
i uh...didn't really alert everyone i knew i was a beyblader, but people did happen to notice my collection lying in my room when they came over once. They lol'd a little but nothing big.

And then one of em happens to let it slip in school...

it wasn't a good day
(Oct. 11, 2008  11:26 PM)Gravity Fox Wrote: i uh...didn't really alert everyone i knew i was a beyblader, but people did happen to notice my collection lying in my room when they came over once. They lol'd a little but nothing big.

it wasn't a good day

If you explain what happened, maybe we could help to form some more ways of stopping their insults, and maybe even helping them to understand.

I dunno if this is worse at public or private school (I go to public school) but I'm not on my own as a watcher of anime at my school so generally those people can at least open their minds a bit to beyblade.
(Oct. 11, 2008  11:26 PM)Gravity Fox Wrote: i uh...didn't really alert everyone i knew i was a beyblader, but people did happen to notice my collection lying in my room when they came over once. They lol'd a little but nothing big.

it wasn't a good day
thats bad everybody knew at my school i bladed almost everybody at the school thought i was cool this 1 guy asked me why i like it so much then he said there wasnt going 2 be another season i didn't believe him though
it's not really an issue anymore really, since i graduated school a while ago. In a way, it doesn't matter whether people understand or not, since they can choose to mock anyway, it's just the way people are. People mock for the sake of entertainment it provides them.

the offer of help was nice of you though Smile
(Oct. 11, 2008  11:32 PM)Gravity Fox Wrote: it's not really an issue anymore really, since i graduated school a while ago. In a way, it doesn't matter whether people understand or not, since they can choose to mock anyway, it's just the way people are. People mock for the sake of entertainment it provides them.

no prob anytime dude my principal didnt even mind me brining them 2 school
(Oct. 11, 2008  11:32 PM)Gravity Fox Wrote: it's not really an issue anymore really, since i graduated school a while ago. In a way, it doesn't matter whether people understand or not, since they can choose to mock anyway, it's just the way people are. People mock for the sake of entertainment it provides them.

That's okay. I think educating people is what's needed. People mock what they don't understand, or things which have such little importance to them or "grown ups" that they won't be retaliated at for it.
I dont understand why people would make fun of the game just because of the show.Especially when they say it is unrealistic. Its a CARTOON! How many cartoons do you know that are realistic? Some people used to say stuff when I was younger.

But, I think as you grow up people really dont care what you do anymore. I am in college now and people around my age could care less what people do/like nowadays. Like when Iwent out to eat with some of my friends and told them I was busy the next day with a Beyblade tournament they didnt care. They were like I am not gonna lie that game was pretty fun. Bottom line is that as you get older things change. Just be comfortable with yourself and you wont feel like everyone is against you just because you like beyblade.
(Oct. 11, 2008  11:55 PM)Pinoy Blader Wrote: I dont understand why people would make fun of the game just because of the show.Especially when they say it is unrealistic. Its a CARTOON! How many cartoons do you know that are realistic? Some people used to say stuff when I was younger.

But, I think as you grow up people really dont care what you do anymore. I am in college now and people around my age could care less what people do/like nowadays. Like when Iwent out to eat with some of my friends and told them I was busy the next day with a Beyblade tournament they didnt care. They were like I am not gonna lie that game was pretty fun. Bottom line is that as you get older things change. Just be comfortable with yourself and you wont feel like everyone is against you just because you like beyblade.
yes this is trueJoyful_3
People just don't think it dumb some of them think u a mess up person living in a fake world, people scare of things like bringing a death note to school, bringing a gun to school to kill people with and stuff like that
(Oct. 12, 2008  12:03 AM)Leo Aggressive Wrote: People just don't think it dumb some of them think u a mess up person living in a fake world, people scare of things like bringing a death note to school, bringing a gun to school to kill people with and stuff like that

someone bringing a gun to school to kill people with is freaking scary
Back on topic, yeah people do get more mature as they grow up and realise that fictional things don't really matter, and that people are free to like what they want.

It worries me when sixteen year olds in my school classes still try their best to make fun of me though, I mean, how much more time will they need to grow up?! Most people don't seem to care anymore though, they just get on with their lives. Liking a cartoon or a game doesn't really hurt anyone else, so they'll usually be fine with it.

I think the people who continue to try and make fun of you are insecure about themselves, and try to take it out on others.
The fact is, people mock other people. Some wise up and get tolerant of others, some just continue being a-holes.
(Oct. 12, 2008  12:23 AM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: I think the people who continue to try and make fun of you are insecure about themselves, and try to take it out on others.

So True
Not many people that I personally know actually know that I have interest in Beyblade, actually

Ever since I moved about three years ago, I've almost had two lives

Social Life, which involves things life friends, school-related stuff, and other things that have nothing to do with Beyblade, and

Other Life, which involves stuff others don't know about me, such as my love for Beyblades and japanese music
(Oct. 12, 2008  1:41 AM)Grey Wrote: Not many people that I personally know actually know that I have interest in Beyblade, actually

Ever since I moved about three years ago, I've almost had two lives

Social Life, which involves things life friends, school-related stuff, and other things that have nothing to do with Beyblade, and

Other Life, which involves stuff others don't know about me, such as my love for Beyblades and japanese music

Same with me, but I moved about 5 years ago.
beyblade is a dumb show and this is a dumb thread
(Oct. 12, 2008  6:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: beyblade is a dumb show and this is a dumb thread

I'd love to see your reasoning behind this please. Joyful_3

EDIT: I also hate the people that go onto beyblade videos and sites just to insult them. =S
(Oct. 12, 2008  12:38 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2008  6:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: beyblade is a dumb show and this is a dumb thread

EDIT: I also hate the people that go onto beyblade videos and sites just to insult them. =S

I hate when people do this anyway, with any video. These people need to get lives and stop going to videos to say that they suck.

Also:

I just realized we were talking about the Beyblade anime and not the entire game
Either way, my OP is true, but wow
(Oct. 12, 2008  12:38 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:

it's a show about magical spinning tops and the monsters that reside inside of them

really how much reasoning do you have to give to prove that beyblade is a pretty ridiculous concept
(Oct. 11, 2008  11:08 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: There are a LOT of people in life that will say that beyblade is stupid, unrealistic or "dumb". Some of them are people that like other anime such as Bleach and Dragonball. Responses to these such people are usually along the lines of ki blasts not being real, nobody could ever hold a sword that big, or asking them about the bleach spirit world.

People that just generally think it's stupid and say that "spinning tops can't hurt you" are really the stupid ones. I usually ask them if they'd sit still while I launch a beyblade at their face, at which point they shut up.

The main way I think of beyblade is that it's kind of like a mind game, and the energy from the beyblades is evidently from the "bit beasts" and energy they gain through their minds and bodies.

you're actually insane, this is ridiculous, ughhhhhhhhhhhh
(Oct. 12, 2008  6:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: you're actually insane, this is ridiculous, ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Can't you open your mind a tiny bit to the concept of this? It's not like ki blasts are real, or monsters from cards in yugioh, or cardcaptors, or sonic or mario or any of those things make sense, but people still love them. It's FICTION.

And by the way, this can apply to the beyblade game as well as the anime but I was talking more about the anime.

EDIT: The whole thing would probably seem "less ridiculous" to people if the toys hadn't been released.