[Answered]  Why they change go shoot (in japan) to let it rip (international)?

Why they change go shoot (in japan) to let it rip (international)?
Unless you can talk to someone from Hasbro who knows the story, anything anyone says is just a guess.

My guess is that "Go shoot!" seemed odd to say in English. We say, "3-2-1 Go!" or maybe "Rock-Paper-Scissors shoot!" And who knows, maybe they thought "shoot" was too close of a gun thing.

"Let it rip!" is already an English expression to say "Let's go!" or "Let's start!" And if you're trying to dub the anime, you need to say more than "Go!" to try to match the mouth movements. And since you're using a ripcord (no string launchers originally), "Let it rip!" probably seemed clever and possibly catchy like "Gotta catch 'em all!" is for Pokémon. (Not that I'm saying it is, just some people might've hoped it would be. They seemed to tag it on the same way.)

But again, all guesses.
The same reason that Hell was changed to Hades, Screw was changed to Spiral and Uranus was changed to Ice Titan. Parents.

Shoot is associated with guns. Parents do not like guns. So Go Shoot was changed so parents will buy the toys.
I prefer go shoot myself.. I think it sounds better..

Let it rip sounds like you're going to fart hahaha
It's not school-appropriate to say "Shoot"

no wonder there have been so many shooters
(May. 04, 2018  2:43 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: It's not school-appropriate to say "Shoot"

E D G Y

also i prefer go shoot, maybe its bcos the tournaments are run by takara tomy here.

no wonder there have been so many shooters